[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][3.5.0-x] TWRP for Galaxy S10/e/+/5G Exynos

Search This thread

BlaqqSL8

Jul 15, 2020
1. No, just flashed in AP slot
2. I unchecked auto reboot, booted manually , power , bixby , volume up and let go of power, kept holding bixby , volume up.

3. No. I'm using custom Rom I just flashed multidisabler after format data
4. See #2

I Couldn't boot into Twrp any other way, except with root & a reboot app. Cheers 🍺
I'm afraid that y latest attempt has failed again.

I did as you said, but my phone gets stuck in download mode - with errors relating to vbmeta. The only way out o download mode is re-flashing the original firmware.

Attached is a (very poor) picture of what happened. Sorry about the poor quality.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• TWRP_ERROR-MSG2.jpg
    TWRP_ERROR-MSG2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 78

fil3s

• Aug 30, 2014
    bendigo
    www.mobiledevices.cc
    I'm afraid that y latest attempt has failed again.

I did as you said, but my phone gets stuck in download mode - with errors relating to vbmeta. The only way out o download mode is re-flashing the original firmware.

Attached is a (very poor) picture of what happened. Sorry about the poor quality.

Any suggestions?

Is it a11 firmware? New Twrp only works on android 11 fw

BlaqqSL8

Jul 15, 2020
    Would you believe it??!! Today I decided that I'd try the Android 11 f\w - I'd been using Android 10 up to now. - to see if I could install TWRP...and Voila!! Worked first time!!. WITH the USB plugged into the pc - as you suggested!

I don't recall the OP saying twrp was android 11 only - but I'll go back and check.

Anyway, thank you so, so, much. You really helped me out. :)(y)🍻

Reactions: fil3s

BlaqqSL8

Jul 15, 2020
    Just a couple more questions.

1. Do I root with Magisk BEFORE installing TWRP?, or
    2. Can\Do I flash Magisk AFTER installing TWRP?
    3. When I install a custom ROM (crDroid 7.4), do have to reinstall Magisk?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

fil3s

• Aug 30, 2014
    bendigo
    www.mobiledevices.cc

If you're gonna flash crdroid just flash the magiskpatched boot image I've linked below to boot partition after flashing the rom. Glad it worked out 🙂

Reactions: BlaqqSL8

BlaqqSL8

Jul 15, 2020
    You sir, are a STAR!!!
    Sorry, but it's me again.

I can't flash the img file.

I keep getting an "inaccessible or not found" error in adb.

I use the following syntax:

fastboot flash boot beyond2lte-boot-magisk.img

Mind you, none of the standard adb commands i.e devices, kill-server, etc are recognised. So something is definitely wrong somewhere. Any thoughts\suggestions?

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (Yes, not gone over to Windows 10 - but HAVE bought a Windows 10 Professional (I LOATHE the "Home Edition") license for a bargain £19.00!!!, and will (probably) download\install over the weekend

Last edited:

waterpolo

Aug 6, 2008
    Naarden (NL)

Mind you, none of the standard adb commands i.e devices, kill-server, etc are recognised. So something is definitely wrong somewhere. Any thoughts\suggestions?

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (Yes, not gone over to Windows 10 - but HAVE bought a Windows 10 Professional (I LOATHE the "Home Edition") license for a bargain £19.00!!!, and will (probably) download\install over the weekend
    There is no fastboot.
    You have to flash with Odin or TWRP

fil3s

• Aug 30, 2014
    bendigo
    www.mobiledevices.cc

You gotta flash the magiskpatched boot image in Twrp as
    Code:
    install img file
    reboot to recovery from crdroid flash it to boot when prompted

Last edited:

BlaqqSL8

Jul 15, 2020
    You gotta flash the magiskpatched boot image in Twrp as
    Code:
    install img file
    reboot to recovery from crdroid flash it to boot when prompted
    All done and dusted!!

I'm really impressed with crDROID. It's smooth, fast, and very "light" in terms of size. The stock A11 took up 15% of the 128gb; whereas crDROID occupied 9%! Will Samsung EVER stop filling their devices with bloat? Nah.

In fact I'm REALLY impressed with the S10+ full stop., It's a great phone - even though it's 2 years old.

Anyhoo, thanks again for all you help.

Stay safe, wash your hands, and wear a mask. (y) 🍻😷

Ae08b8N.png

Official TWRP 3.5.0-* For Galaxy S10/e/+/5G
    Only for exynos variants - G970F / G973F / G975F / G977B (Europe - Global, Single/Dual-SIM), G970N / G973N / G975N / G977N (South Korea)
    Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Kernel Features:
    • latest kernel source release
    • disabled uh/defex/proca/knox/rkp/rooting protection/logging/audit/useless features
    • spoofed config for firmware checks
    Recovery Features:
    • built in full 64 mode
    • toybox/busybox support
    • compatible with Android 10.0 and above
    Downloads:
    Instructions:
    Odin (Windows)

Prerequisites: Samsung USB drivers, Odin v3.14.1
    If you already have the bootloader unlocked you can skip to step 6.

