[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.6.0_9 [N8000 N8010 N8020]

Search This thread

html6405

Recognized Developer
I believe it is ext4. Or whatever the default is. I have not changed it on my own.
ext4 is for example your internal memory. Exfat is most the common file system for sd cards and usb sticks, but this is still enabled.
I've removed the old fat filesystems for the moment, maybe we can safe some space elsewhere.

Reactions: xtoad

xtoad

Aug 23, 2010
ext4 is for example your internal memory. Exfat is most the common file system for sd cards and usb sticks, but this is still enabled.
I've removed the old fat filesystems for the moment, maybe we can safe some space elsewhere.
Thanks. I'll reformat in exFat and check again.

EDIT: All good now formatted with exFat. Thank yor for your work. I had a brain fart about the file system question and thought you meant the filesystem of the recovery partition. The SD card was formatted in FAT.

Last edited:
Reactions: html6405

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy J5
TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 builds are up, I've readded some file systems.
Hey, first of all, thanks for keeping the device up to date!

Some of my friends asked me to "do something" on his old GT-N8010 yesterday night.

I am just amazed to see the incredible community around this 9 years old device, and how good it is. It runs so well under LOS 16.0!! Crazy, in more than 10 years on XDA, there are really only a few devices that got so much love from devs...

That being said,it seems that the bug of formatting /data instead of just wiping /data without /data/media is still present.

I have ran a simple "swipe to factory reset", and everything in /data/media got deleted. I don't remember if it was done only due to the "factory reset", or by selecting wipe data in "Advanced". BUt nevertheless, both should wipe data, preserving /data/media. But it behaves as if we really clicked on "Format data", that requires a "yes" to really perform.

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
That being said,it seems that the bug of formatting /data instead of just wiping /data without /data/media is still present.

I have ran a simple "swipe to factory reset", and everything in /data/media got deleted. I don't remember if it was done only due to the "factory reset", or by selecting wipe data in "Advanced". BUt nevertheless, both should wipe data, preserving /data/media. But it behaves as if we really clicked on "Format data", that requires a "yes" to really perform.
Really?
I will retry this by my own today, if this should be really present, I will hand of this to TWRP.

Reactions: Anghirrim

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy J5
No thx, I just have to "swipe to factory reset" and if my data got deleted, the we have to find the bug,
but this behaviour was never present for me, I'm factory resetting many times for my tests.
OK. I'll be giving it back to my friends today. So won't be able to test after. Anyway, I'll warn them about it so that they always back up their important data before doing anything if they ever boot under TWRP one day.

html6405

Recognized Developer
OK. I'll be giving it back to my friends today. So won't be able to test after. Anyway, I'll warn them about it so that they always back up their important data before doing anything if they ever boot under TWRP one day.
Screenshot_2021-04-13-06-32-05.png

It's working like it should, nothing got deleted from my personal data, this was always working for me,
and I really have to wipe many times.

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy J5
View attachment 5277837
It's working like it should, nothing got deleted from my personal data, this was always working for me,
and I really have to wipe many times.
Indeed.... I don't know what I did wrong, or if it was because of the first flash of TWRP, etc...

Anyway, tried again and you're right. Both options work as intended.

Sorry for the trouble.

_Wiktor_

Nov 7, 2009
Warsaw
Two issues.

1. I can't understand why I see only option to "apply update from external storage" (sdcard) but hasn't any option to flash from internal memory (sdcard0).
E:failed to mount /sdacard (No such file or directory)
It seems like without microSD card I can't do anything becouse:

2. No matter which ROM I tried sideload via adb (Version 30.0.4) I get this output on command line:
adb sideload C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\lineage-16.0-20211007-HTML6405-n8000.zip adb: sideload connection failed: closed adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method... sending: 'C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\lineage-16.0-20211007-HTML6405-n8000.zip' 100%
and on N8000 screen:
Verifiyng update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature E:failed to verify whole-file signature E:signature varification failed
Installation aborted.
So, I stuck.

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
1. I can't understand why I see only option to "apply update from external storage" (sdcard) but hasn't any option to flash from internal memory (sdcard0).
As it look's like, data/media can't be mounted, so you have to do a factory reset and check if /data is formated as ext4.

_Wiktor_

Nov 7, 2009
Warsaw
As it look's like, data/media can't be mounted, so you have to do a factory reset and check if /data is formated as ext4.
Well, OK, I just did factory reset . Now, I can't find any working linux shell command to show type of partition. I tried:
file, blkid, parted, tune2fs, lsblk, cfdisk - everything is "not found", except one command: df which outputs results:
shell@android:/ $ df Filesystem Size Used Free Blksize /dev 909M 84.0K 909M 4096 /mnt/asec 909M 0.00K 909M 4096 /mnt/obb 909M 0.00K 909M 4096 /system 1.35G 1.24G 103M 4096 /efs 19.7M 8.54M 11.1M 4096 /cache 787M 13.4M 773M 4096 /data 11.8G 312M 11.4G 4096 /storage/sdcard0 11.7G 312M 11.4G 4096
but:
shell@android:/ $ df -T Filesystem Size Used Free Blksize -T: No such file or directory
So, which shell command should I use on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 to show how /data id formated?

