[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][3.6.1-x] TWRP for Galaxy S10/e/+/5G Exynos

Search This thread

thetys

Oct 27, 2020
To repair the shrinkage, you need to boot to TWRP, select Advanced Wipe, tick Data, select Repair or Change File System followed by Resize File System. Your storage space should now be it's original size, you may experience some minor data loss, so it's probably best to make a twrp backup of /data and then restore it once the repair is complete.
It worked! :) You are the nicest man alive! Where can we donate to you? :)

Philnicolls89

It worked! :) You are the nicest man alive! Where can we donate to you? :)
All good mate I'm glad you fixed your issue! I am not a developer or contributor just a sharer of information, so please no donations, save that for the people developing programs like twrp and magisk etc.
That's the spirit of xda, we all learn and then help others. One day you may be able to help someone else on here 😉

creepin

Feb 1, 2011
Karachi
Hi
I have samsung s10 5g model SM-G977B with anrdoid 11 ui 3.1. Can i flash this recovery into my phone and would really appreciate if anyone tell me the proceedure. My phone is rooted with Magisk

Philnicolls89

Hi
I have samsung s10 5g model SM-G977B with anrdoid 11 ui 3.1. Can i flash this recovery into my phone and would really appreciate if anyone tell me the proceedure. My phone is rooted with Magisk
I can't confirm if it will work with the 5g model but it should. It's worth doing it to find out, just make sure you crab a copy of your factory recovery image so that you can re-flash it encase something goes wrong.

Since you are already rooted the easiest way to flash this twrp would be to download the official twrp app from the playstore. Then download the correct twrp image for your phone using the links in post #1 of this thread.
Patch the twrp image with magisk, rename it 'recovery' and flash via the twrp app.
Be aware that the first time you boot to twrp it will install some stuff then reboot your phone, make sure to use the button combo to boot back into twrp and don't let the phone restart properly.
Then using twrp flash the multidisabler, you can now restart your phone. Remember when restarting your phone to always select the reboot to recovery option so that you boot with root. Magisk App and twrp both have this reboot to recovery option in settings.

Reactions: thetys

thetys

Oct 27, 2020
By the way you can restart to recovery from magisk and that way you dont have to use the button combination to go to TWRP before restarting.

Philnicolls89

By the way you can restart to recovery from magisk and that way you dont have to use the button combination to go to TWRP before restarting.
There is also a button combination to boot to recovery, so that if for example you turn your phone completely off you can boot straight to recovery, no need to boot to twrp then use the restart to recovery option.

It varies for phone model so you will need to google it. I have an s10+ so my button combo is as follows.
Hold down power + volume up + bixby for about 5-10 seconds then release = boot to recovery partition (root).
Hold down power + volume up + bixby and continue to hold buttons down = this will boot into TWRP.

However since android 11 you are now required to have your phone plugged into a computer in order to boot to TWRP, which can be very annoying if you are not at home or near a computer.

This can be avoided by installing a custom kernel that has magisk pre installed into it. Using such a kernel will allow you to boot into TWRP without being plugged into a computer, it also means that you do not need a button combo or to restart to recovery to boot with root (you can just power the phone on and off normally using the power button and it will boot with root).

Reactions: thetys

romstockprivate

Jan 18, 2014
I have version 3.4.0-1 and I am not able to restore a backup. In the log see an error, failed to mount '/product. What am I doing wrong? After restarting I see a new install of crDriod.

ETA: Now my S10E is stuck in the "bootloop".

Last edited:

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
The steps to install root (magisk) are quite simple, so I'm not sure why it isn't working for you. Just to clarify these are the steps you took:
1. Unlock developer options and turn on OEM unlocking.
2. Turn off phone, boot to download mode and unlock boot loader. This will do a data format (wipe everything on ur phone)
3. Turn on phone, set up phone and install magisk manager
4. Download firmware from frija or sammobile
5. patch the AP file with magisk
6. Download the correct twrp for ur firmware and patch twrp with magisk (different TWRP versions are needed for different firmware versions)
7. Rename patched twrp to 'recovery', then open patched AP file using 7zip, replace stock recovery with new recovery file
8. Flash AP file using odin along with the other bl,cp and csc or home_csc files
9. Restart to twrp using key combo and flash multi disabler
10. Using twrp select restart to recovery and allow phone to boot
11. Open magisk manager, magisk should now be installed or ask you to finish the set up process.
12. Enjoy

This is a basic guide and if its what you already did and are still experiencing bootloops please let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.
Once u are rooted with twrp you can then go about installing your custom roms etc.
Just goes into a bootloop instead of going into twrp when doing the correct key combos

I've done this a handful of times just never with android 10

android 10 G973FXXS9DTL1 working on my s10 exnos g973f/ds?

