• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][3.5.0-x] TWRP for Galaxy S10/e/+/5G Exynos

Search This thread

mdsns78

May 31, 2021
Ae08b8N.png

Official TWRP 3.5.0-* For Galaxy S10/e/+/5G
Only for exynos variants - G970F / G973F / G975F / G977B (Europe - Global, Single/Dual-SIM), G970N / G973N / G975N / G977N (South Korea)
Disclaimer
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Kernel Features:
  • latest kernel source release
  • disabled uh/defex/proca/knox/rkp/rooting protection/logging/audit/useless features
  • spoofed config for firmware checks
Recovery Features:
  • built in full 64 mode
  • toybox/busybox support
  • compatible with Android 10.0 and above
Downloads:
Instructions:
Odin (Windows)

Prerequisites: Samsung USB drivers, Odin v3.14.1
If you already have the bootloader unlocked you can skip to step 6.

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
  2. Turn off the phone;
  3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
  4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
    * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
  5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
  6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
  7. Turn off the phone;
  8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
    * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
  9. Download appropriate TWRP .tar file according to your device
  10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .tar
  11. Open Odin v3.14.1 and place the downloaded TWRP .tar file in AP tab, downloaded vbmeta .tar file in CP tab and click Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
!! Only if coming from full stock firmware
  • In TWRP home screen press wipe - format data - yes
  • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.

Heimdall (Linux)
Install heimdall & additional required packages:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash android-tools-fastboot android-tools-adb libusb-0.1-4 libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev

2. Turn off the phone;
  3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
  4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
    * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
  5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
  7. Turn off the phone;
  8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
    * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
  9. Download appropriate TWRP .img file according to your device
  10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .img
  11. Open your preferred terminal in linux and type (replace red lines with the path of downloaded img files):
    Code:
    sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY /path/to/recovery.img --VBMETA /path/to/vbmeta.img
    and press enter - once you press enter grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
  • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-2.* zip to disable security and encryption.

TWRP

• Download .img file for your device and install from your current TWRP with Install image - browse to image location and select - Recovery

dd (Requires root)

• Download .img file for your device, place it in the root of your /sdcard folder, rename it to twrp.img then run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name/recovery
!! Only if coming from full stock (magisk patched) firmware
  • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-2.* zip to disable security and encryption.

Sources:
Credits:
  • TeamWin, geiti94, jesec, dyneteve, ianmacd, testers, donors and anyone else involved in making this possible

caiquess95

Dec 30, 2016
Salvador
Hi @corsicanu. I have a big headache with my S10+. I was using the BEOYND rom and my FW version was this one: G975FXXU9FUCD.

The rom has been updated to: G975FXXUAFUE3. I had to update BL and then everything went wrong. My cell phone started bugging and now my cell phone only turns on when I connect the usb cable, and it has broken startup in download mode. I can only keep it in download mode connected with the usb cable. When removing it, after about 4 seconds it turns off. With TWRP installed and even with usb cable, it doesn't keep connected. Could you give me some help? I've been using my cell phone for 3 days like this and I've tried several things without success. I can also flash the stock rom, but after completion in Odin, the phone restarts and does not "turn on". Only with cable, and when I connect the cable or it goes straight to the twrp if you have it installed, or broken boot straight to download mode. I'm stuck in this and I can't get out at all.

vovaxxxx

Aug 28, 2006
EDIT: Used TWRP app with root to flash latest img... nothing!

EDIT: Can't get into download mode ... looping! :mad: :cry:

EDIT: Managed to get into download mode (took the new case off) flashed latest TWRP (tar) in AP slot... nothing!

