[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][3.6.1-x] TWRP for Galaxy A5/A7 (2017)

Search This thread

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
Ae08b8N.png

Official TWRP 3.6.1-* For Galaxy A5/A7 (2017)
Only for exynos variants - A520F (Europe, Global Single-SIM); A520F/DS (Global Dual-SIM); A520K/L/S (South Korea); A520W (Canada), A720F (Global Single-SIM); A720F/DS (Global Dual-SIM); A720S (South Korea)
Disclaimer
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Features:
Code:
- built from Pie kernel source
- built from android-9.0 recovery sources
- built in full 64 mode
- fully compatible with Android 8.*/9.0/10.0

Downloads:

Instructions:
Odin
  1. Download latest Odin zip from downloads.corsicanu.ro/samsung
  2. Download and install Samsung Drivers (if you have them installed you can skip this step)
  3. Go to settings/Developer options and enable OEM unlock (If you don't see developer settings, go into Settings/About phone/Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer options menu)
  4. Download TWRP_*.tar
  5. Switch off the phone
  6. Use Home+Volume Down+Power to enter Download Mode and connect the device to usb
  7. Open Odin and untick autoreboot in "options" tab. Also make sure that your device is detected
  8. Put TWRP_*.tar.md5 file into AP tab
  9. Click Start
  10. When Odin shows "PASS", take your device in hands, disconnect the usb cable and press simultaneously the "Home" + "Vol. Down" + "Power" buttons until the downoad mode disappears
  11. At the precise moment the screen becomes black, immediately release the "Vol.Down" button and press the "Home" + "Vol. UP" + "Power" buttons during 10 to 15sec to forcefully enter TWRP
  12. If it didn`t worked, redo the steps from #1 more careful this time.
TWRP
  • Download TWRP_*.img, push it into phone storage, choose install image in your current recovery, navigate to downloaded *.img file, select it, select to flash as recovery.
After booting in TWRP download and flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.1 zip to disable data partition encryption
If for any reason you fail to install TWRP multiple times/different methods, make sure you check this thread

Sources:
Credits:
  • TeamWin, jesec, geiti94, dyneteve, testers, donors and anyone else involved in making this possible

Last edited:

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
Misc links:

FAQ / Further reading
Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
A: Make sure you formatted data partition.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes
A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, make sure you formatted data partition.

Q: How to format data partition?
A:
ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is showing only Samsung logo
A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, consider installing an older TWRP build or a more recent firmware.

Q: I get "Failed to mount /preload message", what to do?
A: From wipe menu select Advanced Wipe, select preload partition to be wiped and reboot recovery.

Q: Why do i need to format data partition?
A: Because old rom encrypted your data partition and new rom can't decrypt and use that content / root needs access to data partition to place misc files / phone not booting after flashing root until data partition gets formatted.

Last edited:

e.ahangari

Aug 23, 2015
bootloop

Immediately after installing my phone went on bootloop and restart continuously.
Please help me:(:(:(:(:crying::crying:

hexap

May 24, 2012
A520F, zip downloaded and flashed in TWRP, It's perfect, no problem (bootloop) at this time!

Thank you corsicanu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-13-21-41-08.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-13-21-41-08.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 3,460
  • Screenshot_2018-07-13-21-45-28.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-13-21-45-28.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 3,453
Last edited:

corsicanu

Recognized Developer

e.ahangari

Aug 23, 2015
Thanks

Ok, turned out that A7 twrp was broken, fixed that and also tested properly, meanwhile switched from TwrpBuilder repo to my own repo and moved mega downloads to github releases.
New builds will be up soon, beside mentioned, there are no changes.
Enjoy it!

Downloads:

Thanks a lot.
Its now fixed and work properly.:highfive::highfive::highfive::eek:

Reactions: GSAN80

exnokiafan

Aug 29, 2014
Ok, turned out that A7 twrp was broken, fixed that and also tested properly, meanwhile switched from TwrpBuilder repo to my own repo and moved mega downloads to github releases.
New builds will be up soon, beside mentioned, there are no changes.
Enjoy it!

Downloads:

I'm about to receive a new A5 2017 and update it to official OREO right out of the box.

After having updated, there's the TWRP step and I just wanted to know of I have to also flash the usual encription thing (opt verity or something like that) I have almost always flashed after a fresh twrp install.

Reactions: GSAN80

caiquess95

Dec 30, 2016
Salvador
Works fine for me so far... I will test with the official fw to know if the /data is decrypted. We appreciate the work corsicanu. :good:
@edit

For me, everything works fine! including support for all languages.

