• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][N8000/N8013]CWM 6.0.4.4{Fully Working}

Search This thread

x50v_fun

Jan 8, 2009
Flash access seems to cause device to reboot...

I seem to have the same or a very similar issue (running gnabo v6) and narrowed it down to the fact that accessing certain areas of the flash memory seem to cause the device to reboot.

Here is what I tried according to various XDA posts dealing with bootloop and ehf corruption issues:
- CWM always rebooted whenever I was trying to do the factory reset (wiping cache, media, system, dalvik seemed to work)
- flash stock ROM with Odin and check 'nand erase all' --> failed with error writing flash
- flash stock ROM with Odin without 'nand erase all' passes but rebooting still causes bootloop
- use ADB to mk2fs on /dev/block/....0p3 and mount /efs seems to work but trying to create a folder or even a 'ls' command causes the device to reboot. Interestingly after this the 'factory reset' in CWM didn't cause a reboot.

Where you able to solve the issue?

Hey everyone. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but it seems that my GT-N8000 is on the fritz again. The device was screen-off this morning (I left home) and when I came home it was in a reboot loop.

I jumped into recovery (CWM v6.0.4.4) to try to wipe both cache and dalvik (both successful) and rebooted. Same bootloop.

So then I decided to wipe the storage and reinstall the ROM (Gnabo v8 is what I had been running). When I attempt to "wipe data/factory reset", it says "formatting data . . ." and then reboots into the bootloop again.

Then I thought that maybe it was wiped, so I attempted to flash Gnabo. It installs successfully (Installing update, blue bar goes across, "Enjoy!" and "Install from sdcard complete."), however, when the installation starts, I get the first box and then it sits for almost 2 minutes before the blue bar appears, fills in just a few quick seconds, and then displays the completed message. It seems to me that the installation and the blue bar should be taking longer, but what do I know. Anyway, I rebooted (No, don't fix ROM flasing stock recovery on reboot), then back into the bootloop. So I'm still losing.

I don't know if it's related, but some months ago I had something similar happen in that the device was in a bootloop and it turned out that it had somehow lost the /efs folder. I had restored that (thanks XDA forums!) and it had been working fine since about June 2015.

I'm starting to think that my memory has gone bad, and that I basically have a 10.1 inch paperweight. Suggestions? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Michael833

Jun 29, 2008
The Hague
Yes! I was able to solve this issue, but only temporarily. I'm pretty sure that my memory went bad, but did so in sectors. First the section which contained my /efs, then more, and eventually enough that I can't even rebiot or flash anything. Any suggestions on replacing the hard drive without replacing the whole mother board?

tech_savvy_sk

Oct 3, 2013
Broken tar file for Odin

The tar file for Odin is broken. While flashing it through Odin doesn't go past the NAND write stage.
Tried it many times.
Thumbs down for that!
Flashed img file using Flashr. So that worked.
Thumbs up for that!

dmking99

Feb 1, 2014
On the first page, if you elect to use the ODIN method, and you see:
"Second Method Is Via ODIN.
First Download ODIN"

DO NOT CLICK ON THE ODIN LINK! IT LEADS TO A MALWARE/RANSOMEWARE SITE AND THE SITE HIJACKS YOUR BROWSER!
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Reactions: wb2ibo

HallZen

Jul 4, 2008
Searching for N8000-CWM-6.0.4.4.tar Build #1 {For Odin}

HI - I can't find N8000-CWM-6.0.4.4.tar Build #1 {For Odin} - at the link provided.
I need to use it as per your guide my N8000 stuck in boot loop.
Only other apps and ads. Can you help? Tks Rich

Downloads :
1.IMAGES
N8000-CWM-6.0.4.4.img {For dd Method , Please rename to recovery.img }
N8013-CWM-6.0.4.4.img {For dd Method , Please rename to recovery.img }

2.TAR FILES
Change Log :
Build #1 Fully Working.​
Whats To Do In Future Build ?
Enable Touch .
Add OTG Support.​
FAQ:{Please Read Before Posting}
Q: OMG ! Recovey Not Booting What To Do ?
A:please Dont try entering recovery first time from advanced power menu just do it the hard way :D
Q:My Device is not getting read by windows ?
A:Uninstall all drivers that you installed for the device .
Please Hit The Thanks Button If You Like My Work
Follow Me On Twitter SamerDKingCobra
If You Have Any Kind Of Trouble Feel Free To PM Me As I Am Here Almost 19 Hours A Day.​

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Confused are you the developer/ OP or have you just pasted post one for no reason .

Suggest you try another recovery .

Mian123456789

Dec 19, 2017
Hi
Help me
I have a gt-n8000.i rooted it and installed lineage os 14.1 on it.everything was working fine but one day i turnned on the tablet and it stucks on showing encryption unsuccessful please reset your tablet.but when i try to reset it in recovery i am not able to wipe internal memory following error came
E error can't open dir '/data/media'
Updating partition details
Unable to stat '/data/media'
I tried flashing stock firmware but it fails on
Sboot.bin
Nand write start
Fail
I tried flashing pit file but it fails on
Set pit file
Fail
Repartition operation failed
Please tell me solution
I can go into download mod as well as twrp recovery

Questi0ner

Apr 24, 2021
Hello! First I'd like to thank you guys for sharing this helpful info.
I have used TWRP and Flashify and the file you provided to install the Rom on my device. When I go the About phone in the updater it lets me know that the device runs on a modified system which means I have successfully completed the process. However, the entire reason why I modified my system was to be able to install new apps but my tablet is still on Android 4.1. meaning that I still can't install new apps. So would someone kindly let me know from this point on, how can I update the Android version on the tablet? My tablet is Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 running on Jelly Bean, rooted and I'm an average one when it comes to knowing how to deal with Android systems so please explain it to me in a way that any average person would be able to follow the steps.

And if anyone can, please help with this matter.

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
From sammobile or any update site download latest firmware for your model .
Download and run ODIN connect usb cable phone to PC flash firmware .
Instuction all over the forum .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    clockworkmod.jpg

Disclaimer:

By flashing this recovery you take full responsibility to whatever happens on your device. The developer will NOT be held responsible to whatever happens on your device. Ofcourse, the recovery has been tested but whatever happens on your device will not be held against the developer.

What Is CWM Recovery ?
    CWM recovery is a way that enables you to falsh a custom rom , customize your rom and can save you from bad situations. To Be fully in controll of your android device you need a recovery and this is one of them.
    How To Install CWM Recovery ?
    There are 2 methods for installing CWM
    1.Method (dd method)
    You need root before you continue.
    now copy recovery.img from second post to your sd card and :
    1.On PC :

Make shure that device is on usb debugging mode.
    Plug device and open Terminal/command prompt.
    Copy Pasta the Following Commands :
    PHP:
    adb shell
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6
    make shure that partion is mmcblk0p6 or you will brick device !
    now you can reboot to recovery (volume up + home +power) and enjoy CWM 6.0.4.4

2.On Phone :

First Download Terminal Emulator From Play Store.
    Plug device and open Terminal apk
    Right the Following Commands :
    PHP:
    su (you need root acess for it )
    Then
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6
    make shure that partion is mmcblk0p6 or you will brick device !(guys with fat fingers stay away !)
    now you can reboot to recovery (volume up + home +power) and enjoy CWM 6.0.3.3

Second Method Is Via ODIN.
    First Download ODIN
    Now Download the N8000/N8013-CWM-6.0.4.4.tar From Second Post and put it in same directory as odin.
    Go To Download Mod (Volume Down +Home+Power) and plug device.
    Now in Odin You Will see {added} and a light blue figure on top that means that device has been recognized if you dont get them uninstall devices drivers and retry.
    Now click PDA and select N8000/N8013-CWM-6.0.4.4.tar And Then Click Start .
    After Device reboots Your Done and CWM Is Flashed.​
    Thanks To :
    CM Team For CWM recovery .
    @Dees_Troy @bigbiff @anders3408 @cybojenix @invisiblek {These Guys Are The Best And I Thank Them for helping me every step in the way and not thinking that i am a nut job :D}​

If You Have Any Kind Of Trouble Feel Free To PM Me As I Am Here Almost 19 Hours A Day.​
    Downloads And Q&A

Downloads :
    1.IMAGES
    N8000-CWM-6.0.4.4.img {For dd Method , Please rename to recovery.img }
    N8013-CWM-6.0.4.4.img {For dd Method , Please rename to recovery.img }

2.TAR FILES
    Change Log :
    Build #1 Fully Working.​
    Whats To Do In Future Build ?
    Enable Touch .
    Add OTG Support.​
    FAQ:{Please Read Before Posting}
    Q: OMG ! Recovey Not Booting What To Do ?
    A:please Dont try entering recovery first time from advanced power menu just do it the hard way :D
    Q:My Device is not getting read by windows ?
    A:Uninstall all drivers that you installed for the device .
    First, PC odin couldn't flash the device with this recovery (Odin 3.7, PC Win 8.1 x64, Odin works fine with it, checked many times).
    After flashing this recovery from terminal it cannot boot by some reasons, and i'm rebooted the device with terminal command "reboot recovery", and i get the bootloop with the orange styled frame of "CWM-based recovery 6.0.4.4", then i reflashed the old version with odin.
    P.S. My ROM is ARHD. Device: N8000.

+1.

The Odin tar file is not OK. Although I did not get a bootloop, the indicator on phone in download mode goes to the end and then stays there at "NAND write". I has to disconnect the phone and reboot manually, and my old version of CWM was still there (phew!). The .img files and dd worked fine.

Thanks anyways for this update !!!! It worked to get me on JB 4.4 !

Update: When phone is powered off and charger connected, upon starting there is a garbled green image that comes on for several seconds - most likely the battery charging icon - and then the phone will start up. It was not there before flashing 6.0.4.4. Anyways my phone does start up........ :p