Can anyone help me get TWRP on my phone?
hey, mate!
I have the same problem... did you manage this issue?
thx

fil3s

Aug 30, 2014
bendigo
www.mobiledevices.cc
hey, mate!
thx
SOLVED: Missed step in flashing vbmeta file... https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-s10e-s10-s10-exynos.4173663/post-85000665

xxxx

From https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-s10e-s10-s10-exynos.4173663/post-84996149

Coming from

ROM: 17.1 December update
Firmware: FUBD
TWRP 3.4.0_9-3
Smalipatcher: 0.0.7.0
Nanodroid: 23.0.1.20201029

Forgot to uninstall smalipatcher and disable nanodroid

Flashed 18.1 ROM
Flashed boot-magisk image
Rebooted to bootloops
Fixed by deleting smalipatcher file and rebooting

Created and flashed smalipatcher magisk module
Rebooted
Removed nanodroid
Now I don't see TWRP option in the advanced menu and cannot boot to TWRP manually... where'd he go? :cry::cry::cry:

EDIT: Flash latest tar file through ODIN in AP slot? https://eu.dl.twrp.me/beyond0lte/twrp-3.5.2_9-0-beyond0lte.img.tar.html

EDIT: Used TWRP app with root to flash latest img... nothing!

EDIT: Can't get into download mode ... looping! :mad: :cry:

EDIT: Managed to get into download mode (took the new case off) flashed latest TWRP (tar) in AP slot... nothing!

Can anyone help me get TWRP on my phone?

hey, mate!
thx

Just flash in Odin in AP slot the twrp.tar

*NOTE* must be on oneui 3x firmware to flash the latest twrp successfully, or one may encounter bootloops
I think Q bootloader only supports up to 3.5.0.9-2 , whereas R bootloader supports latest

twrp website may be down in some regions**

Reactions: vovaxxxx

MerijnB

Nov 9, 2008
I'm trying to install this TWRP on my S10e, running the latest Q. My bootloader is unlocked (grayed out, saying already unlocked), I don't see anything like "RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal" when entering download mode (where should I see that exactly?).

Every time I try to do step 11 of op, Odin either just says "failed", or I see a message on the phone saying something like "only original binaries allowed for flashing".

Can anyone point me into the right direction? Tx!

Last edited:

ThePS4Gamer

Dec 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S10e
I'm trying to install this TWRP on my S10e, running the latest Q. My bootloader is unlocked (grayed out, saying already unlocked), I don't see anything like "RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal" when entering download mode (where should I see that exactly?).

Every time I try to do step 11 of op, Odin either just says "failed", or I see a message on the phone saying something like "only original binaries allowed for flashing".

Can anyone point me into the right direction? Tx!
Did you skip flashing MultiDisabler and the AVB-disabled vbmeta image file?

This is probably why your phone says it needs official, signed binaries. You need to flash the payload in order to execute unsigned code.

MerijnB

Nov 9, 2008
Did you skip flashing MultiDisabler and the AVB-disabled vbmeta image file?

This is probably why your phone says it needs official, signed binaries. You need to flash the payload in order to execute unsigned code.
In the instructions flashing MultiDisabler is mentioned:

• Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.

But I don't get that far, I can't flash TWRP to begin with. Should I flash multidisabler earlier?

ThePS4Gamer

Dec 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S10e
In the instructions flashing MultiDisabler is mentioned:

But I don't get that far, I can't flash TWRP to begin with. Should I flash multidisabler earlier?
It's Android Verified Boot that prevents you from using custom recoveries and OSes.

You should've flashed the AVB-disabled vbmeta image earlier.

Please flash the stock ROM back with the normal CSC file and try again, now with flashing both TWRP and the AVB Disabler, AT THE SAME TIME!

detaysa

Dec 13, 2017
Ae08b8N.png

Only for exynos variants - G970F / G973F / G975F / G977B (Europe - Global, Single/Dual-SIM), G970N / G973N / G975N / G977N (South Korea)
Disclaimer
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Kernel Features:
  • disabled uh/defex/proca/knox/rkp/rooting protection/logging/audit/useless features
Recovery Features:
  • built in full 64 mode
  • toybox/busybox support
Downloads:
Instructions:
Odin (Windows)

2. Turn off the phone;
  7. Turn off the phone;
  11. Open Odin v3.14.1 and place the downloaded TWRP .tar file in AP tab, downloaded vbmeta .tar file in CP tab and click Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing

Heimdall (Linux)
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash android-tools-fastboot android-tools-adb libusb-0.1-4 libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev

1. Geliştirici ayarlarında OEM Kilit Açma'nın AÇIK olduğundan emin olun;
  2. Telefonu kapat;
  3. Telefonu indirme modunda başlatmak için bir bilgisayara takılı vol down + bixby key + usb kablosunu kullanın;
  4. Ses açma düğmesine uzun basın, ardından önyükleyicinin kilidini açmak istediğinizi onaylayın (bu yalnızca bir kez gereklidir);
    * Lütfen dahili depolama dahil tüm verilerinizin silineceğini ve telefonun yeniden başlatılacağını unutmayın!
  5. Telefonun normal şekilde açılmasına izin verin, kurulumu geçin ve RMM'nin kilidini açmak için internete (kablosuz veya mobil veri) bağlanın;
  6. Geliştirici ayarlarında OEM Kilit Açma'nın AÇIK olduğundan emin olun;
  7. Telefonu kapat;
  8. Telefonu indirme modunda başlatmak için bir bilgisayara takılı vol down + bixby tuşu + usb kablosunu kullanın, indirme moduna geçmek istediğinizi onaylamak için vol up düğmesine kısa basın;
    * RMM durumu=Prenormal veya KG durumu=Prenormal görürseniz, 5. adımdan itibaren tekrar yapın!
  9. Cihazınıza göre uygun TWRP .img dosyasını indirin
  10. Yükleme engelli vbmeta avb .img
  11. Linux'ta tercih ettiğiniz terminali açın ve şunu yazın (kırmızı çizgileri indirilen img dosyalarının yolu ile değiştirin):
    [KOD]sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY /path/to/recovery.img --VBMETA /path/to/vbmeta.img[ /CODE]
    ve enter tuşuna basın - enter tuşuna bastığınızda telefonu alın ve yanıp söndükten sonra doğrudan TWRP'de önyüklemeye zorlamak için vol up + bixby + power tuşlarına basın
!! Yalnızca tam stok üretici yazılımından geliyorsa
  • TWRP ana ekranında sil'e basın - verileri biçimlendirin - evet
  • Güvenlik ve şifrelemeyi devre dışı bırakmak için multidisabler-samsung-2.* zip dosyasını indirin ve flaşlayın .
[/SAKLAMAK]
TWRP
[SAKLAMAK]
  • Cihazınız için .img dosyasını indirin ve Resmi yükle ile mevcut TWRP'nizden yükleyin - resim konumuna göz atın ve - Kurtarma'yı seçin
[/SAKLAMAK]
dd (kök gerektirir)
[SAKLAMAK]
  • Cihazınız için .img dosyasını indirin, /sdcard klasörünüzün kök dizinine yerleştirin, twrp.img olarak yeniden adlandırın ve adb shell veya bir terminal emülatör uygulaması aracılığıyla aşağıdaki komutları çalıştırın:
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp .img of=/dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name/recovery
!! Yalnızca tam stoktan geliyorsa (magisk yamalı) bellenim
  • TWRP ana ekranında sil'e basın - verileri biçimlendirin - evet
  • Güvenlik ve şifrelemeyi devre dışı bırakmak için multidisabler-samsung-2.* zip dosyasını indirin ve flaşlayın .
[/SAKLAMAK]
Kaynaklar:
Kredi:
  • TeamWin, geiti94, jesec, dyneteve, ianmacd, test kullanıcıları, bağışçılar ve bunu mümkün kılan diğer herkes

tskler hersey için

May 7, 2017
Hello,

I had it once working on my S10e, G970F. But then I decided to install latest Android-10 version. Now I cannot get it to work again. It always enters download mode.
[Btw, I can re-flash latest Android-10 version to get the phone to work again, but I cannot flash older Android-10 versions (DL mode says something like phone:9, program:8 or so).]

Please see attached pics. One is the normal Download screen when I flash twrp and vbmeta. And the other is the error I get at boot time afterwards.
It says something like "DT Entry: not found 0x1a".

Is there a fix for that?

regards,
chris
s10e-boot-err.jpg
s10e-dl-mode.jpg

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
Hello,

I had it once working on my S10e, G970F. But then I decided to install latest Android-10 version. Now I cannot get it to work again. It always enters download mode.
[Btw, I can re-flash latest Android-10 version to get the phone to work again, but I cannot flash older Android-10 versions (DL mode says something like phone:9, program:8 or so).]

Please see attached pics. One is the normal Download screen when I flash twrp and vbmeta. And the other is the error I get at boot time afterwards.
It says something like "DT Entry: not found 0x1a".

