Development [RECOVERY][OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.7.1-0 for Galaxy A52s 5G

Search This thread

Arobase404

Sep 13, 2022
A backup of boot, vendor_boot, dtbo, super and data should be enough to achieve what you wanted to do. Remember you must disable PIN/password in One UI when booting in TWRP in order to mount and backup your data partition correctly.

You also forget to mention the Secure folder feature which might the reason I have had so many problems with my backup and restore, including the Data partition !!! ^^

anwinj

Jun 23, 2012
hi everyone... is it possible to flash zips (magisk or custom roms) without having an external sd card?

Reason I am asking is... after twrp installation and reboot to recovery ->
  1. unable to find the magisk file via file manager or install -> went through all the folders
  2. if I do data wipe, then also unable to find the file
  3. if i reboot to system after data wipe, the files I had put in internal storage disappeared (phone started setting up again, and this is the culprit I guess)
  4. then if i save the magisk or other files in internal storage and reboot to recovery problem is same as above steps 1,2,3
I want to completely root and install lineage os and then do other stuff. I have not done rooting since end of android 7 and once with early andriod 8. Looks like many things have changed.

Please advise and help with what I am doing wrong.

I have followed the steps given by OP and tried https://magiskzip.com/install-twrp-recovery-on-samsung-galaxy-a52s-5g/ this as well. When I try the method in this magisk link I get stuck at Flash the Disable Dm Verity Force Encrypt step because (you guessed it) can't find the file :-D.

BlackMesa123

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 29, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy J5
hi everyone... is it possible to flash zips (magisk or custom roms) without having an external sd card?

Reason I am asking is... after twrp installation and reboot to recovery ->
  1. unable to find the magisk file via file manager or install -> went through all the folders
  2. if I do data wipe, then also unable to find the file
  3. if i reboot to system after data wipe, the files I had put in internal storage disappeared (phone started setting up again, and this is the culprit I guess)
  4. then if i save the magisk or other files in internal storage and reboot to recovery problem is same as above steps 1,2,3
I want to completely root and install lineage os and then do other stuff. I have not done rooting since end of android 7 and once with early andriod 8. Looks like many things have changed.

Please advise and help with what I am doing wrong.

I have followed the steps given by OP and tried https://magiskzip.com/install-twrp-recovery-on-samsung-galaxy-a52s-5g/ this as well. When I try the method in this magisk link I get stuck at Flash the Disable Dm Verity Force Encrypt step because (you guessed it) can't find the file :-D.

I highly suggest you not to follow that guide since it is just a CTRL+C/CTRL+V guide for another phone where they just replaced the device name (dm-verity is not anymore a thing). Please read and follow the guide in OP and make sure not to set a lockscreen protection method to be able to decrypt your data partition.

Reactions: aing666

anwinj

Jun 23, 2012
I highly suggest you not to follow that guide since it is just a CTRL+C/CTRL+V guide for another phone where they just replaced the device name (dm-verity is not anymore a thing). Please read and follow the guide in OP and make sure not to set a lockscreen protection method to be able to decrypt your data partition.
Ok let me try this again by following OP steps. BTW just bought an external sd card

anwinj

Jun 23, 2012
Tks... @BlackMesa123 all good now... had to flash stock rom first though since I had sone multiple things earlier and had some bootloop issues. But now all good and custom rom etc installed. Tks again. Cheers!

Reactions: BlackMesa123

Tuned modified

Apr 14, 2023
Samsung Galaxy A50
Hello I'm having an issue while trying to enter TWRP after I updated my one ui to may update I can't enter twrp recovery mode I can enter it while doing a format
Even on lineage os and crdroid I still can't enter twrp I'm doing volume down + power button they don't work I'm lucky that I flashed magisk to enter recovery mode can you please check this issue if I'm the only one who's having it

Hello I'm having an issue while trying to enter TWRP after I updated my one ui to may update I can't enter twrp recovery mode I can enter it while doing a format
Even on lineage os and crdroid I still can't enter twrp I'm doing volume down + power button they don't work I'm lucky that I flashed magisk to enter recovery mode can you please check this issue if I'm the only one who's having it
You have to connect your phone to pc with usb cable. Then, press and hold VOLUME UP + POWER KEY. When the bootloader unlocked warning appear , release the power button, keep hold Volume Up 15s

Reactions: Tuned modified

batam

Oct 27, 2006
A backup of boot, vendor_boot, dtbo, super and data should be enough to achieve what you wanted to do. Remember you must disable PIN/password in One UI when booting in TWRP in order to mount and backup your data partition correctly.

