• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL] TWRP-3.3.1.x [X01AD]

Search This thread

rohanpls

Jan 22, 2019
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
OnePlus 7T
v8Ehs6P.jpg

Disclaimer

Code:
/**
*  What you do with your device is your choice.
*  None of the developers of this software will be held accountable for any damages to your device or to third parties.
*  You should know this by now.
**/

What's this?

This is Official TeamWin Recovery Project for Asus Zenfone Max M2 (X01AD).

Known Issues:
  • None yet. You tell me.

Requirements:
  • Unlocked bootloader.
  • Computer/Laptop
  • Common sense and the device X01AD ofcourse :p

Download:
https://twrp.me/asus/asuszenfonemaxm2.html

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL] TWRP-3.3.1.x [X01AD], ROM for the Asus Zenfone Max M2

Contributors
Mr147, kubersharma, bauuuuu
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-05-25

Created 2019-05-03
Last Updated 2019-05-25

jeno33

May 3, 2019
Will this work on max m2 X01AD. i read your github description of the device.My device has the same spec but my about phone section shows the name Asus X01AD.

jeno33

May 3, 2019
i am unable to flash gsi with this twrp and pie(both updates) or oreo stock vendor. i am unable to mount system to flash magisk. Also after flashing gsi system image when i check the system partition under wipe--advanced wipe--system, it shows used space 7 mb. Dont know if thats the problem. Can you please help me

persona78

Apr 12, 2013
Steps to follow:

1. Download & flash using fastboot
2. Flash Forced_decryption.zip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NhBSCbk4RHEqbo_zRrAvxkYyQO4oH80O
3. Wipe data after flashing recovery (one time).
4. Reboot to recovery! :D

Hi!
After force decryption like steps, it work but... after boot phone bricked and show this on screen:

Warning
Your device is corrupt. It can´t be trusted and not work properly
Visit this link on another device:
g.co./ABHg.co/ABH

If power key not pressed:
Your device will poweroff in 30 seconds

I half fix the problem, it boot but i had to go to ASUS support, download UL-ASUS_X01A-WW-16.2018.1905.42-user ROM, change update-script device name because script says ASUS_X01A_1 and TWRP says X01AD and i had to delete this lines to:
Code:
getprop("ro.build.version.release") == "9" || getprop("ro.build.version.incremental") == "15.2016.1902.159-20190227" || abort("This FULL package is SPECIALLY for 9.0 and S159(15.2016.1902.159-20190227) on 8.0!!!; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.build.version.incremental") + "\".");
(!less_than_int(1557109512, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))) || abort("E3003: Can't install this package (Mon May  6 10:25:12 CST 2019) over newer build (" + getprop("ro.build.date") + ").");
Like this i manage to flash with TWRP... But is not all...

I had to go to Bootloader and execute this command:
Code:
fastboot format data

It give a fail info but do the trick!
Format with TWRP doens´t encrypt again, like this it works.
Then need to flash TWRP again, and then format data, factory reset.

Now it boot show 2 screens with that info from above, 1 says 5 sec with White font and the other 30sec with red font, but if press power screen blinks, release power key and system boot.

Is there any way to fix this mess??? And find stock recovery???

Thanks.

Jay_1212

Jan 24, 2018
Surat
Hi!
After force decryption like steps, it work but... after boot phone bricked and show this on screen:

I half fix the problem, it boot but i had to go to ASUS support, download UL-ASUS_X01A-WW-16.2018.1905.42-user ROM, change update-script device name because script says ASUS_X01A_1 and TWRP says X01AD and i had to delete this lines to:

Like this i manage to flash with TWRP... But is not all...

I had to go to Bootloader and execute this command:

It give a fail info but do the trick!
Format with TWRP doens´t encrypt again, like this it works.
Then need to flash TWRP again, and then format data, factory reset.

Now it boot show 2 screens with that info from above, 1 says 5 sec with White font and the other 30sec with red font, but if press power screen blinks, release power key and system boot.

Is there any way to fix this mess??? And find stock recovery???

Thanks.
Why dont you flash fastboot rom

niney999

Feb 7, 2020
Lock State

I have followed the steps. I get to the message ... Sending OKAY. Writing failed not allowed in Lock State. Just wondered what I can do next? Thankyou

Top Liked Posts