[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][3.5.0-x] TWRP for Galaxy S10/e/+/5G Exynos

Search This thread

waterpolo

Aug 6, 2008
Naarden (NL)
My guess is you used to backup 'system' which is smaller in size than 'system.img' and your external card is formatted in fat32 which doesn't allow to store larger files than 4gb. If I'm right, formatting it to exFAT would fix your issue.

Cheers
Thanks for your suggestion to use exFAT instead of fat32.
I will backup first the data and then format to exFAT -> restore the data -> (re)install latest twrp 3.5 -> try again if the system image backup will be succeed.

UPDATE: exFAT solved my issue. Thanks @AndrzejDwo

UPDATE2: exFAT is much slower than FAT32 or do I have to set some parameters?

Last edited:
Reactions: AndrzejDwo

AndrzejDwo

May 26, 2018
Thanks for your suggestion to use exFAT instead of fat32.
I will backup first the data and then format to exFAT -> restore the data -> (re)install latest twrp 3.5 -> try again if the system image backup will be succeed.

UPDATE: exFAT solved my issue. Thanks @AndrzejDwo

UPDATE2: exFAT is much slower than FAT32 or do I have to set some parameters?
I never noticed exFAT to be slower than fat32, in fact, it should be faster... Maybe it's the matter backup size. Glad it worked tho.

Cheers

xdagee

• Sep 4, 2012
    Accra
    kowofa.me
    update alert
    twrp-3.5.0_9-3 released

changelog
    not yet known

if you are flashing newer twrp then i supposed you flash the latest.

[update 2/22/21]
    this breaks after flashing... at least on my s10e SM-G970F. It takes you directly to download mode with vbmeta signing errors.
    more on this error here here
    advise; don't flash now. stick to your previous version. wait for a fix, or a update.
    @corsicanu can you please check on this?

[update 2/24/21]
    screenshot
    24-02-2021.jpg

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
    Can TWRP3.5 handle encrypted data? I understand you have to wipe data first and install that multidisabler. But can data be encrypted again so that TWRP can read it?

Last edited:

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
    Want to create a backup. What partitions are recommended to backup?
    Do I need a backup of the bigger ones system/vendor/product image? (What is product image btw?)

gsmdb

Aug 5, 2008
    createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255 when trying to recovery data...

If anyone does get this error when updating from android 10 to 11, the issue is related to the created link (to a folder) in sdcard/android/data to root/data/data. The permission isn't allowable in android 11.
    I can reproduce the error in several times. Backup goes smoothly, but restoring ends always with error 255

gsmdb

Aug 5, 2008
    How to Cold Boot into Recovery Mode on Samsung’s One UI 3.0 (Android 11)

Note: This method for Exynos variant & old method for Snapdragon variant.

1. Hold the Power button of your device till the power menu pops up and select Power Off.

2. Wait for your device to turn off completely.

3. Plug-in a USB-C data cable connected to your PC or USB-C earphones in your device.

4. Now, check if your device has a Bixby Button (Such as Galaxy S10/Note10):

- Without Bixby Button: Press Volume Up + Power Button for a few seconds.

- With Bixby Button: Press Volume Up + Bixby Button + Power Button for a few seconds.

EDIT: until the boot screen/ first screen is up and release all the buttons (as for a few seconds above)

5. And you will boot into Recovery mode.

Last edited:

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
    3. Plug-in a USB-C data cable connected to your PC or USB-C earpho nes in your device.
    This is (more or less) known - but do you have at any time some USB-C cable with you? And something to connect to, I guess it is not enough just to plug in cable without any counterpart?
    A reboot can happen every once a while, although software is mostly stable.

gsmdb

Aug 5, 2008
    This is (more or less) known - but do you have at any time some USB-C cable with you? And something to connect to, I guess it is not enough just to plug in cable without any counterpart?
    A reboot can happen every once a while, although software is mostly stable.

