• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][treble] TWRP v3.2.x for Redmi 6 pro(sakura)

Search This thread

aragon12

Feb 24, 2015
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

CHANGELOG for 3.2.3-0:
  • Fixed automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
  • Remove SuperSU from TWRP
  • Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files

Flashing:

Note: this device has anti roll back

Code:
fastboot boot twrp-sakura.img
it'll boot to TWRP... now flash the recovery again with TWRP

Internal showing 0 mb ?
format data... including Internal storage to remove encryption

Downloads: for Redmi 6 pro

Credits:
~ TeamWin
~ CM/Lineage/Omni android
~ Tingyi Chen, sarthak malla
~ @CrazyBirdie1 our pro tester ;-;

Device tree: here
Kernel: prebuilt, from stock miui rom

XDA:DevDB Information
official twrp, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro

Contributors
aragon12
Source Code: http://github.com/teamwin

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2018-10-09

Created 2018-10-09
Last Updated 2018-10-08

Attachments

• IMG_20181009_075024_039.jpg
    IMG_20181009_075024_039.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 3,912
Last edited:

IceBreakr

Nov 29, 2016
Thanks for this. I was beginning to regret buying sakura since there was no development other than those GSI's. This was a breath of fresh air. Is the full device tree up?

Last edited:

NaYaB786

Nov 24, 2015
Sir very happy to see you here. I have seen your work for land, hope to see similar kind of development here. I hope more peoples will come here soon.

madhead2333

Oct 5, 2018
Procedures after booting into TWRP?

Hi Sir,
Thanks for the update with TWRP for Redmi6 Pro first, i am just confused about what do you mean by "flashing twrp after booting into TWRP.img", i know i can do that by install disk image in twrp, but it asks for file decryption password, otherwise twrp shows 0MB for every partition. :confused:
So there is nothing to flash.

What should i do about that? If you can provide some suggestions that would be great!;)

Voodoojonny

Dec 17, 2015
Dortmund
Anyone tried on mia2 lite?

Edit: Boots, but partition-scheme kills the fun... Data can be formatted, but all other partitions can´t be mounted. Flashing back stock recovery and wiping data with stock brings everything to normal...

Last edited:

coolek33

Jul 15, 2012
Zadupie
Huawei P30
You can always use memory card.
Hi Sir,
Thanks for the update with TWRP for Redmi6 Pro first, i am just confused about what do you mean by "flashing twrp after booting into TWRP.img", i know i can do that by install disk image in twrp, but it asks for file decryption password, otherwise twrp shows 0MB for every partition. :confused:
So there is nothing to flash.

What should i do about that? If you can provide some suggestions that would be great!;)

DJBhardwaj

Recognized Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
Anyone here tried rooting via Magisk? Also, flashing the TWRP image after after booting into it will make it persistent, right?

loseyourself

Sep 2, 2017
Anyone here tried rooting via Magisk? Also, flashing the TWRP image after after booting into it will make it persistent, right?

Not even after flashing the recovery image in TWRP itself?

It didnt work for me..flashed the recovery partition with twrp from booted twrp many times.. no luck..vol up + pwr button same mi recovery 3

I've read somewhere that because i've been using miui it always boots up in mi recovery..
I cant seem to remember if i had working twrp with miui before in previous mi phones..

Reactions: Enddo

NaYaB786

Nov 24, 2015
It didnt work for me..flashed the recovery partition with twrp from booted twrp many times.. no luck..vol up + pwr button same mi recovery 3

I've read somewhere that because i've been using miui it always boots up in mi recovery..
I cant seem to remember if i had working twrp with miui before in previous mi phones..
Try both vol up+down+power together

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.AndroidExplained.com
So all of you folks have already unlocked the bootloader of your Redmi Note 6 Pro and are using TWRP?

I tried unlocking mine on the 10th and was given a 30-day waiting lockout before I could unlock my bootloader :(

loseyourself

Sep 2, 2017
If mi recovery is present then it means you didn't flash twrp img after booting into it. Follow the instructions carefully.

Are you able to access twrp using keys? Because i flashed many times using booted twrp..i must be doing something wrong..

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Try both vol up+down+power together

No luck man it just reboots

Top Liked Posts