I have the latest WETA_Kernel_T860-8.0_UB7.zip the only problem is we had 2 previous versions that crashed my device and I had to reflash stock. I can't remember now if I deleted them I am 90 percent sure I did. The problem is it was such a hard crash I wouldn't feel right giving you a bad kernel because it kernel panics and it's hard to get into Odin mode. I'm trying to find a up to date kernel backup app and make a backup of my kernel so I know it works. Flashing is old and ex manager for some reason doesn't put it where I can find it I'm trying
I'm pretty sure that one works because I don't think I kept the others downloaded I would guess img 3 actually.
Nice I'm glad it was the right one. Setenforce 0 is the correct command I forgot the space lol. I use magisk permissive module or selinux app. I was sure I deleted the bad ones.I am gonna try both. Thanx for links and permissive tips.
I find magisk permissive module which works but setenforce0 command not work.
kernel #3.img works out of box but Magisk should be reinstalled and re rooted.
Thank you Techguy...perhaps you have Shark recovery ? I had it on my sdcard before I formated it.
Hello there,TWRP installation changed
* Unlock bootloader first
* Reboot recovery and reboot system now behave normally after flashing.
* No more patching in Magisk manager at all.
* Be aware, first clean boot, hangs on building cache, hard reboot after waiting about 3min and you'll boot past this
* If simply updating your existing TWRP, v9 upwards, you only need to flash the TWRP.img in recovery. No need to reflash kernel and Magisk.
Process from bone stock
1. Flash TWRP.tar in Odin
2. Reboot directly into TWRP
3. Format data, reboot recovery
4. Flash custom kernel (Android 10, this is optional)
5. Flash encryption disabler.
6. Unmount system, Flash Magisk 20.4
7. Reboot system
Process from existing TWRP
1. Flash TWRP.img to recovery
2. Reboot recovery
3. Flash Kernel zip
4. Unmount system and Flash Magisk zip
5. Reboot system
rename magisk23.apk to magisk23.zip and install in twrp.Hello there,
I have been trying to root my Tab S6 using the method described.. unfortunately with no luck. My tab goes into boot loop. Tried to do this 2-3 times. Had to re-flash stock using Odin.
Android 11 (Latest Stock Build for Germany)
TWRP version used: TWRP_T865_3.4.0-15.tar
Encryption disabler: Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip
Magisk: Version 21, since this is the latest version available as a zip
Possibly it is the Magisk version which is creating problems, since I have Android 11. If that's the case, can someone tell me how I can flash Magisk 23? Currently, Magisk 23 is only available as an apk.
Any other problems that you guys notice?
Thanks in advance for your kind help! Much appreciated.