root procedure in case of loop
1. Install pie sf4 firmware with odin. Reboot System, finsih setup
2. Enable developer options and OEM Unlock
3. Reboot Download mode and with odin flash TWRP TWRP-ODIN_Pie_3.3.0_sm-t83x_mentalmuso.tar like AP
4. TWRP Format data. reboot twrp
5. TWRP Install Magisk
6. TWRP Install img weta_kernel-t83x-sf4.img(depend if you have 830 or 835) like bootloader. Image extract from WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip.
7. reboot system,
8. Install magisk manager
9. Inside magisk manager install WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip and WETA_M_T83x_v6.1
This work for me. Other solution doesnt work because you cannot install WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip and WETA_M_T83x_v6.1.zip from twrp
Enjoy and drink beer.
Is there a way to get the brightness level to actually stick? Lowering it does nothing.
Also, is there an option or way to change this to portrait mode? I'm trying to run something that is based on the device being oriented in that direction, which won't work correctly in the default landscape.
Formatting data , formats your data partition. So everything.You can flash TWRP two ways, either directly from an existing TWRP install, using the linked TWRP.img file. Or you can flash using Odin and the TWRP.tar file.
You will need a custom kernel with dm-verity disabled to be able to boot up afterwards. You will also need to disable encryption and format data to be able to read from the sdcard (encryption isn't supported).
I am new to Tab S4. Format data, what will be affected? Thanks