Yes, I format data (because it gets encrypted if I input a password) then reboot to recovery and proceed to restore my NcX backup

OK, I restored a backup (I'm coming from official LOS and restoring NCX) and... I'm stuck in Samsung logo.
This time when restoring I had messages saying that odm, vendor could not be mounted (invalid argument).

There must be something I'm not doing right.
Now when I reboot to recovery and try to wipe cache for instance, it says my filesystem is encrypted and I may need to perform a Format Data (and loose the data I restored lol).

The thing is, I created the backup after I disabled any PIN/password or fingerprint on NCX (which is not encrypted by default by the way).

Anas Abed

Jun 30, 2023
Plese help I got error 255 when I restore my backup the problem only when restoring data partition any help ??

batam

Oct 27, 2006
OK, I restored a backup (I'm coming from official LOS and restoring NCX) and... I'm stuck in Samsung logo.
This time when restoring I had messages saying that odm, vendor could not be mounted (invalid argument).

There must be something I'm not doing right.
Now when I reboot to recovery and try to wipe cache for instance, it says my filesystem is encrypted and I may need to perform a Format Data (and loose the data I restored lol).

The thing is, I created the backup after I disabled any PIN/password or fingerprint on NCX (which is not encrypted by default by the way).
I'm answering to my own post.
When I formatted Data before restoring NCX I had to boot on LOS to have data/media created and be able to copy my backup on the phone and then restore it >> this is what activated encryption....

So I had to format data once again and boot NCX to get rid of encryption, copy again my backup and then restore.

Now all is OK.

Graeme354

Oct 10, 2012
Team Win Recovery Project

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

home.png
backupname.png

Disclaimer:
  • I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
  • Please pay attention to this post & related ones before proceeding and follow the guide correctly. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
  • Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox features. It can't be resetted in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
  • Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via the community's Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs.

What's TWRP?

Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
In case you're serious, though...

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, root your device and more.

Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/

How do I flash and set it up correctly?

Please notice that the following guide is meant for full stock devices, if you've already rooted your device you can skip it and flash directly the recovery without any extra steps.

Before starting, make sure to backup all your data and important files stored in your phone, since this procedure will format your data partition.

• Open the Settings app, enter Developer Options and enable OEM unlocking (If you don't see Developer Options, enter into About phone>Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show it).
  • Enter Download Mode: to do so power off your device, connect it to a computer via an USB cable and hold both volume up and volume down buttons.
  • Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader. This will wipe your data and your phone will automatically reboot.
  • Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later. Make sure to connect the device to Internet during the setup.
  • Enter Developer Options and check that the OEM unlocking option exists and is grayed out. This means our bootloader is unlocked and your phone has no KnoxGuard lock set.
  • Connect your phone to your PC and boot in Download Mode (power off your device and hold both volume up and volume down buttons).
  • Open Odin3, select the TWRP tar by clicking the "AP" button and the patched vbmeta tar by clicking "USERDATA", then press the Start button.
  • Reboot your phone in recovery mode: while it still plugged in your PC, hold both the power and volume up buttons.
  • Once TWRP has booted you need to format again your data partition in order to be able to boot in system again. To do so touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen.

Bugs:
  • Decryption will only work if no password/PIN/pattern is set in Android (One UI).

Download:

Galaxy A52s 5G (a52sxq):
twrp.me

Bootloader/Modem collection:
GitHub

Sources:

Kernel source code: https://github.com/BlackMesa123/android_kernel_samsung_sm7325/tree/sep-14.1/twrp-12.1
Device tree: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_samsung_a52sxq

Changelog:

Check Post #2.

