[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][3.6.1-x] TWRP for Galaxy S10/e/+/5G Exynos

Search This thread

nufrankz

Dec 16, 2012
Santiago
www.nufrankz.org
Can't seem to install it.
I'm coming from Android 12, flashed through Odin (AP_G975FXXUEGULB_CL23326020_QB47391692_REV01_user_low_ship_meta_OS12.tar.md5).

Following the instructions (booting to bootloader, then in Odin AP -> TWRP, and CP -> vbmeta, Start) and phone says "only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed(recovery)".

Please help :( Thank you!

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
Can't seem to install it.
I'm coming from Android 12, flashed through Odin (AP_G975FXXUEGULB_CL23326020_QB47391692_REV01_user_low_ship_meta_OS12.tar.md5).

Following the instructions (booting to bootloader, then in Odin AP -> TWRP, and CP -> vbmeta, Start) and phone says "only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed(recovery)".

Please help :( Thank you!
That's RMM/KG and clearly you missed reading some instructions.
Flash again full stock fw, boot to system, connect to the internet and set up the phone. Once you do that you'll be able to flash the TWRP and vbmeta tars with Odin.
Regards

suicyko

Aug 23, 2016
Hi.

Since boot and recovery are placed in the same partition, when you flash the .tar twrp image, how to access twrp on reboot and how to reboot in root mode?

Currently I'm patching the AP image with Magisk to have root at boot but I don't see how to alternate twrp and root

I would place TWRP on my phone but i'm afraid to break boot

rugal2401

Jul 25, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
Hi.

Since boot and recovery are placed in the same partition, when you flash the .tar twrp image, how to access twrp on reboot and how to reboot in root mode?

Currently I'm patching the AP image with Magisk to have root at boot but I don't see how to alternate twrp and root

I would place TWRP on my phone but i'm afraid to break boot
  • (Power up normally) → (System with NO Magisk)
  • (Recovery Key Combo) → (Splash screen) → (Release all buttons) → (System with Magisk)
  • (Recovery Key Combo) → (Splash screen) → (Long press volume up) → (Recovery Mode)
  • for more information on how to root follow this guide https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#patching-images

suicyko

Aug 23, 2016
  • (Power up normally) → (System with NO Magisk)
  • (Recovery Key Combo) → (Splash screen) → (Release all buttons) → (System with Magisk)
  • (Recovery Key Combo) → (Splash screen) → (Long press volume up) → (Recovery Mode)
  • for more information on how to root follow this guide https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#patching-images

Hi

Is there a module or an application to avoid this manual combo?
I use Magisk manager to reboot recovery and have root mode.

suicyko

Aug 23, 2016
you will have to reboot to recovery every time you want Magisk enabled.
it means that you need to do Recovery Key Combo → Splash screen → (Release all buttons) → to boot System with Magisk.

Understood !

Now i'm checking if i can un-encrypt my data partition via the settings : i've disable "strong protection" option but i dunno if it's effective.

I'm coming from patched Magisk firmware only , and i think i haven't disabled encryption when i began to use my S10e. it will be great if i could avoid wiping my data partition

rugal2401

Jul 25, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
Understood !

Now i'm checking if i can un-encrypt my data partition via the settings : i've disable "strong protection" option but i dunno if it's effective.

I'm coming from patched Magisk firmware only , and i think i haven't disabled encryption when i began to use my S10e. it will be great if i could avoid wiping my data partition
do you need root or TWRP or both ?

suicyko

Aug 23, 2016
i wanted both ... but /data is encrypted as i saw after flashing twrp .

i had to patch with magisk canary version 23017 to get root instead of 23000 ( flashing twice so )
then testing twrp .. working .. except it reboot always in twrp since i didn't wipe /data and flashed multidisabler.

i roll back to Magisk root only with full reflash patched firmware BL+AP(patched23017)+CP+CSC_HOME

i have to backup data before further actions

rugal2401

Jul 25, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G

i had to patch with magisk canary version 23017 to get root instead of 23000 ( flashing twice so )
then testing twrp .. working .. except it reboot always in twrp since i didn't wipe /data and flashed multidisabler.

i roll back to Magisk root only with full reflash patched firmware BL+AP(patched23017)+CP+CSC_HOME

you can do both but you need to root first with patched AP
then install TWRP with 4th method (dd (Requires root))

Philnicolls89

Jun 28, 2019
A.C.T
Samsung Galaxy S10+

Unfortunately the only way to unencrypt is to do a data format and completely wipe everything.
You could probably keep the encryption and just use an external SD card for all your flashing if you really don't want to loose it.

suicyko

Aug 23, 2016
Unfortunately the only way to unencrypt is to do a data format and completely wipe everything.
You could probably keep the encryption and just use an external SD card for all your flashing if you really don't want to loose it.

I tought about it but i had twrp reboot only, i can't start the system and the settings are never saved this way.
I choose also to boot in recovery via twrp , same i boot back to twrp.

you can do both but you need to root first with patched AP
then install TWRP with 4th method (dd (Requires root))

I dl the tar from twrp website then using Odin with the advices of OP (vbmeta).
Doing dd command is a better option ?

I'm coming from original firmware with magisk root and i update to the latest : G970FXXUEGULB (a12 ui4)

!! Only if coming from full stock firmware

• In TWRP home screen press wipe - format data - yes
  • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.
This part is probably needed in any case.

rugal2401

Jul 25, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
I tought about it but i had twrp reboot only, i can't start the system and the settings are never saved this way.
I choose also to boot in recovery via twrp , same i boot back to twrp.

I dl the tar from twrp website then using Odin with the advices of OP (vbmeta).
Doing dd command is a better option ?

I'm coming from original firmware with magisk root and i update to the latest : G970FXXUEGULB (a12 ui4)

This part is probably needed in any case.
yes i did it with dd command , format data is needed to mount data

missoo

Feb 15, 2022
Hi everyone,

I got a s10e second hand and I am trying to install a custom ROM. First I had to downgrade to android 11 using G970FXXSEFUL1 with Odin 3.14. It worked successfully.

But then, I got a "fail error" (Complete(Write) operation failed) while trying to flash TWRP (I tried 3.3.1 and 3.6, which version is good for android 11?) in Odin with a blue screen on my smartphone "“an error has occured while updating the device software. Use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software”. (I had to reinstall android 11).
Here is what I have done so far. Could you give me any tips to succeed here ? I am quite new to this world...

Instructions:
Odin (Windows)

Prerequisites: Samsung USB drivers, Odin v3.14.1
If you already have the bootloader unlocked you can skip to step 6.

Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
Turn off the phone;
Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
5.** Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!**
Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
Turn off the phone;
Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
10.** If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!**
Download appropriate TWRP .tar file according to your device
Download avb disabled vbmeta .tar
Open Odin v3.14.1 and place the downloaded TWRP .tar file in AP tab, downloaded vbmeta .tar file in CP tab and click Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing

Thanks so much.

Edit: I have KG state=checking and OEM lock : off (u)

Edit 2 : I just succeeded using TWRP version 3.6.0_9-1

Last edited:
Reactions: Philnicolls89

imranzakki

Apr 12, 2016
Lahore
coming from full stock firmware, unlocked bootloader can i flash twrp img?
format data yes ? and flash multidisabler and reboot to recover? if i wrong or correct plz guide. Not need root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ae08b8N.png

Official TWRP 3.6.1-* For Galaxy S10/e/+/5G
    Only for exynos variants - G970F / G973F / G975F / G977B (Europe - Global, Single/Dual-SIM), G970N / G973N / G975N / G977N (South Korea)
    Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Kernel Features:
    • latest kernel source release
    • disabled uh/defex/proca/knox/rkp/rooting protection/logging/audit/useless features
    • spoofed config for firmware checks
    Recovery Features:
    • built in full 64 mode
    • toybox/busybox support
    • compatible with Android 10.0 and above
    Downloads:
    Instructions:
    Odin (Windows)

