• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY] [OFFICIAL] [TREBLE] TWRP for Lenovo P2 [kuntao]

Search This thread

darshan1205

Apr 23, 2015
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

CHANGELOG for 3.3.1-1:
  • Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao
  • Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
  • Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy
  • Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy
  • Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff

DOWNLOADS: twrp-3.3.1-1-kuntao.img

HOW TO FLASH:
  • Fastboot Method :
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery filename.img
  • Boot to TWRP > INSTALL > Select Image > Navigate to "filename.img" > Select it & Swipe to Flash

CREDITS:
  • TeamWin
  • CyanogenMod/Lineage Android

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY] [OFFICIAL] [TREBLE] TWRP for Lenovo P2 [kuntao], Tool/Utility for the Lenovo P2

Contributors
darshan1205
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/twrp_device_lenovo_kuntao

Version Information

Created 2019-05-22
Last Updated 2019-06-02

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2016
How to Flash a GSI?

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

CHANGELOG for 3.3.1-1:

HOW TO FLASH:
  • Fastboot Method :
    Code:
  • Boot to TWRP > INSTALL > Select Image > Navigate to "filename.img" > Select it & Swipe to Flash

CREDITS:
  • TeamWin

[RECOVERY] [OFFICIAL] [TREBLE] TWRP for Lenovo P2 [kuntao], Tool/Utility for the Lenovo P2

Contributors
darshan1205

Version Information

Created 2019-05-22
Last Updated 2019-06-02

Greetings,

For some reason, I am not able to flash a GSI. I flashed your TWRP as recovery, then flashed your AOSPExtended ROM (because it supports Treble):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/lenovo-p2/development/rom-aospextended-rom-v6-3-lenovo-p2-t3903454

I have used this thread to install a GSI: https://forum.xda-developers.com/lenovo-p2/how-to/ultimate-guide-flashing-gsi-kuntao-t3815070 I've tried using LOS to install GSIs but it didn't work, that's why I later flashed AOSPExtended.

Once i flash any GSI (A, or A/AB), none of them work. They get flashed, but the phone gets stuck at the post screen. Sorry, I'm new at this.

In other words, How can I flash a GSI?

Last edited:

Abhi8232

Sep 23, 2018
@darshan1205 please help. I am not able to flash any 9.0 rom now as every rom just sticks to boot animation and keeps loading. 8.1 roms and stock rom are working fine.
Twrp also giving different different errors every time like error 7,8,255 etc. When i reboot to recovery my data partition shows 0 mb. I formatted data partition and other partitions also. I have tried reinstalling twrp but same issue persists.:(

myjess

Apr 15, 2007
Guys, you really need to put some user guide documentation in along with these.
Did I know that system and system image should not both be ticked for a restore? Nope, I did not.
Hours I spent with TWRP hanging after restoring systyem and telline me it was restoring system image and not doing a darned thing.

And still I just cannot get my backup resatored AND my lernovo P2 restarted where I left off before backup.

Highly frustrating to say the least.

Thanks for the tool though.

Samar Patel

Dec 23, 2017
India
Guys, you really need to put some user guide documentation in along with these.
Did I know that system and system image should not both be ticked for a restore? Nope, I did not.
Hours I spent with TWRP hanging after restoring systyem and telline me it was restoring system image and not doing a darned thing.

And still I just cannot get my backup resatored AND my lernovo P2 restarted where I left off before backup.

Highly frustrating to say the least.

Thanks for the tool though.
Have u checked your storage before restoration?....i had the same isse but it was because of my low storage

myjess

Apr 15, 2007
Plenty of storage.
Found out that this phone is a P2C72 with the P2A42 firmnware on it.
I have been able to put the AOSP PIE rom on it, but am having major difficulties putting magisk on it.
I know TWRP is not really built for the P2C72 but it seems to ha
ve worked up to now.
I have tried to install magisk from TWRP 3.2.3 and 3.3.1-1, but all I get on a system reboot is the blue led, the vibration, and a blank screen.
Also 3.2.3 reflash the boot rom so much quicker.
I would love to know how to troubleshoot this.

Note: To ADB sideload large files in TWRP, you may need to make your ADB.exe large address space aware.
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update!
    Its OFFICIAL now. Builds from twrp-3.3.1-1-kuntao.img are supported by me.

CHANGELOG for 3.3.1-1:

HOW TO FLASH:
    • Fastboot Method :
      Code:

CREDITS:
    • TeamWin

Contributors
    darshan1205

Version Information

Created 2019-05-22
    Last Updated 2019-06-02
    Changelog:
    * 20190522: Based off LineageOS's TWRP & Kernel with EFS backup & Vendor wipe option.
    * 2019-06-02: Its OFFICIAL now!
    work well thank you.