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    2. Turn off the phone;
    3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
    4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
      * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
    5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
    6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    7. Turn off the phone;
    8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
      * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
    9. Download appropriate TWRP .tar file according to your device
    10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .tar
    11. Open Odin v3.14.1 and place the downloaded TWRP .tar file in AP tab, downloaded vbmeta .tar file in CP tab and click Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
    !! Only if coming from full stock firmware
    • In TWRP home screen press wipe - format data - yes
    • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.

Heimdall (Linux)
    Install heimdall & additional required packages:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash android-tools-fastboot android-tools-adb libusb-0.1-4 libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev

2. Turn off the phone;
    3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
    4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
      * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
    5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
    7. Turn off the phone;
    8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
      * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
    9. Download appropriate TWRP .img file according to your device
    10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .img
    11. Open your preferred terminal in linux and type (replace red lines with the path of downloaded img files):
      Code:
      sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY /path/to/recovery.img --VBMETA /path/to/vbmeta.img
      and press enter - once you press enter grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
    • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-2.* zip to disable security and encryption.

TWRP

• Download .img file for your device and install from your current TWRP with Install image - browse to image location and select - Recovery

dd (Requires root)

• Download .img file for your device, place it in the root of your /sdcard folder, rename it to twrp.img then run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:
      Code:
      su
      dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name/recovery
    !! Only if coming from full stock (magisk patched) firmware
    • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-2.* zip to disable security and encryption.

Sources:
    Credits:
    • TeamWin, geiti94, jesec, dyneteve, ianmacd, testers, donors and anyone else involved in making this possible

I just realized, my Canadian G920W is a SNAPDRAGON MODEL!?!
    I've been looking at Exynos guides this whole time. What a bummer!
    This recovery will absolutely not work with the G920W, correct?

Bunsenbrenner

Jan 11, 2016
    Black-Forest-79
    I just realized, my Canadian G920W is a SNAPDRAGON MODEL!?!
    I've been looking at Exynos guides this whole time. What a bummer!
    This recovery will absolutely not work with the G920W, correct?
    exactly that does not work for u ,here is the link for snapdragon this should work for you

Reactions: Finn1sher

jean_michmich

Jan 8, 2019
    The 1st of April 2021, in France, the following official Samsung updates for S10e were available :
    - G970FXXU9FUCD
    - G970FOXM9FUCD
    - G970FXXU9FUCD

What are the changes for us :
    - Once the bootloader is unlocked, when you go in Developer options, you will not see "OEM unlock" greyed....You will not see this line at all
    - When you flash recovery_twrp.img and vbmeta.img, you will get this message "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (RECOVERY)"

I will try do downgrade to a previous official Android 11 Official Samsung Stock ROM...and then I'll try again to flash TWRP.

Google, Samsung, Facebook... can work as much as they want...will always be a way to privacy.

xdagee

• Sep 4, 2012
    Accra
    kowofa.me
    The 1st of April 2021, in France, the following official Samsung updates for S10e were available :
    - G970FXXU9FUCD
    - G970FOXM9FUCD
    - G970FXXU9FUCD

What are the changes for us :
    - Once the bootloader is unlocked, when you go in Developer options, you will not see "OEM unlock" greyed....You will not see this line at all
    - When you flash recovery_twrp.img and vbmeta.img, you will get this message "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (RECOVERY)"

I will try do downgrade to a previous official Android 11 Official Samsung Stock ROM...and then I'll try again to flash TWRP.

Google, Samsung, Facebook... can work as much as they want...will always be a way to privacy.
    what version of twrp are you flashing..? read on OP2 on the version of twrp and the version of Android it supports. check before you flash.

Reactions: jean_michmich

jean_michmich

Jan 8, 2019
    what version of twrp are you flashing..? read on OP2 on the version of twrp and the version of Android it supports. check before you flash.

You were totally right!

In the second post of this thread, it's well indicated that each version of TWRP is supposed to work for a defined Stock ROM version.

My mistake !!

tillaz

Jan 20, 2011
    How do I boot to twrp?

I have tried power + vol up + Bixby then only holding vol up from the warning screen but it always just boots up normally.

Confused because it booted after flashing it with oden

Philnicolls89

Jun 28, 2019
    A.C.T
    How do I boot to twrp?

I have tried power + vol up + Bixby then only holding vol up from the warning screen but it always just boots up normally.

connect the cell phone to the pc
    Yes ever since android 11 you now need to have your phone connected to a computer to boot to twrp. Tip, it also works if you plug the phone into your car, Incase you are out and don't have access to a computer😁
    It's also a good idea to download a root power menu app so that you can just select reboot to recovery instead of having to connect the phone via cable.

waterpolo

Aug 6, 2008
    Naarden (NL)
    Yes ever since android 11 you now need to have your phone connected to a computer to boot to twrp. Tip, it also works if you plug the phone into your car, Incase you are out and don't have access to a computer😁
    It's also a good idea to download a root power menu app so that you can just select reboot to recovery instead of having to connect the phone via cable.
    Reboot to recovery can also selected from Magisk manager. That is also working without connection.

Reactions: Philnicolls89

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      How do I boot to twrp?

connect the cell phone to the pc
      Reboot to recovery can also selected from Magisk manager. That is also working without connection.
      Any ideas why backs fail on system partition?
      Backup on internal or external SD card?
      On external SD card you need exfat and not fat32 partition.
      Ae08b8N.png

Official TWRP 3.5.0-* For Galaxy S10/e/+/5G
      Only for exynos variants - G970F / G973F / G975F / G977B (Europe - Global, Single/Dual-SIM), G970N / G973N / G975N / G977N (South Korea)
      Disclaimer
      I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
      Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
      YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Kernel Features:
      • latest kernel source release
      • disabled uh/defex/proca/knox/rkp/rooting protection/logging/audit/useless features
      • spoofed config for firmware checks
      Recovery Features:
      • built in full 64 mode
      • toybox/busybox support
      • compatible with Android 10.0 and above
      Downloads:
      Instructions:
      Odin (Windows)

Prerequisites: Samsung USB drivers, Odin v3.14.1

2. Turn off the phone;
      7. Turn off the phone;
      9. Download appropriate TWRP .tar file according to your device
      10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .tar
      11. Open Odin v3.14.1 and place the downloaded TWRP .tar file in AP tab, downloaded vbmeta .tar file in CP tab and click Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
      • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.

Heimdall (Linux)
      Install heimdall & additional required packages:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get update
      sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash android-tools-fastboot android-tools-adb libusb-0.1-4 libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev

2. Turn off the phone;
      7. Turn off the phone;
      9. Download appropriate TWRP .img file according to your device
      10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .img
      11. Open your preferred terminal in linux and type (replace red lines with the path of downloaded img files):
        Code:
        sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY /path/to/recovery.img --VBMETA /path/to/vbmeta.img
        and press enter - once you press enter grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing

TWRP

• Download .img file for your device and install from your current TWRP with Install image - browse to image location and select - Recovery

dd (Requires root)

• Download .img file for your device, place it in the root of your /sdcard folder, rename it to twrp.img then run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:
        Code:
        su
        dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name/recovery
      !! Only if coming from full stock (magisk patched) firmware

Sources:
      Credits:
      • TeamWin, geiti94, jesec, dyneteve, ianmacd, testers, donors and anyone else involved in making this possible
      Android 11 TWRP is up already for a while, in case you didn't notice it yet grab it from twrp.me.
      Don't forget to use targeted TWRP for your android version and release, read more about compatibility in second post of this thread.
      Regards!
      Compatibility and changelog:
      08.01.2021 - android 11 support
      • Security patch: 2020-01-01
      • Compatibility: only ETL* firmwares, OneUI 3.0
      27.12.2020 - TWRP 3.5.0 bringup - december release
      • Security patch: 2020-12-01
      • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
      09.12.2020 - december release
      • Security patch: 2020-12-01
      • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
      18.11.2020 - november DTJ* kernel sourcecode
      • Security patch: 2020-11-01
      • Compatibility: only DTJ* firmwares
      22.10.2020 - Initial release
      • Security patch: 2020-10-01
      • Compatibility: DTI* firmwares
      Misc links:
      Further reading:
      FAQ
      Q: Can i use this recovery with other firmware then mentioned in compatibility?
      A: Only with same Android version and only if you don't plan to boot rooted with TWRP (some kernels deliver root prebuilt in kernel), or Rollback protection will kick in and you won't be able to pass the lockscreen.

Q: Where do i get vbmeta.img?
      A: From here, download the one you need according to install instructions.

Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
      A: Make sure you formatted data partition.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes
      A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, make sure you flashed multidisabler zip / formatted data partition.

Q: How to format data partition?
      A:
      ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is showing only Samsung logo
      A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, consider installing an older TWRP build or a more recent firmware. If you still don't succeed, post here some details about your device and previous firmware and we might be able to help.

Q: Why do i need to format data partition?
      A: Because old firmware encrypted your data partition and new rom can't decrypt and use that content / root needs access to data partition to place misc files / phone not booting after flashing root until data partition gets formatted.
      update
      twrp-3.5.0_9-4 released
      remember this is for Android 11 FW only*
      Firmware: FUBD* EUB1* EUA4*

changelog
      not known yet*
      obviously merges with the March security patches

note
      if you are looking for twrp for Android 10 use twrp-3.5.0_9-0 and if you're on 10 and wants to update twrp to the latest then you have to upgrade to Android 11 FW before.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone