[Recovery][Official] TWRP 3.3.1-10 [G97*0][Snap][3.Jan.20]

Search This thread

Mason76

Oct 5, 2016
No. It means system gets mounted by flashing kernel or enc disabler and magisk won't flash with a mounted system.

thats about this,phone dont start,loading in download mode

rocess from bone stock
1. Flash TWRP.tar in Odin
2. Reboot directly into TWRP
3. Format data, reboot recovery
4. Flash kernel
5. Flash encryption disabler if desired.
6. Unmount system, Flash Magisk 19.4 (not 20.*)
7. Reboot system

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
Does this mean you have tested it?

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Could you please let us know in general, if your latest builds of TWRP and kernel is working with Android 10 on our S series or Note series devices?

TWRP works yes, just don't flash the custom kernel. Use stock boot.img.

Flash TWRP tar in Odin
Boot recovery.
Format data
Flash enc disablet
Flash magisk 20.3

Boot

Reactions: tombbb

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
How? Instructions here are pretty vague, just like on TWRP's official site... In Odin I need to choose from options: Bl, AP, CP, CSC and Userdata...

Flash using the AP tab. Make sure you read up on flashing firmware to a Samsung device before proceeding. Odin is a widely used tool, with loads of guides on setting up and flashing. Flashing TWRP will trip Knox and you will never be able to reset it. Meaning spay will be gone forever.

kkoo

May 14, 2008
TWRP works yes, just don't flash the custom kernel. Use stock boot.img.

Flash TWRP tar in Odin
Boot recovery.
Format data
Flash enc disablet
Flash magisk 20.3

Boot

This does not work on the G9700. It gives this error, which is what the "download mode boot" means (pic attached)

I tried it all ways an I'm using the latest (and only) Android10 Stock ROM for TGY

Attachments

• error-g9700.jpg
    error-g9700.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 222

kkoo

May 14, 2008
Sorry my fault I thought this was my note 10 thread. You need to utilize the custom kernel.

I'm unable to boot into recovery after I flash TWRP with Odin, so can't flash the kernel. I can try to flash the kernel (weta10) from TWRP 3.3.1-9 and then flash TWRP 3.3.1-10 and see.

But from stock Android 10, to Odin flash TWRP 3.3.1-10 gives that error.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
I'm unable to boot into recovery after I flash TWRP with Odin, so can't flash the kernel. I can try to flash the kernel (weta10) from TWRP 3.3.1-9 and then flash TWRP 3.3.1-10 and see.

But from stock Android 10, to Odin flash TWRP 3.3.1-10 gives that error.

Flash stock recovery, reset to factory settings using stock rec, then boot back to download mode and reflash TWRP.

Reactions: crubbish

Vuska

Tried that, still get the same error. It doesn't boot to TWRP goes straight into that previous screenshot.
strange....
what i do when i get android 10 are :

flash the stock android 10 rom with odin.
get into system.. simple set... go to setting to activate developers menu and activate usb debugging.
go to download menu.
flash twrp with odin, and dont forget to untick auto reboot.
then press and hold vol down and power key until black screen and quickly press vol up and power... until twrp appear.
then i flash disable dmverity ..... and magisk..
back to twrp

done

only that

Sent from my SM-G9750 using Tapatalk

kkoo

May 14, 2008

Yes is not a procedure issue, I follow the same steps. You have an SM-G9750 probably why it works.

I think the issue might be the Hong Kong Carrier image, I tried using the BL from the previous build from carrier but still same error. I tried these multiple ways.

https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-G9700/TGY/G9700ZHU2BSL7 (carrier Android10 FW image I'm using) - this gives the error in the previous screenshot. The BL is in Chinese not that it matters but maybe it has a bug unlike the build for the HK S10 and S10+.

https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-G9700/TGY/G9700ZHS2ASJU ( carrier Android9 FW image) - this one works with TWRP 3.3.1-9; but the sensors don't work on the devices, carrier fixed this on the A10 image.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
Yes is not a procedure issue, I follow the same steps. You have an SM-G9750 probably why it works.

I think the issue might be the Hong Kong Carrier image, I tried using the BL from the previous build from carrier but still same error. I tried these multiple ways.

https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-G9700/TGY/G9700ZHU2BSL7 (carrier Android10 FW image I'm using) - this gives the error in the previous screenshot. The BL is in Chinese not that it matters but maybe it has a bug unlike the build for the HK S10 and S10+.

https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-G9700/TGY/G9700ZHS2ASJU ( carrier Android9 FW image) - this one works with TWRP 3.3.1-9; but the sensors don't work on the devices, carrier fixed this on the A10 image.

So you connected to the internet and set up device, and checked that oem unlock switch was present before flashing TWRP?

Even if you've unlocked the bootloader previously, you need to do this if data has been wiped.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V

Just trying to grasp what you mean by sensors? With TWRP 3.3.1-9? You are booting through the normal kernel right? And not through the recovery kernel? No button combo to boot?

kkoo

May 14, 2008
Just trying to grasp what you mean by sensors? With TWRP 3.3.1-9? You are booting through the normal kernel right? And not through the recovery kernel? No button combo to boot?

Disregard this, what I meant to say is that using the Stock ROM from the carrier of the Phone the Accelerometer, Compass etc. Sensors don't work. All with stock kernel and no changes to any FW Image. NO TWRP.

TWRP 3.3.1-9 works normal with no issues on my G-9700 with Android9, with your custom kernel.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

So you connected to the internet and set up device, and checked that oem unlock switch was present before flashing TWRP?

Even if you've unlocked the bootloader previously, you need to do this if data has been wiped.

Yes, this is the process I follow; Download Mode gives an error otherwise saying "Custom Binary block by OEM-Lock" or something like that. Basically you have to boot into stock ROM and connect to the WiFi and got to developer mode. the OEM unlock is set an gray out (switch on) then you can flash TWRP with Odin.

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
Disregard this, what I meant to say is that using the Stock ROM from the carrier of the Phone the Accelerometer, Compass etc. Sensors don't work. All with stock kernel and no changes to any FW Image. NO TWRP.

TWRP 3.3.1-9 works normal with no issues on my G-9700 with Android9, with your custom kernel.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Yes, this is the process I follow; Download Mode gives an error otherwise saying "Custom Binary block by OEM-Lock" or something like that. Basically you have to boot into stock ROM and connect to the WiFi and got to developer mode. the OEM unlock is set an gray out (switch on) then you can flash TWRP with Odin.

Yeah that's it, I thought I'd mentioned that in the instructions but obviously not.

Yeah on note 10, using carrier firmware will break nfc and other things.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fwww.neuraldump.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2Fteamwin.png

Official TWRP 3.3.1 for SM-G9750/G9730/G9700

*** Not for USA carrier devices, this will only work on devices with an unlocked bootloader

Telegram thread

Built using OMNI source 9.0
    TWRP v3.3.1

See post #2 for install steps

Changelog...

v1
    Initial build
    MTP, OTG and SDcard all working
    Encryption not working, but being implemented later

v2
    Added N9700 support
    Updated kernel to SI3

v3
    Fixed img flashing

v6
    TWRP is now official
    Magisk patches are no longer included, patch yourself
    Added dtbo img

v7
    Fixed recovery_dtbo
    Encryption support added

TWRP Downloads

Download TWRP 3.3.1 folder
    Telegram thread

Official TWRP tree G9750
    Official TWRP tree G9730
    Official TWRP tree G9700

Thanks to @geiti94 and @klabit87 for allowing me to constantly pick their brains

--------------------->

Beer fund

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP Galaxy s10, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S10+

Contributors
    Mentalmuso, mentalmuso
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/mentalmuso/android_kernel_samsung_beyondq

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2019-10-09
    Last Updated 2019-10-09
    Installation

* Unlock bootloader first
    * Reboot recovery and reboot system now behave normally after flashing.
    * No more patching in Magisk manager at all.
    * Be aware, first clean boot, hangs on building cache, hard reboot after waiting about 3min and you'll boot past this
    * If simply updating your existing TWRP, v9 upwards, you only need to flash the TWRP.img in recovery. No need to reflash kernel and Magisk.

Process from bone stock
    1. Flash TWRP.tar in Odin
    2. Reboot directly into TWRP
    3. Format data, reboot recovery
    4. Flash kernel
    5. Flash encryption disabler if desired.
    6. Unmount system, Flash Magisk 19.4 (not 20.*)
    7. Reboot system

Process from existing TWRP
    1. Flash TWRP.img to recovery
    2. Reboot recovery
    3. Flash Kernel zip
    4. Unmount system and Flash Magisk zip
    5. Reboot system

--->
    Don't update to Magisk 20.0, there are issues with it on Qualcomm devices.
    TWRP 3.3.1-10 + WETA Kernel 3.0 for Android 10 only

Updated for Android 10

G9700

G9730

G9750

--->
    TWRP 3.3.1-6

TWRP is now official
    Added dtbo for magisk
    Magisk is not included patched into imgs from now on

Download folder || Telegram

--->