[Recovery][N8000/N801x/N8020] TWRP 3.3.1-0

Search This thread

Don Carnage

To make this a little bit more visible for people not interested in my LOS thread but who still want to install the greatest recovery of them all, I'll post this in this separate thread for you.

What is TWRP?

TWRP is a custom recovery that enables you to backup and restore your device partitions, flash Custom ROMs, copy files from your internal storage, sideload stuff to your device and do many more amazing things. For more info visit their website.

A word of warning

The provided files are currently in beta and not fully tested!

My initial tests yielded positive results for a lot of the functions but I may have overlooked something and it may collapse on you. Don't blame me. Only use this if you have access to a computer with Odin to fix your recovery in case anything goes terribly wrong!

Please report any bugs in this thread and I'll try to fix them (or I'll relay them to the great people working on TWRP if I cannot do this).

Links

About TWRP
TWRP Changelog
Official TWRP Downloads

Downloads

The IMG file can be used to upgrade TWRP from an already installed older version, the TAR.MD5 file is for new installations and can be flashed via Odin. Please use the current TWRP from Lirokoa and use the Install Image button to update the recovery to this version. I need to figure out why the build is screwing up the TAR files.

I hope you enjoy this and that everything works as smoothly as it does for me.

For the device config, have a look at my Github repositories for the corresponding devices.

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP for N8000/N801x/N8020, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
Don Carnage
Source Code: https://github.com/Viciouss?tab=repositories

Version Information

Created 2019-01-30
Last Updated 2020-01-11

Last edited:

Don Carnage

Last edited:

Don Carnage

I'd really appreciate your feedback, positive as well as negative, so that I can get a feeling for whether someone is actually using it and whether this is working. There have to be at least some of you who installed it after 700+ downloads. I want to have a good feeling before handing it over to the people at TWRP so that it can be officially downloaded from their website.

I'd really appreciate your feedback, positive as well as negative, so that I can get a feeling for whether someone is actually using it and whether this is working. There have to be at least some of you who installed it after 700+ downloads. I want to have a good feeling before handing it over to the people at TWRP so that it can be officially downloaded from their website.

I did once gave a positive feedback pertaining to this latest version of twrp!! Its 150% fully working on my side, using a N8000!?

bingoSexy

Nov 20, 2008
I've tried both Odin 3.13.1 and 3.09 with both versions (N1 & N2) of the TAR.MD5 file for my N8000 but I never get any further than the MD5 check. All I receive when I tryy to load the file using the button AP in Odin is: "MD5 error! Binary is invalid"

I have used the Duth file mirrors and also the Canadian file server. All files ends up with the same result. Any ideas on how to proceed please? Thanks!!

Feb 12, 2015
I've tried both Odin 3.13.1 and 3.09 with both versions (N1 & N2) of the TAR.MD5 file for my N8000 but I never get any further than the MD5 check. All I receive when I tryy to load the file using the button AP in Odin is: "MD5 error! Binary is invalid"

I have used the Duth file mirrors and also the Canadian file server. All files ends up with the same result. Any ideas on how to proceed please? Thanks!!

Change the extension name from MD5 to tar (just remove the MD5) in the file name. It should work.

Comphoton

Feb 17, 2015
Flashable file

Hi!
Firstly I would like to thank Don Carnage for great work in keeping this old tablet alive and running! My n8020 is stock recovery/stock rom rooted. Thing is, my usb port is not working and thus can't use odin. So I would need twrp.img-file that I can flash via terminal emulator. Could you provide it?

---------- Post added 19th March 2019 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 18th March 2019 at 11:55 PM ----------

Hi!
Firstly I would like to thank Don Carnage for great work in keeping this old tablet alive and running! My n8020 is stock recovery/stock rom rooted. Thing is, my usb port is not working and thus can't use odin. So I would need twrp.img-file that I can flash via terminal emulator. Could you provide it?
Nevermind, I bit the bullet and flashed the .img file that was meant for updating. Worked fine! :)

Don Carnage

Not sure whether this will work with CWM, you should use Odin/Heimdall instead.

I will check the Odin files tomorrow, it's already quite late here and I need some sleep.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To make this a little bit more visible for people not interested in my LOS thread but who still want to install the greatest recovery of them all, I'll post this in this separate thread for you.

What is TWRP?

TWRP is a custom recovery that enables you to backup and restore your device partitions, flash Custom ROMs, copy files from your internal storage, sideload stuff to your device and do many more amazing things. For more info visit their website.

A word of warning

The provided files are currently in beta and not fully tested!

My initial tests yielded positive results for a lot of the functions but I may have overlooked something and it may collapse on you. Don't blame me. Only use this if you have access to a computer with Odin to fix your recovery in case anything goes terribly wrong!

Please report any bugs in this thread and I'll try to fix them (or I'll relay them to the great people working on TWRP if I cannot do this).

Links

About TWRP
    TWRP Changelog
    Official TWRP Downloads

Downloads

The IMG file can be used to upgrade TWRP from an already installed older version, the TAR.MD5 file is for new installations and can be flashed via Odin. Please use the current TWRP from Lirokoa and use the Install Image button to update the recovery to this version. I need to figure out why the build is screwing up the TAR files.

I hope you enjoy this and that everything works as smoothly as it does for me.

For the device config, have a look at my Github repositories for the corresponding devices.

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP for N8000/N801x/N8020, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    Don Carnage
    Source Code: https://github.com/Viciouss?tab=repositories

Version Information

Created 2019-01-30
    Last Updated 2020-01-11
    Reserved

Update Notes

Build 3.3.1-V1 (23.12.2019)

• update to TWRP 3.3.1-0
    • layout override to landscape_mdpi for original layout with bigger bars (this time for real!)
    • fixed ADB access

Build N2 (28.02.2019)

• Fixed wrong layout -> it's now easier to confirm actions

Build N1 (30.01.2019)

• Initial release

Old Builds

Major update before Christmas:

• update to TWRP 3.3.1-0
    • layout override to landscape_mdpi for original layout with bigger bars (this time for real!)
    • fixed ADB access

Testing was positive for me, please report back if there are any issues for you.
    I updated the version. Build N2 fixes the layout problem.