[RECOVERY][Official] TWRP 3.4.0-6 [T83x][mtp][otg]

Search This thread

thatruth132

Oct 1, 2007
los angeles
Important to pie to root
1. Unlock bootloader
2. Install Twrp.
3. Format Data !! After that (restart recovery)
4. Install Pie encrypt disabler
5. Format Data !!
6. Flash magisk.
7. Start pie
8. Unlock bootload (connecting to the internet) very important before you start trwp, otherwise there is a serious mistake, because you can repair only with Odin

Unlock OEM option not available after unlock and reboot and restore

gsadjsajd

Sep 5, 2018
Did you boot and connect to the internet? And don't restore anything until you know things are good.

[emoji450] --->

in Android pie, the bootloader is hidden .You would have to unlock the developer option and the tablet must be connected to the Internet. then the bootloader becomes visible. if you have pie and twrp installed. do not use recovery (twrp) before the bootloader is unlocked !!! otherwise serious mistakes

konchog uma

Oct 29, 2013
trouble at WETA kernel install

hi and thanks mentalmuso for your work. I'm not new to root access or samsung devices, but i am a bit confused at present. i have read instructions in post #2 and this whole thread more than once. unfortunately, i still need some help.

with Odin 3.13.3 i successfully installed XAR (Cellular South) T830XXS3BSF4 pda from sammobile.com. went into Pie, set it up, opened devel options, ticked bootloader unlocked, activated, everything looks good, working stock Pie. installed TWRP, working, and wiped /data. reboot to TWRP, attempted to flash the WETA kernel, got this output:

Checking for Digest file...
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file '/external_sd/WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip'
Updating partition details...
...done

output is the same when flashing the file from internal storage.

could be i didn't make sure /data was mounted and go test my sdcards and all and thats my problem... im gonna reinstall SF4 and have another go at it... any thoughts are appreciated

edit: i was able to see and register /data in the OS with the help of magisk which disables dm-verity, but not in TWRP recovery. Internal storage reads as 0gb. But when I boot into Pie, i have my /data and my root.

i wasn't even able to NAND back cause TWRP wouldn't mount /data. But i got around this by wiping /data, rebooting to recovery to make sure /data mounted, rebooting to download mode, install SF4 with Odin, now on stock Pie til i get sorted.

Last edited:
Reactions: g0at1

thatruth132

Oct 1, 2007
los angeles
in Android pie, the bootloader is hidden .You would have to unlock the developer option and the tablet must be connected to the Internet. then the bootloader becomes visible. if you have pie and twrp installed. do not use recovery (twrp) before the bootloader is unlocked !!! otherwise serious mistakes

your little misinformed

EggZenBeanz

Jul 21, 2005
hi and thanks mentalmuso for your work. I'm not new to root access or samsung devices, but i am a bit confused at present. i have read instructions in post #2 and this whole thread more than once. unfortunately, i still need some help.

with Odin 3.13.3 i successfully installed XAR (Cellular South) T830XXS3BSF4 pda from sammobile.com. went into Pie, set it up, opened devel options, ticked bootloader unlocked, activated, everything looks good, working stock Pie. installed TWRP, working, and wiped /data. reboot to TWRP, attempted to flash the WETA kernel, got this output:

Checking for Digest file...
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file '/external_sd/WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip'
Updating partition details...
...done

output is the same when flashing the file from internal storage.

could be i didn't make sure /data was mounted and go test my sdcards and all and thats my problem... im gonna reinstall SF4 and have another go at it... any thoughts are appreciated

edit: i was able to see and register /data in the OS with the help of magisk which disables dm-verity, but not in TWRP recovery. Internal storage reads as 0gb. But when I boot into Pie, i have my /data and my root.

i wasn't even able to NAND back cause TWRP wouldn't mount /data. But i got around this by wiping /data, rebooting to recovery to make sure /data mounted, rebooting to download mode, install SF4 with Odin, now on stock Pie til i get sorted.

