Development [RECOVERY][OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.7.0-3 for Galaxy A52s 5G

Search This thread
Yes you can temporarely disable lockscreen security every time you have to boot in TWRP. The patched vbmeta is required for the phone to boot custom binaries, so if you have already rooted your device you should already have installed a patched vbmeta img, since installing Magisk requires a patched kernel image. However if your phone is still unrooted, formatting data partition is necessary since it is done automatically when unlocking the bootloader for "security reasons" (a second format is required once you flash a patched vbmeta since the data encrypt key will not be valid anymore and needs to be regenerated)
Sorry for asking but how i temporary disable lockscreen to be able to go to twrp? i mean if i go to security and choose none, i immediatly loose mainly the fingerprints etc and this brakes all my banking apps and google wallet and i need to do everything again...

BlackMesa123

Aug 29, 2015
Adrano
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy J5
Sorry for asking but how i temporary disable lockscreen to be able to go to twrp? i mean if i go to security and choose none, i immediatly loose mainly the fingerprints etc and this brakes all my banking apps and google wallet and i need to do everything again...
Unfortunately that’s the only way to get decrypt to work in the current build. The best thing to do imho is to disable encryption completely for now

4everAnoob

Oct 3, 2012
Maybe I am missing something obvious, but does unlocking the bootloader still disable the camera functionality? That is an absolute dealbreaker to me.

Reactions: KJLin

BlackMesa123

Aug 29, 2015
Adrano
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy J5
Maybe I am missing something obvious, but does unlocking the bootloader still disable the camera functionality? That is an absolute dealbreaker to me.

We found out this only happens to devices that has a rear Samsung sensor ("S5KGW1P"), it's something that can be fixed by ease by using a Magisk module that can spoof the bootloader lock prop (people in the Telegram group have reported to use "Magisk Hide Props")

Reactions: ROO3VER
Team Win Recovery Project

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

home.png
backupname.png

Disclaimer:
  • I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
  • Please pay attention to this post & related ones before proceeding and follow the guide correctly. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
  • Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox features. It can't be resetted in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
  • Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via the community's Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs.

What's TWRP?

Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
In case you're serious, though...

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, root your device and more.

Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/

How do I flash and set it up correctly?

Please notice that the following guide is meant for full stock devices, if you've already rooted your device you can skip it and flash directly the recovery without any extra steps.

Before starting, make sure to backup all your data and important files stored in your phone, since this procedure will format your data partition.

• Open the Settings app, enter Developer Options and enable OEM unlocking (If you don't see Developer Options, enter into About phone>Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show it).
  • Enter Download Mode: to do so power off your device, connect it to a computer via an USB cable and hold both volume up and volume down buttons.
  • Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader. This will wipe your data and your phone will automatically reboot.
  • Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later. Make sure to connect the device to Internet during the setup.
  • Enter Developer Options and check that the OEM unlocking option exists and is grayed out. This means our bootloader is unlocked and your phone has no KnoxGuard lock set.
  • Connect your phone to your PC and boot in Download Mode (power off your device and hold both volume up and volume down buttons).
  • Open Odin3, select the TWRP tar by clicking the "AP" button and the patched vbmeta tar by clicking "USERDATA", then press the Start button.
  • Reboot your phone in recovery mode: while it still plugged in your PC, hold both the power and volume up buttons.
  • Once TWRP has booted you need to format again your data partition in order to be able to boot in system again. To do so touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen.

Bugs:
  • Decryption will only work if no password/PIN/pattern is set in Android.

Download:

Galaxy A52s 5G (a52sxq):
twrp.me

Bootloader/Modem collection:
GitHub

Sources:

Kernel source code: https://github.com/BlackMesa123/android_kernel_samsung_sm7325/tree/sep-13.1/twrp-12.1
Device tree: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_samsung_a52sxq

Changelog:

Check Post #2.

A52s 5G Community Telegram Groups:

General
Development

Credits:

Samsung for the kernel source code
TeamWin for their awesome recovery
@Captain_Throwback for his help and troubleshooting
@ShaDisNX255 & @ronardnx for testing out the recovery
How to decrypt Data with password set on Samsung?

