[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][3.5.0-x] TWRP for Galaxy S10/e/+/5G Exynos

Search This thread

dfg555

Oct 2, 2014
Does this support mounting ./data under Encryption or will /data be garbled when booted into TWRP? I want an encrypted S10e with Magisk and TWRP. My previous phone was an S7 Encrypted with Magisk and TWRP but since TWRP doesn't support mounting /data on an Encrypted S7, it kept my device safe.

Philnicolls89

Jun 28, 2019
A.C.T
Does this support mounting ./data under Encryption or will /data be garbled when booted into TWRP? I want an encrypted S10e with Magisk and TWRP. My previous phone was an S7 Encrypted with Magisk and TWRP but since TWRP doesn't support mounting /data on an Encrypted S7, it kept my device safe.
This TWRP does not support encryption, if that's a deal breaker for you then you can use this forked version of multidisabler to keep encryption. You will need an sd card or use adb to do any flashing though.
Thread '[MOD] Multidisabler fork *keeps data encryption*: disables Vaultkeeper, auto-flash of stock recovery, proca, wsm, cass,' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ash-of-stock-recovery-proca-wsm-cass.4270359/

Last edited:

dfg555

Oct 2, 2014
This TWRP does not support encryption, if that's a deal breaker for you then you can use this forked version of multidisabler to keep encryption. You will need an sd card or use adb to do any flashing though.
Thread '[MOD] Multidisabler fork *keeps data encryption*: disables Vaultkeeper, auto-flash of stock recovery, proca, wsm, cass,' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ash-of-stock-recovery-proca-wsm-cass.4270359/
If it doesn't support encryption can I still Encrypt my data? I don't really care about not being able to mount /data in TWRP as long as it's Encrypted.

Philnicolls89

Jun 28, 2019
A.C.T
Thanks for the response. I install it after Magisk right? I just finished Rooting my S10e with Magisk v22.1.
There are a few different ways to install it. It can be done before installing magisk, at the same time, or after. It's up to you.
Since you already are rooted with magisk, the easiest way to install twrp would be using the official twrp app from playstore. Just download the correct twrp for your firmware version and flash using the twrp app.

dfg555

Oct 2, 2014
There are a few different ways to install it. It can be done before installing magisk, at the same time, or after. It's up to you.
Since you already are rooted with magisk, the easiest way to install twrp would be using the official twrp app from playstore. Just download the correct twrp for your firmware version and flash using the twrp app.
I see, I am planning to use Odin instead but I'll try the Playstore Method.

Philnicolls89

Jun 28, 2019
A.C.T
I see, I am planning to use Odin instead but I'll try the Playstore Method.
You can also use odin if you want, just download the .tar file, patch and flash in the cp slot.
Don't forget to patch the file first aswell if using the play store method.
Unless you use a custom Kernel then TWRP needs to be patched with magisk as you use the recovery partition to boot phone with root access.

MrH871

Jun 11, 2013
Root on s10+ still with the multi button boot up or have we found a way to have root constantly without the need to boot with buttons pressed

dfg555

Oct 2, 2014
Root on s10+ still with the multi button boot up or have we found a way to have root constantly without the need to boot with buttons pressed
I was wondering about this since I'm afraid of booting normally with just the power button. I've never done it before on my rooted S10e.

Philnicolls89

Jun 28, 2019
A.C.T
I was wondering about this since I'm afraid of booting normally with just the power button. I've never done it before on my rooted S10e.
Stock Kernel needs the button combo to boot with root.
Don't be afraid though, if you accidentally boot normally then you can just power off and reboot using button combo. Worst that can happen is u might loose Bluetooth or WiFi pairings.
I use thunderstorm kernel as the dev has built it with a few variations depending on your needs, eg battery, performance, stock behaviour etc and its settings are easily customised.

goodflood

• Aug 25, 2012
    SOLVED: Missed step in flashing vbmeta file... https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-s10e-s10-s10-exynos.4173663/post-85000665

xxxx

From https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-s10e-s10-s10-exynos.4173663/post-84996149

Coming from

ROM: 17.1 December update
    Firmware: FUBD
    TWRP 3.4.0_9-3
    Smalipatcher: 0.0.7.0
    Nanodroid: 23.0.1.20201029

Forgot to uninstall smalipatcher and disable nanodroid

Flashed 18.1 ROM
    Flashed boot-magisk image
    Rebooted to bootloops
    Fixed by deleting smalipatcher file and rebooting

Created and flashed smalipatcher magisk module
    Rebooted
    Removed nanodroid
    Now I don't see TWRP option in the advanced menu and cannot boot to TWRP manually... where'd he go? :cry::cry::cry:

EDIT: Flash latest tar file through ODIN in AP slot? https://eu.dl.twrp.me/beyond0lte/twrp-3.5.2_9-0-beyond0lte.img.tar.html

EDIT: Used TWRP app with root to flash latest img... nothing!