Last edited:

devran9

Mar 9, 2018
A7y17lte

http%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg%3Dw300

Unofficial TWRP 3.2.2-0 For A5 / A7 2017
Disclaimer
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Special features:
Code:
- built from Oreo kernel source
- built in full 64 mode
- updated TWRP source
- fully compatible with all Oreo roms

Downloads:
Instructions:
Odin
  1. Download Odin v3.13.1
  2. Download and install Samsung Drivers (if you have them installed you can skip this step)
  3. Download TWRP_*.tar
  4. Switch off the phone
  5. Use Home+Volume Down+Power to enter Download Mode and connect the device to usb
  6. Open Odin and untick autoreboot in "options" tab. Also make sure that your device is detected
  7. Put TWRP_*.tar.md5 file into AP tab
  8. Click Start
  9. When Odin shows "PASS", take your device in hands, disconnect the usb cable and press simultaneously the "Home" + "Vol. Down" + "Power" buttons until the downoad mode disappears
  10. At the precise moment the screen becomes black, immediately release the "Vol.Down" button and press the "Home" + "Vol. UP" + "Power" buttons during 10 to 15sec to forcefully enter TWRP
  11. If it didn`t worked, redo the steps from #1 more careful this time.
TWRP
  • Download TWRP_*.zip, push it into phone storage and flash it as normal zip in your current recovery.
  • Download TWRP_*.img, push it into phone storage, choose install image in your current recovery, navigate to downloaded *.img file, select it, select to flash as recovery.
If for any reason you fail to install TWRP multiple times/different methods, make sure you check this thread

Sources:
Credits:

is anyone installed root succesfully?

DasNuddel

Nov 12, 2016
Troisdorf (near Cologne)
Hey,
I have a problem and I don't know how to fix it, cuz I never had that.
I've installed TWRP successfully and I can start it normally, but TWRP don't have access to any Files in Internal Storage.

I installed TWRP on A520F (with Firmware DBT, Android 8.0)

Kind regards,
DasNuddel // Charles

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ae08b8N.png

Official TWRP 3.6.1-* For Galaxy A5/A7 (2017)
    Only for exynos variants - A520F (Europe, Global Single-SIM); A520F/DS (Global Dual-SIM); A520K/L/S (South Korea); A520W (Canada), A720F (Global Single-SIM); A720F/DS (Global Dual-SIM); A720S (South Korea)
    Disclaimer

Features:
    Code:
    - built from Pie kernel source
    - built from android-9.0 recovery sources
    - built in full 64 mode
    - fully compatible with Android 8.*/9.0/10.0

Downloads:

Instructions:
    Odin
    1. Download latest Odin zip from downloads.corsicanu.ro/samsung
    3. Go to settings/Developer options and enable OEM unlock (If you don't see developer settings, go into Settings/About phone/Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer options menu)
    4. Download TWRP_*.tar
    5. Switch off the phone
    6. Use Home+Volume Down+Power to enter Download Mode and connect the device to usb
    7. Open Odin and untick autoreboot in "options" tab. Also make sure that your device is detected
    9. Click Start
    10. When Odin shows "PASS", take your device in hands, disconnect the usb cable and press simultaneously the "Home" + "Vol. Down" + "Power" buttons until the downoad mode disappears
    11. At the precise moment the screen becomes black, immediately release the "Vol.Down" button and press the "Home" + "Vol. UP" + "Power" buttons during 10 to 15sec to forcefully enter TWRP
    TWRP
    After booting in TWRP download and flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.1 zip to disable data partition encryption

Sources:
    Credits:
    • TeamWin, jesec, geiti94, dyneteve, testers, donors and anyone else involved in making this possible
    New TWRP out:
    Changes:
    • switched to TwrpBuilder official builds
    • included crypto for LineageOS software encrypted data, thanks to @Option58
    • made preload partition wipeable in recovery
    • included cpefs and m9kefs partitions in backup for safety reasons
    Downloads:
    Instructions:
    Odin
    1. Download Odin v3.13.1
    4. Download TWRP_*.tar
    5. Switch off the phone
    9. Click Start
    TWRP
    Optional - Download and flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 zip to disable data partition encryption

All the best!
    Misc links:

FAQ / Further reading
    Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
    A: Make sure you formatted data partition.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, make sure you formatted data partition.

Q: How to format data partition?
    A:
    ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is showing only Samsung logo
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, consider installing an older TWRP build or a more recent firmware.

Q: I get "Failed to mount /preload message", what to do?
    A: From wipe menu select Advanced Wipe, select preload partition to be wiped and reboot recovery.

Q: Why do i need to format data partition?
    A: Because old rom encrypted your data partition and new rom can't decrypt and use that content / root needs access to data partition to place misc files / phone not booting after flashing root until data partition gets formatted.
    TWRP 3.3.0-* is out - all links are in first post.
    More details about the release here.
    Regards.
    New official builds out!
    Regards.