I get the same error 1 message on T835. Followed instructions up to that point

macakfelix

May 9, 2019
root procedure in case of loop

1. Install pie sf4 firmware with odin. Reboot System, finsih setup
2. Enable developer options and OEM Unlock
3. Reboot Download mode and with odin flash TWRP TWRP-ODIN_Pie_3.3.0_sm-t83x_mentalmuso.tar like AP
4. TWRP Format data. reboot twrp
5. TWRP Install Magisk
6. TWRP Install img weta_kernel-t83x-sf4.img(depend if you have 830 or 835) like bootloader. Image extract from WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip.
7. reboot system,
8. Install magisk manager
9. Inside magisk manager install WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip and WETA_M_T83x_v6.1

This work for me. Other solution doesnt work because you cannot install WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip and WETA_M_T83x_v6.1.zip from twrp
Enjoy and drink beer.

Reactions: zamlkawy and g0at1

gsadjsajd

Sep 5, 2018
1. Install pie sf4 firmware with odin. Reboot System, finsih setup
2. Enable developer options and OEM Unlock
3. Reboot Download mode and with odin flash TWRP TWRP-ODIN_Pie_3.3.0_sm-t83x_mentalmuso.tar like AP
4. TWRP Format data. reboot twrp
5. TWRP Install Magisk
6. TWRP Install img weta_kernel-t83x-sf4.img(depend if you have 830 or 835) like bootloader. Image extract from WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip.
7. reboot system,
8. Install magisk manager
9. Inside magisk manager install WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip and WETA_M_T83x_v6.1

This work for me. Other solution doesnt work because you cannot install WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip and WETA_M_T83x_v6.1.zip from twrp
Enjoy and drink beer.

that will crash the system. after "Format Data" the bootloader will be closed (only at Android Pie)!!!! only after you are connected to the Internet and have checked that the bootloader is unlocked you can go to us twrp. I did that at least 20 times without internet connection, then I could only with Odin everything to factory state "flashenx"

konchog uma

Oct 29, 2013
Install instructions

Post #2 has been updated with a new kernel installer. The issue with the old one is that the magisk environment needed to be present in data if the zip was going to work, and of course wiping data removed that. This zip works without Magisk environment.

Kernel/encryption off zip Download July18

--->

thanks for your work on that!

if I'm running WETA ROM v6.1 on my t830 is there any need for this?
I was able to get that installed using magisk, although TWRP still won't mount /data and shows 0mb, the OS is fully functional.

macakfelix

May 9, 2019
please

Please, put that also in mega folder. I cannot acces nextcloud (croatia problem)
Install instructions

Post #2 has been updated with a new kernel installer. The issue with the old one is that the magisk environment needed to be present in data if the zip was going to work, and of course wiping data removed that. This zip works without Magisk environment.

--->

booyakasha22

Jul 24, 2019
Hey guys --

I have read this thread and others -- is it possible yet to get full root on SM-T837T (Tmobile) or because the bootloader is locked, you cant do it? I read Kingroot will work but only give you a half ass root.

I was reading on Androidbiits but not sure this is legit?
root-t-mobile-samsung-galaxy-tab-s4-sm-t837t-gts4lltetmo-easily

I am looking for the easiest way to root using ODIN. Ive never played around with TWRP, but I successfully rooted my SGTS2 no problem before using ODIN

Thanks in advance.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Hey guys --

I have read this thread and others -- is it possible yet to get full root on SM-T837T (Tmobile) or because the bootloader is locked, you cant do it? I read Kingroot will work but only give you a half ass root.

I was reading on Androidbiits but not sure this is legit?

root-t-mobile-samsung-galaxy-tab-s4-sm-t837t-gts4lltetmo-easily

I am looking for the easiest way to root using ODIN. Ive never played around with TWRP, but I successfully rooted my SGTS2 no problem before using ODIN

Thanks in advance.
If the bootloader is locked then there is absolutely no way to root.

Kingroot from my understanding is scamware now.

