[Recovery][Obsolete]ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.1.5 (Updated 11-16-12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Now that the official Nexus 10 ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.1.6 images have been released the recovery images are obsolete, thanks to everyone has tested the images I released, and all the feedback :)! The official recovery images can be found here.

Here is Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0.1.5 (Non-Touch) and 6.0.1.5 (Touch) for the Nexus 10 :cool:! I extracted the stock recovery.img from the Nexus 10 Factory Image then ran it through clockworkmod builder.

Update: Hopefully fixed recovery.fstab mount points that were causing reboots when accessing "Mounts and Storage" options.

It can be downloaded from here:

Non-Touch Version

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1S0LCuXCnnmNFgyeHhGQ0Z0cEk

Touch Version

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1S0LCuXCnnmbnNpMW9Sc0RSU0E

This has not been tested yet on an actual device I need testers willing to test the recovery image and report back there findings!

It can be tested by flashing the recovery using fastboot to avoid bricking your device if it doesn't work use the fastboot boot command only flash it when it has been thoroughly tested!

Code:
fastboot boot recovery /path/to/<recovery>.img
fastboot reboot

Once again thanks to POORCOLLEGEGUY and all the rest of the XDA news writers for featuring this on the portal on November 15, 2012!

Last edited:

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
Once it has been tested working well are there any plans for the touch version to be released?

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Reactions: EniGmA1987

piit79

Nov 7, 2011
Prague
Got my Nexus 10 this morning.

Initially the touch version seemed to be working but when I clicked "Mounts and storage", it displayed the menu for a few seconds and then the tablet rebooted.

Now it won't boot :( Gets stuck on the Nexus logo. Guess it's not as safe as it seemed!

Reactions: majoortje

The-Kevster

Nov 2, 2007
London, UK

Initially the touch version seemed to be working but when I clicked "Mounts and storage", it displayed the menu for a few seconds and then the tablet rebooted.

Now it won't boot :( Gets stuck on the Nexus logo. Guess it's not as safe as it seemed!

Did you flash the recovery or just boot it with the fastboot boot recovery /path/to/<recovery>.img command?

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston

Like Kevster said did you just boot from it using fastboot or did you flash it using fastboot. Either way I appreciate the feedback, sounds like I have to try and fix the mount points.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Edit: Can you provide any error messages you get or try connecting your tablet to the computer and use ADB to get a locate output

Last edited:

piit79

Nov 7, 2011
Prague
Did you flash the recovery or just boot it with the fastboot boot recovery /path/to/<recovery>.img command?

I just booted recovery using the command above... Strange.
Anyway, all is well after re-flashing factory image.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Like Kevster said did you just boot from it using fastboot or did you flash it using fastboot. Either way I appreciate the feedback, sounds like I have to try and fix the mount points.

Further to my reply above - CWM did show 4-5 essages about "Cannot mount <path to what looked like a file>"
Sorry I didn't write it down... Stupid me:)
Also, after it wouldn't boot I was lazy to debug so I didn't try attaching to adb logcat. I just wanted to play with my new toy:)

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
I just booted recovery using the command above... Strange.
Anyway, all is well after re-flashing factory image.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Further to my reply above - CWM did show 4-5 essages about "Cannot mount <path to what looked like a file>"
Sorry I didn't write it down... Stupid me:)
Also, after it wouldn't boot I was lazy to debug so I didn't try attaching to adb logcat. I just wanted to play with my new toy:)

I understand we all want to play when we get new things ;). Again thank you for testing, like I said sounds like I need to fix the mount points.

piit79

Nov 7, 2011
Prague
I understand we all want to play when we get new things ;). Again thank you for testing, like I said sounds like I need to fix the mount points.

