[RECOVERY][Official] TWRP 3.4.0-6 [T83x][mtp][otg]

Search This thread

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Hi all.

Is it possible to install TWRP on SF3 firmware? For france the only SF3 exists: XEF-T830XXU3BSF3-20190619172927.zip

Because just tried to install it and had

"Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (recovery).

Security error. This device has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked. Bla bla bla"

Possibly it was my mistake or WETA_T83x_KernelRootNoEnc_SF4_June2019.zip doesn't compatible with SF3 ? I've choosen SF4 when installing this.

Thanks in advance!

Cheerz

Ahh, forget. Reflashed everything from scratch and the answer is YES :)
If your device can be oem unlocked then yes. It will work. You need to follow the install instructions and it will work.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

speed_boy

Dec 6, 2008
Found interesting bug after all.
On the ROM XEF-T830XXU2BSD1-20190419152910.zip everything was okay (French one), SD1.

This time i've upgraded to french SF3: XEF-T830XXU3BSF3-20190619172927.zip + twrp + WETA_T83x_KernelRootNoEnc_SF4_June2019.zip
And quite not understandable bug appears.

So, i'm opening settings, password and set password for lock screen. Enter PIN code 2 times, then something asks me: "Backup your PIN? Remote unlock will be tirned on in Find My Mobile and your PIN ... bla bla bla...
To Contimue read and agree."
And only Agree button, so you can't cancel it.

First time i clicked back button and message had gone but I couldn't enter to this setting any more because it asked me a password but my password i've entered didn't work.
Okay, i'm locking the screen and ... it asks me password, ha ha. And it doesn't work!!
Okay, trying restart ... nope. Boot loop.

Okay, go to TWRP, Wipe DATA, start from scratch.

Enter to OS and trying to set PIN for lock screen again. This time i've clicked on Agree.
Next page asks me about enabling Find my device, blablabla. I don't want to do it so i've clicked cancel and stuck on the same again.

So something new in SF3 firmware preventing me from just set the f... password.

Does anybody have the same issue?

Heeeelp :)

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Found interesting bug after all.
On the ROM XEF-T830XXU2BSD1-20190419152910.zip everything was okay (French one), SD1.

This time i've upgraded to french SF3: XEF-T830XXU3BSF3-20190619172927.zip + twrp + WETA_T83x_KernelRootNoEnc_SF4_June2019.zip
And quite not understandable bug appears.

So, i'm opening settings, password and set password for lock screen. Enter PIN code 2 times, then something asks me: "Backup your PIN? Remote unlock will be tirned on in Find My Mobile and your PIN ... bla bla bla...
To Contimue read and agree."
And only Agree button, so you can't cancel it.

First time i clicked back button and message had gone but I couldn't enter to this setting any more because it asked me a password but my password i've entered didn't work.
Okay, i'm locking the screen and ... it asks me password, ha ha. And it doesn't work!!
Okay, trying restart ... nope. Boot loop.

Okay, go to TWRP, Wipe DATA, start from scratch.

Enter to OS and trying to set PIN for lock screen again. This time i've clicked on Agree.
Next page asks me about enabling Find my device, blablabla. I don't want to do it so i've clicked cancel and stuck on the same again.

So something new in SF3 firmware preventing me from just set the f... password.

Does anybody have the same issue?

Heeeelp :)
That's because firmware doesn't match the kernel

Sf3 kernel - https://mega.nz/#!2gV2mCrD!I044ARc0LrtW2P4KVsDDPDzDWUaesOpyHJrZWfaFyhU

thatruth132

Oct 1, 2007
los angeles
So If you have the tmobile variant you screwed.... I can confirm even if you get unlock which you have to get from a third party .... it doesn't and will never unlock the boot loader. Has been checked on at least 3 devices. I want to trip push and all but cut Knox with a knife.

PisaniD

May 16, 2019
I have tried installing TWRP using the method here. I believe I followed all the instructions to the letter. When I rebooted the first time, it worked. When I rebooted the second time, it stuck and now I get a screen saying

"Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (recovery).
Security error. This device has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked."

This screen keeps coming up, no matter what I do.

