[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][3.6.1-x] TWRP for Galaxy S10/e/+/5G Exynos

Search This thread

thetys

Oct 27, 2020
USSD codes not working after rooting.

Anybody else experiencing the same?

Edit: theyre working but have to use the official phone app.

Last edited:

fatjoez

Feb 25, 2011
Is it necessary to install corsicanu bootloader before install this twrp?
Or install first this TWRP then install corsicanu bootloader?

also:
Is it necessary to install the corsicanu bootloader before install blast UI?
Or just the TWRP is enough?

fatjoez

Feb 25, 2011
Also is it possible to change the phone csc by flashing your G970F bootloader on a G970N?

thetys

Oct 27, 2020
I rebooted the phone without passing by recovery and now the phone isnt rooted anymore. Now even if I reboot it by recovery it stays unrooted.

What to do to root it again? Should I re-flash with Odin the Magisk Patched AP file?

Last edited:
I rebooted the phone without passing by recovery and now the phone isnt rooted anymore. No even if I reboot it by recovery it stays unrooted.

What to do to root it again? Should I re-flash with Odin the Magisk Patched AP file?
I have unpacked the Boot.img from AP file and then patch this with Magisk and at last flash this patched Boot.img in TWRP.
But you could try to flash the complete patched AP with Odin. I tried many times without luck.

P.S. for the Boot.img you have unpack the .l4z to .img. Google for the tool.

thetys

Oct 27, 2020
I have unpacked the Boot.img from AP file and then patch this with Magisk and at last flash this patched Boot.img in TWRP.
But you could try to flash the complete patched AP with Odin. I tried many times without luck.

P.S. for the Boot.img you have unpack the .l4z to .img. Google for the tool.
Awesome, Ill give it a try, thanks!

thetys

Oct 27, 2020
Ive tried both and none of them worked. It even went into boot loop after the whole AP reflashing.
This S10 rooting really sucks. Samsung should just tell us if he doesnt want us to root its phones.

lolipa

Jan 4, 2022
Hi all

Here my situation.
I'm in an ofiicial firmware. I already be rooted once, and don't want to be anymore. All i need to do is to modify build.prop, so i can use shealth again. I need to use trwp to modify file for this.
I succesfully installed twrp, but now i can't boot to my system anymore. It keep booting to twrp again and again. I followed the steps like the tuto.

Can someone help ? Thx

Edit : yo, i figured this out. I didn't install multidisabler-samsung-3. But now I have other problems.

1. My phone is not rooted (i already rooted once, then unrooted by flashing official firmware with odin), but I have the same red message when your phone is rooted, saying the phone is not running samsung's officiel firmware.. when the phone is booting. Is that normal ? I don't have this message since i unrooted phone, but only the bootloader unlocked message. Is this may cause a lack of security like when your phone is rooted ?

2. When i try to do a firmware update with the phone, it says registration failed, or something like that, but my phone is not rooted anymore. Is this normal too ?

3. And I have a message when the phone starts, software problem have beed detected. I never had this messafe before, even when I was rooted

Last edited:

udaemon

Aug 11, 2020
hi,
almost a year ago several people reported issues with backing up their data partition, it failed with error code 255:
Hello, I can not backup my phone with latest version twrp-3.5.0_9-2-beyond0lte.img.
Each time it's ended with this error :

createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255
Backup Failed. Cleaning Backup Folder.

Is this error someting related to the installed ROM (Modpunk's LOS)?
(and see the following posts)

I now have TWRP 3.6.0_9-1 installed and still facing the same error.

I tried to backup to internal storage, too, as was suggested by someone but there dwells my second problem:
Code:
Updating partition details...
Error opening: '/data/ota_package' (Permission denied)
Error opening: '/data/property' (Permission denied)
Error opening: '/data/rollback' (Permission denied)

my two questions are:
1. how can error 255 be solved?
2. what can I do to have TWRP granted permissions to my /data partition?
fix permissions (in TWRP)? do I just have to wipe it? then, is there a way to back up my settings?

thanks very much for your help!

Last edited:

BreadsRL

Jun 10, 2016
I am trying to root my Samsung Galaxy s10 plus Exynos version. I was trying a magisk attempt. It was my first time, but it didn't properly install. So I installed an updated firmware from Frija and I saw this tutorial. I was in download mode and wanted to check my RMM and KG state. I didn't see anything about RMM state in there, but for KG State, it mentioned "KG State: Checking...". This kept going for 30 minutes to no result. So, I really don't know if I should attempt to flash TWRP in or should I not risk anything?

Thanks.

dopster

Jul 31, 2020
Someone please help, its stuck here no matter what i do, tried mutlitple verisons of odin and multiple twrp versions it always gets stuck at this exact moment.

Phone in question is S10e with installed lineageos
Screenshot_1.png

dopster

Jul 31, 2020
What do you have in log tab? What does it write on phone screen?
Ugh how silly of that i didnt show the log tab sorry. Its stuck on recovery.img every single time... ill attach whole log in this comment. Also about phone screen nothing is written theres just bar that should be representing status i guess and it gets stuck too

I'm wondering can me having windows 11 cause the problem?