I've tried a few different twrp versions downloaded from their website

thanks for any help much appreciated

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
Just goes into a bootloop instead of going into twrp when doing the correct key combos

I've done this a handful of times just never with android 10

android 10 G973FXXS9DTL1 working on my s10 exnos g973f/ds?

I've tried a few different twrp versions downloaded from their website

thanks for any help much appreciated
ok so reporting back, I am finally rooted.

I wish I had the ability to change the original post to include this information but I do not have that ability.

Different versions of magisk patch files with different options when patching the AP file. In older versions it does not give you any options, but in newer versions there is an option that you MUST TICK and that is "RECOVERY" you need to make sure this checked off when you patch the AP file.

I still am not clear how to install twrp, I know it has to do with patching and then multidisabler and also vbmeta but I can't seem to find a step by step guide.

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
You can find .tar converter programs on Google, that's probably the simplest way
Otherwise just get your patched AP file and open it using 7zip, delete the original recovery and add your magisk patched twrp .img file (renamed to 'recovery') and flash the whole AP file with the other files using home csc to retain data. No data wipe needed. Formatting is only needed when installing magisk from scratch.
Also titanium backup doesn't work for me a lot of the time to delete apps etc. I use it to find where the files are located and manually delete with a root Explorer such as mixplorer.
*Edit* the disable vbmeta file in the instructions is used for flashing twrp without root, also some of the steps assume you are not yet rooted, eg performing a data format. Its much simpler if already rooted as I said above.
Hope this helps:)
definitely do not do this, it just bootloops

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
nada...
i'm stupid or what?

i deleted everything, redid root with masigk (ap patched).
I patched the recovery, flash in AP with vmbeta in CP, bl with the original bl and csc.
I have twrp recovery but the sartphne does not start .. bootloop on the samsung logo.
What am I doing wrong?

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

after doing all of the above, i had got a bootloop.

Sure I have done everything accurately, I tried to make a "format data" confirming with the writing YES from recovery.

At that point I flashed the multidisabler.zip.

I rebooted and finally the phone booted normally, I followed the first boot, language, date and time, etc ...

Now I have installed magisk manager again, from which I got the root (magisk has configured the rootm by rebooting the phone autonomously).

I finished? I have both root and recovery. All right? Can I use the phone and in this case, if I now perform a full backup from twrp recovery, would a subsequent restore from twrp bring me back to the conditions I am in now?

Also, can I use terminal disabler (magisk plugin) now ?.
Thanks for the tips.
So this guy figured it out???

and he did what exactly???

If someone put a gun to my head and asked me to choose where I think he successfully got twrp installed on his rooted phone and how he did it... well I'd for sure be DEAD

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
Hello! I'm new to android ROMs. I'm attempting to flash LineageOS alongside Magisk. I tried this a few months back but due to some hardware issues I needed to return the phone and order a new one. Here I am, at it again.

So I came to the XDK forums and found the LineageOS 18 thread and started following the instructions there, as well as these recommended TWRP thread instructions. In this TWRP thread I clicked the download link for S10+ and the instructions said to first root with Magisk, then pre-root a TWRP image before flashing it to recovery. It linked me to the john wu instructions. So these are the instructions I've followed:
  1. Make sure OEM unlock is on
  2. Turn phone off
  3. Boot into download mode
  4. Flash stock firmware (obtained via Frija, version G975FXXS9DTK9 / SM-G975F_1_20201116171140_gnww4vsynz_fac zip.enc4
  5. Repeat 1-3
  6. Long press volume up to unlock bootloader
  7. Repeat 1-3
I then followed John Wu's instructions available here. My phone's ramdisk result was "no", so I skipped to the Samsung System as Root section.