How do I get out of this please?

speed_boy

Dec 6, 2008
How do I get out of this please?

I had the same when i flashed wrong patch.
So make sure you are using WETA_Kernel_4.x_SF3.img for SF3 ROM
WETA_T83x_Kernel_encryptionoff_SG4.zip - for SG4 ROM
WETA_T83x_KernelRootNoEnc_SF4_June2019.zip for SF4 ROM

I get out from your situation reflashing everything from scratch.
Download mode ... clean ROM ... etc ...

If it's help you I made massive tutorial how to flash SF4 ROM+TWRP (but in russian, so use google translate)
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=925301&st=220#entry87409670

Last edited:

joacastropro

Sep 13, 2019
If your device can be oem unlocked then yes. It will work. You need to follow the install instructions and it will work.

Hi, I'm new here.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (SM T835), I did the OEM unlock process, follow the walkthroughs and still.

I can't put TWRP on my device to root, and get on with the fun of magisk.

I would like to ask for help if possible because I am suffering here.

I did her step by step about 15 times I tried everything and would like a better explanation so I can perform the processing ..

Odin's Logs:
<ID: 0/005> Added !!
<ID: 0/005> Removed !!
<ID: 0/004> Added !!
<ID: 0/004> Odin engine v (ID: 3.1303) ..
<ID: 0/004> File analysis ..
<ID: 0/004> Total Binary Size: 30 M
<ID: 0/004> SetupConnection ..
<ID: 0/004> Initialzation ..
<ID: 0/004> Get PIT for mapping ..
<ID: 0/004> Firmware update start ..
<ID: 0/004> NAND Write Start !!
<ID: 0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID: 0/004> recovery.img
<ID: 0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID: 0/004>
<ID: 0/004> Complete (Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

In the Download Mode settings
FRP LOCK: OFF
OEM LOCK: OFF
RMM STATUS: PRENORMAL
WARRANTY VOIDL 0x0
QUALCOM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
RP SWREV: B2 (1,1,1,1,1) K2 S2
SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE
DID: 205EE466B1DC

Please help me when I flash the file by Odin he shows a message saying following thing.

Message in red:
Only Official released binaries are allowed to be flashed

I ask that please help me !!
I'm rooting on my s4 SM T835 tablet

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Hi, I'm new here.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (SM T835), I did the OEM unlock process, follow the walkthroughs and still.

I can't put TWRP on my device to root, and get on with the fun of magisk.

I would like to ask for help if possible because I am suffering here.

I did her step by step about 15 times I tried everything and would like a better explanation so I can perform the processing ..

Odin's Logs:
<ID: 0/004> Added !!
<ID: 0/004> Odin engine v (ID: 3.1303) ..
<ID: 0/004> File analysis ..
<ID: 0/004> Total Binary Size: 30 M
<ID: 0/004> SetupConnection ..
<ID: 0/004> Initialzation ..
<ID: 0/004> Get PIT for mapping ..
<ID: 0/004> Firmware update start ..
<ID: 0/004> NAND Write Start !!
<ID: 0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID: 0/004> recovery.img
<ID: 0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID: 0/004>
<ID: 0/004> Complete (Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

In the Download Mode settings
FRP LOCK: OFF
OEM LOCK: OFF
RMM STATUS: PRENORMAL
WARRANTY VOIDL 0x0
QUALCOM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
RP SWREV: B2 (1,1,1,1,1) K2 S2
SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE
DID: 205EE466B1DC

Please help me when I flash the file by Odin he shows a message saying following thing.

Message in red:
Only Official released binaries are allowed to be flashed

I ask that please help me !!
I'm rooting on my s4 SM T835 tablet

Prenormal means you can't flash anything but stock in Odin.
Once flashes, boot up, connect to internet make sure oem unlock is present.
Boot to download mode, flash TWRP. Flash custom rooted kernel. Flash encryption disabler, format data.

Then you can boot into a rooted system

joacastropro

Sep 13, 2019
Prenormal means you can't flash anything but stock in Odin.
Once flashes, boot up, connect to internet make sure oem unlock is present.
Boot to download mode, flash TWRP. Flash custom rooted kernel. Flash encryption disabler, format data.

