[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 [T710][T715][T715Y][T810][T815][T815Y]

Search This thread

ripee

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
* [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Odin
- Odin3 v3.13.3

Heimdall
- Glass Echidna

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 2015 (LTE)

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 2015 (Wi-Fi)

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2015 (LTE)

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2015 (Wi-Fi)

How to flash a bootloader and/or modem
1. If your tablet is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu,
2. In Odin, import either the bootloader.tar or bootloader_modem.tar file, depending on your variant, with the "AP" button.

How to flash TWRP with Odin
1. If your tablet is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Down, and Home buttons simultaneously. When the blue screen appears, release all 3 buttons and press Volume Up.
2. In Odin, import the appropriate twrp.tar file for your variant with the "AP" and press the "Start" button.
3. You can then boot directly into TWRP by pressing the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all three buttons as soon as you see the boot screen ("Samsung Galaxy Tab S2").

How to flash TWRP within a previous version of TWRP
1. If your tablet is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Recovery" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all 3 buttons when the boot screen appears ("Samsung Galaxy Tab S2").
2. In TWRP, tap "Install" then "Install Image".
3. Navigate in the folder structure to the location of the appropriate twrp.img file for your variant and tap it.
4. Select the "Recovery" radio button.
5. Move the slider to the right to flash the TWRP image.
6. Tap "Reboot System" or, alternatively, tap the back arrow 3 times to return to the main menu, then tap "Reboot" and "Recovery" to reboot into the TWRP image you have just flashed.

Changelog
- See post #2.

Bugs
E:recv error on uevent
- This warning appears during the process of making a nandroid backup. I assure you that it's perfectly innocence: your backup should complete successfully and it should restore successfully without any reference to this warning. This is a known bug that affects other Exynos devices as well, such as the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (hero2lte).
- Technical explanation from bigbiff himself: "I think it must be a bug, probably shouldn't print the log out if we aren't using ueventd to pull in partition information on a target device. I am not sure what devices we are supporting using ueventd however. Looks like it only runs from the process_fstab function. It's harmless, but I wonder if it should be put in an ifdef guard."

Credits
- Inspiration in motivating me to learn how to build TWRP: ashyx
- Updated partition sizes: jcadduono
- Testing of my gts28wifi builds to figure out the X-Y orientation bug: tripLr
- Providing source to fix MTP and ADB: bonuzzz
- Every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the TWRP community in the development of and in providing feedback for the gts28ltexx, gts28wifi, gts210ltexx, and gts210wifi.

Sources
- gts2 kernel repository
- gts28ltexx repository
- gts28wifi repository
- gts210ltexx repository
- gts210wifi repository
- TWRP repository

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 3.5.2_9-0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
ripee
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 3.5.2_9-0
Stable Release Date: 2021-04-05

Created 2017-12-15
Last Updated 2022-12-09

Last edited:

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
You Might change title to [TWRP][Unofficial] xxxxxxxx

Good idea about the title.

About the 3 different version of gts28wifi I posted a few hours ago: can you please confirm that versions 2 and 3 DO NOT WORK? I removed the number from version 1 in my TWRP folder, so if that's the one that works, that code will be send back to TeamWin for the official build.

About the 3 different version of gts28wifi I posted a few hours ago: can you please confirm that versions 2 and 3 DO NOT WORK? I removed the number from version 1 in my TWRP folder, so if that's the one that works, that code will be send back to TeamWin for the official build.

Ok,
Flashed back to ashyxx
Flashed file ending in 2. It works ...!
Flashed back to ashyx
Flashed file ending in 3. It works too!!!

Don't know what u did, but 1 2 and 3 worked.
I checked your md5 and they were all different.

So something was different in each one but the last 3 of 4 work.

Flashing your un numbered file now.. rechecking

Last edited:

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
There are 2 TWRP flash that rotate the screen orientation from portrait to landscape that must be added if the TW_THEME is set to landscape:
RECOVERY_TOUCHSCREEN_SWAP_XY := true
RECOVERY_TOUCHSCREEN_FLIP_Y := true

My first link from a few hours ago was build with both of these included, and we established that it didn't work.
Build 1 from a while ago had both of these removed, build 2 only included the top one, and build 3 only had the bottom one. Do all 3 numbered builds work equally well?

Ok. Reloaded the file from basket build with no number. It works same as 2 and 3

Send it off. By the way if there is a way to append the 3.2.1-0 with ripee I would do it ashyxx did. Haha

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

There are 2 TWRP flash that rotate the screen orientation from portrait to landscape that must be added if the TW_THEME is set to landscape:
RECOVERY_TOUCHSCREEN_SWAP_XY := true
RECOVERY_TOUCHSCREEN_FLIP_Y := true

My first link from a few hours ago was build with both of these included, and we established that it didn't work.
Build 1 from a while ago had both of these removed, build 2 only included the top one, and build 3 only had the bottom one. Do all 3 numbered builds work equally well?

Your build one is now not named 1 it works but does not rotate.
Lemme check 2 and 3

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
Ok. Reloaded the file from basket build with no number. It works same as 2 and 3

Send it off. By the way if there is a way to append the 3.2.1-0 with ripee I would do it ashyxx did. Haha

I'd have to add the optional flag TW_DEVICE_VERSION := _ripee to the BoardConfig.mk file, but with all due respect to ashyx, I'm not particularly interested in labelling my builds. But TWRP's Jenkins builder just appends the next available version number after the dash anyway.

Ok, the code is sent off for official support!

1 2 and 3 do not rotate. Portrait only, no landscape, flip, or flip landscape . Who cares. The root works in all 3 with touch screen on each file and directory. So the screen works great

I tested a full backup in 1, 10 gig to the SD card. So mounts are working.

Wohoo

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

By the way rebooting into download mode directly from TWRP saved a ton of boot time

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Running twrp-3.2.1-0-gts28wifi.tar from Odin now full time. Thanks.

Let me know if you want to play with lineage 8.0. the t710 has 64 bit processors, and the developer from posiedon 1.0 got the source from Samsung to build it.

Reactions: ripee

hurray

Oct 25, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 3
I just tested the version for the T810:
- flashing is successful
- touchscreen is working well
- besides the normal partitions there are "modem" and "efs" listed
- a test backup throws a lot of "E:recv error on uevent" errors.

So for now I went back to TWRP 3.1.1

Reactions: tripLr

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
I just tested the version for the T810:
- flashing is successful
- touchscreen is working well
- besides the normal partitions there are "modem" and "efs" listed
- a test backup throws a lot of "E:recv error on uevent" errors.

So for now I went back to TWRP 3.1.1

I can imagine that they used the same partitions as the mobile data variants. Do modem and efs cause problems with backing up? I'll run my own backup today to confirm.

If you're using my 3.1.1, well I built it from the same sources as 3.2.1 so let's see.

hurray

Oct 25, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 3
I did not run the backup till the last partitions as the error came directly with the first partition. Then I interrupt the backup. I can upload the recovery.log if it is useful for you.

Last edited:

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
I did not run the backup till the last partitions as the error came directly with the first partition. Then I interrupt the backup. I can upload the recovery.log if it is useful for you.

Sorry but I'm unable to reproduce your error so please post the log. Here's what I did:

I made 2 separate backups on my T810, one with a password and one without, of the 3 partitions that are checked off by default when you go into the Backup screen. Yes, modem and EFS are present and listed as having some data, but I didn't check either of them off.

At no point in either of the backup or restore procedures did I get the "E:recv error on uevent" error, or any error for that matter.

hurray

Oct 25, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 3
Sorry but I'm unable to reproduce your error so please post the log. Here's what I did:

I made 2 separate backups on my T810, one with a password and one without, of the 3 partitions that are checked off by default when you go into the Backup screen. Yes, modem and EFS are present and listed as having some data, but I didn't check either of them off.

At no point in either of the backup or restore procedures did I get the "E:recv error on uevent" error, or any error for that matter.

Here is the log of my backup. As I wrote I did not finished the backup. I interrupted it as soon as I saw the error.
I don't think that the error cames from selecting the modem and EFS partitions.

Here is a litte snipped from the relevant part of the log (on line #2641 in the log):
Code:
I:addFile '/system/fonts/RobotoCondensed-BoldItalic.ttf' including root: 0
  ==> set selinux context: u:object_r:system_file:s0
I:addFile '/system/fonts/RobotoCondensed-Italic.ttf' including root: 0

I don't know why this behaviour accours. The TWRP "twrp-3.1.1-0-gts210wifi.img" from you works without error (backup AND restore :) ). I don't use a password or encryption on the Tab S2. The only option I use is "compress" to save some space as my backups are space consuming on the external sdcard without it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tripLr

NeWONEx

Sep 29, 2014
@ripee
Hello my friend. Thank you for your effort, I want to mention about the issue in TWRP , when you run any aroma it ru in wrong orientation. I want to ask If you fix that issue in your build.

My device is T815

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
Here is the log of my backup. As I wrote I did not finished the backup. I interrupted it as soon as I saw the error.
I don't think that the error cames from selecting the modem and EFS partitions.

