The full package is easier, but it is possible to use the incremental package as well. To use the incremental OTA package to update in TWRP, here's what you'll need:Thanks captain_throwback for the great work.
I have some queries - Can we install ota updates from asus by flashing package with twrp? Do we need the full package or is ota package enough?
As .98 ota update is out , wanted to know how to flash with twrp when a downloadable update zip is available.
- Current software stock boot.img
- Current software stock recovery.img
- Current software stock dtbo.img (only in some cases)
- Incremental OTA zip for current software to new software
- Latest TWRP image
- Ensure you have the latest version of TWRP installed. If you don't, follow the instructions in the OP to flash it.
- Boot into TWRP.
- Use the "Install Image" feature to flash the stock boot and recovery (and dtbo) images.
- Flash the incremental OTA zip.
- Reboot to bootloader and flash the latest TWRP image.
- (Optional) Boot into TWRP and flash Magisk for root.
If you have any questions or have any issues, let me know.