Then you can boot into a rooted system

Hello you would be able to help me do this root on my tablet because I'm already several weeks trying just that I can't and like you talked about the custom kernel how I could put it on my tablet explain the processes or a step by step I can do this in Odin without any problems for me not to have problems of failure because it is very annoying without being able to root my device ah I'm waiting also the hours for the RMM unlock to be completed because you don't have to wait like 148 hours Summing up a week so i'm already in 38 hours already concluded i'm hoping to hit you 48 hours so i can go into developer mode it pops up because the first time it popped up i formatted it made reset as soon as i activated it but when I went back on it was gone from the listener was not showing the developer option so I googled googled a lot and said it was this unlock hey there you have to wait 48 Hours again then I would like to know a tutorial something you can help me to be able to root the S4 tablet.

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Hello you would be able to help me do this root on my tablet because I'm already several weeks trying just that I can't and like you talked about the custom kernel how I could put it on my tablet explain the processes or a step by step I can do this in Odin without any problems for me not to have problems of failure because it is very annoying without being able to root my device ah I'm waiting also the hours for the RMM unlock to be completed because you don't have to wait like 148 hours Summing up a week so i'm already in 38 hours already concluded i'm hoping to hit you 48 hours so i can go into developer mode it pops up because the first time it popped up i formatted it made reset as soon as i activated it but when I went back on it was gone from the listener was not showing the developer option so I googled googled a lot and said it was this unlock hey there you have to wait 48 Hours again then I would like to know a tutorial something you can help me to be able to root the S4 tablet.

If oem unlock isn't present then you can't flash custom binaries. Which you obviously know. You need to be connected to internet to make that oem switch show up. Just make sure it's there before rebooting. I have no magical fix for this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.4 for Android 10 SM-T83x

This build of TWRP is now Official.
    Official TWRP web link

Built using OMNI source
    TWRP v3.4

See post #2 for install steps

Changelog...

Initial build
    MTP, OTG and SDcard all working

Now in portrait mode
    Brightness fixed

Updated for Android 10

TWRP Downloads

Download folder

Official device tree on twrp.me

--------------------->

Kernel Source
    Source

Device Tree
    Source

--------------------->

Beer fund
    You can flash TWRP two ways, either directly from an existing TWRP install, using the linked TWRP.img file. Or you can flash using Odin and the TWRP.tar file.

You will need a custom kernel with dm-verity disabled to be able to boot up afterwards. You will also need to disable encryption and format data to be able to read from the sdcard (encryption isn't supported).

The flashing process is as follows.

Get yourself onto stock Pie firmware, using Odin to flash the complete package. Before proceeding. Boot up and make sure you have OEM unlock switch and its activated.

1. Boot into Download mode and Flash TWRP (Download) using Odin (use AP)
    2. Immediately boot into TWRP after flashing takes place, hold vol up and power.
    3. Format data partition (wipe/format data)
    4. Reboot recovery
    5. Copy WETA Kernel + Encryption disabler + Magisk zip to device. - (Download Kernel - Encryption disabler)
    6. Flash WETA Kernel + Encrypt disabler + Magisk zip.
    7. Boot up system, if it hangs on Samsung logo after 3min perform hard reboot.
    8. Connect to internet and go to dev settings and check oem unlock is present before any rebooting.

** Custom kernel is universal for all bootloader v4 firmware.

--->
    TWRP 3.4-5

Updated for Android 10
    TWRP source updated to 3.4

Downloads

--->
    Install instructions

Post #2 has been updated with a new kernel installer. The issue with the old one is that the magisk environment needed to be present in data if the zip was going to work, and of course wiping data removed that. This zip works without Magisk environment.

Kernel/encryption off zip Download July18

--->
    You can flash TWRP two ways, either directly from an existing TWRP install, using the linked TWRP.img file. Or you can flash using Odin and the TWRP.tar file.

You will need a custom kernel with dm-verity disabled to be able to boot up afterwards. You will also need to disable encryption and format data to be able to read from the sdcard (encryption isn't supported).

I am new to Tab S4. Format data, what will be affected? Thanks
    Formatting data , formats your data partition. So everything.

[emoji450] --->