[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][TWRP - 3.3.1-0][Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 PRO]

yakovpol

Sep 23, 2013
I have installed the latest miui eu using twrp (TWRP 3.3.0, cleared userdata to install it). It seemed to work ok (wiped data and flashed zip). But after the first boot on miui EU whenever i Try to reboot into TWRP (volume up) it stays stuck in the teamwin screen and never boots into recovery. Anyone has passed this? I haven't installed the additional thermal zip, could that be it?
That "thermal zip" is doing much more, it patches fstab file so the mount options for userdata are changed for both system and TWRP. In other words, TWRP cannot work properly with userdata in format which MIUI is using. In order to solve this TWRP deverloper suggests to patch fstab.
The fact that TWRP has issues with MIUI encryption is indicated on the very first page of this thread.

PsyCLown89

Oct 11, 2010
Johannesburg
That "thermal zip" is doing much more, it patches fstab file so the mount options for userdata are changed for both system and TWRP. In other words, TWRP cannot work properly with userdata in format which MIUI is using. In order to solve this TWRP deverloper suggests to patch fstab.

The fact that TWRP has issues with MIUI encryption is indicated on the very first page of this thread.
Sigh, would have been nice to know that sooner.

It seemed like a dodgy file with possible tweaks.

Gotta wipe phone again to fix this then. Grr

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

ut31337

Jun 19, 2012
Kazan
I've install 3.3.0 a week ago, with all wipes and patch from topic guideline. Today it's even not booting. Tried to flash 3.3.1 from fastboot - same crap. Do not name it recovery, it's simply can't even load itself.

Отправлено с моего Redmi Note 7 Pro через Tapatalk

PsyCLown89

Oct 11, 2010
Johannesburg
I've install 3.3.0 a week ago, with all wipes and patch from topic guideline. Today it's even not booting. Tried to flash 3.3.1 from fastboot - same crap. Do not name it recovery, it's simply can't even load itself.

Отправлено с моего Redmi Note 7 Pro через Tapatalk
Good to know, I'm not gonna wipe my phone to load twrp if it doesn't allow you to boot up into it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Naveenthemi

Aug 8, 2016
Can someone here explain what the encryption problem really is?
I had the recovery running for a while but got it removed as I wanted the OTA updates..

ut31337

Jun 19, 2012
Kazan

Mr Seshu

Jan 31, 2018
GUNTUR
Official twrp installed successfully and upgraded my device to xiaomi eu rom 9.5.30, but whenever I want to come to recovery TWRP stuck at the screen, not able run twrp

Naveenthemi

Aug 8, 2016
means u installed this recovery on official miui n u r able to install ota updates normally? also what's the procedure, dwld the update, click install n thats it? N r u able to install magisk on this recovery?
OTA updates didn't work with this one , but I was able to install Magisk, trying a OTA update got me into a bootloop, so I used another TWRP (https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-7-pro/development/unofficial-twrp-3-3-1-proper-t3933531) Unofficial but forced the encryption bug and allowed Magisk and OTA update installation ( u just have to flash the .zip through TWRP)

Kousei Arima

Dec 2, 2018
Reactions: Naveenthemi

raduser

Jun 5, 2019
cannot use fastboot to wipe userdata
"Formatting is not supported for filesystem with type 'f2fs' "
There is a thread on xiaomi.eu on the same issue (I can't post the link; new user), which suggests to use
fastboot erase userdata, instead of
fastboot format userdata.
Also it has something to do with using usb 2.0 instead of 3.0. I am not sure. I am still waiting for my bootloader unlock period to be over so can't confirm the same. See if that works for you.

Reactions: MadhavArora09

r.Ry4N.05

Sep 25, 2017
There is a thread on xiaomi.eu on the same issue (I can't post the link; new user), which suggests to use
fastboot erase userdata, instead of
fastboot format userdata.
Also it has something to do with using usb 2.0 instead of 3.0. I am not sure. I am still waiting for my bootloader unlock period to be over so can't confirm the same. See if that works for you.
Won't that erase the /data partition entirely, rendering the phone unusable until it is re-formatted properly? I did that by accident on my old phone, and it was stuck in a bootloop.

