• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.2.1-0 touch recovery

Search This thread

a1Pha

Nov 26, 2007
Hamburg
www.storozhev.net
home.png
backupname.png

NOTE: Decrypting data is not currently supported. MTP also does not work, but you can use adb to push and pull files.

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.​

Code:
/*
 * [B]Your warranty is now void.[/B]
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Sources: https://github.com/TeamWin
Device tree: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_huawei_charlotte

Download

Flashing:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.2.1-0-charlotte.img

Special thanks to @Dees_Troy for the Huawei Blanc device tree, which this is based on.

Last edited:

a1Pha

Nov 26, 2007
Hamburg
www.storozhev.net
Will try this when I get home. It doesn't replace eRecovery, right? So I can still recover if anything goes wrong? Also, best way to boot into TWRP once flashed?

As long as you flash the image to recovery_ramdisk it does not replace eRecovery, no. I actually used eRecovery to restore while testing my build.

Once flashed you can boot into TWRP via "adb reboot recovery" out of a running system with enabled ADB or via pressing VolUp+Power on a powered off device.

Reactions: danifilth4king

xdawali

Oct 6, 2008
Many thanks a1Pha, just installed on a CLT-L29 8.1.0.106(C432), works flawless. Great job !

Once flashed you can boot into TWRP via "adb reboot recovery" out of a running system with enabled ADB or via pressing VolUp+Power on a powered off device.[/QUOTE]

You can also reboot to recovery if your phone is up and running opening Magisk Manager -> Modules, three points on the upper right corner will give you the choice recovery, bootloader or download...

Cheers.

Reactions: a1Pha

a1Pha

Nov 26, 2007
Hamburg
www.storozhev.net
Thank you so much :) Is there any chance of you uploading a twrp flashable image of the newest p20 pro update?

To be honest: This is my first Huawei and I am still figuring out how they manage their region-specific customization. Also it seems not so easy to get the UPDATE.APP for current builds. So no promises here - but I'll try to figure out and create a new thread if I'm able to build something.

Reactions: vonschau

buenso80

Jun 14, 2010

andrewglass3

Apr 10, 2010
As long as you flash the image to recovery_ramdisk it does not replace eRecovery, no. I actually used eRecovery to restore while testing my build.

Once flashed you can boot into TWRP via "adb reboot recovery" out of a running system with enabled ADB or via pressing VolUp+Power on a powered off device.

How do you get back into eRecovery once you have flashed twrp?

Volume up gets you to twrp - is there a special key combo/sequence to get to eRecovery? I as as I have access to funkyhuawei. Also - how would one go back to stock with this installed? Sorry first time doing this for years

Cheers

Andy

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Ok so I managed to get into eRecovery by powering off and holding vol up and pwr until the phone vibrated, then release power and continued holding vol up until eRecovery appeared. If I wanted to completely remove TWRP and root etc once in eRecovery would it simply be a case of clicking download latest version and recovery? Then once recovered I could relock the bootloader? Or are there some other steps to do?

If anyone could help so I know for future reference that would be amazing. Thank you in advance :)

Last edited:

a1Pha

Nov 26, 2007
Hamburg
www.storozhev.net
If I wanted to completely remove TWRP and root etc once in eRecovery would it simply be a case of clicking download latest version and recovery? Then once recovered I could relock the bootloader? Or are there some other steps to do?

If anyone could help so I know for future reference that would be amazing. Thank you in advance :)

Glad you made it :)
I used eRecovery after I bricked my recovery partition and ended up with a working stock recovery, so yes, that should be the way. I did not try to relock the bootloader though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks. I am sorry for the lack of communication, I had some unforeseen circumstances and am simply out of time right now.
    My current focus has been on bringing EMUI 9 Beta to you (see "Guides" section of this forum) - now thats done me and some other very capable members of this community are trying to bring you a working and stable TWRP.
    Since Huawei implemented System-as-root in their Pie update there are quite a few things to change and check.
    Please bear with me - I'm still there.
    home.png
    backupname.png

NOTE: Decrypting data is not currently supported. MTP also does not work, but you can use adb to push and pull files.

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.​

Code:
    /*
     * [B]Your warranty is now void.[/B]
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Sources: https://github.com/TeamWin
    Device tree: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_huawei_charlotte

Download

Flashing:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.2.1-0-charlotte.img

Special thanks to @Dees_Troy for the Huawei Blanc device tree, which this is based on.
    @a1Pha
    official TWRP doesnt allow /data to be formatted as f2fs (which is default)

can this be fixed?
    as unofficial allows this.

Sorry for the delayed response. I have several fixes (including F2FS support) in testing. Unfortunately I have not much free time until mid next week, but I aim to have a working recovery including encryption support by next weekend.

Thanks. As soon as I've got a fully working system.img which doesn't break different country models you'll hear from me.
    the unofficial one doesnt let me flash update.zip in TWRP
    does this one let you flash the zips downloaded from firmware finder in TWRP?
    You need HuRupdater to able to flash uodate.zip