I will consider unnecessary change in android 11 since the old combo works fine in android 10. Btw. OTG USB key works too

Reactions: starbright_

Philnicolls89

Jun 28, 2019
    A.C.T
    I will consider unnecessary change in android 11 since the old combo works fine in android 10. Btw. OTG USB key works too
    A very unnecessary and annoying change!! I have made sure that I have a custom kernel installed now so that I don't need to reboot to recovery partition anymore. Also I use a root power menu app to reboot to twrp when needed. FYI I also discovered that I could boot to twrp by connecting the phone to my car aswell

Reactions: starbright_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      You gotta flash the magiskpatched boot image in Twrp as
      Code:
      install img file
      reboot to recovery from crdroid flash it to boot when prompted
      All done and dusted!!

I'm really impressed with crDROID. It's smooth, fast, and very "light" in terms of size. The stock A11 took up 15% of the 128gb; whereas crDROID occupied 9%! Will Samsung EVER stop filling their devices with bloat? Nah.

In fact I'm REALLY impressed with the S10+ full stop., It's a great phone - even though it's 2 years old.

Anyhoo, thanks again for all you help.

Stay safe, wash your hands, and wear a mask. (y) 🍻😷
      Is it a11 firmware? New Twrp only works on android 11 fw
      Would you believe it??!! Today I decided that I'd try the Android 11 f\w - I'd been using Android 10 up to now. - to see if I could install TWRP...and Voila!! Worked first time!!. WITH the USB plugged into the pc - as you suggested!

I don't recall the OP saying twrp was android 11 only - but I'll go back and check.

Anyway, thank you so, so, much. You really helped me out. :)(y)🍻
      Just a couple more questions.

1. Do I root with Magisk BEFORE installing TWRP?, or
      2. Can\Do I flash Magisk AFTER installing TWRP?
      3. When I install a custom ROM (crDroid 7.4), do have to reinstall Magisk?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Just a couple more questions.

1. Do I root with Magisk BEFORE installing TWRP?, or
      2. Can\Do I flash Magisk AFTER installing TWRP?
      3. When I install a custom ROM (crDroid 7.4), do have to reinstall Magisk?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

If you're gonna flash crdroid just flash the magiskpatched boot image I've linked below to boot partition after flashing the rom. Glad it worked out 🙂

If you're gonna flash crdroid just flash the magiskpatched boot image I've linked below to boot partition after flashing the rom. Glad it worked out 🙂

You sir, are a STAR!!!
      Sorry, but it's me again.

I can't flash the img file.

I keep getting an "inaccessible or not found" error in adb.

I use the following syntax:

fastboot flash boot beyond2lte-boot-magisk.img

Mind you, none of the standard adb commands i.e devices, kill-server, etc are recognised. So something is definitely wrong somewhere. Any thoughts\suggestions?

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (Yes, not gone over to Windows 10 - but HAVE bought a Windows 10 Professional (I LOATHE the "Home Edition") license for a bargain £19.00!!!, and will (probably) download\install over the weekend
      There is no fastboot.
      You have to flash with Odin or TWRP
      Ae08b8N.png

Official TWRP 3.5.0-* For Galaxy S10/e/+/5G
      Only for exynos variants - G970F / G973F / G975F / G977B (Europe - Global, Single/Dual-SIM), G970N / G973N / G975N / G977N (South Korea)
      Disclaimer
      I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
      Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
      YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Kernel Features:
      • latest kernel source release
      • disabled uh/defex/proca/knox/rkp/rooting protection/logging/audit/useless features
      • spoofed config for firmware checks
      Recovery Features:
      • built in full 64 mode
      • toybox/busybox support
      • compatible with Android 10.0 and above
      Downloads:
      Instructions:
      Odin (Windows)

Prerequisites: Samsung USB drivers, Odin v3.14.1
      If you already have the bootloader unlocked you can skip to step 6.

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
      2. Turn off the phone;
      3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
      4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
        * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
      5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
      6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
      7. Turn off the phone;
      8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
        * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
      9. Download appropriate TWRP .tar file according to your device
      10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .tar
      11. Open Odin v3.14.1 and place the downloaded TWRP .tar file in AP tab, downloaded vbmeta .tar file in CP tab and click Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
      !! Only if coming from full stock firmware
      • In TWRP home screen press wipe - format data - yes
      • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.

Heimdall (Linux)
      Install heimdall & additional required packages:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get update
      sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash android-tools-fastboot android-tools-adb libusb-0.1-4 libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev
      If you already have the bootloader unlocked you can skip to step 6.

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
      2. Turn off the phone;
      3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
      4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
        * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
      5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
      6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
      7. Turn off the phone;
      8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
        * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
      9. Download appropriate TWRP .img file according to your device
      10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .img
      11. Open your preferred terminal in linux and type (replace red lines with the path of downloaded img files):
        Code:
        sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY /path/to/recovery.img --VBMETA /path/to/vbmeta.img
        and press enter - once you press enter grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
      !! Only if coming from full stock firmware
      • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-2.* zip to disable security and encryption.

TWRP

• Download .img file for your device and install from your current TWRP with Install image - browse to image location and select - Recovery

dd (Requires root)

• Download .img file for your device, place it in the root of your /sdcard folder, rename it to twrp.img then run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:
        Code:
        su
        dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name/recovery
      !! Only if coming from full stock (magisk patched) firmware
      • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-2.* zip to disable security and encryption.

Sources:
      Credits:
      • TeamWin, geiti94, jesec, dyneteve, ianmacd, testers, donors and anyone else involved in making this possible
      Android 11 TWRP is up already for a while, in case you didn't notice it yet grab it from twrp.me.
      Don't forget to use targeted TWRP for your android version and release, read more about compatibility in second post of this thread.
      Regards!
      Compatibility and changelog:
      08.01.2021 - android 11 support
      • Security patch: 2020-01-01
      • Compatibility: only ETL* firmwares, OneUI 3.0
      27.12.2020 - TWRP 3.5.0 bringup - december release
      • Security patch: 2020-12-01
      • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
      09.12.2020 - december release
      • Security patch: 2020-12-01
      • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
      18.11.2020 - november DTJ* kernel sourcecode
      • Security patch: 2020-11-01
      • Compatibility: only DTJ* firmwares
      22.10.2020 - Initial release
      • Security patch: 2020-10-01
      • Compatibility: DTI* firmwares
      Misc links:
      Further reading:
      update
      twrp-3.5.0_9-4 released
      remember this is for Android 11 FW only*
      Firmware: FUBD* EUB1* EUA4*

changelog
      not known yet*
      obviously merges with the March security patches

note
      if you are looking for twrp for Android 10 use twrp-3.5.0_9-0 and if you're on 10 and wants to update twrp to the latest then you have to upgrade to Android 11 FW before.
      FAQ
      Q: Can i use this recovery with other firmware then mentioned in compatibility?
      A: Only with same Android version and only if you don't plan to boot rooted with TWRP (some kernels deliver root prebuilt in kernel), or Rollback protection will kick in and you won't be able to pass the lockscreen.

Q: Where do i get vbmeta.img?
      A: From here, download the one you need according to install instructions.

Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
      A: Make sure you formatted data partition.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes
      A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, make sure you flashed multidisabler zip / formatted data partition.

Q: How to format data partition?
      A:
      ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is showing only Samsung logo
      A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, consider installing an older TWRP build or a more recent firmware. If you still don't succeed, post here some details about your device and previous firmware and we might be able to help.

Q: Why do i need to format data partition?
      A: Because old firmware encrypted your data partition and new rom can't decrypt and use that content / root needs access to data partition to place misc files / phone not booting after flashing root until data partition gets formatted.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone