Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It's a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
This device has 2 "slots" for ROMs / firmware. TWRP will detect whichever slot is currently active and use that slot for backup AND restore. There are buttons on the reboot page and under backup -> options to change slots. Changing the active slot will cause TWRP to switch which slot that TWRP is backing up or restoring. You can make a backup of slot A, switch to B, then restore the backup which will restore the backup of A to slot B. Changing the slot in TWRP also tells the bootloader to boot that slot.
Decryption of data works when fastboot booting TWRP AND when permanently installing TWRP
To temporarily boot this recovery:
fastboot boot twrp-[b]build-version[/b]-lake.img
To permanently install it:
- Temporarily boot twrp
- Place the twrp-installer zip on your internal/external storage, or push to /sdcard or /external_sd using adb:
adb push twrp-installer-[b]build-version[/b]-lake.zip /sdcard (or /external_sd)
- Tap Install -> Navigate to /sdcard or /external_sd and select the twrp-installer -> Swipe to install
- Reboot recovery. NOTE: if you had Magisk installed previously, be sure to flash again before rebooting to System
- NOTE: you can flash the twrp-installer zip directly in Magisk Manager as a module to install and/or update TWRP!
NOTE: Currently, there is no official twrp-installer zip, but there will be for the next official update. However, you can use the "unofficial" twrp-installer for the time being as it is built using the same sources
• TWRP (Official) || https://twrp.me/motorola/motorolamotog7plus.html
• TWRP (Unofficial) || twrp-3.3.1-lake-Q-v1.img
• INSTALLER || twrp-installer-3.3.1-lake-Q-v1.zip
NOTE: The unofficial twrp.img and twrp-installer.zip have been updated for Stock Q and Q based custom ROM's. They may also work on all Pie ROM's (is anyone still using Pie?) as well but is untested
TeamWin Recovery Project 3.3.1, Tool/Utility for the Moto G7 Plus
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_motorola_lake
Current Stable Version: 3.3.1-0
Stable Release Date: 2019-07-23
Current Beta Version: 3.3.1
Beta Release Date: 2019-05-11
Last Updated 2020-04-03