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

raduser

Jun 5, 2019
Won't that erase the /data partition entirely, rendering the phone unusable until it is re-formatted properly? I did that by accident on my old phone, and it was stuck in a bootloop.

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 using XDA Labs
"suggest-twrp-for-redmi-note-7-pro-china-stable-rom.50605"
this is the thread title on xiaomi.eu. Have a look there. (post #7)
Apparently it worked for the user. I have yet to try this.

Last edited:

trutta

Nov 22, 2008
Hello, i read and i read, but what is the right Way to install TWRP and Magisk? I am in Note 7 Pro ch and i will install xiaomi.eu Miui Rom. And i need Rood.

Please tell me, what is the right Way?

Thanks Bro

Mar 13, 2015
dhaka
www.facebook.com
System is not booting after flashing TWRP

I have flashed TWRP 3.3.1 successfully . after that I rebooted into TWRP and it does not enter its recovery UI. After that, I tried to reboot the phone but it goes to recover screen again without entering recovery UI. I can't open my phone now. please help.
At the beginning, after flashing the twrp it was showing only TWRP screen not the options. then i rebooted the system and the phone rebooted without any issue (till now, phone was ok). then I again flashed the twrp but it remained the same. after that i tried different command from the Powershell. (fastboot boot twrp.img) and it showed downloading. after waiting for 5 min, I just closed the PowerShell and tried to reboot. from that time I cannot boot my phone anymore. then i again flashed the recovery but could not boot the phone. when i triy to boot the phone it only shows the recovery screen. I've attached the commands that I used to flash TWRP. Please help me to solve the problem.

Attachments

Mr Seshu

Jan 31, 2018
GUNTUR
I have flashed TWRP 3.3.1 successfully . after that I rebooted into TWRP and it does not enter its recovery UI. After that, I tried to reboot the phone but it goes to recover screen again without entering recovery UI. I can't open my phone now. please help.
At the beginning, after flashing the twrp it was showing only TWRP screen not the options. then i rebooted the system and the phone rebooted without any issue (till now, phone was ok). then I again flashed the twrp but it remained the same. after that i tried different command from the Powershell. (fastboot boot twrp.img) and it showed downloading. after waiting for 5 min, I just closed the PowerShell and tried to reboot. from that time I cannot boot my phone anymore. then i again flashed the recovery but could not boot the phone. when i triy to boot the phone it only shows the recovery screen. I've attached the commands that I used to flash TWRP. Please help me to solve the problem.
Do this process in fastboot erase userdata first then fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img then it will boot into twrp recovery then wipe(not advanced) type yes to wipe and then flash vbeta file and decrypt, but I am also facing issues like twrp stuck screen in recovery, I am using eu rom 9.6.5,

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

Yesterday I tried to update latest eu rom 9.6.5 with twrp recovery, flahed latest zip file 9.6.5 successful but not booted, when I tapped reboot button after successful installation, device again came to twrp logo screen and stuck, again I have to erase the userdata via fastboot to work twrp normal, but I lost the data, what to do twrp work normally?

Naveenthemi

Aug 8, 2016
Hello, i read and i read, but what is the right Way to install TWRP and Magisk? I am in Note 7 Pro ch and i will install xiaomi.eu Miui Rom. And i need Rood.

Please tell me, what is the right Way?

Thanks Bro
First unlock the bootloader using the MiUnlock tool, now flash this TWRP(it fixes the encryption bug, use your lock screen passcode to decrypt(https://forum.xda-developers.com/re...pment/unofficial-twrp-3-3-1-proper-t3933531), now once TWRP is installed boot into the device once and download the Magisk 19.3 Zip from the XDA forum, once you do that reboot back into TWRP and flash this, now once u boot you can see the Magisk Manager and root functionality.

Reactions: trutta