• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][Official] TWRP 3.4.0-6 [T83x][mtp][otg]

Search This thread

zamlkawy

Apr 2, 2014
Giza
i cant root it
i enabled oim unlocking
flash last twrp from first post using odin
it ask me to reset
i did it
i re flash it using odin
but it doesn't work

also i can't download other files from fist post.
help me please

Last edited:

zamlkawy

Apr 2, 2014
Giza
root procedure in case of loop
1. Install pie sf4 firmware with odin. Reboot System, finsih setup
2. Enable developer options and OEM Unlock
3. Reboot Download mode and with odin flash TWRP TWRP-ODIN_Pie_3.3.0_sm-t83x_mentalmuso.tar like AP
4. TWRP Format data. reboot twrp
5. TWRP Install Magisk
6. TWRP Install img weta_kernel-t83x-sf4.img(depend if you have 830 or 835) like bootloader. Image extract from WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip.
7. reboot system,
8. Install magisk manager
9. Inside magisk manager install WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip and WETA_M_T83x_v6.1

This work for me. Other solution doesnt work because you cannot install WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip and WETA_M_T83x_v6.1.zip from twrp
Enjoy and drink beer.

it works
thanks a lot :)

Aerox912

Jun 21, 2009
I'm having issues with TWRP 3.3.1 and 33.0. It is unable to flash anything at all. For every zip or .img it says no such file or directory :/
Anybody has a solution for this?

Attachments

• 20191003_130048.jpg
    20191003_130048.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

mr.natural

Feb 6, 2012
I'm having issues with TWRP 3.3.1 and 33.0. It is unable to flash anything at all. For every zip or .img it says no such file or directory :/
Anybody has a solution for this?

Did you make sure that after flashing TWRP it did reboot IMMEDIATELY into rescue menu? That solved my problem when I encountered that. Had to reinstall several times before I figured that out although it is specifically mentioned in the TWRP thread

veekay

May 15, 2008
Is there a way to get the brightness level to actually stick? Lowering it does nothing.

Also, is there an option or way to change this to portrait mode? I'm trying to run something that is based on the device being oriented in that direction, which won't work correctly in the default landscape.

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Is there a way to get the brightness level to actually stick? Lowering it does nothing.

Also, is there an option or way to change this to portrait mode? I'm trying to run something that is based on the device being oriented in that direction, which won't work correctly in the default landscape.

There is, I've been neglecting this thread for a bit. I'll update to TWRP 3.3.1 and fix that brightness issue too. I want to try get encryption working also, which shouldn't be too difficult.

Edit.. portrait mode would have to be a separate build. Which I don't mind doing. I think I want it like that anyway for my own device. Landscape makes using the keyboard easier in terminal, but realistically who is doing that

Last edited:

veekay

May 15, 2008
I know in the past there was a rotation option, but not sure when that disappeared.

Appreciate the work you do on this device! Want to take up the mantle for LOS? :D

DJBhardwaj

Recognized Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
Does it support encryption on Pie? (By formatting data partition in TWRP, then flashing the encryption disabler)
Also, I was wondering if we also need to flash the KG/RMM bypass zip at the last, to prevent prernomal state in future?

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
So, we just need to format /data and then flash the encryption disabler zip to completely disable Samsung encryption? If yes, then should I be using encryption disabler provided by you?

It doesn't matter where you get the disabler from if it works. I'm pretty sure the generic one hosted on xda works now. It didn't about 6 months ago. But that's what I use for all my devices now.

Reactions: DJBhardwaj

EatingPie

Jun 27, 2013
Hi.

I have TWRP 3.3.1 running, and now I want to update the OS from BSD1 to BSI2 (both Pie). Is there a way to do this with TWRP itself rather than Odin? If not, how do I flash from Odin without overwriting TWRP?

Thanks!

-Pie

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Hi.

I have TWRP 3.3.1 running, and now I want to update the OS from BSD1 to BSI2 (both Pie). Is there a way to do this with TWRP itself rather than Odin? If not, how do I flash from Odin without overwriting TWRP?

Thanks!

-Pie

Yes, download the firmware, unzip the AP.tar, extract the system and vendor.img.ext4.lz4 files. You then need to extract both these files from the lz4 format.

Once you end up with a .img.ext4 rename it to simply .img

Then these files can be flashed in TWRP.

Make sure to have encryption disabler on hand to flash before booting, as encryption is disabled inside vendor.

Id also use the universal encryption disabler from here, https://forum-xda--developers-com.c...817389/amp/?usqp=mq331AQOKAGYAe_91cTC1KLu_wE=

Edit. I don't remember uploading 3.3.1, have I done that already?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pooheyx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.4 for Android 10 SM-T83x

This build of TWRP is now Official.
    Official TWRP web link

Built using OMNI source
    TWRP v3.4

See post #2 for install steps

Changelog...

Initial build
    MTP, OTG and SDcard all working

Now in portrait mode
    Brightness fixed

Updated for Android 10

TWRP Downloads

Download folder

Official device tree on twrp.me

--------------------->

Kernel Source
    Source

Device Tree
    Source

--------------------->

Beer fund
    You can flash TWRP two ways, either directly from an existing TWRP install, using the linked TWRP.img file. Or you can flash using Odin and the TWRP.tar file.

You will need a custom kernel with dm-verity disabled to be able to boot up afterwards. You will also need to disable encryption and format data to be able to read from the sdcard (encryption isn't supported).

The flashing process is as follows.

Get yourself onto stock Pie firmware, using Odin to flash the complete package. Before proceeding. Boot up and make sure you have OEM unlock switch and its activated.

1. Boot into Download mode and Flash TWRP (Download) using Odin (use AP)
    2. Immediately boot into TWRP after flashing takes place, hold vol up and power.
    3. Format data partition (wipe/format data)
    4. Reboot recovery
    5. Copy WETA Kernel + Encryption disabler + Magisk zip to device. - (Download Kernel - Encryption disabler)
    6. Flash WETA Kernel + Encrypt disabler + Magisk zip.
    7. Boot up system, if it hangs on Samsung logo after 3min perform hard reboot.
    8. Connect to internet and go to dev settings and check oem unlock is present before any rebooting.

** Custom kernel is universal for all bootloader v4 firmware.

--->
    TWRP 3.4-5

Updated for Android 10
    TWRP source updated to 3.4

Downloads

--->
    Install instructions

Post #2 has been updated with a new kernel installer. The issue with the old one is that the magisk environment needed to be present in data if the zip was going to work, and of course wiping data removed that. This zip works without Magisk environment.

Kernel/encryption off zip Download July18

--->
    You can flash TWRP two ways, either directly from an existing TWRP install, using the linked TWRP.img file. Or you can flash using Odin and the TWRP.tar file.

You will need a custom kernel with dm-verity disabled to be able to boot up afterwards. You will also need to disable encryption and format data to be able to read from the sdcard (encryption isn't supported).

I am new to Tab S4. Format data, what will be affected? Thanks
    Formatting data , formats your data partition. So everything.

[emoji450] --->