Development [RECOVERY] [OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.5.2 for Galaxy A52 4G

Search This thread

RealVelosh

May 6, 2021
Piauí, Brazil
Two more questions still open for me:
1. So if I aldready have Magisk installed (in boot and not in recovery) without TWRP, then it does not matter if I
  • install TWRP using App Install Method
or
  • install TWRP using Odin Install Method
right?

2. Is it then still necessary to Format data and flash multidisabler & dm-verity disabler?
1 - It doesn't matter which method you use, with rooted device of course.
2 - Yes.

TheDrive

Jan 10, 2007
Moscow
can't flash it using twrp terminal (right?). I renamed the file to boot.img and dtbo.img but the files are on the internal sd.
Please Help.
You can't access internal storage in the TWRP environment. Internal storage is located on the /data (userdata) partition and OS reformats it with encryption, thus later TWRP is unable to mount it as normal ext4. Dm-verity script should force OS to use unencrypted partition but is doesn't happen for a while.
To make backup copies and restore any separate partitions now plz use normal SD card.

To restore boot and dtbo images to the originals from A525FXXU1AUC4
1. Copy boot.img and dtbo.img to the root of real SD card. Place SD card to the device.
2. Boot to TWRP and connect to PC (make sure ADB drivers are installed)
3. Run adb shell on the PC
4. Type: dd if=/external-sd/boot.img of=/dev/block/by-name/boot
5. Type: dd if=/external-sd/dtbo.img of=/dev/block/by-name/dtbo
6. Try reboot the phone
7. If it doesn't boot again go to TWRP and format /data then reboot again.
Thus steps revert my device back to the bootable state after unsuccessful dm-verity flashing

Another way to restore original boot and dtbo back is to flash the following .tar archive with Odin. Flash as AP part as like as you flashed TWRP

Attachments

• AP_BOOT_DTBO_A525FXXU1AUC4.tar
    20.4 MB · Views: 55
Reactions: RealVelosh

TheDrive

Jan 10, 2007
Moscow
Hello TheDrive, a little tip:
The native FS of the userdata partition is F2FS, so it is normal to have difficulty mounting as EXT4. (Same for A72 device)
The new FS the new problems...
And how to backup/restore with userdata from TWRP if the partition can not be mounted? How to work with the particular files using ADB (in TWRP)?
When I do format userdata in TWRP it mounts userdata OK and after reboot to TWRP it mounts userdata OK again, but once I try to boot OS userdata can not be mounted next time I reboot to TWRP. OS makes some changes to the userdata format that prevent it to be mounted in TWRP. I assume it reformats it with encryption.

There are a few reasons to use TWRP since we couldn't maintain any user data...

RealVelosh

May 6, 2021
Piauí, Brazil
The new FS the new problems...
And how to backup/restore with userdata from TWRP if the partition can not be mounted? How to work with the particular files using ADB (in TWRP)?
When I do format userdata in TWRP it mounts userdata OK and after reboot to TWRP it mounts userdata OK again, but once I try to boot OS userdata can not be mounted next time I reboot to TWRP. OS makes some changes to the userdata format that prevent it to be mounted in TWRP. I assume it reformats it with encryption.

There are a few reasons to use TWRP since we couldn't maintain any user data...
Hello TheDrive, isn't my (or twrp) fault if you formatted userdata as EXT4 and didn't proceed correctly with the installation. Sorry. Please, format userdata to F2FS and redo the installation process.

Reactions: TheDrive

TheDrive

Jan 10, 2007
Moscow
Hello weazl, how are you? The way of installing Magisk from TeamWin Docs is a prebuilt and common way for all Samsung devices, discard this installation form (TeamWin/Magisk Docs) for A52/A72. You can reproduce the Magisk installation like this:
1 - Install TWRP
2 - Format data, flash multidisabler & dm-verity disaber then reboot to recovery
3 - Flash Magisk, format cache/dalvik/data/internal storage.
4 - Reboot to System
I've reflashed my device with the same A525FXXU1AUC4 full FW by Odin (incl. BL, AP, etc...)
Then followed your manual step by step and voila! My phone is now working as designed. Userdata partition is not encrypted anymore and successfully mounts in the TWRP environment (as like as in OS). What was the problem stay misterious. I've reflashed partitions and applied patches decades of times for a few days. Nothing helped.

So thank you very much!

K2silver

Oct 24, 2016
There is a official twrp for this device on the team win page now. They give clear instructions on how to install. One thing they point out is, to root first and then install twrp. Read the instructions, they explain a lot.
They do not have one yet for the 5G model, any updates or news from them?
Currently looking at upgrading from S7 > A52 but on the fence right now, if I cant have root then I don't want it!

swiftychickens

Dec 2, 2021
is it necessary to pre root device before flashing twrp ? or to root after flashing twrp which one is correct and sucessfull

SRooks1976

Nov 27, 2016
GB
meettomy.site
Why my device (SM-A525F/DS) is stuck at recovery after flashing recovery with Odin and flashing "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip" and "safetynet-fix-v2.2.1.zip"?

MrZaku086

Apr 8, 2021
im dont know what im doing bad i flashed all zip in order the twrp wordk but i cant mount odm

Dm-Verity, Forced Encryption, and Disc Quota Disabler or magisk say odm cant be mount, all the other partition work.

solved: using other recovery... https://xdaforums.com/t/u1-recovery-unofficial-a525x-orangefox-recovery-11-1.4272535/ i dont jnow why twrp have that error but i never have that error doing the same with this and i installed lineage os​

Last edited:
Reactions: ashraftheboss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices on forums like xda-developers.​

Note

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

How to install (First of all: Have unlocked BL)​

- If you don't know the basic steps, you can see this video as example
    · Download twrp-3.5.2_10-0-a52q.tar file
    · Disable Auto Reboot option in Odin
    · Select AP, and get twrp-3.5.2_10-0-a52q.tar file
    · Flash it

Hints after TWRP flashing​

· Format data (You'll lose all data and things inside internal storage)
    · Flash multidisabler zip

Credits

@hendramanu (For helping me about Kernel)
    @DarthJabba9 (For miatoll device tree as base)
    @redymedan (For testing)
    @ShaDisNX255 (For testing)
    Samsung (OSS Team)
    TeamWin Recovery Project

Download

twrp-3.5.2_10-0-a52q.tar

Sources​

Device Tree
    Kernel Tree

Support​

Telegram Group

Changelog (2021/05/16)​