EDIT: Can't get into download mode ... looping! :mad: :cry:

EDIT: Managed to get into download mode (took the new case off) flashed latest TWRP (tar) in AP slot... nothing!

Can anyone help me get TWRP on my phone?

Last edited:

fanbo_sh

May 20, 2021
    Hi there.
    I am struggling with TWRP(3.5.2.9_beyond1lte) and latest BL(BL_G973NKSU6FUE3_CL21644994_QB40062530_REV01_user_low_ship.tar) and CP(CP_G973NKOU6FUE1_CL1978107_QB19098423_SIGNED_EVT1.tar) which I used odin to update.

My G973N cannot boot to TWRP with holding Bixby+power+volume up and got stucked in boot loop with a big yellow exclamation mark in the middle and "Kernel rev check fail Device 6 Binary 2" on the top left.

Does someone know what to do? Thanks

kriz_

Apr 2, 2021
    hi
    are twrp versions tied to certain bootloader versions? or are they independent of it? is there any dependency besides an unlocked bootloader?

OsoAlgo

Dec 31, 2012
    Hi there.
    I am struggling with TWRP(3.5.2.9_beyond1lte) and latest BL(BL_G973NKSU6FUE3_CL21644994_QB40062530_REV01_user_low_ship.tar) and CP(CP_G973NKOU6FUE1_CL1978107_QB19098423_SIGNED_EVT1.tar) which I used odin to update.

My G973N cannot boot to TWRP with holding Bixby+power+volume up and got stucked in boot loop with a big yellow exclamation mark in the middle and "Kernel rev check fail Device 6 Binary 2" on the top left.

Does someone know what to do? Thanks
    There's now twrp-3.5.2_9-1, did that work for you?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      hey, mate!
      I have the same problem... did you manage this issue?
      thx
      SOLVED: Missed step in flashing vbmeta file... https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-s10e-s10-s10-exynos.4173663/post-85000665

xxxx

From https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-s10e-s10-s10-exynos.4173663/post-84996149

Coming from

ROM: 17.1 December update
      Firmware: FUBD
      TWRP 3.4.0_9-3
      Smalipatcher: 0.0.7.0
      Nanodroid: 23.0.1.20201029

Forgot to uninstall smalipatcher and disable nanodroid

Flashed 18.1 ROM
      Flashed boot-magisk image
      Rebooted to bootloops
      Fixed by deleting smalipatcher file and rebooting

Created and flashed smalipatcher magisk module
      Rebooted
      Removed nanodroid
      Now I don't see TWRP option in the advanced menu and cannot boot to TWRP manually... where'd he go? :cry::cry::cry:

EDIT: Flash latest tar file through ODIN in AP slot? https://eu.dl.twrp.me/beyond0lte/twrp-3.5.2_9-0-beyond0lte.img.tar.html

EDIT: Used TWRP app with root to flash latest img... nothing!

EDIT: Can't get into download mode ... looping! :mad: :cry:

EDIT: Managed to get into download mode (took the new case off) flashed latest TWRP (tar) in AP slot... nothing!

Can anyone help me get TWRP on my phone?

hey, mate!
      I have the same problem... did you manage this issue?
      thx

Just flash in Odin in AP slot the twrp.tar

*NOTE* must be on oneui 3x firmware to flash the latest twrp successfully, or one may encounter bootloops
      I think Q bootloader only supports up to 3.5.0.9-2 , whereas R bootloader supports latest

twrp website may be down in some regions**
      Ae08b8N.png

Official TWRP 3.5.0-* For Galaxy S10/e/+/5G
      Only for exynos variants - G970F / G973F / G975F / G977B (Europe - Global, Single/Dual-SIM), G970N / G973N / G975N / G977N (South Korea)
      Disclaimer
      I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
      Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
      YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Kernel Features:
      • latest kernel source release
      • disabled uh/defex/proca/knox/rkp/rooting protection/logging/audit/useless features
      • spoofed config for firmware checks
      Recovery Features:
      • built in full 64 mode
      • toybox/busybox support
      • compatible with Android 10.0 and above
      Downloads:
      Instructions:
      Odin (Windows)

Prerequisites: Samsung USB drivers, Odin v3.14.1
      If you already have the bootloader unlocked you can skip to step 6.