Edit: Just to mention I tried flashing with Heimdall too didnt work... was stuck at 22% before the connection was dropped, I can try again and make a screenshot of log screen in Heimdall in case that can help troubleshoot the problem
Screenshot_2.png

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
Ugh how silly of that i didnt show the log tab sorry. Its stuck on recovery.img every single time... ill attach whole log in this comment. Also about phone screen nothing is written theres just bar that should be representing status i guess and it gets stuck too

I'm wondering can me having windows 11 cause the problem?

Edit: Just to mention I tried flashing with Heimdall too didnt work... was stuck at 22% before the connection was dropped, I can try again and make a screenshot of log screen in Heimdall in case that can help troubleshoot the problem
View attachment 5505071
What cable are you using? If it's type C to type C it might cause these issues. First of all try with another cable, if not then try with another Odin - get 3.14.1 from corsica.nu/odin or eventually try reinstalling drivers - get latest from corsica.nu/drivers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ae08b8N.png

Official TWRP 3.6.1-* For Galaxy S10/e/+/5G
    Only for exynos variants - G970F / G973F / G975F / G977B (Europe - Global, Single/Dual-SIM), G970N / G973N / G975N / G977N (South Korea)
    Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Kernel Features:
    • latest kernel source release
    • disabled uh/defex/proca/knox/rkp/rooting protection/logging/audit/useless features
    • spoofed config for firmware checks
    Recovery Features:
    • built in full 64 mode
    • toybox/busybox support
    • compatible with Android 10.0 and above
    Downloads:
    Instructions:
    Odin (Windows)

Prerequisites: Samsung USB drivers, Odin v3.14.1
    If you already have the bootloader unlocked you can skip to step 6.

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    2. Turn off the phone;
    3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
    4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
      * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
    5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
    6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    7. Turn off the phone;
    8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
      * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
    9. Download appropriate TWRP .tar file according to your device
    10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .tar
    11. Open Odin v3.14.1 and place the downloaded TWRP .tar file in AP tab, downloaded vbmeta .tar file in CP tab and click Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
    !! Only if coming from full stock firmware
    • In TWRP home screen press wipe - format data - yes
    • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.

Heimdall (Linux)
    Install heimdall & additional required packages:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash android-tools-fastboot android-tools-adb libusb-0.1-4 libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev
    If you already have the bootloader unlocked you can skip to step 6.

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    2. Turn off the phone;
    3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
    4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
      * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
    5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
    6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    7. Turn off the phone;
    8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
      * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
    9. Download appropriate TWRP .img file according to your device
    10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .img
    11. Open your preferred terminal in linux and type (replace red lines with the path of downloaded img files):
      Code:
      sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY /path/to/recovery.img --VBMETA /path/to/vbmeta.img
      and press enter - once you press enter grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
    !! Only if coming from full stock firmware
    • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.

TWRP

• Download .img file for your device and install from your current TWRP with Install image - browse to image location and select - Recovery

dd (Requires root)

• Download .img file for your device, place it in the root of your /sdcard folder, rename it to twrp.img then run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:
      Code:
      su
      dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name/recovery
    !! Only if coming from full stock (magisk patched) firmware

Sources:
    Credits:
    • TeamWin, geiti94, jesec, dyneteve, ianmacd, testers, donors and anyone else involved in making this possible
    As always, if you like what i do, you can always send me some pizza/coffee/drugs/drinks or anything else via paypal.me/corsicanu
    Compatibility and changelog:

07.03.2022 - TWRP 3.6.1
    • Security patch: 2022-02-01
    • Compatibility: only GVA*/GVB* firmwares, OneUI 4.0

09.01.2022 - android 12 support
    • Security patch: 2022-01-01
    • Compatibility: only GUL* firmwares, OneUI 4.0
    08.01.2021 - android 11 support
    • Security patch: 2020-12-01
    • Compatibility: only ETL* firmwares, OneUI 3.0
    27.12.2020 - TWRP 3.5.0 bringup - december release
    • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
    09.12.2020 - december release
    • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
    05.12.2020 - Initial release
    • Security patch: 2020-11-01
    • Compatibility: DTJ* firmwares

Misc links:
    Further reading:
    FAQ
    Q: Can i use this recovery with other firmware then mentioned in compatibility?
    A: Only with same Android version and only if you don't plan to boot rooted with TWRP (some kernels deliver root prebuilt in kernel), or Rollback protection will kick in and you won't be able to pass the lockscreen.

Q: Where do i get vbmeta.img?
    A: From here, download the one you need according to install instructions.

Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
    A: Make sure you formatted data partition.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, make sure you flashed multidisabler zip / formatted data partition.

Q: How to format data partition?
    A:
    ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is showing only Samsung logo
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, consider installing an older TWRP build or a more recent firmware. If you still don't succeed, post here some details about your device and previous firmware and we might be able to help.

Q: Why do i need to format data partition?
    A: Because old firmware encrypted your data partition and new rom can't decrypt and use that content / root needs access to data partition to place misc files / phone not booting after flashing root until data partition gets formatted.
    Android 11 TWRP is up already for a while, in case you didn't notice it yet grab it from twrp.me.
    Don't forget to use targeted TWRP for your android version and release, read more about compatibility in second post of this thread.
    Regards!
    TWRP 3.6.0_9-2 is up and it has full A12 support.
    First posts got updated too, i strongly suggest you to use from now on my updated fork of multidisabler for A12 compatibility, code and downloads are available here.

Regards!