recovery of a crypto wallet after factory reset

Search This thread

jprice123

Jun 22, 2022
Hi Guys,

New here at the last odd chance of finding out if it is possible to recover my lost data on my android after it has been factory reset...

I had some crypto stored on an multi crypto wallet app, and the phone was factory reset, i remember the password for the actual app to get into it, just dont have the data unfortunatly...

The phone was not reused since the factory reset..

Now my question is, if its possible to regain that app data somehow via a recovery and get access back into it.. Im more then happy to donate a helpers fee shall a method work in order for me to get it back..

Thanks for your feedback..

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator & RC-RT Committees
Staff member
Hi Guys,

New here at the last odd chance of finding out if it is possible to recover my lost data on my android after it has been factory reset...

I had some crypto stored on an multi crypto wallet app, and the phone was factory reset, i remember the password for the actual app to get into it, just dont have the data unfortunatly...

The phone was not reused since the factory reset..

Now my question is, if its possible to regain that app data somehow via a recovery and get access back into it.. Im more then happy to donate a helpers fee shall a method work in order for me to get it back..

Thanks for your feedback..
Hello and good morning, @jprice123
Welcome to XDA. I hope you'll always find and get the support you require.

However, prior to your next posting please read the guidances that are stuck on top of every forum like
and the others. I've moved the thread to Android Q&A.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

jprice123

Jun 22, 2022
I don't believe it has, would it be possible to recover the actual wallet data, and just overwrite on a new app install with the recovered wallet..

as i do know the password for the wallet.. so the wallet can be decrypted its just a matter of recovering the actual file and accessing it via the app again..

thanks

aIecxs

Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
only if userdata partition was not encrypted + device was not booted after factory reset = you need some kind of raw access

jprice123

Jun 22, 2022
does android encrypt by default ? as i did not add no further encryption and the device has not been booted at all, so been thinking if you gain raw access to the actual wallet file, you might be able to copy it over and use it on a new app install..

thanks

aIecxs

Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
There once was a tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2015) 9.7 LTE (SM-T555/gt510lte) that was still unencrypted despites official updated with Android 7.0 Nougat