[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][3.6.1-x] TWRP for Galaxy Note 10/+/5G Exynos

Search This thread

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
Ae08b8N.png

Official TWRP 3.6.1-* For Galaxy Note 10/+/5G
Only for exynos variants - N970F / N975F / N976B (Europe - Global, Single/Dual-SIM), N971N, N976N (South Korea)
Disclaimer
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Kernel Features:
  • latest kernel source release
  • disabled uh/defex/proca/knox/rkp/rooting protection/logging/audit/useless features
  • spoofed config for firmware checks
Recovery Features:
  • built in full 64 mode
  • toybox/busybox support
  • compatible with Android 10.0 and above
Downloads:
Instructions:
Odin (Windows)

Prerequisites: Samsung USB drivers, Odin v3.14.1
If you already have the bootloader unlocked you can skip to step 6.

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
  2. Turn off the phone;
  3. Use vol up + vol down + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
  4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
    * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
  5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
  6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
  7. Turn off the phone;
  8. Use vol up + vol down + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
    * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
  9. Download appropriate TWRP .tar file according to your device
  10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .tar
  11. Open Odin v3.14.1 and place the downloaded TWRP .tar file in AP tab, downloaded vbmeta .tar file in CP tab and click Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
!! Only if coming from full stock firmware
  • In TWRP home screen press wipe - format data - yes
  • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.

Heimdall (Linux)
Install heimdall & additional required packages:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash android-tools-fastboot android-tools-adb libusb-0.1-4 libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev

2. Turn off the phone;
  3. Use vol up + vol down + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
  4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
    * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
  5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
  7. Turn off the phone;
  8. Use vol up + vol down + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
    * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
  9. Download appropriate TWRP .img file according to your device
  10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .img
  11. Open your preferred terminal in linux and type (replace red lines with the path of downloaded img files):
    Code:
    sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY /path/to/recovery.img --VBMETA /path/to/vbmeta.img
    and press enter - once you press enter grab the phone and press vol up + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
  • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.

TWRP

• Download .img file for your device and install from your current TWRP with Install image - browse to image location and select - Recovery

dd (Requires root)

• Download .img file for your device, place it in the root of your /sdcard folder, rename it to twrp.img then run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name/recovery
!! Only if coming from full stock (magisk patched) firmware

Sources:
Credits:
  • TeamWin, geiti94, jesec, dyneteve, ianmacd, testers, donors and anyone else involved in making this possible
As always, if you like what i do, you can always send me some pizza/coffee/drugs/drinks or anything else via paypal.me/corsicanu

Last edited:

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
Compatibility and changelog:

07.03.2022 - TWRP 3.6.1
  • Security patch: 2022-02-01
  • Compatibility: only GVA*/GVB* firmwares, OneUI 4.0

09.01.2022 - android 12 support
  • Security patch: 2022-01-01
  • Compatibility: only GUL* firmwares, OneUI 4.0
08.01.2021 - android 11 support
  • Security patch: 2020-12-01
  • Compatibility: only ETL* firmwares, OneUI 3.0
27.12.2020 - TWRP 3.5.0 bringup - december release
  • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
09.12.2020 - december release
05.12.2020 - Initial release
  • Security patch: 2020-11-01
  • Compatibility: DTJ* firmwares
Misc links:
Further reading:

Last edited:

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
FAQ
Q: Can i use this recovery with other firmware then mentioned in compatibility?
A: Only with same Android version and only if you don't plan to boot rooted with TWRP (some kernels deliver root prebuilt in kernel), or Rollback protection will kick in and you won't be able to pass the lockscreen.

Q: Where do i get vbmeta.img?
A: From here, download the one you need according to install instructions.

Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
A: Make sure you formatted data partition.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes
A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, make sure you flashed multidisabler zip / formatted data partition.

Q: How to format data partition?
A:
ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is showing only Samsung logo
A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, consider installing an older TWRP build or a more recent firmware. If you still don't succeed, post here some details about your device and previous firmware and we might be able to help.

Q: Why do i need to format data partition?
A: Because old firmware encrypted your data partition and new rom can't decrypt and use that content / root needs access to data partition to place misc files / phone not booting after flashing root until data partition gets formatted.

Guys im new to this gn10+ rom, i havent used a custom rom for a while (while warranty was available in my country lol)

got a few questions,

1.- If i use this rom, will i be loosing access to bank apps?
2.- how good is the performance from stock to custom rom?

thanks in advance, and sorry for the newbie questions, i havent flashed any rom in the last couple of years (i used to flash sony's roms in my xperias :p)

Reactions: wajahatnajam

simonk206

Guys im new to this gn10+ rom, i havent used a custom rom for a while (while warranty was available in my country lol)

got a few questions,

1.- If i use this rom, will i be loosing access to bank apps?
2.- how good is the performance from stock to custom rom?

thanks in advance, and sorry for the newbie questions, i havent flashed any rom in the last couple of years (i used to flash sony's roms in my xperias :p)
This isn't a ROM, this is a custom recovery / TWRP

And yes, It is possible that you lose access to banking apps with root

sabag123

Feb 8, 2011
Android 11 TWRP is up already for a while, in case you didn't notice it yet grab it from twrp.me.
Don't forget to use targeted TWRP for your android version and release, read more about compatibility in second post of this thread.
Regards!
Hi , Can I flash this after having patched magisk firmware installed without losing data ?

siriow

Apr 3, 2012
Turin
Hi everyone, after flashing the twrp twrp-3.5.0_9-2-d2s.img.tar, I entered Twrp and it works very well, I rebooted and then tried in various ways to re-enter Twrp, both from off with vol Up key + power key and both restarting by holding down the vol Up keys + power key but I can't get back into Twrp. Only by going first into download mode and then from there by pressing vol down + power button immediately changing to vol Up can I enter Twrp, what should I do to go directly to Twrp? Thank you all.

