[RECOVERY][DISCONTINUED] TWRP 3.7.0.0 for Samsung Galaxy A70

Search This thread

analla

Dec 2, 2020
Hi! I installed 3.5.0.0 twrp recovery with odin. My phone is SM-A705FN. It has SEK CSC coded firmware with OneUI 2.5. When the phone restarts, it warns you that it has modified software, press the power key. After a red message bets that the firmware is not genuine.
Can you get rid of these warnings?
After installing the recovery, Samsung Health does not start saying the device is rooted even though it is not rooted.

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
I opened the bootloader, restarted the phone in (OEM unlock) download mode, browsed the twrp recovery img.tar file with Odin. I flashed it into the phone. I restarted. That's all I did.
You need to flash vbmeta.img, grab it from grarak's topic. I foget to add one here.

analla

Dec 2, 2020
You need to flash vbmeta.img, grab it from grarak's topic. I foget to add one here.
According to these, I have to do the following:
1. I enable developer mode on my phone.
2 . In developer mode, I turn on OEM unlock, then the phone restarts and does a factory reset.
3. I restart the phone in download mode, hold down the volume up button, then the OEM unlock will be complete, the phone will restart and format the / data partition
4. I restart the phone in download mode again, in ODIN on the AP tab I browse to the twrp.img.tar file. I remove the check mark from the restart option. I press and hold the volume down button for 7 seconds, restart the phone in recovery mode.
5. In TWRP I make the system partition writable and then reboot in download mode, with ODIN on the AP tab I browse the vbmeta.tar file and start flashing. In principle, TWRP is now permanently left in the phone.

It works like this? Will Samsung apps not see the phone as rooted?

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
According to these, I have to do the following:
1. I enable developer mode on my phone.
2 . In developer mode, I turn on OEM unlock, then the phone restarts and does a factory reset.
3. I restart the phone in download mode, hold down the volume up button, then the OEM unlock will be complete, the phone will restart and format the / data partition
4. I restart the phone in download mode again, in ODIN on the AP tab I browse to the twrp.img.tar file. I remove the check mark from the restart option. I press and hold the volume down button for 7 seconds, restart the phone in recovery mode.
5. In TWRP I make the system partition writable and then reboot in download mode, with ODIN on the AP tab I browse the vbmeta.tar file and start flashing. In principle, TWRP is now permanently left in the phone.

It works like this? Will Samsung apps not see the phone as rooted?
no, after step 4, you need to reboot back to download mode- DO NOT reboot to recovery, flash vbmeta and in step 5, in twrp you need to flash disable force encryption then format data. use magisk hide to hide root from apps. you can also pack twrp and vbmeta together so youll only have to flash once in download mode.

edit: after more review of these steps, its missing a lot so here this should help:
MarvinMods Galaxy A70 Guide. Root, Los 17.1/18.1, Magisk, Stock O.S. Android 10. | XDA Developers Forums (xda-developers.com)

Last edited:

analla

Dec 2, 2020
no, after step 4, you need to reboot back to download mode- DO NOT reboot to recovery, flash vbmeta and in step 5, in twrp you need to flash disable force encryption then format data. use magisk hide to hide root from apps. you can also pack twrp and vbmeta together so youll only have to flash once in download mode.

edit: after more review of these steps, its missing a lot so here this should help:
MarvinMods Galaxy A70 Guide. Root, Los 17.1/18.1, Magisk, Stock O.S. Android 10. | XDA Developers Forums (xda-developers.com)

Do I understand correctly? Should I compress TWRP recovery.img and vbmeta.img into a single .tar file, say, with PeaZip and ODIN browsing the AP tab, and flash it to my phone?

Reactions: MarvinMod

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
Y
Do I understand correctly? Should I compress TWRP recovery.img and vbmeta.img into a single .tar file, say, with PeaZip and ODIN browsing the AP tab, and flash it to my phone?
Yes because it saves you from having to reboot to download mode and flash twice and to ensure that vbmeta is flashed to the device but either way will work. Name the tar file Recovery.tar

Last edited:

analla

Dec 2, 2020
Everything worked, recovery and rooting as well. But sjanos encountered a very unpleasant problem. After rotation, the phone will randomly restart. The magisk hide option is enabled, safety net is fixed, installed.

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
Everything worked, recovery and rooting as well. But sjanos encountered a very unpleasant problem. After rotation, the phone will randomly restart. The magisk hide option is enabled, safety net is fixed, installed.
idk what sjanos is. but im not having that issue, could you explain further on how to reproduce? fyi this thred is for twrp, not rom issues. please refer to the appropriate thred.

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
Delete Safety NET fix and restart phone :)
I had the same.
Yeah from my understanding, safety net wont pass due to selinux, bootloader unlock and root. So any modifications to safety net would trigger issues. The only way around it that i have found is to register your devices google framework id with google, here is the link, make sure your signed into your google account. You can also get your id easier by using the app "device info" from the play store.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210127-090604_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20210127-090604_Chrome.png
    355.2 KB · Views: 64
D

Deleted member 8425317

This might sound a little off-topic, but im assured it's not.

Working Android Q With TWRP & Safteynet pass , also nandroid backups fully decryption (yes nandroid backups are working) Magisk and modules attached.
2 Satynet checks. I had to flash vbmeta used in android pie. (successful backup)
I'm using Magisk as per view..

Now, the importance is DO NOT USE "BASIC* attesst module or change prop values, although the current device is sn old A70 , will be getting Ultra 2morrow before going to Pixel.

Be inspired, but most of all, get that darn thing fixed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210129-224437.jpg
    Screenshot_20210129-224437.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20210129-224519.jpg
    Screenshot_20210129-224519.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20210129-230431_SafetyNet `attest`.jpg
    Screenshot_20210129-230431_SafetyNet `attest`.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 45

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
This might sound a little off-topic, but im assured it's not.

Working Android Q With TWRP & Safteynet pass , also nandroid backups fully decryption (yes nandroid backups are working) Magisk and modules attached.
2 Satynet checks. I had to flash vbmeta used in android pie. (successful backup)
I'm using Magisk as per view..

Now, the importance is DO NOT USE "BASIC* attesst module or change prop values, although the current device is sn old A70 , will be getting Ultra 2morrow before going to Pixel.

Be inspired, but most of all, get that darn thing fixed.
if you done it with my twrp is not ot, otherwise it is and I don't care about other devs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketecheasier.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Ftwrp-featured.jpg

Code:
    /*
    *Disclaimer
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Downloads
    Official Builds

Installation via HEIMDALL
    • Reboot to Download Mode.
    • Run the following commands via terminal (if you are using HEIMDALL on a Linux system)
    • heimdall flash --RECOVERY path_to_recovery.img

Installation via TWRP
    • Copy the new build into external sdcard.
    • Tab on Install > Install Image.
    • Choose recovery.img's path > select Recovery as destination then Swipe to Flash
    • Enjoy.

Bugs
    - You tell me!

Kernel Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP for Samsung Galaxy A70, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A70

Contributors
    haky 86
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2020-11-23
    Last Updated 2020-11-23
    Does it work on SMA705FN/DS?
    Yes It Work For All Variant
    We are currently finding & fixing the right temp path of it!

The CPU temp path on the A70 should be /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone18/temp.
    Unofficial TWRP 3.7 for Samsung Galaxy A70:

• Kernel is 4.14.190 now.
    • MTP: Internal sdcard is not decrypted yet, due to Android 12.1 and up encryptions. External SD is supposed to be mounted too but I don't have one to test.
    • Nano editor fixed now.
    • Download.