Not sure if it is of any use but this is what "mount" shows in console:

Code:
/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/system /system ext4 ro,relatime,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/cache /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nomblk_io_submit,errors=panic,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/userdata /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nomblk_io_submit,errors=panic,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/efs /factory ext4 ro,nosuid,nodev,noatime,data=ordered 0 0

And
ls -l /dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 boot -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 cache -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p7
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 efs -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 metadata -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p5
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 misc -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 param -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 recovery -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p4
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 system -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 userdata -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p9

Last edited:
Reactions: shimp208

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Not sure if it is of any use but this is what "mount" shows in console:

Code:
/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/system /system ext4 ro,relatime,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/cache /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nomblk_io_submit,errors=panic,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/userdata /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nomblk_io_submit,errors=panic,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/efs /factory ext4 ro,nosuid,nodev,noatime,data=ordered 0 0

And
ls -l /dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 boot -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 cache -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p7
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 efs -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 metadata -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p5
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 misc -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 param -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 recovery -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p4
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 system -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2012-11-15 09:37 userdata -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p9

Thank you very much for providing this information :highfive:! I was able to use this information to rebuild the recovery images (Touch and Non-Touch Versions) and fix the recovery.fstab mount points, they ones that were orginally generated in the first ones I ran through clockwork builder were wrong which was what caused your tablet to reboot when selecting the mounts and storage option.

Reactions: snunez
Just received this good news...

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:Friday, 11/16/2012, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:Monday, 11/19/2012, By End of Day

This has never happened with anything ive ever ordered before lol
i mean seriously and i didn't have to pay more to get it early? Pure awesomeness :)

I will be trying this out as soon as i get my nexus in tomorrow. Will let you know if i run into any issues.

mbirth

Nov 22, 2006
Berlin
In the non-touch-version (which I prefer), I was unable to access the "Apply zip from sdcard" menu. After selecting "Advanced Options", the N10 rebooted.

The touch version showed "Unable to mount /sdcard" when trying to access "Apply zip from sdcard" and rebooted 10-20 seconds after that.

The-Kevster

Nov 2, 2007
London, UK
No luck here either.

I'm running

adb boot D:\recovery-clockwork-touch-unofficial-6.0.1.5-mantaray.img

(this doesn't break the device or cause any future issues BTW!)

It rebooted into recovery but reboots on its own 10-20 seconds later.

Also adds a "Nexus 10" device to device manager but non of the drivers I have work. I have the SDK drivers and samsung drivers for mobile phones.

I need to root this device already :D

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
I suspect that root is going to be needed to fix the problems as I'm guessing it's encountering permission problems when accessing and manipulating files and directories necessary for recovery to perform it's various functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that the official Nexus 10 ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.1.6 images have been released the recovery images are obsolete, thanks to everyone has tested the images I released, and all the feedback :)! The official recovery images can be found here.

Here is Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0.1.5 (Non-Touch) and 6.0.1.5 (Touch) for the Nexus 10 :cool:! I extracted the stock recovery.img from the Nexus 10 Factory Image then ran it through clockworkmod builder.

Update: Hopefully fixed recovery.fstab mount points that were causing reboots when accessing "Mounts and Storage" options.

It can be downloaded from here:

Non-Touch Version

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1S0LCuXCnnmNFgyeHhGQ0Z0cEk

Touch Version

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1S0LCuXCnnmbnNpMW9Sc0RSU0E

This has not been tested yet on an actual device I need testers willing to test the recovery image and report back there findings!

It can be tested by flashing the recovery using fastboot to avoid bricking your device if it doesn't work use the fastboot boot command only flash it when it has been thoroughly tested!

Code:
    fastboot boot recovery /path/to/<recovery>.img
    fastboot reboot

Once again thanks to POORCOLLEGEGUY and all the rest of the XDA news writers for featuring this on the portal on November 15, 2012!
    Fix for reboots

I posted a fix for random reboots on the other thread, let me know if you guys have any questions :victory:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=34256732
    Damn! Already! I can not wait to get my nexus 10.
    I've been looking forward to this. Thanks
    Obsolete Thread.

Thread closed.

Mark.