[RECOVERY] [OFFICIAL] [PBRP] [v2.9.1] 5/21/2020

Search This thread

Flippy498

Retired Forum Moderator
May 21, 2014
If your cable is loose your USB port is most likely filled with fluffs which prevent the cable from completely plugging into the port. The port might seem to be clean at first sight but it isn't. I've experienced this problem since the HTC One M9. It happens quite easily if you carry your phone in one of the pockets of your trousers.

You simply need to remove the fluffs and your cable won't be loose, anymore. Usually, I have to clean my phone every month or at least every second month.

Sent from my HTC U12+ using XDA Labs

JEANRIVERA

Mar 30, 2007
Nazareth, PA
HTC U12+
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Yes i got the click too but actually what i am talking about is after you have connected your cable to the phone you can move the cable to the left and to the right is like loose. I am remember my old phone have this, so many posts on google about this. Fortunately it does not prevent charging and others properly. Last week i cleaned the usb port, pretty nothing on it but is seem a little better. My usb cables still look good i have them since i have my u12+. I do not buy a cheap cable , i buy some know good brands on amazon. It is the first time that I hear someone who changes their cables every 6 months!

Did my driver worked for you

Max128

Apr 16, 2011
Canada
@Flippy498 , yes i keep it in my pockets.. I have clean the port last week and pretty nothing in it. Like i said when the cable is connected you can move the cable to the left and to the right..

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Did my driver worked for you

I was been writing to you actually , yes!! is finally work fine. This is weirld because i have already the htc drivers.exe installed.. and for the drivers i always use this on my phone this one: https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb and is not working anymore.

So Your drivers is work fine now. Thanks you very much! I will keep it near. I will tell you later for the viper rom.

Reactions: JEANRIVERA

JEANRIVERA

Mar 30, 2007
Nazareth, PA
HTC U12+
ASUS ROG Phone 3
@Flippy498 , yes i keep it in my pockets.. I have clean the port last week and pretty nothing in it. Like i said when the cable is connected you can move the cable to the left and to the right..

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

I was been writing to you actually , yes!! is finally work fine. This is weirld because i have already the htc drivers.exe installed.. and for the drivers i always use this on my phone this one: https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb and is not working anymore.

So Your drivers is work fine now. Thanks you very much! I will keep it near. I will tell you later for the viper rom.

Great!!! I'm happy I was able to help you with the drivers issue, now let's boot ViperExperience back!!! I will recommend you to use Beyond stock kernel, and you will not need hexpatcher for PBRP or TWRP

Max128

Apr 16, 2011
Canada
Great!!! I'm happy I was able to help you with the drivers issue, now let's boot ViperExperience back!!! I will recommend you to use Beyond stock kernel, and you will not need hexpatcher for PBRP or TWRP

Maybe you can help me again! I have reinstalled viper on fresh install. The same problem for the charge is still here. I have reinstall the ruu after that and the charge is fine. I do not understand this. I messing up the device since the recovery and the patch. How I can fix this on viper?

I am desperate now lol, I will be forced to stuck on stock rom. I will wait your answer.

Last edited:

JEANRIVERA

Mar 30, 2007
Nazareth, PA
HTC U12+
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Maybe you can help me again! I have reinstalled viper on fresh install. The same problem for the charge is still here. I have reinstall the ruu after that and the charge is fine. I do not understand this. I messing up the device since the recovery and the patch. How I can fix this on viper?

I am desperate now lol, I will be forced to stuck on stock rom. I will wait your answer.

Are you restoring any backups? Maybe is a bad app or an old setting getting restored on your device? I honestly don't know what tell you other than is not related to recovery or patch since you did ruu and didn't used the patch this time, also most likely not Rom issue since you are the only person reporting such behavior

Max128

Apr 16, 2011
Canada
Are you restoring any backups? Maybe is a bad app or an old setting getting restored on your device? I honestly don't know what tell you other than is not related to recovery or patch since you did ruu and didn't used the patch this time, also most likely not Rom issue since you are the only person reporting such behavior

No I have format everything , is a fresh install. Same problem only in viper. I never got this problem before I flash the recovery. Viper working perfectly before this. Immediately when I am on stock rom is fine. Is like if something stay on viper rom for the bug. Do not know what to do now

JEANRIVERA

Mar 30, 2007
Nazareth, PA
HTC U12+
ASUS ROG Phone 3
No I have format everything , is a fresh install. Same problem only in viper. I never got this problem before I flash the recovery. Viper working perfectly before this. Immediately when I am on stock rom is fine. Is like if something stay on viper rom for the bug. Do not know what to do now

What RUU are you using? Can you provide a link? Also what else are you installing? What kernel? Any patches ? Magisk? What modules do you use?