D-Mak

Hi everyone, after flashing the twrp twrp-3.5.0_9-2-d2s.img.tar, I entered Twrp and it works very well, I rebooted and then tried in various ways to re-enter Twrp, both from off with vol Up key + power key and both restarting by holding down the vol Up keys + power key but I can't get back into Twrp. Only by going first into download mode and then from there by pressing vol down + power button immediately changing to vol Up can I enter Twrp, what should I do to go directly to Twrp? Thank you all.
Is your device on Android 11? Samsung has changed access to recovery on this device. To enter TWRP use this app:

I also think I haven't read where, that having a type c headset connected, and you want to get into recovery with those combinations should work (I haven't tried it, I use that app).

TheFerhatKing

Jul 22, 2012
@corsicanu I wanted to restore my DTB and DTBO files so I installed https://github.com/corsicanu/9825-bootloaders_and_modems/releases FUBD-twrp-flashable.zip and since then I got bootloop. Im using DrKetan ROM, I tried reinstalling it dirty with AP BL CP and formated /system before. But it bootloops on bootsplash... What I did ROM? Is clean flashing the only way to recover?

Edit:
Nevermind I got it booting again with another kernel. I hope I don't messed up something in the system.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ae08b8N.png

Official TWRP 3.6.1-* For Galaxy Note 10/+/5G
    Only for exynos variants - N970F / N975F / N976B (Europe - Global, Single/Dual-SIM), N971N, N976N (South Korea)
    Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Kernel Features:
    • latest kernel source release
    • disabled uh/defex/proca/knox/rkp/rooting protection/logging/audit/useless features
    • spoofed config for firmware checks
    Recovery Features:
    • built in full 64 mode
    • toybox/busybox support
    • compatible with Android 10.0 and above
    Downloads:
    Instructions:
    Odin (Windows)

Prerequisites: Samsung USB drivers, Odin v3.14.1

2. Turn off the phone;
    7. Turn off the phone;
    9. Download appropriate TWRP .tar file according to your device
    10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .tar
    11. Open Odin v3.14.1 and place the downloaded TWRP .tar file in AP tab, downloaded vbmeta .tar file in CP tab and click Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing

Heimdall (Linux)
    Install heimdall & additional required packages:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash android-tools-fastboot android-tools-adb libusb-0.1-4 libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev

2. Turn off the phone;
    7. Turn off the phone;
    9. Download appropriate TWRP .img file according to your device
    10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .img
    11. Open your preferred terminal in linux and type (replace red lines with the path of downloaded img files):
      Code:
      sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY /path/to/recovery.img --VBMETA /path/to/vbmeta.img
      and press enter - once you press enter grab the phone and press vol up + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing

TWRP

• Download .img file for your device and install from your current TWRP with Install image - browse to image location and select - Recovery

dd (Requires root)

• Download .img file for your device, place it in the root of your /sdcard folder, rename it to twrp.img then run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:
      Code:
      su
      dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name/recovery
    !! Only if coming from full stock (magisk patched) firmware

Sources:
    Credits:
    • TeamWin, geiti94, jesec, dyneteve, ianmacd, testers, donors and anyone else involved in making this possible
    As always, if you like what i do, you can always send me some pizza/coffee/drugs/drinks or anything else via paypal.me/corsicanu
    Compatibility and changelog:

07.03.2022 - TWRP 3.6.1
    • Security patch: 2022-02-01
    • Compatibility: only GVA*/GVB* firmwares, OneUI 4.0

09.01.2022 - android 12 support
    • Security patch: 2022-01-01
    • Compatibility: only GUL* firmwares, OneUI 4.0
    08.01.2021 - android 11 support
    • Compatibility: only ETL* firmwares, OneUI 3.0
    27.12.2020 - TWRP 3.5.0 bringup - december release
    09.12.2020 - december release
    05.12.2020 - Initial release
    • Security patch: 2020-11-01
    • Compatibility: DTJ* firmwares
    Misc links:
    Further reading:
    FAQ
    Q: Can i use this recovery with other firmware then mentioned in compatibility?
    A: Only with same Android version and only if you don't plan to boot rooted with TWRP (some kernels deliver root prebuilt in kernel), or Rollback protection will kick in and you won't be able to pass the lockscreen.

Q: Where do i get vbmeta.img?
    A: From here, download the one you need according to install instructions.

Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
    A: Make sure you formatted data partition.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, make sure you flashed multidisabler zip / formatted data partition.

Q: How to format data partition?
    A:
    ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is showing only Samsung logo
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, consider installing an older TWRP build or a more recent firmware. If you still don't succeed, post here some details about your device and previous firmware and we might be able to help.

Q: Why do i need to format data partition?
    A: Because old firmware encrypted your data partition and new rom can't decrypt and use that content / root needs access to data partition to place misc files / phone not booting after flashing root until data partition gets formatted.
    official builds will be up in few hours
    Android 11 TWRP is up already for a while, in case you didn't notice it yet grab it from twrp.me.
    Don't forget to use targeted TWRP for your android version and release, read more about compatibility in second post of this thread.
    Regards!