[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][3.6.1-x] TWRP for Galaxy S10/e/+/5G Exynos

Search This thread

panomitrius

Oct 15, 2022
I'm having this same issue, but mine doesn't get solved.
Hi everyone,

I got a s10e second hand and I am trying to install a custom ROM. First I had to downgrade to android 11 using G970FXXSEFUL1 with Odin 3.14. It worked successfully.

But then, I got a "fail error" (Complete(Write) operation failed) while trying to flash TWRP (I tried 3.3.1 and 3.6, which version is good for android 11?) in Odin with a blue screen on my smartphone "“an error has occured while updating the device software. Use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software”. (I had to reinstall android 11).
Here is what I have done so far. Could you give me any tips to succeed here ? I am quite new to this world...

Instructions:
Odin (Windows)

Prerequisites: Samsung USB drivers, Odin v3.14.1
If you already have the bootloader unlocked you can skip to step 6.

Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
Turn off the phone;
Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
5.** Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!**
Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
Turn off the phone;
Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
10.** If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!**
Download appropriate TWRP .tar file according to your device
Download avb disabled vbmeta .tar
Open Odin v3.14.1 and place the downloaded TWRP .tar file in AP tab, downloaded vbmeta .tar file in CP tab and click Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing

Thanks so much.

Edit: I have KG state=checking and OEM lock : off (u)

Edit 2 : I just succeeded using TWRP version 3.6.0_9-1

I'm having a Samsung S10e (SM-G970F/DS) with latest stock android installed, and I'm trying to install TWRP using Odin v3.14.1 (also tried using Odin v.3.14.4). I've tried with multiple TWRP versions for beyond0lte (all in img.tar format). I've tried from different pc laptops, with different usb cables (both original samsung and others), from mutiple usb ports, but all give me the same error message: Complete(Write) operation failed. Any ideas how to go about this? It should work, right?

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
I'm having this same issue, but mine doesn't get solved.

I'm having a Samsung S10e (SM-G970F/DS) with latest stock android installed, and I'm trying to install TWRP using Odin v3.14.1 (also tried using Odin v.3.14.4). I've tried with multiple TWRP versions for beyond0lte (all in img.tar format). I've tried from different pc laptops, with different usb cables (both original samsung and others), from mutiple usb ports, but all give me the same error message: Complete(Write) operation failed. Any ideas how to go about this? It should work, right?
Whenever you get that odin error check the phone screen and see what error you get on the phone. Maybe take a picture of everything is written on the screen at that moment.

panomitrius

Oct 15, 2022
Thank you @corsicanu, there's actually an error message that says "Custom Binary(RECOVERY) Blocked by OEM Lock" I made some searches on that and found out that I needed to long press the up button to unlock OEM (although in the stock rom settings menu, it was already displayed as being unlocked). Now I got it to work, but I get warning messages when booting my phone that it's not safe to use, etc. But it seems to work :)

panomitrius

Oct 15, 2022
It worked well! This might not be the completely right thread, but I'm just wondering, since I installed LinageOS which then replaced the TWRP installation with LinageOS Recovery -- is there a way to reinstall TWRP straight from LineageOS without needing to use Odin? Wondering since I don't have easy access to a Windows PC. Or, as a second option, if it's safe to use Heimdall with Linux? I'm careful not to brick the phone.

Last edited:

zogoibi

Aug 18, 2011
TWRP 3.6.0_9-2 is up and it has full A12 support.
First posts got updated too, i strongly suggest you to use from now on my updated fork of multidisabler for A12 compatibility, code and downloads are available here.

Regards!
Hello and thanks for your work.
I'd like to ask a couple of questions:
1.- In your OP says: "Compatibility: only GVA*/GVB* firmwares, OneUI 4.0". How do I check that? I am on Android 12 but I see no such sort of code (like GVA* or similar) anywhere in my "About phone". My baseband is G970FXXSGHVI1. Does that mean my firmware is SGH*, or HVI*, or neither? As to One UI, mine is 4.1. Will your latest TWRP work for my device?
2.- Where do I download your TWRP from? Here? https://eu.dl.twrp.me/beyond0lte/ And should I grab the very latest one, or is it advisable to stick to 3.6.0_9-2?

Thank you in advance.
[EDIT: Removed one question]

Last edited:

zogoibi

Aug 18, 2011
Reboot into recovery from TWRP, Magisk or adb

After successfully rooting (with Magisk-patched stock ROM) and installing Magisk-patched TWRP (following this thread), it turns out I cannot reboot into recovery directly neither from the "reboot to recovery" option within TWRP, nor the similar option within Magisk app, nor the "adb reboot recovery" command. It always boots again into system. I have found out, however, that once I click on "reboot to recovery" (TWRP, Magisk) or issue "adb reboot recovery", then if I keep pressed the Vol+ key the phone finally does enter recovery.

Someone else is having this issue? (Supposing it is at all an issue. After all, it might make sense, since the Magisk-root-magic-hack has "hijacked" for itself, in order to boot rooted, whichever signal was previously needed in order to boot into recovery.)

But if some of you do not experience this, then I must have done something wrong.

OsoAlgo

Dec 31, 2012

After successfully rooting (with Magisk-patched stock ROM) and installing Magisk-patched TWRP (following this thread), it turns out I cannot reboot into recovery directly neither from the "reboot to recovery" option within TWRP, nor the similar option within Magisk app, nor the "adb reboot recovery" command. It always boots again into system. I have found out, however, that once I click on "reboot to recovery" (TWRP, Magisk) or issue "adb reboot recovery", then if I keep pressed the Vol+ key the phone finally does enter recovery.

Someone else is having this issue? (Supposing it is at all an issue. After all, it might make sense, since the Magisk-root-magic-hack has "hijacked" for itself, in order to boot rooted, whichever signal was previously needed in order to boot into recovery.)

But if some of you do not experience this, then I must have done something wrong.
That's how it's always worked, it's even documented like that in topjohnwu's original guide.

Reactions: zogoibi

zogoibi

Aug 18, 2011
That's how it's always worked, it's even documented like that in topjohnwu's original guide.
Maybe I didn't explain myself, English not being my native language. I was not talking about the physical key combo for the different booting options, but about directly rebooting into recovery via adb command or TWRP/Magisk reboot menus. Nowhere in Topjohnwu's guide is stated that those "reboot into recovery" methods do not actually take you to recovery unless you actually press vol+ key during bootup.
In any case, I am glad you confirmed this is the way it should work.

raphkit

Nov 10, 2022
Hi, i flashed /e/ with TWRP like you described it (used Odin / Pc)

1. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
  2. Turn off the phone;
  3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
  4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
    * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
  5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
  6. Make sure OEM Unlock is ON in developer settings;
  7. Turn off the phone;
  8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
    * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
  9. Download appropriate TWRP .tar file according to your device
  10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .tar
  11. Open Odin v3.14.1 and place the downloaded TWRP .tar file in AP tab, downloaded vbmeta .tar file in CP tab and click Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
!! Only if coming from full stock firmware
  • In TWRP home screen press wipe - format data - yes
  • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.
Data Partition formated an flashed the multidisabler to my S10+ Exynos..... everything works fine
except for "USB Preferences" cant change anything, presetted to "no datatransfer"... cant get access to internal Storage, in Developeroptions USB debugging is active, when deactivated, S10+ is found but no access to internal storage....when i get back to recovery TWRP ->Usb internal storage is accessable....after reboot to /e/ no more......any ideas? would like to stick with /e/

Chiosan

Nov 12, 2022
Heyo everyone!

I am trying to install LineageOS 19.1 using TWRP 3.7 on my Samsung s10e.

I unlocked the phone successfully.
I installed TWRP 3.7 successfully.
I make following steps in TWRP recovery (tried in different order)
1) flush Magisk v25.2
2) format data, clearing cache, wiping system partition. all possible options in all possible orders
3) flush "multidisabler-samsung-3.5/3.4"
4) flush LineageOS 19.1 ROM
5) reboot the phone, but new ROM is not loading, but instead of it I get stock ROM loading screen stuck (Samsung Galaxy S10e, Secured by Knox, with red warning in top top side This phone is not running Samsung's official software..."

I tried everything, but it seems like formatting data is failing as I have remains of old stock ROM in place (not deleted fully). someone on reddit said it could be happening because of Knox protection.

any hints on this issue? I'll appreciate any answer, so thank you in advance

P.S. when I flush Magisk it says "stock boot image detected" - is it stock ROM remains Magisk detects?

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
Heyo everyone!

1) flush Magisk v25.2
2) format data, clearing cache, wiping system partition. all possible options in all possible orders
5) reboot the phone, but new ROM is not loading, but instead of it I get stock ROM loading screen stuck (Samsung Galaxy S10e, Secured by Knox, with red warning in top top side This phone is not running Samsung's official software..."

I tried everything, but it seems like formatting data is failing as I have remains of old stock ROM in place (not deleted fully). someone on reddit said it could be happening because of Knox protection.

P.S. when I flush Magisk it says "stock boot image detected" - is it stock ROM remains Magisk detects?
Follow install instructions from lineage thread, whatever is written here as instruction is for installing twrp on top/for stock rom.

lupin57

Oct 7, 2010
Somewhere in France
Heyo everyone!

1) flush Magisk v25.2

Hi bro, ;)

To get root ... I think u need a patched TWRP !
U need it (except if using a custom kernel with Magisk included) cauz u have to boot in recovery to get root access with S10 series devices !

BR

Chiosan

Nov 12, 2022
That's because you flashed multidisabler and after that you went to lineage. Again, please flash full stock rom and only after that follow instructions from lineage.
Regards

I've been trying to flush lineage using official tutorial on full stock rom, before TWRP. I found this topic later and tried it as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ae08b8N.png

Official TWRP 3.6.1-* For Galaxy S10/e/+/5G
    Only for exynos variants - G970F / G973F / G975F / G977B (Europe - Global, Single/Dual-SIM), G970N / G973N / G975N / G977N (South Korea)
    Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Kernel Features:
    • latest kernel source release
    • disabled uh/defex/proca/knox/rkp/rooting protection/logging/audit/useless features
    • spoofed config for firmware checks
    Recovery Features:
    • built in full 64 mode
    • toybox/busybox support
    • compatible with Android 10.0 and above
    Downloads:
    Instructions:
    Odin (Windows)

2. Turn off the phone;
    3. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode;
    4. Long press vol up then confirm you want to unlock bootloader (this is needed one time only);
      * Please be aware all your data will be erased including internal storage and phone will reboot!!
    5. Let the phone boot normally, pass the setup and connect to internet (wireless or mobile data) in order to unlock RMM;
    7. Turn off the phone;
    8. Use vol down + bixby key + usb cable plugged to a pc to start the phone in download mode, short press vol up to confirm you want to go to download mode;
      * If by any chance you see RMM state=Prenormal or KG state=Prenormal, redo from step 5!
    9. Download appropriate TWRP .tar file according to your device
    10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .tar
    11. Open Odin v3.14.1 and place the downloaded TWRP .tar file in AP tab, downloaded vbmeta .tar file in CP tab and click Start - once you press start grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing
    • Download and flash multidisabler-samsung-3.* zip to disable security and encryption.

Heimdall (Linux)
    Install heimdall & additional required packages:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash android-tools-fastboot android-tools-adb libusb-0.1-4 libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev

2. Turn off the phone;
    7. Turn off the phone;
    9. Download appropriate TWRP .img file according to your device
    10. Download avb disabled vbmeta .img
    11. Open your preferred terminal in linux and type (replace red lines with the path of downloaded img files):
      Code:
      sudo heimdall flash --RECOVERY /path/to/recovery.img --VBMETA /path/to/vbmeta.img
      and press enter - once you press enter grab the phone and press vol up + bixby + power to force it boot straight in TWRP after flashing

TWRP

• Download .img file for your device and install from your current TWRP with Install image - browse to image location and select - Recovery

dd (Requires root)

• Download .img file for your device, place it in the root of your /sdcard folder, rename it to twrp.img then run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:
      Code:
      su
      dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name/recovery
    !! Only if coming from full stock (magisk patched) firmware

Sources:
    Credits:
    • TeamWin, geiti94, jesec, dyneteve, ianmacd, testers, donors and anyone else involved in making this possible
    As always, if you like what i do, you can always send me some pizza/coffee/drugs/drinks or anything else via paypal.me/corsicanu
    Compatibility and changelog:

07.03.2022 - TWRP 3.6.1
    • Security patch: 2022-02-01
    • Compatibility: only GVA*/GVB* firmwares, OneUI 4.0

09.01.2022 - android 12 support
    • Security patch: 2022-01-01
    • Compatibility: only GUL* firmwares, OneUI 4.0
    08.01.2021 - android 11 support
    • Security patch: 2020-12-01
    • Compatibility: only ETL* firmwares, OneUI 3.0
    27.12.2020 - TWRP 3.5.0 bringup - december release
    • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
    09.12.2020 - december release
    • Compatibility: only DTK* and DTL* firmwares
    05.12.2020 - Initial release
    • Security patch: 2020-11-01
    • Compatibility: DTJ* firmwares

Misc links:
    Further reading:
    FAQ
    Q: Can i use this recovery with other firmware then mentioned in compatibility?
    A: Only with same Android version and only if you don't plan to boot rooted with TWRP (some kernels deliver root prebuilt in kernel), or Rollback protection will kick in and you won't be able to pass the lockscreen.

Q: Where do i get vbmeta.img?
    A: From here, download the one you need according to install instructions.

Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
    A: Make sure you formatted data partition.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, make sure you flashed multidisabler zip / formatted data partition.

Q: How to format data partition?
    A:
    ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is showing only Samsung logo
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, consider installing an older TWRP build or a more recent firmware. If you still don't succeed, post here some details about your device and previous firmware and we might be able to help.

Q: Why do i need to format data partition?
    A: Because old firmware encrypted your data partition and new rom can't decrypt and use that content / root needs access to data partition to place misc files / phone not booting after flashing root until data partition gets formatted.
    Android 11 TWRP is up already for a while, in case you didn't notice it yet grab it from twrp.me.
    Don't forget to use targeted TWRP for your android version and release, read more about compatibility in second post of this thread.
    Regards!
    TWRP 3.6.0_9-2 is up and it has full A12 support.
    First posts got updated too, i strongly suggest you to use from now on my updated fork of multidisabler for A12 compatibility, code and downloads are available here.

Regards!