Max128

Apr 16, 2011
Canada
What RUU are you using? Can you provide a link? Also what else are you installing? What kernel? Any patches ? Magisk? What modules do you use?

My base is this ruu : 2Q55IMG_IMAGINE_DUGL_P90_SENSE10GP_MR_HTC_Europe_2 .55.401.1_Radio_sdm845-000041c-1906261449_release_541231_signed_2_4.zip , here a link for it from xda: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261700234

I just installed viper rom and i have booting. So kernel stock , no patch , no magisk. i have installed nothing else because i want to fix this before.

JEANRIVERA

Mar 30, 2007
Nazareth, PA
HTC U12+
ASUS ROG Phone 3
My base is this ruu : 2Q55IMG_IMAGINE_DUGL_P90_SENSE10GP_MR_HTC_Europe_2 .55.401.1_Radio_sdm845-000041c-1906261449_release_541231_signed_2_4.zip , here a link for it from xda: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261700234

I just installed viper rom and i have booting. So kernel stock , no patch , no magisk. i have installed nothing else because i want to fix this before.

do you currently have a recovery installed permanently?

TNPaparazzi

Feb 21, 2009
Norwich, CT
I typically have never had an issue with booting recovery and I actually had PBRP running at one point but I needed to wipe and restart... As soon as I enter the following, I receive "Press any key to shutdown" on the device itself:

C:\adb>fastboot boot recovery.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 2.755s

I have tried different cables, made sure I was on USB 2.0, disabled anti-virus, all to no avail. Also tried booting into fastboot manually but this also did not work. Anyone have any ideas here? I almost feel like the Pie OTA I received has something to do with this as I have never had a problem doing this previously.. I'm going nuts and I feel like I'm overthinking this and missing something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

Code:
    /*
    *Disclaimer
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Introduction

Pitch Black Recovery is a fork of TWRP with many improvements to make your experience better. It's more flexible & easy to use.

Features

• Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
    • Up-to-date Oreo kernel, built from sources (Pie is on the way)
    • Full dark theme with changeable accents
    • Reorganized menus
    • MIUI OTA support
    • Disable DM Verity
    • Use AromaFM as default file manager
    • Various tools are include
    • Universal flash-able file for all variant of a device
    • Many bug fixes & optimization & much more

Temp boot Instructions

• Download the PitchBlack img to your computer
    • Reboot to bootloader
    • Code:
      fastboot boot recovery_name.img
    • The device will automatically reboot into PitchBlack Recovery
    • Enjoy

Permanent Install instructions

• Download the PitchBlack img to your device
    • temp boot in TWRP or PBRP
    • install / install image bottom right corner / select PBRP.img / install recovery ramdisk
    • if you are rooted with Magisk remember to flash Magisk after install Recovery ramdisk
    • if your Kernel is stock flash touchscreen_hexpatcher.zip
    • Reboot to Recovery & Enjoy

Changelog

Code:
    v2.9.1
    - Update kernel
    - Update DM Verity Logic
    - Update magisk
    - Update unroot magisk
    - Some bug fixed

Known Issues

• All Official TWRP Issues (not many) ;)
    • Aroma not supported on U12+ / Exodus 1
    • Stock ROM Pie Decryption currently not possible (workaround disable Force Encrypt NOT Recommended if you want your device to be secured, your device your option ;)
    • You Tell me

Downloads
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/pitchblack-twrp/files/ime/

Additional Downloads
    Touchscreen hexpatcher | Mirror (AFH) - SEE IMPORTANT NOTES BELOW:
    Only needed when on stock kernel without touchscreen fix
    Flashing touchscreen_hexpatcher.zip will make touch work when using stock kernel but render all recovery related commands unusable.
    This includes "adb reboot recovery", reboot to recovery from Magisk Manager and reboot to recovery from inside TWRP. To get into TWRP you first have to reboot to bootloader and from there on to TWRP/Recovery!

XDA:DevDB Information
    PitchBlack Recovery Project, Tool/Utility for the HTC U12+

Contributors
    JEANRIVERA, mikalovtch
    TWRP: @Freak07, @Captain_Throwback
    PBRP: Reza Adi, Firewolfxda, Manjot Sidhu, Mohd Faraz, Arbaz Khan
    Source Code: https://github.com/PitchBlackRecoveryProject/android_bootable_recovery

Version Information
    Current Version: 2.9.1
    Release Date: 2020-05-21

Created 2020-05-01
    Last Updated 2020-05-21
    no more test builds, we are now officially part of PBRP download the latest version here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pitchblack-twrp/files/ime/
    new version uploaded, it should be as stable as official TWRP + some extras , & now become almost official release, still a pre-official test for official release

https://github.com/PitchBlackRecoveryProject/android_device_htc_ime-pbrp/releases
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone