[RECOVERY][MT6735] TWRP-3.0.2 for Lenovo Tab3 7 (TB3-730X)

Search This thread

sany

Nov 13, 2006
Hello Friend @A.a.a1 - I would suggest you to dump this tablet which will save you time, effort and peace of mind. I was so fed up with this. Never again will buy a lenovo product. There is also not much support with the XDA for this. Very difficult to find a ROM that works. By seeing laptops from lenovo like Yoga and the likes, I was sold off for their tablet but now I see they are totally useless with software. They don't even send an update to fix any issue. Never even think of getting their tab. Sorry to sound negative.

Reactions: m890

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Recovery
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fh2zjkNt.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
    [/CENTER]

Credits:
    - TWRP Team

Device: Lenovo Tab3 7 Tablet - TB3-730X
    Do not flash this on TB3-730F. The F model has different chipset and this recovery will softbrick it.
    @sun_dream reported that 730F is working. So you can probably flash it, but be prepared with OFW, in case something goes wrong.

Instructions:
    IMPORTANT: read all instructions at least once, before starting.
    Note: If you're are a newbie, you can read more detailed instructions by honzazkrumlova here
    - Download from link below.
    - Enable "USB debugging" from developer options.
    - Enable "OEM Unlocking" from developer options.
    - Reboot device in Fastboot Mode (Bootloader mode), either with "adb reboot bootloader" or with VolDown+Power, to enter Recovery mode and then select "Reboot into bootloader"
    - Unlock the bootloader with "fastboot flashing unlock" or "fastboot oem unlock" and follow the instructions on the tablet. (WARNING: This will erase all your data - Factory Reset)
    - Once unlocked, you can use "fastboot boot TWRP_3.0.2_Lenovo_TB3-730X_Android-6.0_recovery.img" to start TWRP.
    - When TWRP ask to modify system partition, answer "NO". Otherwise you will soft-brick your device and you will have to flash the original firmware and start from the beginning.
    - If you want root - flash SuperSU, or as the user @Kellicros reported, you can flash Magisk 11.1.
    - If you want XPosed, get it here.
    - If you want to permanently flash the recovery, use "fastboot flash recovery TWRP_3.0.2_Lenovo_TB3-730X_Android-6.0_recovery.img".
    - If you use it on any other Lenovo Tab3 7 device, please post the model.
    - Thanks is always welcome.

Downloads:
    TWRP_3.0.2_Lenovo_TB3-730X_Android-6.0_recovery.zip (well tested, consider it stable)
    TWRP_3.1.1_Lenovo_TB3-730X_Android-6.0_recovery.zip

Unbrick your device:
    Follow this thread
    Thanks for the info, I've updated the OP, to link to your post.

yes, this would be helpful for many users:D
    Strange.
    TWRP does not depend on your /system/build.prop... it has it's own.
    If you have problems with TWRP, then the problem should be somewhere else.
    Perhaps hardware problem?
    Think again what have you done so far and what could be the root of the problem.

So far,,
    About 6 months ago, I installed twrp and was working,by mistake I broke screen but still working well, wiped entire system including bootloader, than tab was useless since than,
    I dissembled each part of tab and reassembled too,
    I flashed OFW and tab is again working great but whenever I try to install twrp,first it runs open recovery script and shows mount error so there is mount issue,storage is shown null(0mb),and device gets bootloop and bricked, so I have to again flash OFW to make tab alive,
    Dont know where problem is occurring
    May be because I have Indian verient and firmware is for another country verient

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

Yesterday, when for first time I installed twrp, it asked for some decryption password
    Dont know what is that! Is that issue because of encrypted system or something?
    apparently, with the brick, a connection error came because my tablet was keeping connecting and disconnecting from the pc so the SPFT couldn't do anything, all i got from the tool was a blank window and continuous connected/disconnected sounds from the os (windows 10). Googled after it and took all usb cables i could find in my house and tried and eventualy (6th cable) it started downloading!!!
    YOU just unbricked my tablet! THANK YOU!

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

So now, i have to start all over again with the TWRP but first of all, boot in it and do a backup and after this, flash it with adb!!! It have 10% battery right now, so i will do it later and hopefully i will succeed!
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your help!

You Are Most Welcome

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Thanks for the info, I've updated the OP, to link to your post.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/mt6735-stock-firmware-unbrick-lenovo-t3695575

I just created a Thread regarding firmware flashing,
    new issue is coming out,twrp showing all storages 0 MB
    and there is some type of bootloop of twrp