Unlocking Bootloader

This was done previously, so I read through it but ended up skipping all the instructions. I confirmed that in dev settings the OEM Bootloader option is greyed out and set to "on".

Instructions

I followed all of these. Once Odin3 finished flashing the Magisk patched AP file my device rebooted. It is now stuck in a bootloop.

After arriving here, I did some googling and got my phone back into download mode, then reflashed the stock firmware. The device boots properly into the Samsung setup screen and now will gracefully boot once shutdown.

What did I do wrong? Why are these instructions so unclear?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

So I took a break for a day, and looked up some further guides and reading. I reflashed the stock firmware after trying the above process again, then followed these instructions. I got as far as step 10 (and made sure to untick "auto-reboot" in Odin3), but during this process my phone got stuck in a boot loop AGAIN. reflashed with stock firmware AGAIN. I have no idea why this isn't working, some help would be greatly appreciated since apparently this isn't as straightforward as following the simple instructions from one of 3 or 4 different guides that all say the same ****. Before anyone asks, when I flashed the magisk-patched file, YES, I also added in the stock BL, CP, CSC files (CSC, not HOME_CSC).
no no no it's not just you, the directions are completely wrong.

And also the people that have figured it out, how to get TWRP installed, have all joined together to type replies that make absolutely no sense.

I think it's some sort of secret fraternity and they come back here to post nonsense to mess with people trying to figure it out

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
nada...
i'm stupid or what?

i deleted everything, redid root with masigk (ap patched).
I patched the recovery, flash in AP with vmbeta in CP, bl with the original bl and csc.
I have twrp recovery but the sartphne does not start .. bootloop on the samsung logo.
What am I doing wrong?

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

after doing all of the above, i had got a bootloop.

Sure I have done everything accurately, I tried to make a "format data" confirming with the writing YES from recovery.

At that point I flashed the multidisabler.zip.

I rebooted and finally the phone booted normally, I followed the first boot, language, date and time, etc ...

Now I have installed magisk manager again, from which I got the root (magisk has configured the rootm by rebooting the phone autonomously).

I finished? I have both root and recovery. All right? Can I use the phone and in this case, if I now perform a full backup from twrp recovery, would a subsequent restore from twrp bring me back to the conditions I am in now?

Also, can I use terminal disabler (magisk plugin) now ?.
Thanks for the tips.
bro if you spoke any more in circles I'd think you were physically on the tilt a whirl while doing this

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
I have never ever patched AP in my life... It's the greatest non-sense people ever come up with... Instead you can download patched vbmeta from Corsicanu's website, patch twrp.img, rename it to recovery.img and flash with odin, that's all... Besides, you can find all that info in OP of this thread... Why even bother patching whole AP.... I will never understand that...

Cheers
nooo, don't give a link or a web address lets just state some random website that is not in the sig or shows up in google but say "the key is to go there to get it all done"

Last edited:

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
I have never ever patched AP in my life... It's the greatest non-sense people ever come up with... Instead you can download patched vbmeta from Corsicanu's website, patch twrp.img, rename it to recovery.img and flash with odin, that's all... Besides, you can find all that info in OP of this thread... Why even bother patching whole AP.... I will never understand that...

Cheers
also no you cannot flash any *.img in odin

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
nooo, don't give a link or a web address lets just state some random ****ing website that is not in the sig or shows up in google but say "the key is to go there to get it all done"
yeah, Andrzej is chasing 🐉 🐉🐉 and you figured it out
he's actually using what he proposed, me too and a couple of other people
before making this innocent statements, maybe it's better to check who that person is with his messaging history in xda
I know it's kinda difficult to use search function, but if you try it's a miracle of the world

Reactions: corsicanu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ae08b8N.png

Official TWRP 3.6.1-* For Galaxy S10/e/+/5G
    Only for exynos variants - G970F / G973F / G975F / G977B (Europe - Global, Single/Dual-SIM), G970N / G973N / G975N / G977N (South Korea)
    Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Kernel Features:
    • latest kernel source release
    • disabled uh/defex/proca/knox/rkp/rooting protection/logging/audit/useless features
    • spoofed config for firmware checks
    Recovery Features:
    • built in full 64 mode
    • toybox/busybox support
    • compatible with Android 10.0 and above
    Downloads:
    Instructions:
    Odin (Windows)

Prerequisites: Samsung USB drivers, Odin v3.14.1
    If you already have the bootloader unlocked you can skip to step 6.

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    2. Turn off the phone;
    3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
    4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
      * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
    5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
    6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    7. Turn off the phone;
    8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
      * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
    9. Download appropriate TWRP .tar file according to your device
    10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .tar
    11. Open Odin v3.14.1 and place the downloaded TWRP .tar file in AP tab, downloaded vbmeta .tar file in CP tab and click Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
    !! Only if coming from full stock firmware
    • In TWRP home screen press wipe - format data - yes
    • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.

Heimdall (Linux)
    Install heimdall & additional required packages:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash android-tools-fastboot android-tools-adb libusb-0.1-4 libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev
    If you already have the bootloader unlocked you can skip to step 6.

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    2. Turn off the phone;
    3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
    4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
      * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
    5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
    6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    7. Turn off the phone;
    8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
      * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
    9. Download appropriate TWRP .img file according to your device
    10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .img
    11. Open your preferred terminal in linux and type (replace red lines with the path of downloaded img files):
      Code:
      sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY /path/to/recovery.img --VBMETA /path/to/vbmeta.img
      and press enter - once you press enter grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
    !! Only if coming from full stock firmware
    • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.

TWRP

• Download .img file for your device and install from your current TWRP with Install image - browse to image location and select - Recovery

dd (Requires root)

• Download .img file for your device, place it in the root of your /sdcard folder, rename it to twrp.img then run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:
      Code:
      su
      dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name/recovery
    !! Only if coming from full stock (magisk patched) firmware

Sources:
    Credits:
    • TeamWin, geiti94, jesec, dyneteve, ianmacd, testers, donors and anyone else involved in making this possible
    As always, if you like what i do, you can always send me some pizza/coffee/drugs/drinks or anything else via paypal.me/corsicanu
    Compatibility and changelog:

07.03.2022 - TWRP 3.6.1
    • Security patch: 2022-02-01
    • Compatibility: only GVA*/GVB* firmwares, OneUI 4.0

09.01.2022 - android 12 support
    • Security patch: 2022-01-01
    • Compatibility: only GUL* firmwares, OneUI 4.0
    08.01.2021 - android 11 support
    • Security patch: 2020-12-01
    • Compatibility: only ETL* firmwares, OneUI 3.0
    27.12.2020 - TWRP 3.5.0 bringup - december release
    • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
    09.12.2020 - december release
    • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
    05.12.2020 - Initial release
    • Security patch: 2020-11-01
    • Compatibility: DTJ* firmwares

Misc links:
    Further reading:
    FAQ
    Q: Can i use this recovery with other firmware then mentioned in compatibility?
    A: Only with same Android version and only if you don't plan to boot rooted with TWRP (some kernels deliver root prebuilt in kernel), or Rollback protection will kick in and you won't be able to pass the lockscreen.

Q: Where do i get vbmeta.img?
    A: From here, download the one you need according to install instructions.

Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
    A: Make sure you formatted data partition.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, make sure you flashed multidisabler zip / formatted data partition.

Q: How to format data partition?
    A:
    ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is showing only Samsung logo
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, consider installing an older TWRP build or a more recent firmware. If you still don't succeed, post here some details about your device and previous firmware and we might be able to help.

Q: Why do i need to format data partition?
    A: Because old firmware encrypted your data partition and new rom can't decrypt and use that content / root needs access to data partition to place misc files / phone not booting after flashing root until data partition gets formatted.
    Android 11 TWRP is up already for a while, in case you didn't notice it yet grab it from twrp.me.
    Don't forget to use targeted TWRP for your android version and release, read more about compatibility in second post of this thread.
    Regards!
    TWRP 3.6.0_9-2 is up and it has full A12 support.
    First posts got updated too, i strongly suggest you to use from now on my updated fork of multidisabler for A12 compatibility, code and downloads are available here.

Regards!