[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][sagit] TWRP 3.2.2-0 for Xiaomi Mi 6

Search This thread

sam00561

Jan 31, 2011
OnePlus 8
Does this now mean if I do a nandroid backup it will be able to restore without going which didn't work on any of the roms up until now.

killbadman

Jul 25, 2013
I flash the newest version, TWRP 3.2.1-1. After I enter system, I find the recovery is overwrite by system.

Steps:
1. flash recovery, TWRP 3.2.1-1.
2. Enter Recovery and rename the file, /system/bin/install-recovery.sh, to /system/bin/install-recovery.sh.bak.
3. Reboot to system
4. Reboot to recovery, the recovery is restored to original.
5. Reflash TWRP 3.2.1-1
6. install "lazy flasher" and clean user data-->for disable dm-verity
7. reboot to system and stuck in mi logo

OS version: MIUI V9.2.3.0.OCAMIEK

Do anyone know how to keep twrp?

TheIceDragon

Mar 26, 2017
I flash the newest version, TWRP 3.2.1-1. After I enter system, I find the recovery is overwrite by system.

Steps:
1. flash recovery, TWRP 3.2.1-1.
2. Enter Recovery and rename the file, /system/bin/install-recovery.sh, to /system/bin/install-recovery.sh.bak.
3. Reboot to system
4. Reboot to recovery, the recovery is restored to original.
5. Reflash TWRP 3.2.1-1
6. install "lazy flasher" and clean user data-->for disable dm-verity
7. reboot to system and stuck in mi logo

OS version: MIUI V9.2.3.0.OCAMIEK

Do anyone know how to keep twrp?
I'm facing the same problem from miui 8.3.29 global developer, did you figure it out?

ponitsoua

Oct 29, 2013
Patras
Xiaomi Mi 6
Realme GT
I tried to backup to an external OTG usb but I found out that it only works when the external device is it fat32 mode. So my guess is that NTFS mode is not supported by twrp? Will it be support in a next release?

Fahrilubis

Jun 24, 2017
Jakarta
dude im already succesfully flash twrp but when i turn off my phone and press power button + volume up i got mi recovery not twrp. please help me and sorry my bad english

edited i cant found system/bin/install-recovery.sh (advance>file manager)
solved by instal magisk first then instal mixplorer then change fckng install-recovery.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak

Last edited:

Fahrilubis

Jun 24, 2017
Jakarta
Guys please i really ur help, i cant boot from fastboot into twrp even i dunno why. Stuck on mi logo please help me, mi driver (fastboot driver) already instal

mArIuS%

Nov 12, 2016
Romania
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Guys please i really ur help, i cant boot from fastboot into twrp even i dunno why. Stuck on mi logo please help me, mi driver (fastboot driver) already instal
Flash twrp again with fastboot methode and reboot to recovery directly from fastboot, you have to write in fastboot this: fastboot boot recovery.img. or fastboot boot twrp_3.2.1.1.img or how it's TWRP file named.

Last edited:

Fahrilubis

Jun 24, 2017
Jakarta
Flash twrp again with fastboot methode and reboot to recovery directly from fastboot, you have to write in fastboot this: fastboot boot recovery.img. or fastboot boot twrp_3.2.1.1.img or how it's TWRP file named.

Already dude but wont boot into twrp just stuck on mi logo after all, this first time i cant boot into twrp.

My step is go to fastboot > instal mi driver in device manager then adb interface coming > open adb folder > put twrp into adb folder > change name twrp file into recovery then use this command > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img then succes and fastboot boot recovery.img but just stuck on mi logo for 30minutes i guess

Last edited:

caesarwoo

Jul 11, 2013
Hi!
Thank you very much for your TWRP.

But a problem occurred when formatting /data partition to F2FS. It says unable to mount /data (something like that) which indicates the failure of f2fs formatting.

Could you fix it in the next release if the issue really exists? Or it's just the problem of my steps maybe...

