• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][3.3.1-x][OREO/PIE]Samsung Galaxy Note8 Snapdragon [greatqlte]

Search This thread

Peter KIKI

Nov 11, 2014
https%3A%2F%2Fwww1-lw.xda-cdn.com%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F12%2Fteamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Official TWRP 3.3.1-* For Samsung Galaxy Note8 Snapdragon (greatqlte)

Only for Snapdragon - This is not compatible with Exynos variants
Current Support:
Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*)/(SCV*)

Disclaimer :
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Features:
-Build from lastest source code of samsung
-Use Customize FusionLeo Kernel link
-Optimize Daily Usage
-Lowest brightness by default
-Stop vibration

Downloads:
click me

Installation Step:

From stock rom
  1. Download Odin v3.13.1 (Recommend 3B path version)
  2. Download and install Samsung Drivers (if you have them installed you can skip this step)
  3. Go to settings/Developer options and enable OEM unlock (If you don't see developer settings, go into Settings/About phone/Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer options menu)
  4. Download TWRP_*.tar
  5. Switch off the phone
  6. Use Bixby Key+Volume Down+Power to enter Download Mode and connect the device to usb
  7. Open Odin and untick autoreboot in "options" tab. Also make sure that your device is detected
  8. Put TWRP_*.tar.md5 file into AP tab
  9. Click Start
  10. When Odin shows "PASS", take your device in hands, disconnect the usb cable and press simultaneously the "Bixby key" + "Vol. Down" + "Power" buttons until the downoad mode disappears
  11. At the precise moment the screen becomes black, immediately release the "Vol.Down" button and press the "Bixby key" + "Vol. UP" + "Power" buttons during 10 to 15sec to forcefully enter TWRP
  12. If it didn`t worked, redo the steps from #1 more careful this time.

TWRP
  • Download TWRP_*.img, push it into phone storage, choose install image in your current recovery, navigate to downloaded *.img file, select it, select to flash as recovery.

!!!After the EVERY first time installation of TWRP, please Format /data Patition!!!

If you facing any problem or error please Dropdwon in here
OR
Join the Telegram Channal to report Problem

Administrator :PLMH

Telegram group : Click Here to Join

Sources:
Device tree - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_samsung_greatqlte
Kernel - https://github.com/LeeMenHin/dreamqlte
Recovery - https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

Credits:
TeamWin
@jesec
@TwrpBuilder

Last edited:

greenleaves

Dec 15, 2010
Philadelphia
Failed on SM-N9500 TGY Hong Kong latest stock ROM

Failed on the latest stock ROM SM-N9500 TGY Hong Kong N9500ZHS5DSI1.

TWRP installed via odin v3.13 with success but it failed to boot up. The boot screen showed "custom" and a symbolic lock on it. It kept rebooting.

Appreciate your help.

Ksingle007

Mar 17, 2015
Failed on the latest stock ROM SM-N9500 TGY Hong Kong N9500ZHS5DSI1.

TWRP installed via odin v3.13 with success but it failed to boot up. The boot screen showed "custom" and a symbolic lock on it. It kept rebooting.

Appreciate your help.

Try to change the Bootloader to the Chinese version one, i.e., flash Stock ROM (TGY) but use Chinese N9500 BL, it should work that way.

greenleaves

Dec 15, 2010
Philadelphia
Try to change the Bootloader to the Chinese version one, i.e., flash Stock ROM (TGY) but use Chinese N9500 BL, it should work that way.
That didn't work either.

The CHC loader N9500ZCS5DSJ3_N9500CHC5DSJ3_CHC was flashed together the rest of TGY as suggested. It kept rebooting and failed to boot up. The download screen showed "Qualcom Secureboot: ENABLE". The others were all OFF. Any idea?

Appreciate very much your help ...

Ksingle007

Mar 17, 2015
That didn't work either.

The CHC loader N9500ZCS5DSJ3_N9500CHC5DSJ3_CHC was flashed together the rest of TGY as suggested. It kept rebooting and failed to boot up. The download screen showed "Qualcom Secureboot: ENABLE". The others were all OFF. Any idea?

Try to use BL from earlier versions and see how it goes...

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Hello, does anyone know whether Stock SJ3 can be rooted or the BL is locked?

greenleaves

Dec 15, 2010
Philadelphia
Try to use BL from earlier versions and see how it goes...

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Hello, does anyone know whether Stock SJ3 can be rooted or the BL is locked?
Will definitely give it a try. BTW, the OEM unlock went missing. Any way to get it back? What particularly version of BL you would suggest?

Many thanks again ...

Thragna

Jul 9, 2017
That didn't work either.

I got the same problem.
boot loop after flashing twrp.

Note:
SM-N9500 TGY N9500ZHU5DSG2
BL:CHC N9500ZCU5DSG2
twrp1:twrp-3.3.1-0-greatqlte.img.tar(also had tried 3.4.0-0)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fwww1-lw.xda-cdn.com%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F12%2Fteamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Official TWRP 3.3.1-* For Samsung Galaxy Note8 Snapdragon (greatqlte)

Only for Snapdragon - This is not compatible with Exynos variants
    Current Support:
    Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*)/(SCV*)

Disclaimer :
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Features:
    -Build from lastest source code of samsung
    -Use Customize FusionLeo Kernel link
    -Optimize Daily Usage
    -Lowest brightness by default
    -Stop vibration

Downloads:
    click me

Installation Step:

From stock rom
    1. Download Odin v3.13.1 (Recommend 3B path version)
    2. Download and install Samsung Drivers (if you have them installed you can skip this step)
    3. Go to settings/Developer options and enable OEM unlock (If you don't see developer settings, go into Settings/About phone/Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer options menu)
    4. Download TWRP_*.tar
    5. Switch off the phone
    6. Use Bixby Key+Volume Down+Power to enter Download Mode and connect the device to usb
    7. Open Odin and untick autoreboot in "options" tab. Also make sure that your device is detected
    8. Put TWRP_*.tar.md5 file into AP tab
    9. Click Start
    10. When Odin shows "PASS", take your device in hands, disconnect the usb cable and press simultaneously the "Bixby key" + "Vol. Down" + "Power" buttons until the downoad mode disappears
    11. At the precise moment the screen becomes black, immediately release the "Vol.Down" button and press the "Bixby key" + "Vol. UP" + "Power" buttons during 10 to 15sec to forcefully enter TWRP
    12. If it didn`t worked, redo the steps from #1 more careful this time.

TWRP
    • Download TWRP_*.img, push it into phone storage, choose install image in your current recovery, navigate to downloaded *.img file, select it, select to flash as recovery.

!!!After the EVERY first time installation of TWRP, please Format /data Patition!!!

If you facing any problem or error please Dropdwon in here
    OR
    Join the Telegram Channal to report Problem

Administrator :PLMH

Telegram group : Click Here to Join

Sources:
    Device tree - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_samsung_greatqlte
    Kernel - https://github.com/LeeMenHin/dreamqlte
    Recovery - https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

Credits:
    TeamWin
    @jesec
    @TwrpBuilder
    Hi there my friend! Can i use this ia a n950u1 with snapdragon 835?

NO!

Only for SM-N9500 and the models listed in OP!

The SM-N950U1/U/W have LOCKED BOOTLOADERS!