Simply put, if you don't have oem unlock, then you're out of luck.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

speed_boy

Dec 6, 2008
Hi all.

Is it possible to install TWRP on SF3 firmware? For france the only SF3 exists: XEF-T830XXU3BSF3-20190619172927.zip

Because just tried to install it and had
"Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (recovery).
Security error. This device has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked. Bla bla bla"

Possibly it was my mistake or WETA_T83x_KernelRootNoEnc_SF4_June2019.zip doesn't compatible with SF3 ? I've choosen SF4 when installing this.

Thanks in advance!
Cheerz

Ahh, forget. Reflashed everything from scratch and the answer is YES :)

Last edited:

Demoix

Dec 4, 2017
Hi everyone. I bought first tablet and quite confused why I can't flash it. OEM and Usb debbuging is enabled. Then I turn off and click VOLUME DOWN + VOLUME UP + INSERT USB so I get into download made. Then I choose TWEP tar(twrp-3.3.1-0-gts4lwifi.img.tar) on ODIN(with administrator) at AP but when I click start I get failed. Any ideas why?

<ID:0/006> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> Total Binary size: 30 M
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Hi everyone. I bought first tablet and quite confused why I can't flash it. OEM and Usb debbuging is enabled. Then I turn off and click VOLUME DOWN + VOLUME UP + INSERT USB so I get into download made. Then I choose TWEP tar(twrp-3.3.1-0-gts4lwifi.img.tar) on ODIN(with administrator) at AP but when I click start I get failed. Any ideas why?

<ID:0/006> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..

<ID:0/006> File analysis..

<ID:0/006> Total Binary size: 30 M

<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..

<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
It's not the device, it's your Odin, your drivers or something else PC related. Try a different Odin version is all I can suggest. I have two versions on my laptop, and jump between them, when one isn't working.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.4 for Android 10 SM-T83x

This build of TWRP is now Official.
    Official TWRP web link

Built using OMNI source
    TWRP v3.4

See post #2 for install steps

Changelog...

Initial build
    MTP, OTG and SDcard all working

Now in portrait mode
    Brightness fixed

Updated for Android 10

TWRP Downloads

Download folder

Official device tree on twrp.me

--------------------->

Kernel Source
    Source

Device Tree
    Source

--------------------->

Beer fund
    You can flash TWRP two ways, either directly from an existing TWRP install, using the linked TWRP.img file. Or you can flash using Odin and the TWRP.tar file.

You will need a custom kernel with dm-verity disabled to be able to boot up afterwards. You will also need to disable encryption and format data to be able to read from the sdcard (encryption isn't supported).

The flashing process is as follows.

Get yourself onto stock Pie firmware, using Odin to flash the complete package. Before proceeding. Boot up and make sure you have OEM unlock switch and its activated.

1. Boot into Download mode and Flash TWRP (Download) using Odin (use AP)
    2. Immediately boot into TWRP after flashing takes place, hold vol up and power.
    3. Format data partition (wipe/format data)
    4. Reboot recovery
    5. Copy WETA Kernel + Encryption disabler + Magisk zip to device. - (Download Kernel - Encryption disabler)
    6. Flash WETA Kernel + Encrypt disabler + Magisk zip.
    7. Boot up system, if it hangs on Samsung logo after 3min perform hard reboot.
    8. Connect to internet and go to dev settings and check oem unlock is present before any rebooting.

** Custom kernel is universal for all bootloader v4 firmware.

--->
    TWRP 3.4-5

Updated for Android 10
    TWRP source updated to 3.4

Downloads

--->
    Install instructions

--->
    You can flash TWRP two ways, either directly from an existing TWRP install, using the linked TWRP.img file. Or you can flash using Odin and the TWRP.tar file.

You will need a custom kernel with dm-verity disabled to be able to boot up afterwards. You will also need to disable encryption and format data to be able to read from the sdcard (encryption isn't supported).

I am new to Tab S4. Format data, what will be affected? Thanks
    Formatting data , formats your data partition. So everything.

[emoji450] --->
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone