Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
* [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B] * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
- Odin3 v3.13.3
- Glass Echidna
Bootloaders and modems
TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 2015 (LTE)
TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 2015 (Wi-Fi)
TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2015 (LTE)
TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2015 (Wi-Fi)
How to flash a bootloader and/or modem1. If your tablet is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu,
2. In Odin, import either the bootloader.tar or bootloader_modem.tar file, depending on your variant, with the "AP" button.
How to flash TWRP with Odin1. If your tablet is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Down, and Home buttons simultaneously. When the blue screen appears, release all 3 buttons and press Volume Up.
2. In Odin, import the appropriate twrp.tar file for your variant with the "AP" and press the "Start" button.
3. You can then boot directly into TWRP by pressing the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all three buttons as soon as you see the boot screen ("Samsung Galaxy Tab S2").
How to flash TWRP within a previous version of TWRP1. If your tablet is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Recovery" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all 3 buttons when the boot screen appears ("Samsung Galaxy Tab S2").
2. In TWRP, tap "Install" then "Install Image".
3. Navigate in the folder structure to the location of the appropriate twrp.img file for your variant and tap it.
4. Select the "Recovery" radio button.
5. Move the slider to the right to flash the TWRP image.
6. Tap "Reboot System" or, alternatively, tap the back arrow 3 times to return to the main menu, then tap "Reboot" and "Recovery" to reboot into the TWRP image you have just flashed.
- See post #2.
E:recv error on uevent
- This warning appears during the process of making a nandroid backup. I assure you that it's perfectly innocence: your backup should complete successfully and it should restore successfully without any reference to this warning. This is a known bug that affects other Exynos devices as well, such as the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (hero2lte).
- Technical explanation from bigbiff himself: "I think it must be a bug, probably shouldn't print the log out if we aren't using ueventd to pull in partition information on a target device. I am not sure what devices we are supporting using ueventd however. Looks like it only runs from the process_fstab function. It's harmless, but I wonder if it should be put in an ifdef guard."
- Inspiration in motivating me to learn how to build TWRP: ashyx
- Updated partition sizes: jcadduono
- Testing of my gts28wifi builds to figure out the X-Y orientation bug: tripLr
- Providing source to fix MTP and ADB: bonuzzz
- Every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the TWRP community in the development of and in providing feedback for the gts28ltexx, gts28wifi, gts210ltexx, and gts210wifi.
- gts2 kernel repository
- gts28ltexx repository
- gts28wifi repository
- gts210ltexx repository
- gts210wifi repository
- TWRP repository
TWRP 3.5.1_9-0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Current Stable Version: 3.5.1_9-0
Stable Release Date: 2021-03-14
Last Updated 2021-03-19