• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][Official] TWRP 3.4.0-6 [T83x][mtp][otg]

Search This thread

mghtymse007

Aug 31, 2011
Finally got back around to this. I've tried both 3.0 and 2.0. Always results the same. It's just not working. At this point I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll just put some info in here maybe it'll help someone help me?

- OEM Switch is set to on (oem unlocked)
- Android 10 (QP1A.190711.020.T830XXU5CUE2)
- Knox 3.5, API 31, TIMA 4.1.0
- March 1 2021 security patch
- Kernel Version 4.4.205-21567889
- Tried flashing twrp-3.6.0_9-0-gts4lwifi.img.tar
- Tried flashing TWRP_T83x_3.4.0-6.tar
- Tried flashing twrp-3.5.2_9-0-gts4lwifi.img.tar

Nothing shows on the recovery mode download screen other than the downloading don't unplug from source message and icon.
Status?

I'm having the exact same issue. i have the SM-T820 too (w/same SW and settings as you have). i also have tried all what you've tried...plus a couple factory resets by relocking and unlocking the BL.

1. Now, the Download BL screen no longer has the status text in upper left of screen, and no matter what I try i cannot get TWRP to flash successfully, nor get the text to reappear.

2. Odin sees Tablet and assigns the COM as usual...untick autoboot....tick AP....add tar....but each Each attempt ends with:
_____
'''
Initialization...
All threads completed (successful, 0 failed 1)
_____

3. Also when the factory recovery loads now, at bottom of screen this text appears:

#reboot recovery cause [unknown]
API: 3
manual mode 1.0.0

Any luck?

Status?

I'm having the exact same issue. i have the SM-T820 too (w/same SW and settings as you have). i also have tried all what you've tried...plus a couple factory resets by relocking and unlocking the BL.

1. Now, the Download BL screen no longer has the status text in upper left of screen, and no matter what I try i cannot get TWRP to flash successfully, nor get the text to reappear.

2. Odin sees Tablet and assigns the COM as usual...untick autoboot....tick AP....add tar....but each Each attempt ends with:
_____
'''
Initialization...
All threads completed (successful, 0 failed 1)
_____

3. Also when the factory recovery loads now, at bottom of screen this text appears:

#reboot recovery cause [unknown]
API: 3
manual mode 1.0.0

Any luck?

Mine is the exact same situation. No status upper left of download screen. reboot recovery cause unknown manual mode 1.0.0 api: 3. Hopefully somebody knows what to do

mghtymse007

Aug 31, 2011
Mine is the exact same situation. No status upper left of download screen. reboot recovery cause unknown manual mode 1.0.0 api: 3. Hopefully somebody knows what to do
i am going thru the recovery logs seeing if i can see where its getting hung up...

i did notice:
boot_recovery, is_boot_recovery[1]
(possibly looks like a copy [?], or a backup OEM recovery.image has been enabled/created?)

did you try ODIN 3.14.4?

mghtymse007

Aug 31, 2011
got a few things going again:

tablet off
plug usb cable in to booted computer
hold vol up/down
plug usb cable into tablet while holding vol buttons
tablet will boot into the correct DL mode splash page with text in upper left.

tried flashing from ODIN 3.13 and it did succeed!!!! however, once i held the voldown + pwr to reboot and then @ black screen hold Volup + Pwr to enter recovery....

it failed!!

now the boot screen has the padlock unlock symbol just above "powered by android" and at the top, left yellow text "Set Warranty: Recovery" (*typing this from memory, so actual words may vary) and is stuck now on boot page.

Only way i found to get the tablet booted after the last flash attempt:
hold all three buttons, release power at boot page, hold volup +voldown until long vibration occurs.

Now.....padlock is gone, yellow text is gone and the tablet boots fine.

i'll do more when home.

got a few things going again:

tablet off
plug usb cable in to booted computer
hold vol up/down
plug usb cable into tablet while holding vol buttons
tablet will boot into the correct DL mode splash page with text in upper left.

tried flashing from ODIN 3.13 and it did succeed!!!! however, once i held the voldown + pwr to reboot and then @ black screen hold Volup + Pwr to enter recovery....

it failed!!

now the boot screen has the padlock unlock symbol just above "powered by android" and at the top, left yellow text "Set Warranty: Recovery" (*typing this from memory, so actual words may vary) and is stuck now on boot page.

Only way i found to get the tablet booted after the last flash attempt:
hold all three buttons, release power at boot page, hold volup +voldown until long vibration occurs.

