• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][Official] TWRP 3.4.0-6 [T83x][mtp][otg]

Search This thread

daitalos

Aug 4, 2014
The Whole 🌍 is My Home
Jus got my Tab S4, it's completely stock and fresh Andrdoid 10, One UI 2.1

When I try to install the latest TWRP through the AP slot on Odin, I get an error message saying only official released binaries are allowed to be used.

I have OEM unlocking unlocked.

First,you can read post #2 in OP. Make sure BT is unlocked ! (read & here an interesting article about samsung :
Installation | Magisk (topjohnwu.github.io) )
Maybe you need & "encryption disabler" ! . Also, check if you have the latest BT etc..
It is a good idea, to temporarily remove the "samsung & google" accounts before you start ...

daitalos

Aug 4, 2014
The Whole 🌍 is My Home
So I'm a little unclear, does this worth with the LTE version or not?

What you want to do on your device is up to you, I can not tell you what to do, sorry...
(personally , I have T830 - android 10 , and I'm using "NiceLock Downloader Companion" and some Modules for my device without Root because maybe later i will sell the device and I want Knox to write _0 .... :)
( I do not know if you use it, is here if you want to read etc.. : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...p-v2-16-manual-download-links-thread.3923844/ )
sorry for english & GL

jinglei207

Jan 1, 2018
You can flash TWRP two ways, either directly from an existing TWRP install, using the linked TWRP.img file. Or you can flash using Odin and the TWRP.tar file.

You will need a custom kernel with dm-verity disabled to be able to boot up afterwards. You will also need to disable encryption and format data to be able to read from the sdcard (encryption isn't supported).

The flashing process is as follows.

Get yourself onto stock Pie firmware, using Odin to flash the complete package. Before proceeding. Boot up and make sure you have OEM unlock switch and its activated.

1. Boot into Download mode and Flash TWRP (Download) using Odin (use AP)
2. Immediately boot into TWRP after flashing takes place, hold vol up and power.
3. Format data partition (wipe/format data)
4. Reboot recovery
5. Copy WETA Kernel + Encryption disabler + Magisk zip to device. - (Download Kernel - Encryption disabler)
6. Flash WETA Kernel + Encrypt disabler + Magisk zip.
7. Boot up system, if it hangs on Samsung logo after 3min perform hard reboot.
8. Connect to internet and go to dev settings and check oem unlock is present before any rebooting.

** Custom kernel is universal for all bootloader v4 firmware.

--->
Hi, can you make a new custom kernel for the new T835XXU4CTK1? firmware?
I tried to flash the kernel, it was able to boot, but can't use the power button to turn on the screen... volume buttons dont work. I can turn off the screen though.

EDIT:

sorry, i just realized that i downloaded the old kernel. with the FT5 kernel, the buttons work now.
But can't use facial recognition. (could't open camera. Try again.)

EDIT:

doesn't work, after few reboots, the tablet just keeps rebooting: few seconds on the lockscreen and reboots to the SAMSUNG logo.

Last edited:

Ninemeister

May 27, 2019
Greetings!

I have a T835N (LTE Korean version) running Android 9.

I followed all of the OPs steps line by line and have made about six or seven attempts. The device is unlocked and gives the impression that every step completed with no hiccups or errors whatsoever, but still does not have root when I check the status.

The files I used were:
Disable_Dm-Verify_ForceEncrypt_05.21.2019.zip
Magisk-v21.4.zip
WETA_Kernel_T83x_5.0.zip

Is the T835N an exception to this root procedure?

Thank you!

masster64

Jan 17, 2010
@Mentalmuso
I'm being told by @SkandaH that the build my tablet is currently on (T835XXU5CUE2) comes with bootloader version v5. However, he said it is still possible to create an unofficial compatible TWRP build based on a pre-built stock kernel. Could you help me out, please? See the screenshots.
Detailed issue here
screenshot_20210728-204552_settings-jpg.5372805

20210729_071444-jpg.5373053

2021-07-29_071148-jpg.5373055

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.4 for Android 10 SM-T83x

This build of TWRP is now Official.
    Official TWRP web link

Built using OMNI source
    TWRP v3.4

See post #2 for install steps

Changelog...

Initial build
    MTP, OTG and SDcard all working

Now in portrait mode
    Brightness fixed

Updated for Android 10

TWRP Downloads

Download folder

Official device tree on twrp.me

--------------------->

Kernel Source
    Source

Device Tree
    Source

--------------------->

Beer fund
    You can flash TWRP two ways, either directly from an existing TWRP install, using the linked TWRP.img file. Or you can flash using Odin and the TWRP.tar file.

You will need a custom kernel with dm-verity disabled to be able to boot up afterwards. You will also need to disable encryption and format data to be able to read from the sdcard (encryption isn't supported).

The flashing process is as follows.

Get yourself onto stock Pie firmware, using Odin to flash the complete package. Before proceeding. Boot up and make sure you have OEM unlock switch and its activated.

1. Boot into Download mode and Flash TWRP (Download) using Odin (use AP)
    2. Immediately boot into TWRP after flashing takes place, hold vol up and power.
    3. Format data partition (wipe/format data)
    4. Reboot recovery
    5. Copy WETA Kernel + Encryption disabler + Magisk zip to device. - (Download Kernel - Encryption disabler)
    6. Flash WETA Kernel + Encrypt disabler + Magisk zip.
    7. Boot up system, if it hangs on Samsung logo after 3min perform hard reboot.
    8. Connect to internet and go to dev settings and check oem unlock is present before any rebooting.

** Custom kernel is universal for all bootloader v4 firmware.

--->
    TWRP 3.4-5

Updated for Android 10
    TWRP source updated to 3.4

Downloads

--->
    Install instructions

Post #2 has been updated with a new kernel installer. The issue with the old one is that the magisk environment needed to be present in data if the zip was going to work, and of course wiping data removed that. This zip works without Magisk environment.

Kernel/encryption off zip Download July18

--->

I am new to Tab S4. Format data, what will be affected? Thanks
    Formatting data , formats your data partition. So everything.

[emoji450] --->