Prerequisites: Samsung USB drivers, Odin v3.14.1

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    2. Turn off the phone;
    3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
    4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
      * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
    5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
    6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    7. Turn off the phone;
    8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
      * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
    9. Download appropriate TWRP .tar file according to your device
    10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .tar
    11. Open Odin v3.14.1 and place the downloaded TWRP .tar file in AP tab, downloaded vbmeta .tar file in CP tab and click Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
    • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.

Heimdall (Linux)
    Install heimdall & additional required packages:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash android-tools-fastboot android-tools-adb libusb-0.1-4 libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    2. Turn off the phone;
    3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
    4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
      * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
    5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
    6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
    7. Turn off the phone;
    8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
      * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
    9. Download appropriate TWRP .img file according to your device
    10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .img
    11. Open your preferred terminal in linux and type (replace red lines with the path of downloaded img files):
      Code:
      sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY /path/to/recovery.img --VBMETA /path/to/vbmeta.img
      and press enter - once you press enter grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing

TWRP

• Download .img file for your device and install from your current TWRP with Install image - browse to image location and select - Recovery

dd (Requires root)

• Download .img file for your device, place it in the root of your /sdcard folder, rename it to twrp.img then run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:
      Code:
      su
      dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name/recovery
    !! Only if coming from full stock (magisk patched) firmware

Sources:
    Credits:
    • TeamWin, geiti94, jesec, dyneteve, ianmacd, testers, donors and anyone else involved in making this possible
    As always, if you like what i do, you can always send me some pizza/coffee/drugs/drinks or anything else via paypal.me/corsicanu
    Compatibility and changelog:

07.03.2022 - TWRP 3.6.1
    • Security patch: 2022-02-01
    • Compatibility: only GVA*/GVB* firmwares, OneUI 4.0

09.01.2022 - android 12 support
    • Security patch: 2022-01-01
    • Compatibility: only GUL* firmwares, OneUI 4.0
    08.01.2021 - android 11 support
    • Security patch: 2020-12-01
    • Compatibility: only ETL* firmwares, OneUI 3.0
    27.12.2020 - TWRP 3.5.0 bringup - december release
    • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
    09.12.2020 - december release
    • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
    05.12.2020 - Initial release
    • Security patch: 2020-11-01
    • Compatibility: DTJ* firmwares

Misc links:
    Further reading:
    FAQ
    Q: Can i use this recovery with other firmware then mentioned in compatibility?
    A: Only with same Android version and only if you don't plan to boot rooted with TWRP (some kernels deliver root prebuilt in kernel), or Rollback protection will kick in and you won't be able to pass the lockscreen.

Q: Where do i get vbmeta.img?
    A: From here, download the one you need according to install instructions.

Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
    A: Make sure you formatted data partition.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, make sure you flashed multidisabler zip / formatted data partition.

Q: How to format data partition?
    A:
    ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is showing only Samsung logo
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, consider installing an older TWRP build or a more recent firmware. If you still don't succeed, post here some details about your device and previous firmware and we might be able to help.

Q: Why do i need to format data partition?
    A: Because old firmware encrypted your data partition and new rom can't decrypt and use that content / root needs access to data partition to place misc files / phone not booting after flashing root until data partition gets formatted.
    Android 11 TWRP is up already for a while, in case you didn't notice it yet grab it from twrp.me.
    Don't forget to use targeted TWRP for your android version and release, read more about compatibility in second post of this thread.
    Regards!
    TWRP 3.6.0_9-2 is up and it has full A12 support.
    First posts got updated too, i strongly suggest you to use from now on my updated fork of multidisabler for A12 compatibility, code and downloads are available here.

Regards!