• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Recovery][Official] TWRP 3.4.0-15 [T860/5][22.Jul.2020]

Search This thread

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
I don't know how long you've been waiting but it takes some times before most of the Samsung and Google apps appear in the app drawer.

If you backuped up your apps and settings in the Samsung Cloud or onto your SD Card, you could recover most of them.

I hope you did a TWRP backup before you upgraded... ;)
I was actually bragging about having frozen those preinstalled apps. My main motivation for rooting *always* is to make Google, and device manufacturer apps not work. 😉

I was surprised that the freeze survived (numerous) reboots, too.

Last edited:

Goryna

May 10, 2009
Привет.
Возможно ли получить twrp без форматирования datа и установки multidisabler-samsung-3.1?
Я переустанавливал 11 андроид два раза. Дополнительных манипуляций не делал. После установки TWRP система не грузится.
Мне нужна система с TWRP без шифрования.

Hello. Is it possible to get twrp without formatting dat and installing multidisabler-samsung-3.1? I have reinstalled 11 android two times. I did not do any additional manipulations. After installing TWRP, the system does not boot. I need a TWRP system without encryption.

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Привет.
Возможно ли получить twrp без форматирования datа и установки multidisabler-samsung-3.1?
Я переустанавливал 11 андроид два раза. Дополнительных манипуляций не делал. После установки TWRP система не грузится.
Мне нужна система с TWRP без шифрования.

Hello. Is it possible to get twrp without formatting dat and installing multidisabler-samsung-3.1? I have reinstalled 11 android two times. I did not do any additional manipulations. After installing TWRP, the system does not boot. I need a TWRP system without encryption.

If you have a TWRP backup pre-Android 11, just restore it, reboot and save all you apps and data onto your SD Card, a USB key or on the cloud (Samsung or Microsoft or any one) using the SmartSwitch function.
Then upgrade again to Android 11 and then install TWRP.
In all case you have to format your data partition or your system won't boot. Once the basic setup in done you can restore all your data from the above source and you will recover everything including your Home screen setup, except the internal storage...

If you internal storage is full of stuffs, better backup it up separately onto a HDD/SSD or onto the PC storage using the PC SmartSwitch software.

Last edited:
Reactions: TiTiB

Goryna

May 10, 2009
If you have a TWRP backup pre-Android 11, just restore it, reboot and save all you apps and data onto your SD Card, a USB key or on the cloud (Samsung or Microsoft or any one) using the SmartSwitch function.
Then upgrade again to Android 11 and then install TWRP.
In all case you have to format your data partition or your system won't boot. Once the basic setup in done you can restore all your data from the above source and you will recover everything including your Home screen setup, except the internal storage...

If you internal storage is full of stuffs, better backup it up separately onto a HDD/SSD or onto the PC storage using the PC SmartSwitch software.
Друг мне нужна зашифрованная система и TWRP. Как я понял это не возможно.

Friend I need an encrypted system and TWRP. As I understand it is not possible.

bartleby999

Jan 5, 2015

TWRP cannot see files if they're encrypted.
Why do you need encryption?

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
Android 11 works TWRP and magisk
TWRP only showing if you have cable connected to laptop need to be turned on .
If I understand correctly, you are talking about booting to TWRP?

I follow the advice of @bartleby999 and use the Official TWRP app to boot to TWRP; it's the only method I use now.

Reactions: bartleby999

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010

Well I don't really understand your actual post as you said the contrary with the previous one...

"Hello. Is it possible to get twrp without formatting dat and installing multidisabler-samsung-3.1? I have reinstalled 11 android two times. I did not do any additional manipulations. After installing TWRP, the system does not boot. I need a TWRP system without encryption.". ^^

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
If I understand correctly, you are talking about booting to TWRP?

I follow the advice of @bartleby999 and use the Official TWRP app to boot to TWRP; it's the only method I use now.

As you're now root you can also use "Easy Reboot" available on the official Play Store which give you more options. ;)

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Android 11 works TWRP and magisk
TWRP only showing if you have cable connected to laptop need to be turned on .

This is only true during the install and setup process but after that you don't need to connect it to a computer anymore. Just install and use "Easy Reboot" available on the Play Store or any other apps doing the same thing...

carlo67

Feb 8, 2011
hi
I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256GB Wi-Fi + LTE SM-T865 with android 10 UI 2.5.

how to root android 10 for UI 2.5 ? or pre root ROMS?
can u help me please

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
hi
I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256GB Wi-Fi + LTE SM-T865 with android 10 UI 2.5.

how to root android 10 for UI 2.5 ? or pre root ROMS?
can u help me please

Do a little search in the Tab S6 sections and you'll find many different methods depending of what you need : root only, root with Magisk or root with TWRP... ^^

By the way do you know there is a Android 11 firmware with OneUI 3.1 and april 2021 security patches available with your device ?

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
I just remembered that EdXposed has 'Reboot to Recovery' (and others), and it works.

Yes that's true but if I mention "Easy Reboot", it's because you have more options as I already mentioned : Power Off, Restart, Safe Mode, Fast reboot, Recovery AND Bootloader !
And you also have the option to confirm any of these operations before they apply

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
Yes that's true but if I mention "Easy Reboot", it's because you have more options as I already mentioned : Power Off, Restart, Safe Mode, Fast reboot, Recovery AND Bootloader !
And you also have the option to confirm any of these operations before they apply
What led me to even think of EdXposed was that searching for Easy Reboot using Aurora Store, filtering out GSF Dependant, and Paid yielded poor results.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but EdXposed has the reboot options Userspace, System, Recovery, Bootloader, Download, and Emergency. Not sure what 'Emergency' is, but it *might* be Safe Mode. Power Off, and Restart are built-in capabilities of any ROM.

Reactions: Arobase40

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
What led me to even think of EdXposed was that searching for Easy Reboot using Aurora Store, filtering out GSF Dependant, and Paid yielded poor results.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but EdXposed has the reboot options Userspace, System, Recovery, Bootloader, Download, and Emergency. Not sure what 'Emergency' is, but it *might* be Safe Mode. Power Off, and Restart are built-in capabilities of any ROM.

Okayyyy !!!!

Since now and for many years I didn't figure out these options were in the EdXposed manager apps (I just remember there was a Soft reboot option in very old versions and nothing else) and even after you tell me it took me a long time before I found out... ^^

But I still prefer Easy reboot as this a very small apps you can place safely somewhere in the welcome screen.

Thanks anyway to put my eyes on this possibility with EdXposed and I feel I will go to sleep a bit smarter. (y) :geek:

carlo67

Feb 8, 2011
Do a little search in the Tab S6 sections and you'll find many different methods depending of what you need : root only, root with Magisk or root with TWRP... ^^

By the way do you know there is a Android 11 firmware with OneUI 3.1 and april 2021 security patches available with your device ?
I would like to have

I would like to have the Magisk and root with TWRP. or which way to do it. .
can I root android 11 yet?

carlo67

Feb 8, 2011

question
is the android 11 available now for this tablet?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fwww.neuraldump.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2Fteamwin.png

Official TWRP 3.4.0 for SM-T860 + SM-T865

Telegram thread

Built using OMNI source 9.0
    TWRP v3.4.0

See post #2 for install steps

Changelog...

v1
    Initial build
    MTP, OTG and SDcard all working
    Encryption not working, but being implemented later
    * There is a kernel in the download folder for the T865, flashing this after booting into TWRP should give T865 full function.

v2
    Added T865 support
    Updated kernel to SI3

v3
    Fixed img flashing

v5
    Encryption support added
    Fixed brightness function

v7
    Now using a recovery_dtbo

v15
    Updated to 3.4.0 twrp
    Updated kernel and dtbo (TF2 Android 10 only)

TWRP Downloads

Download TWRP 3.4.0 folder T860
    Download TWRP 3.4.0 folder T865
    WETA Kernel
    Telegram thread

Thanks to @geiti94 and @klabit87 for allowing me to constantly pick their brains

--------------------->

Beer fund

XDA:DevDB Information
    Galaxy Tab S6 TWRP, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

Contributors
    Mentalmuso, mentalmuso
    Source Code: [Kernel Source

Version Information

Created 2019-09-30
    Last Updated 2019-09-30
    TWRP installation changed

Download folder.T860
    Download folder.T865
    WETA Kernel

* Unlock bootloader first
    * Reboot recovery and reboot system now behave normally after flashing.
    * No more patching in Magisk manager at all.
    * Be aware, first clean boot, hangs on building cache, hard reboot after waiting about 3min and you'll boot past this
    * If simply updating your existing TWRP, v9 upwards, you only need to flash the TWRP.img in recovery. No need to reflash kernel and Magisk.

Process from bone stock
    1. Flash TWRP.tar in Odin
    2. Reboot directly into TWRP
    3. Format data, reboot recovery
    4. Flash custom kernel (Android 10, this is optional)
    5. Flash encryption disabler.
    6. Unmount system, Flash Magisk 20.4
    7. Reboot system

Process from existing TWRP
    1. Flash TWRP.img to recovery
    2. Reboot recovery
    3. Flash Kernel zip
    4. Unmount system and Flash Magisk zip
    5. Reboot system

--->
    TWRP 3.3.1-10

Updated kernel to SK1
    Fixed backup corruption
    WETA Kernel also updated and a fully permissive version added.

Downloads

--->
    TWRP 3.3.1-9

Changed the orientation to portrait
    Fixed brightness control

* Please read the guide on post #2 for new install info. Things have changed, and are way easier with benefits.

Downloads

--->
    TWRP installation changed

Download folder

It is now possible to reboot rooted and reboot recovery without the button combo. To achieve this we need to flash custom kernel to boot.img and flash magisk via TWRP. TWRP now, should not be patched with magisk either. In the downloads folder, is a kernel zip for your device. This needs to be flashed in TWRP followed by the flashing of Magisk zip (19.4 recommended.)

After that, I would reflash an unpatched TWRP.img from within TWRP to recovery partition. This eliminates magisk from the recovery side of things, which isn't needed anymore.

Process from stock (rooted)
    1. Flash TWRP.tar in Odin
    2. Reboot directly into TWRP
    3. Flash Kernel zip
    4. Flash Magisk zip
    5. Flash encryption disabler if desired.
    6. Reboot system (not recovery)

Process from existing TWRP
    1. Flash unpatched TWRP.img to recovery
    2. Reboot recovery
    3. Flash Kernel zip
    4. Flash Magisk zip
    5. Reboot system (not recovery