Is there a fix for that?

regards,
chrisView attachment 5354907View attachment 5354909
you need to flash this twrp-3.5.0_9-2-beyond2lte.img.tar with vbmeta from OP

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
any idea why these do not work and I have to use ian's 3.4 twrp?

s10 exynos stock rooted last android 10

Attachments

• 20210710_155417.jpg
    20210710_155417.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
the reason is, the latest twrp does not work with android Q, they just forgot to mention this anywhere.

The latest one that works with android q/10 is twrp-3.5.0_9-2

sgtchocky

Mar 2, 2017
Does it matter if I am coming from stock FUE rom? Unlocked, etc..
Mounting in Odin the twrp and vbmeta, but it just hanging on:
<ID:0/005> twrp-3.5.2_9-beyond2lte-v1.img

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone
    I need to install multidisabler-samsung-3-1 if I will be using Magisk?
    Yes. always good to install
    Ae08b8N.png

Disclaimer

Kernel Features:
    Recovery Features:
    • built in full 64 mode
    • toybox/busybox support
    Downloads:
    Instructions:
    Odin (Windows)

2. Turn off the phone;
    7. Turn off the phone;

Heimdall (Linux)
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update

2. Turn off the phone;
    7. Turn off the phone;
    9. Download appropriate TWRP .img file according to your device
    10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .img
    11. Open your preferred terminal in linux and type (replace red lines with the path of downloaded img files):
      Code:
      sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY /path/to/recovery.img --VBMETA /path/to/vbmeta.img
      and press enter - once you press enter grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing

TWRP

• Download .img file for your device and install from your current TWRP with Install image - browse to image location and select - Recovery

dd (Requires root)

• Download .img file for your device, place it in the root of your /sdcard folder, rename it to twrp.img then run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:
      Code:
      su
      dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name/recovery
    !! Only if coming from full stock (magisk patched) firmware

Sources:
    Credits:
    • TeamWin, geiti94, jesec, dyneteve, ianmacd, testers, donors and anyone else involved in making this possible
    Android 11 TWRP is up already for a while, in case you didn't notice it yet grab it from twrp.me.
    Don't forget to use targeted TWRP for your android version and release, read more about compatibility in second post of this thread.
    Regards!
    Compatibility and changelog:
    08.01.2021 - android 11 support
    • Security patch: 2020-01-01
    • Compatibility: only ETL* firmwares, OneUI 3.0
    27.12.2020 - TWRP 3.5.0 bringup - december release
    • Security patch: 2020-12-01
    • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
    09.12.2020 - december release
    • Security patch: 2020-12-01
    • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
    18.11.2020 - november DTJ* kernel sourcecode
    • Security patch: 2020-11-01
    • Compatibility: only DTJ* firmwares
    22.10.2020 - Initial release
    • Security patch: 2020-10-01
    • Compatibility: DTI* firmwares
    Misc links:
    Further reading:
    FAQ
    Q: Can i use this recovery with other firmware then mentioned in compatibility?
    A: Only with same Android version and only if you don't plan to boot rooted with TWRP (some kernels deliver root prebuilt in kernel), or Rollback protection will kick in and you won't be able to pass the lockscreen.

Q: Where do i get vbmeta.img?
    A: From here, download the one you need according to install instructions.

Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
    A: Make sure you formatted data partition.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, make sure you flashed multidisabler zip / formatted data partition.

Q: How to format data partition?
    A:
    ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is showing only Samsung logo
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, consider installing an older TWRP build or a more recent firmware. If you still don't succeed, post here some details about your device and previous firmware and we might be able to help.

Q: Why do i need to format data partition?
    A: Because old firmware encrypted your data partition and new rom can't decrypt and use that content / root needs access to data partition to place misc files / phone not booting after flashing root until data partition gets formatted.
    update
    twrp-3.5.0_9-4 released
    remember this is for Android 11 FW only*
    Firmware: FUBD* EUB1* EUA4*

changelog
    not known yet*
    obviously merges with the March security patches

note
    if you are looking for twrp for Android 10 use twrp-3.5.0_9-0 and if you're on 10 and wants to update twrp to the latest then you have to upgrade to Android 11 FW before.