KJLin

Sep 9, 2016
Taichung
I unlocked my a52s, flashed twrp and turned it on, and found that the camera could not be used. Finally, I found that the camera worked again after locking the bootloader phone. It seems that the official version will check whether it is locked or not. Is there any way to use the camera with the phone unlocked?
Screenshot_20221115-171533_Camera.png

BlackMesa123

Aug 29, 2015
Adrano
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy J5
I unlocked my a52s, flashed twrp and turned it on, and found that the camera could not be used. Finally, I found that the camera worked again after locking the bootloader phone. It seems that the official version will check whether it is locked or not. Is there any way to use the camera with the phone unlocked? View attachment 5764415
We found that this happens on phones with a rear Samsung camera sensor, the HAL checks for the “ro.boot.flash.locked” prop to see whether or not the bootloader is unlocked. To bypass this issue you can flash the latest Mesa’s Custom Kernel version (it includes a patch to the camera libs) or install the kdrag0n’s SafetyNet Magisk module (that one spoofs the bootloader prop).

Iarluor

Nov 30, 2022
Just wanted to edit my reply, that I forgot to flash patched vbmeta with it lol...
But how do I reboot to recovery from download mode? When I boot back into system (which is only boot I can do), it's stock recovery again
Nvm, managed to boot into TWRP
Update: rooted :D
same problem.
flash via Odin was successful. But my device just restarts. When I want to enter recovery mode, I'm in stock recovery again.
What was you solution to enter TWRP?

dornz

Feb 19, 2013
This is really good news as I always end up rooting the droids in the end
So once flashed I can root by butting magisk apk and renaming it .zip and then flash

YouWotm8

May 12, 2022
Greetings, I have an Android 12 rooted phone and I want to upgrade to 13 with no data loss, should I flash the TWRP before or after upgrading? Thanks in advance!

BlackMesa123

Aug 29, 2015
Adrano
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy J5
Greetings, I have an Android 12 rooted phone and I want to upgrade to 13 with no data loss, should I flash the TWRP before or after upgrading? Thanks in advance!

Since you're rooted the only way to install the OS is via Odin, you shouldn't lose any data unless the partition's encrypt key becomes not valid after flashing, so I highly suggest you to do a backup of your stuff before proceeding. Anyway, TWRP doesn't works properly with Android 13 currently, so you may come across some bugs/stuff not working properly,. Once TWRP devs will release the Android 13 branch I'll make sure to update the device tree asap to support A13.

heal3r

Nov 30, 2022
Since you're rooted the only way to install the OS is via Odin, you shouldn't lose any data unless the partition's encrypt key becomes not valid after flashing, so I highly suggest you to do a backup of your stuff before proceeding. Anyway, TWRP doesn't works properly with Android 13 currently, so you may come across some bugs/stuff not working properly,. Once TWRP devs will release the Android 13 branch I'll make sure to update the device tree asap to support A13.
I'm glad to hear that. I can't access Android/data using file managers anymore in Android 13.

CroAgent

Dec 7, 2022
Hello I flashed new ROM NcX S21FE Port OneUI 5 I had orangefox recovery and root now I dont have root and orangefox recovery how can I flash twrp or again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your recovery is indeed not working !!!

I installed another firmware from Australia on my french phone, then re-installed your TWRP and I tried to recover my previous backup (CVL2) with the super partition but the operation failed with error message in regard with ODM, VENDOR and another partition I can't remember (probably the Product partition)...

I couldn't even restore my data partition due to an error 255. So I lost all my apps, data and my settings !

So I had to re-install a patched firmware with PC odin.

Thanks to Smartswitch I recover most of my apps, my data and some settings but lost some others. So I has to rebuild most of my settings and has to re-install some apps...

I just wonder if you really own yourself this A528B phone to test yourself your project ??? ^^

From what I have seen with your twrp-6 version each backup folder contains 50 elements when with your twrp-7.x.x versions there are only 46 elements. I don't know if this is relevant but whatever your TWRP is really NOT WORKING !

I'm sorry but I've had enough of your arrogance and insulting people's (and my) intelligence. Why would I work on a device I don't even own, and release stuff that I didn't even test and is completely broken? Also, don't you think other people would've reported the same exact issues after 5 months since this recovery has been released? If you really want my help please stop being a jerk and instead, like I've been saying from quite a few time already, provide useful informations (logs, exact steps you did and whatever is necessary) to understand what's wrong in your phone, I don't see how I can figure out stuff when you don't even know what you are doing ("another partition I can't remember", lol). The fact that me and other people in the community uses and tests stuff doesn't mean it will be free of issues/bugs (such as the /vendor ro bug), so kindly remember this is stuff we're making for free and that costs us money and precious time we could use to do other stuff.

Code:

/*
    */

home.png
    backupname.png

Disclaimer:
    • I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
    • Please pay attention to this post & related ones before proceeding and follow the guide correctly. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
    • Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox features. It can't be resetted in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
    • Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via the community's Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs.

What's TWRP?

It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, root your device and more.

Please notice that the following guide is meant for full stock devices, if you've already rooted your device you can skip it and flash directly the recovery without any extra steps.

Before starting, make sure to backup all your data and important files stored in your phone, since this procedure will format your data partition.

• Open the Settings app, enter Developer Options and enable OEM unlocking (If you don't see Developer Options, enter into About phone>Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show it).
    • Enter Download Mode: to do so power off your device, connect it to a computer via an USB cable and hold both volume up and volume down buttons.
    • Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader. This will wipe your data and your phone will automatically reboot.
    • Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later. Make sure to connect the device to Internet during the setup.
    • Enter Developer Options and check that the OEM unlocking option exists and is grayed out. This means our bootloader is unlocked and your phone has no KnoxGuard lock set.
    • Connect your phone to your PC and boot in Download Mode (power off your device and hold both volume up and volume down buttons).
    • Open Odin3, select the TWRP tar by clicking the "AP" button and the patched vbmeta tar by clicking "USERDATA", then press the Start button.
    • Reboot your phone in recovery mode: while it still plugged in your PC, hold both the power and volume up buttons.
    • Once TWRP has booted you need to format again your data partition in order to be able to boot in system again. To do so touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen.

Bugs:

Download:

Galaxy A52s 5G (a52sxq):
    twrp.me

GitHub

Sources:

Kernel source code: https://github.com/BlackMesa123/android_kernel_samsung_sm7325/tree/sep-14/twrp-12.1

Changelog:

Check Post #2.

General
    Development

Credits:

If i do this, will i get twrp and root both?
    If i do this, will i get twrp and root both?

No. To gain root access you need Magisk
    My device fw is
    (A528BXXS1DVL2 / A528BOJM1DVK5 / A528BXXU1DVK5)
    Will this twrp (a52sxq) work fine?
    Yes.
    Great :)
    And i have one more question, when downloading TWRP from TWRP app(to flash recovery from app) which file to select, img or img.tar?
    I suppose img?
    The “.img” one, “.tar” file should be used only on Odin3.

Code:

/*
    */

home.png
    backupname.png

Disclaimer:

What's TWRP?

Bugs:

Download:

Galaxy A52s 5G (a52sxq):
    twrp.me

GitHub

Sources:

Kernel source code: https://github.com/BlackMesa123/android_kernel_samsung_sm7325/tree/sep-14/twrp-12.1

Changelog:

Check Post #2.

General
    Development

Credits:

Really proud to announce that my request to became the official TWRP maintainer for Galaxy A52s has been accepted! Link in the main thread has been updated to now redirect directly to the twrp.me page of this device.
    Changelog:

Please note that this only includes device-specific changes. For global TWRP changes, go to twrp.me.

20230104 (3.7.0_12-3)
    - Fix /vendor backup restoring

20221224 (3.7.0_12-2)
    - Updated kernel to DVK5
    - Support Android 13 decrypt with no password
    - Fix /efs, /sec_efs backup

20221208 (3.7.0_12-1)
    - Fix fastbootd
    - Disable stock recovery patching in /vendor

20221012 (3.7.0_12-0)
    - First release
    It's been a while since I released something here in XDA. I'm happy to join the modding train again with this custom recovery, hoping to see more cool stuff come out for this device soon 😄
    A new minor version of the recovery is now available in twrp.me for download.