[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL]OrangeFox Recovery Project [R11.0]

Search This thread

skyleet

Nov 14, 2016
Jaipur
OnePlus 8 Pro
You can't - and you really shouldn't try to. What's wrong with reinstalling magisk and modules?
But it'll clear all app data, yt settings and offline videos. I have to wait for 5 minutes keeping a finger on volume up and eye on screen to prevent this. Is there any way to remove reboot from end of ota script.
Anyways, not a serious problem. Thanks for the awesome recovery. :)

jwchips

Apr 16, 2007
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Thanks for the log. I can't comment on Android P.

There are clearly issues with multi-boot, but I don't believe that mido is an officially supported multi-boot device (i.e., at the device level). If I am correct in thinking this, then it means that any implementation of multi-boot on mido is a hack. In any case, the logs give an indication of where to look.

PS: are you trying to install the second ROM to the "A" partition, or the "B" partition?

I think there's been a mix up here. A/B partitions and seamless updates is a new-ish mechanism for updating *the same ROM*. 'multi-boot' refers to the use of DualBootPatcher, a third party app that lets you install *different ROMs* and switch between them. Hope this helps =)

Kameo

Jul 17, 2010
Weird thing happening to me.
I was on crdroid and decided to give another rom a try, so backup up the usual partitions (system, data, boot, logo) and flashed my new rom.
I didn't liked it so i restored my previous backup and now... i'm stuck at the lockscreen because my unlock pattern is not recognized (i always use the same one).
Did it happened to anyone before ? Did i miss to backup/restore a specific partitions ?

Edit: I can't unlock it with the fingerprint either, really weird, as if it's not working.

rwxr-xr-xis

Apr 9, 2015
I'm having a issue with R5.1, after flashing it /data became unmountable on TWRP, even after flashing another recovery that isn't Orange Fox.

Edit: flashing the beta zip from my sdcard fixed it

Last edited:

Kameo

Jul 17, 2010
Just a head up to my issue with the lockscreen pattern not being recognized (despite it beeing the correct one !).

I just booted into recovery, installed aroma.filemanager, and used it to browse to data/system to delete 3 files in order to bypass the pattern lock.
I think that you can also achieve it by using adb but i was bored and went the easy way.

Here are the 3 files to delete:
/data/system/locksettings.db
/data/system/locksettings.db-shm
/data/system/locksettings.db-wal

DarthJabba9

May 5, 2014
Greater London
Just a head up to my issue with the lockscreen pattern not being recognized (despite it beeing the correct one !).

I just booted into recovery, installed aroma.filemanager, and used it to browse to data/system to delete 3 files in order to bypass the pattern lock.
I think that you can also achieve it by using adb but i was bored and went the easy way.

Here are the 3 files to delete:
/data/system/locksettings.db
/data/system/locksettings.db-shm
/data/system/locksettings.db-wal
Or you can just go to the OrangeFox menu, and tap on "Del ROM Pass" ;)

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

Weird thing happening to me.
I was on crdroid and decided to give another rom a try, so backup up the usual partitions (system, data, boot, logo) and flashed my new rom.
I didn't liked it so i restored my previous backup and now... i'm stuck at the lockscreen because my unlock pattern is not recognized (i always use the same one).
Did it happened to anyone before ? Did i miss to backup/restore a specific partitions ?

Edit: I can't unlock it with the fingerprint either, really weird, as if it's not working.
Always remove passwords/fingerprint - before making backups, or you will always have this problem when you restore the backup.

Kameo

Jul 17, 2010
Damn, i feel dumb. I never went into that kind of issues (yet an android veteran), glad to see there's such an option.
Thank you for your help.

Mister-v

Dec 12, 2012
Hi,
I flashed R6 because I faced the encryption bug on TWRP but I can't seem to find sideloading. Is it not supported by this recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OrangeFox R11.1 Stable released

I have released OrangeFox R11.1 Stable.