Here is a litte snipped from the relevant part of the log (on line #2641 in the log):
Code:
I:addFile '/system/fonts/RobotoCondensed-BoldItalic.ttf' including root: 0
I:addFile '/system/fonts/RobotoCondensed-Italic.ttf' including root: 0

I don't know why this behaviour accours. The TWRP "twrp-3.1.1-0-gts210wifi.img" from you works without error (backup AND restore :) ). I don't use a password or encryption on the Tab S2. The only option I use is "compress" to save some space as my backups are space consuming on the external sdcard without it.

Please allow the backup to finish without stopping it. Let me know of any other errors that pop up and, if it stops by itself, which partition it was backing up when it stopped. In the meantime, I'll take a look at your log.

@ripee
Hello my friend. Thank you for your effort, I want to mention about the issue in TWRP , when you run any aroma it ru in wrong orientation. I want to ask If you fix that issue in your build.

My device is T815

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Is Aroma displaying in portrait orientation while TWRP is in landscape? Which exact Aroma build are you trying to flash? Did this also occur on older versions of TWRP? Are you able to tap on Aroma's menus properly, or does the tap location not correspond to the place that Aroma thinks you tapped? I need more details to be able to help.

There is a chance that Aroma needs to be updated to TWRP 3.2.

Reactions: hurray

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Odin
    - Odin3 v3.13.3

Heimdall
    - Glass Echidna

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 2015 (LTE)

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 2015 (Wi-Fi)

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2015 (LTE)

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 2015 (Wi-Fi)

How to flash a bootloader and/or modem
    1. If your tablet is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu,
    2. In Odin, import either the bootloader.tar or bootloader_modem.tar file, depending on your variant, with the "AP" button.

How to flash TWRP with Odin
    1. If your tablet is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Down, and Home buttons simultaneously. When the blue screen appears, release all 3 buttons and press Volume Up.
    2. In Odin, import the appropriate twrp.tar file for your variant with the "AP" and press the "Start" button.
    3. You can then boot directly into TWRP by pressing the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all three buttons as soon as you see the boot screen ("Samsung Galaxy Tab S2").

How to flash TWRP within a previous version of TWRP
    1. If your tablet is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Recovery" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all 3 buttons when the boot screen appears ("Samsung Galaxy Tab S2").
    2. In TWRP, tap "Install" then "Install Image".
    3. Navigate in the folder structure to the location of the appropriate twrp.img file for your variant and tap it.
    4. Select the "Recovery" radio button.
    5. Move the slider to the right to flash the TWRP image.
    6. Tap "Reboot System" or, alternatively, tap the back arrow 3 times to return to the main menu, then tap "Reboot" and "Recovery" to reboot into the TWRP image you have just flashed.

Changelog
    - See post #2.

Bugs
    - This warning appears during the process of making a nandroid backup. I assure you that it's perfectly innocence: your backup should complete successfully and it should restore successfully without any reference to this warning. This is a known bug that affects other Exynos devices as well, such as the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (hero2lte).
    - Technical explanation from bigbiff himself: "I think it must be a bug, probably shouldn't print the log out if we aren't using ueventd to pull in partition information on a target device. I am not sure what devices we are supporting using ueventd however. Looks like it only runs from the process_fstab function. It's harmless, but I wonder if it should be put in an ifdef guard."

Credits
    - Inspiration in motivating me to learn how to build TWRP: ashyx
    - Updated partition sizes: jcadduono
    - Testing of my gts28wifi builds to figure out the X-Y orientation bug: tripLr
    - Providing source to fix MTP and ADB: bonuzzz
    - Every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the TWRP community in the development of and in providing feedback for the gts28ltexx, gts28wifi, gts210ltexx, and gts210wifi.

Sources
    - gts2 kernel repository
    - gts28ltexx repository
    - gts28wifi repository
    - gts210ltexx repository
    - gts210wifi repository
    - TWRP repository

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP 3.5.2_9-0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    ripee
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 3.5.2_9-0
    Stable Release Date: 2021-04-05

Created 2017-12-15
    Last Updated 2022-12-09
    @ripee I mean maintainer of official repos.
    forget about adb.

Thanks for the tip of taking a look at your treltexx twrp device tree. You did delete it from your GitHub, but user fuzhengqu had forked it before you had, so I was able to see your work in the recovery/root folder.

I managed to fix both MTP and ADB in my TWRP builds, thanks to your previous work. I am very grateful for your contribution. :)
    Reserved

CHANGELOG

3.2.3-0
    * Device now appears properly in adb shell, as per @t-o-f-u's patch in post #69.
    Ok, the T710 and T715 builds in portrait orientation have been confirmed to work as intended. I have requested that the official builds be updated, but in the meantime you can find them linked in my signature under TWRP.