[RECOVERY] Official CWM 3.2.0.1 Update (Support for newer NCs!)

Search This thread

patruns

May 30, 2011
Hi, i gut bad luck and need CWM to save photo game cache etc, but the version i use doesnt support backup to SD Card.

I have gt-i9100_clockworkmod-recovery_4.0.0.2 , dunno if its 4.0.02.
Your page says 3.2.0.1 and iv read about 5.0.2.7 so im little confused?

As of now, i just need the ability to backup to SD Card so i dont lose everything on the damn phone.

My Thread is here (unanswerd) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1391040

This is a Nook Color forum. Is that what you have?

toxicstone

Mar 10, 2010
Malmö/Staffanstorp
Im really sorry, always look so i dont get to the wrong section, but have been so busy with trying to fix my problem all day.
Will try to find the answer somehow.

Sorry for the OT.

primetime34

Jul 18, 2011
I am trying to flash CM Recovery onto the Nook Color but I keep getting a "Error while downloading from server. Please make sure that you have a stable internet connection and that your SD card is inserted and has space". I have a stable internet connection and my SD card is now empty. Why is this happening? I just did this on a different Nook Color last week with no problems...

ssconceptz

Oct 2, 2008
Texas
Please help me understand the usefulness of a post about CWM that doesn't have any links to the CWM files?

Can someone please link them?

ssconceptz

Oct 2, 2008
Texas
Sorry I found them already thanks. Just think the link to where to download them in the OP would be awesome. Not everyone has access to Rom Manager.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Skorpion56

Aug 13, 2010
Lawrence
Without having already flashed CWM this thread/post doesnt make it very clear. Any pointers as what to do first with a fresh NC1.4 straight outta the box. Thanks..

rnclock

Dec 24, 2010
Without having already flashed CWM this thread/post doesnt make it very clear. Any pointers as what to do first with a fresh NC1.4 straight outta the box. Thanks..

If you are talking about rooting a new NC, then you need to read the other threads based on what type of method/rom you want to use. I personally use CM7 on eMMC (installed to internal system on NC with no SD card required for boot). Here is the start thread on that: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1030227

But make sure to look at the different methods to ensure you are getting what you want/expect from rooting the NC.

Reactions: Skorpion56

Skorpion56

Aug 13, 2010
Lawrence
Thank a bunch! For someone coming on here with a NC, the steps involved are about the most unorganized ive ever seen on XDA! And yes, I do want to run CM7 (whichever can get me running a basic Android setup w/ Amazon apps and market) that is stable and i can update without doing major surgery... Ive been rooting/flashing phones for years and fairly proficient.

IVIatticus

Jan 18, 2010
Chicago
This guy brought me his Nook Color that he tried to put CM7 on, but it wouldn't work. I spent a couple hours trying to get it to work. Turns out, he didn't have the updated CWM, I couldn't even get the thing back to stock. I finally figured out how to make an updated bootable SD card with 3.2.0.1 by searching all over hell, but it really sucks that the only instructions in here say go to ROM manager and install from there. He claims that his SD card worked fine to install CM7 on another nook, but I have my doubts.

These are the instructions that I followed to make a new SD card.

Once I did that, I had it up and running in about 5 minutes. I wanted to do it from the start, but he insisted. I knew better than to listen to him.

Reactions: aacero and Jiv_au

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWM has been updated officialy to 3.2.0.1! See the Changelog and FAQ below for more information!

Changelog:
    • 3.0.0.5 - Initial official release for the nook. Only supported ext3. Had bootloop errors with the 1.1.0 update. (Note: Unofficial builds supported ext4 but not both at the same time)
    • 3.0.0.6 - No significant changes to 3.0.0.5 officially. (Note: Unofficial builds supported ext3 or ext4 but not both at the same time)
    • 3.0.0.8 - Broken build. Blame the samsung phones for messed up additions.
    • 3.0.0.9 - Adds official support for ext4 as well as compatability for ext3. (i.e. No need to swap recovery for different ROMs). Fixes "Always boots into recovery" with 1.1.0 updated u-boot.bin
    • 3.0.1.0 - Adds support to for /sd-ext to recovery.
    • 3.0.2.8 - Sets /system to ext2. You can now backup and restore your stock roms! Delete/Update all 3.0.0.5 threads to point to 3.0.2.8 for all rom types. Rom Manager now pushes a recovery kernel as well as the ramdisk!! No need to manually install recovery kernel. Just flash the lastest from RomManager and you are done!
    • 3.2.0.0 - Support for newer nooks with the 5G /data parition! New .32 kernel is included which fixes the freezing after formatting /data! (/data format issues. Don't Use)
    • 3.2.0.1 - Fixes a bug with 3.2.0.0 (actually a build issue) where ext3 (/data and /cache) wouldn't be formatted properly (they were but CWM was bombing out)
      *Recommended *

RomManager can now push the recovery kernel. No need to manually install via CWM or ADB! Flash from RomManager and rock and roll.

Q: Why should I upgrade?
    As of the official version 3.0.0.9 there CWM supports both ext3 and ext4 ROMs with a single recovery image. This means no more of this swapping back and forth between different versions of CWM! 3.0.2.8 sets /system to ext2 to allow for proper backing up and restoring of stock roms!

This version also fixes issues with the 1.1.0 version of u-boot.bin. Some with this version may experience that your NookColor will always boot back into RomManager. This is now fixed (as of 3.0.0.9)

Q: But I have CWM <insert older version> I am good right?
    Always use the latest found on this post or on RomManager. Older version are not supported

Q: I used RomManager to install CWM but now i can't use backup or restore
    This should be fixed. Report any issues to me either on this thread or via PM

Q: I upgraded CWM and now my market doesn't work.
    Installing CWM doesn't alter any rom or data files which shouldn't have any affect on recovery. There is something else that may have affected your market.

No worries though you can try the following to try and fix it:

• If you are using CM7. Upgrade to the latest nightly (which will be after tonight: 3/3)
    • Try clearing the following: For "My Apps," go to manage apps, market, uninstall updates, clear market cache. Then delete data for Google Framework Services.

Q: I have upgraded but now I am having issues?
    So some of you are still having issues with this new CWM version. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me the following information:

• What you are trying to do/accomplish. Be as detailed as possible
    • What rom you are running and what rom you are upgrading to (if applicable)
    • IMPORTANT! Grab a recovery.log from your nookcolor. You can do this either through adb or through the advanced menu. If I don't have this then there is little I can help with.

Q: How do i grab the recovery.log?
    Method 1: ADB
    After setting up adb type:

Code:
    adb pull /tmp/recovery.log

You are done. (This is why everyone should learn and setup ADB. It really is stupid simple)

Method 2: Save from the menu
    From the ClockworkMod Recovery main screen do the following

1. Select 'Advanced'
    2. Select 'Report Error'
    3. There is now a copy of recovery.log on your sdcard. Transfer the sdcard to a computer or boot into your rom and mount your sdcard on your computer.
    Flashable zip for version 3.0.1.0

I made something for those that don't want to mess with adb and mounting partitions:

http://muffinworld.net/android/nookcolor/clockwork/cwmr_3.0.1.0.zip

Flash this using your current CWMR (either eMMC or bootable SD version will work). It will put the latest recovery image + kernel on your eMMC boot partition. You can launch to it as normal by choosing reboot to recovery in CM7 or by holding NOOK button + PWR at boot.

-Muffin
    Ok, here's a guide to flash CWM 3.0.1.0 onto the eMMC.

1: If you do not have any version of CWM on your eMMC. Meaning you never EVER installed it ever.
    Step 1: create a bootable CWM SD-card. It doesn't matter what version of CWM. You can use the images from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=922870
    Step 2: Download the Flashable .zip of CWM 3.0.1.0 from the first post of this thread.
    Step 3: Copy said .zip file onto the root dir. of your bootable CWM SD-card
    Step 4: Boot to SD-card
    Step 5: Flash the .zip file
    Done

2: If you have installed a previous version of CWM on your eMMC (such as 3.0.0.6) or tried to install CWM via Rom-manager, again on your eMMC. And now you cannot boot into CWM via pwr+home. OR when you boot the eMMC(internal) and have anything other than 'touch the future of reading' as the first splash screen.
    Step 1: Have a bootable CWM SD-card, any version will work.
    Step 2: Get the recovery repair flashable .zip from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=958748
    Step 3: Boot to SD-card
    Step 4: Flash recovery repair .zip

3: If 2 did not work for you. AKA you still cannot boot into CWM on the eMMC with pwr+home.
    Step 1: Have a bootable CWM SD-card, any version will work
    Step 2: Get the CWM root-safe removal tool from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=914690
    Step 3: Get the CWM 3.0.1.0 flashable .zip from the first post of this thread.
    Step 4: Get the kernel for your specific system from dalingrin's thread, which is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=925451
    Step 5: boot CWM SD-card
    Step 6: Flash CWM root-safe removal tool
    Step 7: Flash CWM 3.0.1.0 .zip
    Step 8: Flash your specific kernel you got on step 4.
    Step 9: Reboot

2 and 3 also will fix most 'stuck at 'n' screen' and 'stuck at 'touch the future of reading''

I hope this clears everything up.
    I was running Honeycomb V4, and installed this, then switched over to Nookie Froyo just to get easy root so Rom Manager could run. I cannot for the life of me seem to get into Recovery. I've tried:

1) Manual flash from the OP
    2) Boot w/ Power + n key (I think this is right)
    3) Switch to Nookie Froyo, Rom Manager ran fine, Reboot into manual recovery and "Install ROM" both did nothing. (just rebooted back into Nookie) Booting with Power + n also isn't doing anything.

Am I missing some really obvious step?

It seems that some people may have replaced their u-boot.bin at some point to a version that will not boot into recovery.

Try grabbing a u-boot.bin from the official 1.1.0 update and use adb to push that to your /boot partition.
    And where do I push it? I can't find a boot directory when browsing my phone with adb.

The first post has the code to mount the boot partition. Then just push the u-boot.bin over.

EDIT: try
    Code:
    adb shell busybox mount / -o rw,remount
    adb shell busybox mkdir /boot
    adb shell busybox mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /boot
    adb pull /boot/u-boot.bin u-boot.bin.bak
    adb push u-boot.bin /boot/u-boot.bin
    adb shell busybox umount /boot