Downloads:
    OrangeFox download site: https://orangefox.download/device/mido

Changelog for R11.1: https://wiki.orangefox.tech/changelog

FAQ and Guides: https://wiki.orangefox.tech/en/guides

Donations:
    Support the OrangeFox Project by donating at our OpenCollective page.
    Does the option "include system in OTA survival" mean that any folders, subfolders, files... in /system will stay untouched when flashing an OTA-update? ...
    No. What it means is that the system partition will be included in the OTA backups made immediately after the ROM is flashed (and restored immediately before the OTA update is applied). The purpose is to ensure that OTA updates do not reject the system on grounds of checksum mismatches.
    OrangeFox Recovery Project
    logo.jpg
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    OrangeFox is FREE SOFTWARE

Supports Treble, Miui, Custom Roms

Credits
    * TeamWin - for TWRP
    * The OrangeFox Team - for your hard work
    * All our testers - for your patience and help

FEATURES:
    * Updated with latest TWRP commits
    * Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
    * Built-in support for installing Magisk
    * AromaFM
    * Flashlight
    * Password, torch, led
    * Support for Miui and Custom ROMs
    * Superb new UI and themes
    * OrangeFox theme engine:
    - choice of theme (black, dark, etc)
    - choice of color scheme
    - choice of splash screen
    * Alternative lockscreen
    * And many more!

DOWNLOADS
    OrangeFox download site
    : https://orangefox.download/device/mido
    Sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/orangefox/files/mido/

INSTALLATION
    1. Download the OrangeFox zip to your device
    2. Reboot to your existing OrangeFox (or other custom TWRP-based) Recovery
    3. Install the OrangeFox zip as a normal zip installer
    4. The device will automatically reboot into OrangeFox recovery after installation (allow this to happen)
    5. Enjoy!

FAQ and Guides: https://wiki.orangefox.tech/en/guides

XDA:DevDB Information
    OrangeFox Recovery Project, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    MrYacha, DarthJabba9
    Source Code: https://gitlab.com/OrangeFox

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: R11.0
    Stable Release Date: 2020-07-19

Created 2018-04-10
    Last Updated 2020-07-25
    OrangeFox R7
    * Supports MIUI, Non-Treble, Treble, GSI!

ChangeLog:
    * Upstreamed TWRP to 3.2.3!
    * Added support to installing MIUI after Treble ROM
    * [mido] Upstreamed sources to Oreo (Android 8.1).
    * [mido] Installing Android 9 (Pie) fixed.
    * Partition table updated.
    * Hide persist, you still can backup, restore.
    * Added flashing cust image.
    * Transparent decryption of encrypted data.
    * Improved identification of Treble and miui ROMs.
    * Improved support for automatic rebooting to recovery after installation of OrangeFox.
    * Improved support for disabling dm-verity and forced encryption.
    * Improved support for MIUI OTA.
    * Magisk updated | Remove Magisk Updated.
    * Now using standard tools for unpacking and repacking images
    * Auto enable ADB and ADB Sideload button.

Gui changelog:
    - More optimizations and cleanup.
    - Deleted unused pages.
    - New reboot menu.
    - GUI options placed in other menu.
    - Moved communitу scripts to Fox Menu.
    - Non UI settings moved to settings page and "fox_menu2" | unused hidden.
    - Dark Transparent background for quick settings & btnreboot & btnadvanced pages.
    - New splash | Now splash shows current build and TWRP version.
    - Fixed button icons mode (fixed dot in left-top).
    - Added new icons to "button icons mode".
    - Added new advanced menu for "button icons mode".
    - Fixed bug with tab when backup keyboard opened.
    - Miui settings now have a dedicated page | buttons to activate OTA with recommended settings and to disable OTA settings | Help page.
    - Deleted the "Special Actions" page.
    - OrangeFox theme engine!:
    * Changing themes and colors "hotplug" without reboot!
    * All UI Settings moved to new page in OrangeFox UI Center.
    * Custom splash moved to OrangeFox UI Center.
    * Now header shows current status.

* Updated Russian, Ukranian, Indonesian, French, Chineese, Japanse translation.
    * A large number of little code optimisations, bug fixes, etc.
    ------------------:
    Our group - https://t.me/joinchat/HNZTNky4zkpWc7na_-Beow
    Our channel - https://t.me/OrangeFoxRecovery
    Download - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J1TG1nPS96y--DyO8gJetjz9KAO_C50k
    ------------------:
    OrangeFox

FAQ:

1. INSTALLING ORANGEFOX RECOVERY FROM STOCK MIUI RECOVERY (adb/fastboot method):
    You need a PC for this. If you do not have a PC, or access to a PC, then you are stuck!