A52s 5G Community Telegram Groups:

General
Development

Credits:

Samsung for the kernel source code
TeamWin for their awesome recovery
@Captain_Throwback for his help and troubleshooting
@ShaDisNX255 & @ronardnx for testing out the recovery
I have a Samsung A52 5G SM-5260 and had to resurrect my phone, it came up vmeta and TWRP failed. The lineage ROM is for A52s 5G but is this the same as an A52 5G ??? Am confused.

Graeme354

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi, can i flash twrp on the A52s tho its bought from a carrier?
    Yes, usually you can. If you can see "OEM Unlock" in developer settings you will definitely be able to flash TWRP.
    Team Win Recovery Project

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

home.png
    backupname.png

Disclaimer:
    • I am not responsible about any damage of any kind that this custom binary may cause.
    • Please pay attention to this post & related ones before proceeding and follow the guide correctly. I will not offer support for any issues that have been already stated.
    • Your Knox Warranty Bit will be blown once you flash this or others custom binaries, preventing you to use Knox features. It can't be resetted in any way, so think twice before flashing this.
    • Bugs can be reported here in XDA or via the community's Telegram Group. Please be more clear as possible and make sure you provide detailed info when reporting bugs.

What's TWRP?

Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
    In case you're serious, though...

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
    It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, root your device and more.

Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/

How do I flash and set it up correctly?

Please notice that the following guide is meant for full stock devices, if you've already rooted your device you can skip it and flash directly the recovery without any extra steps.

Before starting, make sure to backup all your data and important files stored in your phone, since this procedure will format your data partition.

• Open the Settings app, enter Developer Options and enable OEM unlocking (If you don't see Developer Options, enter into About phone>Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show it).
    • Enter Download Mode: to do so power off your device, connect it to a computer via an USB cable and hold both volume up and volume down buttons.
    • Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader. This will wipe your data and your phone will automatically reboot.
    • Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later. Make sure to connect the device to Internet during the setup.
    • Enter Developer Options and check that the OEM unlocking option exists and is grayed out. This means our bootloader is unlocked and your phone has no KnoxGuard lock set.
    • Connect your phone to your PC and boot in Download Mode (power off your device and hold both volume up and volume down buttons).
    • Open Odin3, select the TWRP tar by clicking the "AP" button and the patched vbmeta tar by clicking "USERDATA", then press the Start button.
    • Reboot your phone in recovery mode: while it still plugged in your PC, hold both the power and volume up buttons.
    • Once TWRP has booted you need to format again your data partition in order to be able to boot in system again. To do so touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen.

Bugs:
    • Decryption will only work if no password/PIN/pattern is set in Android (One UI 4.x/5.x).

Download:

Galaxy A52s 5G (a52sxq):
    twrp.me

Bootloader/Modem collection:
    GitHub

Sources:

Kernel source code: https://github.com/BlackMesa123/android_kernel_samsung_sm7325/tree/sep-15/twrp-12.1
    Device tree: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_samsung_a52sxq

Changelog:

Check Post #2.

A52s 5G Community Telegram Groups:

General
    Development

Credits:

Samsung for the kernel source code
    TeamWin for their awesome recovery
    @Captain_Throwback for his help and troubleshooting
    @ShaDisNX255 & @ronardnx for testing out the recovery
    Changelog:

Please note that this only includes device-specific changes. For global TWRP changes, go to twrp.me.

20240218 (3.7.1_12-0)
    - Updated kernel to FWK4
    - Fix exFAT related issues

20231224 (3.7.0_12-4)
    - Updated kernel to EWJ1
    - Support Android 14 decrypt
    - Set framerate to 120hz

20230104 (3.7.0_12-3)
    - Fix /vendor backup restoring

20221223 (3.7.0_12-2)
    - Updated kernel to DVK5
    - Support Android 13 decrypt with no password
    - Fix /efs, /sec_efs backup

20221208 (3.7.0_12-1)
    - Fix fastbootd
    - Disable stock recovery patching in /vendor

20221015 (3.7.0_12-0)
    - First release
    Really proud to announce that my request to became the official TWRP maintainer for Galaxy A52s has been accepted! Link in the main thread has been updated to now redirect directly to the twrp.me page of this device.
    It's been a while since I released something here in XDA. I'm happy to join the modding train again with this custom recovery, hoping to see more cool stuff come out for this device soon 😄
    A new minor version of the recovery is now available in twrp.me for download.