[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 [I9190][I9192][I9195][L520]

Search This thread

ripee

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
* [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Odin
- Odin3 v3.13.3

Heimdall
- Glass Echidna

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (International 3G)

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (International Dual SIM)

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (International LTE)

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Sprint

How to flash TWRP with Odin
1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Down, and Home buttons simultaneously. When the blue screen appears, release all 3 buttons and press Volume Up.
2. In Odin, import the appropriate twrp.tar file for your variant with the "AP" and press the "Start" button.
3. Pull the battery as soon as your phone vibrates.
4. You can then boot directly into TWRP by pressing the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all three buttons as soon as you see the boot screen ("Samsung Galaxy S4 mini").

How to flash TWRP within a previous version of TWRP
1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Recovery" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all 3 buttons when the boot screen appears ("Samsung Galaxy S4 mini").
2. In TWRP, tap "Install" then "Install Image".
3. Navigate in the folder structure to the location of the appropriate twrp.img file for your variant and tap it.
4. Select the "Recovery" radio button.
5. Move the slider to the right to flash the TWRP image.
6. Tap "Reboot System" or, alternatively, tap the back arrow 3 times to return to the main menu, then tap "Reboot" and "Recovery" to reboot into the TWRP image you have just flashed.

Changelog
- See post #2.

Bugs
- You tell me!

Credits
- Inspiration in motivating me to learn how to build TWRP: ne0zone75
- arco68 and every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the TWRP community in the development of and in providing feedback for the serrano3gxx, serranodsdd, and serranoltexx.

Sources
- msm8930-common kernel repository
- serrano3gxx repository
- serranodsdd repository
- serranoltespr repository
- serranoltexx repository
- TWRP repository

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 3.5.2_9-0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
ripee
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 3.5.2_9-0
Stable Release Date: 2021-04-06

Created 2018-01-17
Last Updated 2022-12-09

Last edited:

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
Thanks but seeing that Nougat version, will it work on a regular KitKat stock ROM ?

If not, which other version of TWRP should I use for an I9195 ?

I have no reason to believe that 3.2.1-0 wouldn't work with stock KitKat. Just remember to pull the battery as soon as your phone vibrates after the flash finishes or else your stock rom could quickly re-flash its own stock recovery.

Please report feedback if you get it to work or not :)

Reactions: TheRealKeyserSoze

fankool

Thank you for your job, but on my i9195 I had troubles with this release. Often it doesn't recognize my 32GB sdcard (it seems to be empty), instead of 3.2.0-1 that works as usual, also with oreo. Maybe I forgot to mount the microsd? But it's strnge, I've never mounted the microsd on previous versions.

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
Thank you for your job, but on my i9195 I had troubles with this release. Often it doesn't recognize my 32GB sdcard (it seems to be empty), instead of 3.2.0-1 that works as usual, also with oreo. Maybe I forgot to mount the microsd? But it's strnge, I've never mounted the microsd on previous versions.

Please include the exfat Samsung kernel driver:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75650598&postcount=1638

I had the same issues with my SD ;)

This has less to do with the exFAT driver and more to do with a missing TWRP flag in my device tree. I'll look into it.

What file format is your SD card in? Please try FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS so we can cover these most frequent possibilities.

Users are used to ne0z0ne's unofficial builds perhaps.

Reactions: utfluc

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com

I remember a similar problem with my TWRP build for the big S4, which I fixed by removing the following line from the BoardConfig.mk file:

Code:
TW_NO_EXFAT_FUSE := true

GT-I9190
twrp-3.2.1-1-serrano3gxx.img
twrp-3.2.1-1-serrano3gxx.tar

GT-I9192
twrp-3.2.1-1-serranodsdd.img
twrp-3.2.1-1-serranodsdd.tar

GT-I9195
twrp-3.2.1-1-serranoltexx.img
twrp-3.2.1-1-serranoltexx.tar

Last edited:

fankool

What file format is your SD card in? Please try FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS so we can cover these most frequent possibilities.
I'm not 100% sure but I remember last time I formatted using exfat

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

GT-I9195
twrp-3.2.1-1-serranoltexx.tar[/QUOTE]

Worked! Just booted in recovery and tried to open sdcard from file manager and I saw the files stored. Thank you.

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
I'm not 100% sure but I remember last time I formatted using exfat

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

GT-I9195

Worked! Just booted in recovery and tried to open sdcard from file manager and I saw the files stored. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic! Thanks very much for your feedback! :) I'll update the official repo and ask TeamWin to compile official 3.2.1-1 builds.

sacharja

Dec 27, 2014
Cool, it also worked for me now with the exfat SD (NTFS is of course working too).

Great job ripee, many thanks for your good work ;)

Reactions: ripee

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
@ripee

Hi this is the first time i want to install twrp on s4 mini lte version. By odin. But i do not boot in twrp. Always stock recovery.

What am i doing wrong ?

If you have stock installed, you have to very quickly pull the battery as soon as your phone vibrates when Odin says PASSED! The stock rom is very sneaky because, if you don't pull the battery, it will re-flash its own stock recovery before rebooting into system. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Odin
    - Odin3 v3.13.3

Heimdall
    - Glass Echidna

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (International 3G)

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (International Dual SIM)

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (International LTE)

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Sprint

How to flash TWRP with Odin
    1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Down, and Home buttons simultaneously. When the blue screen appears, release all 3 buttons and press Volume Up.
    2. In Odin, import the appropriate twrp.tar file for your variant with the "AP" and press the "Start" button.
    3. Pull the battery as soon as your phone vibrates.
    4. You can then boot directly into TWRP by pressing the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all three buttons as soon as you see the boot screen ("Samsung Galaxy S4 mini").

How to flash TWRP within a previous version of TWRP
    1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Recovery" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all 3 buttons when the boot screen appears ("Samsung Galaxy S4 mini").
    2. In TWRP, tap "Install" then "Install Image".
    3. Navigate in the folder structure to the location of the appropriate twrp.img file for your variant and tap it.
    4. Select the "Recovery" radio button.
    5. Move the slider to the right to flash the TWRP image.
    6. Tap "Reboot System" or, alternatively, tap the back arrow 3 times to return to the main menu, then tap "Reboot" and "Recovery" to reboot into the TWRP image you have just flashed.

Changelog
    - See post #2.

Bugs
    - You tell me!

Credits
    - Inspiration in motivating me to learn how to build TWRP: ne0zone75
    - arco68 and every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the TWRP community in the development of and in providing feedback for the serrano3gxx, serranodsdd, and serranoltexx.

Sources
    - msm8930-common kernel repository
    - serrano3gxx repository
    - serranodsdd repository
    - serranoltespr repository
    - serranoltexx repository
    - TWRP repository

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP 3.5.2_9-0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
    ripee
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 3.5.2_9-0
    Stable Release Date: 2021-04-06

Created 2018-01-17
    Last Updated 2022-12-09
    Reserved

CHANGELOG

3.2.1-1
    * Restored compatibility with SD cards formatted in exFAT.

3.2.1-2
    * Restored preload partition being visible when creating a backup.
    TWRP updated to 3.3.0-0 ..... and op is also updated by ripee ... https://www.xda-developers.com/twrp-3-3-0-release
    Thanks for the updated TWRP, only just got around to flashing it, as sick in bed LOL!

I just ran a backup but got a couple of error messages

1st backup had two errors
    "error installing zip file '@/cache/recovery/block.map"
    and
    "unable to locate '/preload' partition for backup calculation"

2nd try
    the first error didn't appear but still had
    "unable to locate '/preload' partition for backup calculation"

Doesn't that mean I won't be able to restore?
    Do we even have a preload partition on this phone? Anyone know?

I used the exact same partition map as in the serrano-common lineage repo, which has no preload partition listed. Have you tried restoring it yet?

Edit: nvm, I found the problem. I'll post new builds in the next couple of days.

I remember a similar problem with my TWRP build for the big S4, which I fixed by removing the following line from the BoardConfig.mk file:

Code:
    TW_NO_EXFAT_FUSE := true

GT-I9190
    twrp-3.2.1-1-serrano3gxx.img
    twrp-3.2.1-1-serrano3gxx.tar

GT-I9192
    twrp-3.2.1-1-serranodsdd.img
    twrp-3.2.1-1-serranodsdd.tar

GT-I9195