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
      2. Turn off the phone;
      3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
      4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
        * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
      5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
      6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
      7. Turn off the phone;
      8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
        * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
      9. Download appropriate TWRP .tar file according to your device
      10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .tar
      11. Open Odin v3.14.1 and place the downloaded TWRP .tar file in AP tab, downloaded vbmeta .tar file in CP tab and click Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
      !! Only if coming from full stock firmware
      • In TWRP home screen press wipe - format data - yes
      • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.

Heimdall (Linux)
      Install heimdall & additional required packages:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get update
      sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash android-tools-fastboot android-tools-adb libusb-0.1-4 libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev
      If you already have the bootloader unlocked you can skip to step 6.

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
      2. Turn off the phone;
      3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
      4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
        * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
      5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
      6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
      7. Turn off the phone;
      8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
        * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
      9. Download appropriate TWRP .img file according to your device
      10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .img
      11. Open your preferred terminal in linux and type (replace red lines with the path of downloaded img files):
        Code:
        sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY /path/to/recovery.img --VBMETA /path/to/vbmeta.img
        and press enter - once you press enter grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
      !! Only if coming from full stock firmware
      • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-2.* zip to disable security and encryption.

TWRP

• Download .img file for your device and install from your current TWRP with Install image - browse to image location and select - Recovery

dd (Requires root)

• Download .img file for your device, place it in the root of your /sdcard folder, rename it to twrp.img then run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:
        Code:
        su
        dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name/recovery
      !! Only if coming from full stock (magisk patched) firmware
      • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-2.* zip to disable security and encryption.

Sources:
      Credits:
      • TeamWin, geiti94, jesec, dyneteve, ianmacd, testers, donors and anyone else involved in making this possible
      Android 11 TWRP is up already for a while, in case you didn't notice it yet grab it from twrp.me.
      Don't forget to use targeted TWRP for your android version and release, read more about compatibility in second post of this thread.
      Regards!
      Compatibility and changelog:
      08.01.2021 - android 11 support
      • Security patch: 2020-01-01
      • Compatibility: only ETL* firmwares, OneUI 3.0
      27.12.2020 - TWRP 3.5.0 bringup - december release
      • Security patch: 2020-12-01
      • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
      09.12.2020 - december release
      • Security patch: 2020-12-01
      • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
      18.11.2020 - november DTJ* kernel sourcecode
      • Security patch: 2020-11-01
      • Compatibility: only DTJ* firmwares
      22.10.2020 - Initial release
      • Security patch: 2020-10-01
      • Compatibility: DTI* firmwares
      Misc links:
      Further reading:
      FAQ
      Q: Can i use this recovery with other firmware then mentioned in compatibility?
      A: Only with same Android version and only if you don't plan to boot rooted with TWRP (some kernels deliver root prebuilt in kernel), or Rollback protection will kick in and you won't be able to pass the lockscreen.

Q: Where do i get vbmeta.img?
      A: From here, download the one you need according to install instructions.

Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
      A: Make sure you formatted data partition.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes
      A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, make sure you flashed multidisabler zip / formatted data partition.

Q: How to format data partition?
      A:
      ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is showing only Samsung logo
      A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, consider installing an older TWRP build or a more recent firmware. If you still don't succeed, post here some details about your device and previous firmware and we might be able to help.

Q: Why do i need to format data partition?
      A: Because old firmware encrypted your data partition and new rom can't decrypt and use that content / root needs access to data partition to place misc files / phone not booting after flashing root until data partition gets formatted.
      update
      twrp-3.5.0_9-4 released
      remember this is for Android 11 FW only*
      Firmware: FUBD* EUB1* EUA4*

changelog
      not known yet*
      obviously merges with the March security patches

note
      if you are looking for twrp for Android 10 use twrp-3.5.0_9-0 and if you're on 10 and wants to update twrp to the latest then you have to upgrade to Android 11 FW before.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone