• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][chiron] TWRP 3.2.2-1 for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Search This thread

blankaf

Apr 28, 2015
Team Win Recovery Project

WHAT IS TWRP?

Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
In case you're serious, though...

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.

Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/

DOWNLOAD:
1) Install the TWRP app from the Play Store or grab the apk from our website
2) Open the app, agree to the terms, and enable root access
3) Select TWRP Flash
4) Search for your device and select the version you wish to download
5) Once the download is complete, select the file (it's usually in your downloads folder) and then Flash Recovery
OR:
Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed
1) Download the latest version from our website on your device
2) Reboot to TWRP
3) Hit Install and tap the "Images..." button in the lower right
4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash
OR:
You can find more information and download links on our website.

FEATURES:
  • FBE Decryption support
  • MTP support
  • ADB root

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

CONTRIBUTIONS:
Gerrit for TWRP: http://gerrit.omnirom.org/
Gerrit for officially supported devices: http://gerrit.twrp.me/

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Contributors
blankaf, TheStrix

Version Information

Created 2018-04-21
Last Updated 2018-07-08

e.roc

Jun 16, 2014
Hi all,

a Big thanks to TeamWin to make an official recovery.
I installed the recovery over the twrp by raupe, as i try to make a backup i go the following meassages in red:
Unable to locate ´/modem´partition for backup calculations
Unable to locate ´/splash´partition for backup calculations
Unable to locate ´/tz´partition for backup calculations

I guess it can´t be good to backup an get red notes
Any idea what does that means?

e.roc

DICKO1984

May 12, 2017
Hi all,

I installed the recovery over the twrp by raupe, as i try to make a backup i go the following meassages in red:

e.roc
Did you reboot on twrp first and try to backup After

e.roc

Jun 16, 2014
Did you reboot on twrp first and try to backup After

i did, this messages showed up again.
But now, after i took the checkmark for backing up the system-image away this messeges dissapeared and no other red notes till the backup finished.
After this backup i include the system-image and ,surprise, no red notes anymore.
It looks like everything runs well now, i´m only wondering why this notes appears in the first place.

e.roc

Hi all,

e.roc

I think these messages are shown because of the settings of my unoffical TWRP that are stored in .twrp settings file.
Just delete that file and reboot twrp. Apply your settings again and you should be done.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

OR:

FEATURES:
  • FBE Decryption support
  • MTP support
  • ADB root

Contributors
blankaf, TheStrix

Hey @blankaf, @TheStrix,

glad you made an official TWRP.

As you have integrated an prebuild kernel I would be pleased to know how you compiled it?
What options/modules have you used? Whats the content of your manifest file(s)?
Is there an possibility to rework your build (and make little modifications)? :)

Again questions, questions, questions - thanks for your support!

Reactions: Greek13

Gingernut78

Sep 17, 2011
I think these messages are shown because of the settings of my unoffical TWRP that are stored in .twrp settings file.
Just delete that file and reboot twrp. Apply your settings again and you should be done.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

OR:

FEATURES:
  • FBE Decryption support
  • MTP support
  • ADB root

Contributors
blankaf, TheStrix

Hey @blankaf, @TheStrix,

glad you made an official TWRP.

As you have integrated an prebuild kernel I would be pleased to know how you compiled it?
What options/modules have you used? Whats the content of your manifest file(s)?
Is there an possibility to rework your build (and make little modifications)? :)

Again questions, questions, questions - thanks for your support!

If you take a look at his git you'll see that he used the Mi6 twrp base with some changes for the Mi Mix 2.

If you take a look at his git you'll see that he used the Mi6 twrp base with some changes for the Mi Mix 2.

I know ;)

Therefore i aksked for the complete manaifest content. You can't build TWRP with only the device repo as single information.
Inaddition a precompiled kernel was used and i like to reproduce how it was build.

PeppeCNN

Jan 28, 2018
Hi!
Maybe someone can help me, i moved from raupe's twrp to official one. I tried to flash global dev MIUI from xiaomi.eu, but always goes in bootlop. i tried with both twrp but nothing...what can do?

Carlosk1966

Feb 22, 2015
TWRP Password

Hallo.
I have official TWRP and Omni ROM. Before i flash last version i format data and wipe every thing.
When i boot to TWRP, need to enter password for Decrypt Data, if i have password for phone.
If i do not have password for phone, then no need for password in TWRP.
Is this normal?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

WHAT IS TWRP?

Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
    In case you're serious, though...

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
    It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.

Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/

DOWNLOAD:
    1) Install the TWRP app from the Play Store or grab the apk from our website
    2) Open the app, agree to the terms, and enable root access
    3) Select TWRP Flash
    4) Search for your device and select the version you wish to download
    5) Once the download is complete, select the file (it's usually in your downloads folder) and then Flash Recovery
    OR:
    Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed
    1) Download the latest version from our website on your device
    2) Reboot to TWRP
    3) Hit Install and tap the "Images..." button in the lower right
    4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
    5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash
    OR:

FEATURES:
    • FBE Decryption support
    • MTP support
    • ADB root

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

CONTRIBUTIONS:
    Gerrit for TWRP: http://gerrit.omnirom.org/
    Gerrit for officially supported devices: http://gerrit.twrp.me/

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Contributors
    blankaf, TheStrix

Version Information

Created 2018-04-21
    Last Updated 2018-07-08
    As treble will be available in today's LOS build I have gone ahead and enabled support for the vendor partition in the latest official TWRP.
    twrp-3.2.2-1-chiron.img
    Hello @blankaf and @TheStrix

I tried to rebuild your TWRP with the information provided here in the thread.
    I was successful somehow ...
    ... build TWRP runs smooth and TWRP was booting fine but the self built recovery was not able to decrypt the MIUI ROM based data partition (created with ROM miui_MIMIX2Global_8.4.19_fa49b22402_8.0.zip).

This was a bit surprising because the downloaded official TWRP was able to decrypt MIUI.
    I did some investigation an found that several files differ.
    This is absolutely reasonable for some files (bacause of different folder locations thy reference to and so on) but for some it's not.

My special attention is for files as follows:
    • ramdisk\init
    • ramdisk\file_contexts.bin
    • all listed files in ramdisk\sbin folder (see sceenshot/attached file)

I would be kindly ask you to publish the manifest files that have been used to build the TWRP that has a working encryption.
    If possible the command that has been used to init the repo would also be very helpful.

Possibly my build environment has to many/wrong other projects activated that prevents me from building an recovery with working en-/decryption - your information could to an successful bug hunting ;)

Thanks in advance!
    Thank you, mate. My problems started after trying to mount partition. Something went very wrong and I lost access to data partition and phone entered into a boot loop. So, I had to recover via fastboot (wipe didn't worked) but since Xiaomi has not pushed fastboot packages for Android 9 yet, I had to perform a full restore with previous beta (9.4.25) that has some kind of incompatibility at partition level.
    So, currently, I've a pretty Mi Mix 2 half bricked (I can boot, but UI fails constantly due to some problems in order to write in vendor partition). That's the problem when you are the first to test! :D

Good to see that xiaomi.eu has been released a new version. If I install this ROM I will be probably able to recover phone until Xiaomi launches official fastboot packages with Android 9 support....

Attached to that post you'll find a TWRP installable script that adds encryption to xiaomi.eu ROMs that are Android 8 based.
    It may worth a shot if you have a backup in place that contains the system partition (because the script I've posted changes the partition decryption values).

I've successfully used this script for Android 8.0 based xiaomi.eu ROMs to preserve my encrypted volumes (xiaomi.eu did not support them out of the box).

UPDATE1
    ATTENTION: Attachment removed because ist uses old folder/link layout - new !working! version will be posted after mirgation test (fresh, crypted install is possible - I'm testing a migration from unencrypted to encrypted this moment)

UPDATE2
    Migration test was not successful :-/
    Therefore backup all your Apps & Data with your preferred backup Tool within running Android and restore them after fresh install.
    I'll write a short tutorial in a new post after restore test is completed
    I have the unofficial by raupe, can i upgrade in twrp with .img without any problem? Or will format my data partition?
    thanks

I did it without any problem