[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.6.0_9-0 [I9300 I9305]

Search This thread

html6405

Recognized Developer
teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Odin
- Odin3 v3.10.5

Heimdall
- Glass Echidna

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S3 (exynos)

How to flash TWRP with Odin
1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Down and Home simultaneously. When the warning screen appears, release all buttons and press Volume Up.
2. In Odin, import the appropriate twrp.tar file for your variant with the "AP".
3. Disable auto reboot in Odin and press start.
4. You can then boot directly into TWRP by pressing the Power, Home and Volume Up simultaneously. Release all buttons as soon as you see the boot screen ("Samsung Galaxy S III").

How to flash TWRP within a previous version of TWRP
1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Recovery" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all buttons when the boot screen appears ("Samsung Galaxy S III").
2. In TWRP, tap "Install" then "Install Image".
3. Navigate in the folder structure to the location of the appropriate twrp.img file for your variant and tap it.
4. Select the "Recovery" radio button.
5. Move the slider to the right to flash the TWRP image.
6. Tap "Reboot System" or, alternatively, tap the back arrow 3 times to return to the main menu, then tap "Reboot" and "Recovery" to reboot into the TWRP image you have just flashed.

Bugs
- You tell me!

Credits
TWRP Team and all people who worked / are working on the exynos 4 devices.

Sources
- i9300 repository
- i9305 repository
- TWRP repository

Do you like my work?
Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
I'm doing this in my spare time and every donation keeps me motivated.

donate

XDA: DevDB Information
TWRP 3.6.0_9-X, RECOVERY for the Samsung Galaxy S3 [I9300]

Contributors

@html6405
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 3.5.2_9-0
Stable Release Date: 2021-03-14

Created 2021-03-03
Last Updated 2021-12-10

Last edited:

irmas5

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:

Odin
- Odin3 v3.10.5

Heimdall
- Glass Echidna

1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Down and Home simultaneously. When the warning screen appears, release all buttons and press Volume Up.
2. In Odin, import the appropriate twrp.tar file for your variant with the "AP".
4. You can then boot directly into TWRP by pressing the Power, Home and Volume Up simultaneously. Release all buttons as soon as you see the boot screen ("Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1").

1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Recovery" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all buttons when the boot screen appears ("Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0").
3. Navigate in the folder structure to the location of the appropriate twrp.img file for your variant and tap it.
6. Tap "Reboot System" or, alternatively, tap the back arrow 3 times to return to the main menu, then tap "Reboot" and "Recovery" to reboot into the TWRP image you have just flashed.

Bugs
- You tell me!

Credits

Sources
- i9300 repository
- i9305 repository
- TWRP repository

TWRP 3.5.0_9-0, RECOVERY for the Samsung Galaxy S3

Contributors

@html6405

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 3.5.0_9-0
Stable Release Date: 2021-03-03

Created 2021-03-03
Last Updated 2021-03-03
Can you point my where file are? Latest on twrp page are

twrp-3.2.3-0-i9300.img.tar6.5M2018-07-30 02:51:23 EDT

Thanks

Levi4cyber

Apr 26, 2018
OnePlus 9 Pro
I see it's already up.

What custom ROM is the most stable and the latest android version possible?

Attachments

• twrp-3.5.0_9-0-i9300.img
    7 MB · Views: 162

fragtion

Sep 1, 2013
Johannesburg
Guys if I have an S3 with dead/broken screen, and I boot to TWRP recovery, can I get ADB recovery shell or is it only limited to adb sideload? I need to enable usb debugging and authorize my PC so I can connect with scrcpy... So far I can only get adb sideload working. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I read somewhere that stock ROM overwrites custom recovery on reboot. Is that true also for this TWRP versions? Pls advise/help
Ok solution for me was to disable auto reboot in odin, and then remove battery after flashing, and then booting up directly into recovery with vol+,home,power and swiping on the screen in the dark to allow modifications

Last edited:

argonaut459

Sep 18, 2020
Speaking of adb access. Is it only possible to use scrcopy - the one that gives you only screenshots
Or is it possible to use one that actually let's u use mouse / keyboard and see your screen.

The point being a broken screen that doesn't recognize touch input.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Speaking of adb access. Is it only possible to use scrcopy - the one that gives you only screenshots
Or is it possible to use one that actually let's u use mouse / keyboard and see your screen.
You have all abilities which adb provides, so there's no need to see anything,
you can fully control the device with adb commands and pull your internal memory.

But you also could try these program's to pull screenshots and control, I have never tested them,
so if you're having time and own this device, you could give us a feedback ;).

fragtion

Sep 1, 2013
Johannesburg

The point being a broken screen that doesn't recognize touch input.
Actually I discovered that scrcpy didn't work for me with stock rom on S3... So after installing TWRP and gaining USB debugging access through recovery terminal, I used Vysor to access the device successfully. It must be vysor v2.1.7 or below due to SDK limitations (Android 4.1 stock rom in my case). I have recovered all the files I need and am now going to try upgrade to a newer ROM that will be easier to manage with the broken screen:)

Reactions: html6405

timmithan

Jan 17, 2017
Hey,
i dont know if its known or if there is a solution for this, but im trying to install Archidroid Rom 3.1.5 with this Version of TWRP (3.6.0_9.0, tried 3.5.2_9.0 also) on my GalaxyS3 and at the end of the Installer / beginning of flashing it says:
"This package is for device: m0,i9300,GT-I9300; this device is ."
So its not possible to flash Archidroid with current versions of TWRP, is there a fix?

If i try it with the in the Archidroid Rom included TWRP 2.8.6.1 or CWM 6.0.4.6 the flashing works and the installer doesnt seem to have a problem detecting the device correctly.

Do you / does someone know a fix / whats the problem?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
Ahh okay my bad, probably the latest TWRP versions are for higher Android versions.
Tried with TWRP 3.2.3.0 and install works without a problem.

Last edited:

Sayo_Sayoun

Feb 22, 2022

Code:

Odin
- Odin3 v3.10.5

Heimdall
- Glass Echidna

4. You can then boot directly into TWRP by pressing the Power, Home and Volume Up simultaneously. Release all buttons as soon as you see the boot screen ("Samsung Galaxy S III").

1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Recovery" from the Restart menu. Alternatively, power it off and press the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously. Release all buttons when the boot screen appears ("Samsung Galaxy S III").

Bugs
- You tell me!

Credits

Sources
- i9300 repository
- i9305 repository
- TWRP repository

Do you like my work?
Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,

donate

Contributors

@html6405

Version Information
Stable

Created 2021-03-03
Last Updated 2021-12-10
Can you give me a flashable zip for 3.6.0_9-0 twrp img for gt i9300

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

Odin
    - Odin3 v3.10.5

Heimdall
    - Glass Echidna

Bugs
    - You tell me!

Credits

Sources
    - i9300 repository
    - i9305 repository
    - TWRP repository

Do you like my work?

donate

Contributors

@html6405

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-03-03
    Last Updated 2021-12-10
    TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 builds are up!
    Update 10.12.2021:
    • Removed bash to bring TWRP 3.6.0_9 up
    Update 16.06.2021:
    • Brought support for GSI flash & reused old HIDDEN partition as vendor.
    • Brought support for encrypted /data partition.
    Ahh okay my bad, probably the latest TWRP versions are for higher Android versions.
    Exactly!