Now.....padlock is gone, yellow text is gone and the tablet boots fine.

i'll do more when home.
Managed to get the proper recovery screen. Odin still fails for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20220112_162301.jpg
    IMG_20220112_162301.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

mghtymse007

Aug 31, 2011
Yeah, I got that screen to reset too.

However, even though the flash is successful every time I try it...regardless of SPFT version....the screen ends up like pic 1. The tablet is completely useless at this point. Only way to get past, is hard shut down and quickly booting with both up/down held until long vibration and screen moves on.

Has anyone seen or dealt with this?? I'm hearing that I need to reflash stock FW...is this correct?

IMG_20220112_192102.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mghtymse007

Aug 31, 2011
Managed to get the proper recovery screen. Odin still fails for me.
Spent some time with upgrading to latest TWRP 3.6.0. Reviewed error logs on both systems. Got a few things for you to try...

(Notes: You should be using SAMFW 1.5.65.0, not 1.7.48.
Use ODIN 3.13.3-1
Before you begin, do a clean reinstall of the Samsung drivers, and reboot....regardless of version previously used.
Do not unplug tablet until all steps completed. Use USB 2.0 if avail, (if 3.0, enter bios and temp change to legacy)

1. When in DL mode, DON'T untick Autoboot....but be sure to keep finger on volup button when you hit start.

2. Flash TWRP tar first.....not vbmeta.tar

3. Tablet will reboot. Once screen goes black....hold volup

4. Tablet may display "custom ROM warning page". Release volup key, hit pwr to continue and IMMEDIATELY press and hold volup again

5. Tablet reboots to page in my previous post with padlock and "CUSTOM" text

6. Return to Odin, now add vbmeta.tar in AP. Do NOT untick Autoboot. Flash.

7. Tablet will quickly reboot. Get ready to Repeat step 3 and 4,

8. TWRP 3.6.0_9.0 should load after second step 4 volup button hold

Hops this helps!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "Failed 1", see screenshot...
    I tried a different PC, tried USB2.0, ODIN refuses to flash TWRP.
    The tablet came with latest T830XXU5CUE2 firmware.
    Could you try this Odin version ?
    TWRP 3.4 for Android 10 SM-T83x

This build of TWRP is now Official.
    Official TWRP web link

Built using OMNI source
    TWRP v3.4

See post #2 for install steps

Changelog...

Initial build
    MTP, OTG and SDcard all working

Now in portrait mode
    Brightness fixed

Updated for Android 10

TWRP Downloads

Download folder

Official device tree on twrp.me

--------------------->

Kernel Source
    Source

Device Tree
    Source

--------------------->

Beer fund
    You can flash TWRP two ways, either directly from an existing TWRP install, using the linked TWRP.img file. Or you can flash using Odin and the TWRP.tar file.

You will need a custom kernel with dm-verity disabled to be able to boot up afterwards. You will also need to disable encryption and format data to be able to read from the sdcard (encryption isn't supported).

The flashing process is as follows.

Get yourself onto stock Pie firmware, using Odin to flash the complete package. Before proceeding. Boot up and make sure you have OEM unlock switch and its activated.

1. Boot into Download mode and Flash TWRP (Download) using Odin (use AP)
    2. Immediately boot into TWRP after flashing takes place, hold vol up and power.
    3. Format data partition (wipe/format data)
    4. Reboot recovery
    5. Copy WETA Kernel + Encryption disabler + Magisk zip to device. - (Download Kernel - Encryption disabler)
    6. Flash WETA Kernel + Encrypt disabler + Magisk zip.
    7. Boot up system, if it hangs on Samsung logo after 3min perform hard reboot.
    8. Connect to internet and go to dev settings and check oem unlock is present before any rebooting.

** Custom kernel is universal for all bootloader v4 firmware.

--->
    TWRP 3.4-5

Updated for Android 10
    TWRP source updated to 3.4

Downloads

--->
    Install instructions

Post #2 has been updated with a new kernel installer. The issue with the old one is that the magisk environment needed to be present in data if the zip was going to work, and of course wiping data removed that. This zip works without Magisk environment.

Kernel/encryption off zip Download July18

--->
    You can flash TWRP two ways, either directly from an existing TWRP install, using the linked TWRP.img file. Or you can flash using Odin and the TWRP.tar file.

You will need a custom kernel with dm-verity disabled to be able to boot up afterwards. You will also need to disable encryption and format data to be able to read from the sdcard (encryption isn't supported).

I am new to Tab S4. Format data, what will be affected? Thanks
    Formatting data , formats your data partition. So everything.

[emoji450] --->