Alexfs

Oct 7, 2014
Two issues.

2. No matter which ROM I tried sideload via adb (Version 30.0.4) I get this output on command line:
adb sideload C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\lineage-16.0-20211007-HTML6405-n8000.zip adb: sideload connection failed: closed adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method... sending: 'C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\lineage-16.0-20211007-HTML6405-n8000.zip' 100%
and on N8000 screen:
E:failed to verify whole-file signature E:failed to verify whole-file signature E:signature varification failed
Installation aborted.
So, I stuck.
Two issues.

and on N8000 screen:
Installation aborted.
So, I stuck.
hi friend i had the same
hi friend i had the same problem. the sd has to be formatted to exFat.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Well, OK, I just did factory reset . Now, I can't find any working linux shell command to show type of partition. I tried:
file, blkid, parted, tune2fs, lsblk, cfdisk - everything is "not found", except one command: df which outputs results:
shell@android:/ $ df Filesystem Size Used Free Blksize /dev 909M 84.0K 909M 4096 /mnt/asec 909M 0.00K 909M 4096 /mnt/obb 909M 0.00K 909M 4096 /system 1.35G 1.24G 103M 4096 /efs 19.7M 8.54M 11.1M 4096 /cache 787M 13.4M 773M 4096 /data 11.8G 312M 11.4G 4096 /storage/sdcard0 11.7G 312M 11.4G 4096
but:
shell@android:/ $ df -T Filesystem Size Used Free Blksize -T: No such file or directory
So, which shell command should I use on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 to show how /data id formated?
It's enough to choose wipe, advanced wipe, change or repair filesystem and then you will see the used filesystem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Odin
    - Odin3 v3.10.5

Heimdall
    - Glass Echidna

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

How to flash TWRP with Odin
    1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Down simultaneously. When the warning screen appears, release all buttons and press Volume Up.
    2. In Odin, import the appropriate twrp.tar file for your variant with the "AP".
    3. Disable auto reboot in Odin and press start.
    4. You can then boot directly into TWRP by pressing the Power and Volume Up simultaneously. Release all buttons as soon as you see the boot screen ("Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1").

How to flash TWRP within a previous version of TWRP
    1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Recovery" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power and Volume UP simultaneously. Release all buttons when the boot screen appears ("Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1").
    2. In TWRP, tap "Install" then "Install Image".
    3. Navigate in the folder structure to the location of the appropriate twrp.img file for your variant and tap it.
    4. Select the "Recovery" radio button.
    5. Move the slider to the right to flash the TWRP image.
    6. Tap "Reboot System" or, alternatively, tap the back arrow 3 times to return to the main menu, then tap "Reboot" and "Recovery" to reboot into the TWRP image you have just flashed.

Bugs
    - You tell me!

Credits
    TWRP Team and all people who worked / are working on the exynos 4 devices.

Sources
    - n8000 repository
    - n8010 repository
    - n8020 repository
    - TWRP repository

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my spare time and every donation keeps me motivated.

donate

XDA: DevDB Information
    TWRP 3.6.0_9-X, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors

@html6405
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 3.5.2_9-1
    Stable Release Date: 2021-02-14

Created 2021-02-14
    Last Updated 2021-10-12
    What have you exactly done? If you choose wipe /data, then it should also wipe your internal memory (this is mounted in data/media/0).
    But if you made a factory reset, then the internal memory shouldn't be deleted.

Well previously using TWRP 3.3.1 I would do the advanced wipe and only select the /data partition not the internal storage. Then it would say "wiping /data without wiping internal storage". But if I did the same thing in TWRP 3.5.0 it would say "wiping /data and internal storage". I stopped using the basic factory reset many years ago because it always wiped my internal storage. But I will give it a shot and let you know if that works for formatting just the /data partition.
    D
    Deleted member 9635294
    Off topic, but it seems like emojis need to be disabled in the 1st post.
    Thanks for testing it,
    I will check on this later, maybe something went wrong in the conversion,
    I will fix this and we will receive a new build.
    Works fine with with revised version now, thank you very much
    I seem to have lost access to my microSD in recovery..? I updated from the microSD and on reboot the card was corruptred in LOS18...I was able to fix and recover on my computer and am able to see it again in Android, but still won't mount in recovery. Any ideas?