Thanks in advance! :good::good::laugh::laugh:

al_atlantis

Sep 9, 2012
Jakarta
Download: twrp-3.2.1-internal-1-sagit.img

TWRP built with omni android-8.1 branch.
Added support for android 8.1 FBE decryption.
Full TWRP device tree changes: https://gerrit.twrp.me/#/c/2898/

PS: This is a test build, if everything is fine, change will be merged in upstream and you'll see updated build on official download page.

Can i use this version in Miui with android version 7.1.1 to upgrade to MIUI with 8.0? because in TWRP cofface i've got "Error:7...." and, when i used TWRP 3.2.1.0 On MIUI with Android 7.1.1 My phone was stucked on TWRP logo.

al_atlantis

Sep 9, 2012
Jakarta

PS: This is a test build, if everything is fine, change will be merged in upstream and you'll see updated build on official download page.

Yes. Cofface is based on 3.1-1 which cannot handle Oreo, you need at least 3.2.1, the latest one is 3.2.1-1 and also recommended one.
Okay sorry for another silly question, so if i'm currently on MIUI based on 7.1.1 nougat, should i use the latest TWRP? Or should i use official TWRP 3.1-1 instead?

al_atlantis

Sep 9, 2012
Jakarta
Sorry, I don't have any new ways to solve this problem.:crying: I rollback to Nougat MIUI. Does anyone have any idea about this issue?
i'm still waiting for the fix of this issue. i'm a bit luckier because i've backed up the rom by TWRP before i proceed to install any superSU, magisk, or any zip. If i don't install any zip, There's no "stuck on mi logo" issue, but the recovery back to the mi recovery. And if install any zip, TWRP stay but "Stuck on Mi logo"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project

WHAT IS TWRP?

Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
    In case you're serious, though...

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
    It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.

Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/

DOWNLOAD:
    1) Install the TWRP app from the Play Store or grab the apk from our website
    2) Open the app, agree to the terms, and enable root access
    3) Select TWRP Flash
    4) Search for your device and select the version you wish to download
    5) Once the download is complete, select the file (it's usually in your downloads folder) and then Flash Recovery
    OR:
    Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed
    1) Download the latest version from our website on your device
    2) Reboot to TWRP
    3) Hit Install and tap the "Images..." button in the lower right
    4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
    5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website.

FEATURES:
    • FBE Decryption support
    • MTP support
    • ADB root

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

CONTRIBUTIONS:
    Gerrit for TWRP: http://gerrit.omnirom.org/
    Gerrit for officially supported devices: http://gerrit.twrp.me/

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP for Mi 6, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Mi 6

Contributors
    TheStrix
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information

Created 2017-06-10
    Last Updated 2018-07-07

Update

TWRP 3.2.1-1 now available for Xiaomi Mi 6 officially.
    Supports Android Oreo FBE decryption.
    Link is in OP.
    Thank you.
    FAQ

FAQ:

HOW DO I GET LOGS SO WHEN I COMPLAIN I'M NOT COMPLETELY IGNORED OR SHAMED BY OTHER USERS?

To get logs while in TWRP, you should connect your device to your PC and use adb.
    adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
    adb exec-out dmesg > dmesg.log

This will create 2 files in the directory your shell is currently in, recovery.log and dmesg.log. You will need to upload these somewhere such as a pastebin or Google Drive. You can also attach it to your XDA post (recommended!)

If you are having an operating system boot issue, you should gather a ramoops log instead. Do this while in TWRP after the failed boot:
    adb exec-out "tar c /sys/fs/pstore 2>/dev/null" > pstore.tar

MY RECOVERY KEEP GETTING REPLACED WITH STOCK RECOVERY... WHAT KIND OF MAGIC IS THIS?

The file: /system/bin/install-recovery.sh present in stock system is responsible for that.
    You can simply stop this from happening by deleting it or renaming it to install-recovery.sh.bak using any root explorer or via TWRP (Advanced -> File Manager).