1. Install adb, fastboot, and the relevant USB drivers onto your PC
    2. Install the Mi Flash tool onto your PC
    3. Download the OrangeFox zip file to your phone, and to your PC
    4. Extract recovery.img from the OrangeFox zip file, and copy recovery.img to your PC’s adb directory
    5. Reboot your phone into fastboot/bootloader mode
    6. Unlock your bootloader
    7. Open up a command line window on your PC
    8. Change to the adb directory on your PC
    9. “Hotboot” OrangeFox by running the command:
    Code:
    fastboot boot recovery.img
    10. After OrangeFox has booted up, check that everything is working – eg, that it has mounted the data partition successfully, and that the touchscreen works.
    11. Select “Install”, then find and select the OrangeFox zip, and swipe to install it
    12. After installation, the phone will automatically reboot into OrangeFox
    13. If your installed ROM is MIUI, then you can optionally go to the OrangeFox menu and install magisk or supersu
    14. Enjoy!

2. SETTING UP MIUI OTA:
    1. Download the most up-to-date release of OrangeFox Recovery
    2. Download a full MIUI ROM that will be the basis of your future MIUI experience, and copy it to your phone’s storage
    3. Flash the OrangeFox Recovery zip with your current custom recovery (or follow the steps in the thread for installing from adb/fastboot)
    4. Reboot into OrangeFox Recovery (this will have happened automatically if you flashed the OrangeFox zip)
    5. Go to the OrangeFox settings, and enable these MIUI OTA settings -
    a. Support MIUI incremental OTA
    b. Include system in OTA survival
    c. Incremental OTA signature verification
    d. Aggressive stock recovery deactivation
    e. Disable DM-Verity
    7. Go to the “Wipe” menu, and wipe data, cache, and dalvik
    8. Flash your full MIUI ROM. After the ROM is flashed, OrangeFox will start the "OTA_BAK" process, which will backup your system and boot partitions into the /sdcard/Fox/OTA directory. You must NOT delete any of the files in the /sdcard/Fox/OTA directory. If you do, then incremental OTA updates will most definitely fail.
    9. Reboot your phone, and start to use your phone normally
    10. When MIUI notifies you that there is an update, download the update, using the MIUI updater app, and allow it to reboot automatically to OrangeFox
    11. OrangeFox will install the update automatically (this might take several minutes)
    12. OrangeFox will reboot the phone automatically upon completion of the installation of the MIUI OTA update
    13. After this, you will not need to flash a full ROM any more - just follow the steps in #10 above
    14. If you want to move to a completely different version/build of MIUI, then you will first need to clean-flash the full ROM of that MIUI build, as described above.

3. RETURNING TO A MIUI ROM FROM A TREBLE ROM:
    A. Treble ROMs use MIUI’s “cust” partition for their vendor image. This process removes the Xiaomi proprietary files that are necessary for MIUI to run. These files must be restored, otherwise MIUI will not work properly.
    B. For this purpose, the cleanest and easiest way to return to MIUI from a Treble ROM is to flash a full fastboot MIUI ROM, using the Mi Flash tool.
    C. If you did not create a backup of your MIUI cust partition to MicroSD or USB-OTG before installing a Treble ROM, then you must use the method just described above.
    D. If you DID create a backup of your MIUI cust partition (in the newest versions of OrangeFox, this would be the “vendor” partition – it points to the same location as “cust”) to MicroSD or USB-OTG, then you can use OrangeFox to install MIUI when coming from a Treble ROM - but you have to take certain steps:
    1) Backup your internal memory to an external device (eg, MicroSD, USB-OTG, or your PC). DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!
    2) Copy the latest stable MIUI ROM to your MicroSD or USB-OTG storage
    3) Boot OrangeFox
    4) Make sure that OrangeFox can read your MicroSD or USB-OTG storage, and can see the MIUI ROM that you copied there. This is the ROM that you will install in the steps below.
    5) Select the “Wipe” menu and wipe everything - system, dalvik, cache, vendor, etc (except MicroSD/USB-OTG)
    6) Format data (“format” - not “wipe”) - you will lose all the contents of your internal memory after doing this
    7) Reboot OrangeFox - you will see a message saying “No OS installed …” - just swipe to reboot OrangeFox
    8) Restore the backup of your MIUI cust partition (in the latest releases of OrangeFox, this will need to be restored to the "vendor" partition)
    9) Flash your MIUI ROM
    10) Reboot to system, and wait for a long time ...
    11) When ready, restore your backup of your internal memory from your external storage device.

4. FLASHING ROMS:
    Flashing a ROM is usually a straightforward process. You can either do a "clean" flash, or a "dirty" flash.

First things:
    1. Do NOT flash a ROM in a queue with other zips. Always flash a ROM on its own, and when flashing is completed, reboot OrangeFox, before doing anything else.
    2. If you ever wipe the /vendor partition (when you are preparing to flash a ROM), then you must first reboot OrangeFox - before flashing the ROM (that is - if you want OrangeFox to patch dm-verity and forced-encryption successfully).
    3. Please note that, if you do not follow both of the above instructions, and you encounter problems afterwards (which you definitely will), I will not answer any questions.

A. "Clean flashing" (Strongly recommended)
    1) Backup your applications, settings, SMS messages, call logs, etc Do NOT skip this step.
    2) Bootup OrangeFox Recovery
    3) Select "Wipe"
    4) Swipe to reset to defaults (this will restore the installed ROM to a known state, and will remove apps/settings that might be incompatible with the ROM that you wish to install)
    5) Return to the main OrangeFox menu
    6) Select "Install"
    7) Choose the ROM that you want to flash
    8) Swipe to flash.
    9) Reboot OrangeFox recovery - before doing anything else - so that any changes to partitions/filesystems done by flashing the new ROM will take full effect
    10) Flash whatever else you might want to flash (eg, GAPPs, magisk, etc)
    11) Reboot your device
    12) Wait for a long time while the new ROM sets itself up (go and make a cup of tea!)
    13) Enjoy

B. "Dirty flashing" (NOT recommended)
    1) Bootup OrangeFox Recovery
    2) Select "Install"
    3) Choose the ROM that you want to flash
    4) Swipe to flash
    5) Wipe cache and dalvik
    6) Reboot OrangeFox recovery - before doing anything else - so that any changes to partitions/filesystems done by flashing the new ROM will take full effect
    7) Flash whatever else you might want to flash (eg, GAPPs, magisk, etc)
    8) Reboot your device
    9) Enjoy
    NOTE: Dirty flashing a ROM is NOT recommended. It can cause all kinds of random problems. Always choose to "clean flash"

5. "YOUR SYSTEM HAS BEEN DESTROYED" scenarios:
    A) If you have one of these, then, yes, you might be in deep trouble! But this has nothing to do with OrangeFox. It is rather a result of your decisions and what you have chosen to do, or to flash.
    B) For possible solutions, Google is your friend.
    C) Salient advice: next time, look very carefully before flashing anything. It is your responsibility to ascertain and completely understand, a) what you are installing, b) what instructions it is giving to the recovery, c) what it will do as part of the installation, and d) what it will do after the installation. Otherwise, there will be tears.

6. Other useful downloads/information:

7. Supported Languages:
    cz.xml
    de.xml
    el.xml
    en.xml
    es.xml
    fr.xml
    hu.xml
    in.xml
    it.xml
    ja.xml
    nl.xml
    pl.xml
    pt_BR.xml
    pt_PT.xml
    ru.xml
    sk.xml
    sl.xml
    sv.xml
    tr.xml
    uk.xml
    zh_CN.xml
    zh_TW.xml
    OrangeFox R8.2
    * Improved support for disabling DM-Verity
    * Improved support for f2fs formatting
    * Improved support for installing Pie ROMs
    * Enabled FBE (Default Pie Encryption)
    * Support for showing the device's display panel
    * Bug fixes
    * Official support for markw

------------------:
    Our channel - https://t.me/OrangeFoxRecovery
    Download - https://sourceforge.net/projects/orangefox/files/
    ------------------:
    OrangeFox R8.1
    * Updated support for new fstab encryption statements
    * Updated support for disabling DM-Verity
    * Added separate settings page for languages
    * Added quick settings in operation pages (flashing zips, backing up, restoring)
    * Added "notch mode" for supported devices.
    * Use dark transparent background for quick settings
    * Added "restore defaults" for OrangeFox settings
    * Updated languages
    * Added /cust in fstab
    * Minor UI changes
    * Minor bug fixed
    * Fixed problems with random reboots
    * Fixed problems with changing data FS to f2fs
    * Led indicator now works on most devices
    * Official support for kenzo
    ------------------: