• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL]TWRP 3.3.1-0 Touch Recovery [begonia]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

theimpulson

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FkHQgwnV.png

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It's a full touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.​

Downloads:

Official Website

Instructions:

Follow Instructions give in official download page

Bugs:
- Decryption is broken.
- Backlight issues on Indian models.

- You tell me

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 3.3.1-0 Touch Recovery, Tool/Utility for the Redmi Note 8 Pro

Contributors
TheImpulson, Agent_fabulous
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.3.1-0
Stable Release Date: 2020-01-24

Created 2020-01-24
Last Updated 2020-01-29

theimpulson

Staff member
README

Disabling AVB via fastboot will let you flash/boot TWRP on stock ROM. To do this, grab the vbmeta image from your stock ROM (Download firmware from the official site and extract it, it should be in it), and flash it with the following command:

Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Last edited:

theimpulson

Staff member
Instructions on how you can flash stock ROMs again from official TWRP as some users were having issues while flashing. The process is pretty simple.

- First of all, grab the proper recovery firmware from Xiaomi's site. You can get it here or here. Make sure to download the proper variant as per your device and needs.

- Once downloaded, open it using an archive manager and delete the compability.zip archive in it. This archive enforces version checks and is supposed to stop the flashing process if there is a mismatch of specified firmware requirements by OEM. Read more on it here.

- Now go navigate into META-INF directory or its sub-directories and locate updater-script which pass instructions on which partitions are supposed to be flashed. This script contains various assert which need to be removed. Find lines such as:
Code:
assert(set_emmc_writable("/sys/block/mmcblk0boot1/force_ro"),
       package_extract_file("preloader.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0boot1"));
and
Code:
assert(set_emmc_writable("/sys/block/mmcblk0boot0/force_ro"),
       package_extract_file("preloader.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0boot0"));
Remove all such lines.

Save the changes and now flash the build. It should flash successfully without any issues. Remember to disable AVB as it will render your device unbootable if you wish to flashback TWRP again.

Last edited:

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
Thanks for your work! This is probably an important step for begonia's development.

Does it work both with Android 9 and 10?

Last edited:

theimpulson

Staff member
Thanks for your work! This is probably an important step for begonia's development.

Does it work both with Android 9 and 10?

It should. I am on MIUI 11 (Android 9) and it works for me. Yeah, decryption will most likely die (Reason in Post #2).

theimpulson

Staff member
That's some good news indeed. Yes!

@TheImpulson: Just to make sure is that an update of @Agent_fabulous 30/12 version from the other thread (I mean have you changed anything yet), or at this point is it still the same version beside becoming official?

Thanks for your work from now on and thanks to @Agent_fabulous until now ;)

Regards

The tree is what differs a bit in end. Mine is based on Kshitij's tree but a few flags have been dropped, some have rearranged and all. You can also notice the size of recovery is less cause of different flags in device tree. I am yet to pick the commits he pushed on 30/12 (I will pick them for sure).

ppthom

Apr 3, 2016
Realme 6 Pro
:DNice to have Official TWRP for this phone. Made use of it and also used the LR TWRP V1210 on the site by saiz0313. I have MIUI V11.0.2.0 and rooted it with the root function in LR TWRP, then installed the image your TWRP using LR TWRP. In the Official TWRP window, unticked all mounted items and then backed up Boot, Data, System Image and Vendor Image. Got this redline error at end of the process: "Failed to unmount '/system-root' (Device or resource busy)". Seemed to have no effect on the backup, because after a deliberate factory reset, then reinstalling your TWRP, the subsequent restore completed with the same error, and the phone booted with no problem . It works as it did before the backup. I do not use TWRP but for a sure system Backup/Restore, as I am not inclined to want custom ROMS: One function of this phone that I particularly like is the scheduled auto start and auto shutdown which is missing on most phones, and I do not know of any custom ROMS that have it.:good:

I am also curious if you will have a boot-to-recovery along with the current options boot-to-system and bootloader as well as Power Off.

Muad.Dib

then installed the image your TWRP using LR TWRP.
[...]

You probably know what you are doing, but from what I have read here and there, it is usually not advisable to flash any new/other recovery version from any recovery already installed, but instead it seems to be preferred to flash directly the new image using fastboot to avoid any kind of issues.
It might have worked out for you in the end (lucky? a good device/rom combination maybe too), but I think it might be best to advise people not to do that, and flash any recovery, this or any other, from fastboot only.
Since many people/users with a wide different range of skills are reading those forums, I thought it would be best not to spread confusion. There are already quite a lot for this device with guides suggesting completely different things.

My remark is not aimed at you, I am glad it worked for you, just to the overall audience if they felt like trying to flash a new recovery from an already installed recovery which I think is not the wisest option and even less on a device so prone to brick.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards.

ppthom

Apr 3, 2016
Realme 6 Pro
You probably know what you are doing, but from what I have read here and there, it is usually not advisable to flash any new/other recovery version from any recovery already installed, but instead it seems to be preferred to flash directly the new image using fastboot to avoid any kind of issues.
It might have worked out for you in the end (lucky? a good device/rom combination maybe too), but I think it might be best to advise people not to do that, and flash any recovery, this or any other, from fastboot only.
Since many people/users with a wide different range of skills are reading those forums, I thought it would be best not to spread confusion. There are already quite a lot for this device with guides suggesting completely different things.

My remark is not aimed at you, I am glad it worked for you, just to the overall audience if they felt like trying to flash a new recovery from an already installed recovery which I think is not the wisest option and even less on a device so prone to brick.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards.

Hey, many thanks for this. It's always better to flash with official means. I was just in a hurry to test :cyclops:

rizd

Apr 29, 2014
Backlight issues with my cn set with global rom v11.0.2.0 PGGMIXM. Had to flash boot.img & recovery.img in fastboot mode to make phone boot properly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FkHQgwnV.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It's a full touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.​

Downloads:

Official Website

Instructions:

Follow Instructions give in official download page

Bugs:
    - Decryption is broken.
    - Backlight issues on Indian models.

- You tell me

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP 3.3.1-0 Touch Recovery, Tool/Utility for the Redmi Note 8 Pro

Contributors
    TheImpulson, Agent_fabulous
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.3.1-0
    Stable Release Date: 2020-01-24

Created 2020-01-24
    Last Updated 2020-01-29
    Please read instructions on official page before doing anything. It contains some warnings as well. Other than all this, have fun tweaking around.
    README

Disabling AVB via fastboot will let you flash/boot TWRP on stock ROM. To do this, grab the vbmeta image from your stock ROM (Download firmware from the official site and extract it, it should be in it), and flash it with the following command:

Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    Instructions on how you can flash stock ROMs again from official TWRP as some users were having issues while flashing. The process is pretty simple.

- First of all, grab the proper recovery firmware from Xiaomi's site. You can get it here or here. Make sure to download the proper variant as per your device and needs.

- Once downloaded, open it using an archive manager and delete the compability.zip archive in it. This archive enforces version checks and is supposed to stop the flashing process if there is a mismatch of specified firmware requirements by OEM. Read more on it here.

- Now go navigate into META-INF directory or its sub-directories and locate updater-script which pass instructions on which partitions are supposed to be flashed. This script contains various assert which need to be removed. Find lines such as:
    Code:
    and
    Code:
    Remove all such lines.

Save the changes and now flash the build. It should flash successfully without any issues. Remember to disable AVB as it will render your device unbootable if you wish to flashback TWRP again.

Code:
    and
    Code:
    Remove all such lines.