looked for other ROM options and most here in XDA seem no longer supported.
Settled on crDroid android 10. one zip files generated TWRP error 7, the other generated a corrupt zip file error.
I cant find any android 9 ROMS....
im not really much help here, although i did translate the chinese red writing for you, it's just a software warning, it reads:Hello everyone!
I'm having a pretty bad time trying to get TWRP installed on my S9+.
First of all:
- My device is a G9650 (Exynos)
- OEM bootloader is unlocked
- Coming from up-to-date stock firmware
- Never flashed anything on this device (I do have experience tho, I was a flash-a-holic back in the day with my S7e and the legendary S2)
- I'm installing TWRP to use it with LOS 17.1
- TWRP version I tried is 3.5.2
I followed every step of this guide's part 1. My problem is, I just can't boot into TWRP.
The steps I did:
1. Logged out every account and factory reset on Stock Rom
2. After reset, unlocked OEM bootloader
3. During the reboot of the OEM unlock reset, booted into odin mode
4. Flashed TWRP while holding [Power]+[Bixby]+[Vol up]
5. Stuck on the following screen
6. If I shutdown the phone and try to get the recovery, I get to the same screen as above.
7. If I let the phone boot, I get to the Stock Rom and can use it just fine but it'll overwrite TWRP with the stock recovery.
8. Reflashing TWRP get me stuck in the same screen as above.
Well... Did I do something wrong? Anyone know how can I boot into TWRP in this case?
im not really much help here, although i did translate the chinese red writing for you, it's just a software warning, it reads:
"This phone is not running the software officially released by Samsung. There may be a problem with the function and security of the phone, and you cannot install software updates."
the steps i took to flash twrp on my s9 g960f:
1. unlock bootloader/OEM unlock
2. boot to download mode
3. flash twrp using odin (turn off auto reboot)
4. boot to recovery using power, bixby and volume down, when the screen goes black hold volume up instead of volume down.
let me know if this helps
glad you got it fixed!Thanks a lot but my problem was with the piece between the chair and the keyboard. (
Just to clarify, everything I did was correct except identifying my device model. I have the G9650 which is the International Snapdragon variant instead of Exynos as I previously thought. Binaries are not interchangeable between these two SoCs.
I just wonder why my system booted besides having an incompatible recovery flashed...
Anyway, as soon as I flashed the correct binary, it worked as expected on the first try.
Lesson to newcomers: triple-check your device model before flashing anything. I was damn lucky I didn't brick my phone.
TWRP 3.4.0 Definitely works with Android 10.
i have a question, when wanting to enable OEM unlock, it asked me to factory reset.Part 1 - HOW-TO FLASH TWRP:
1. In your ROM, go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
2. Go to Settings, remove all Samsung and Google accounts and if your device is registered to an enterprise, de-register it.
3. Go to Settings -> Developer options and enable OEM Unlock option.
Notice: This is "state transition" mentioned eailier.
NOTE: You will be asked to do a factory reset, that's normal.
BUT DO NOT LET IT COMPLETE THE WHOLE RESET PROCESS.
You should take a look at the whole guide and be prepared to use reboots as chances to flash or reboot into TWRP.
4. Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phones Drivers.
- Option 1: Download and Install Smart Switch for PC.
- Option 2: Download and Install standalone driver package.
5. Download and extract Odin (Samsung's Flash Tool) to your computer.
6. Download a .tar image of TWRP.
7. Reboot your device to download mode.
- Hold [VOLUME DOWN] + [BIXBY] + [POWER] for approx. 15 seconds.
- Read the warning carefully.
- If you agree, press [VOLUME UP] to get into Download mode. If you don't agree, STOP.
8. Open Odin and place that TWRP tar file in the [AP] slot.
9. Connect your phone.
10. Hold [VOLUME UP] + [BIXBY] + [POWER] on your phone and then press start on Odin.
11. Wait for the phone to reboot. DO NOT release [VOLUME UP] + [BIXBY] + [POWER] or you may not reboot into TWRP.
which device are you using?i have a question, when wanting to enable OEM unlock, it asked me to factory reset.
this guide mentioned, don't let it complete the whole reset process.
but how exactly? it doesn't tell what will happen on phone screen if we agreed to factory reset, and when exactly to reboot the device to download mode (step7).
so right now i haven't enabled OEM unlock, need a help. thanks
solved, i overlooked this "be prepared to use reboots as chances to flash or reboot into TWRP."
now can flash TWRP 18.104.22.168 (don't use latest TWRP if you're on latest firmware, flashing dm verity will fail), and already flashed magisk 23.
setting up the phone now...
any recommended kernel to use for stock rom?
YOu mean when you boot into download mode it says "OEM Lock OFF"
After I turned OEM unlock on my phone was forced into a restart and a reset and when I go DL mode now I get the same "boot into download mode it says "OEM Lock OFF"" maybe this means OEM unlock is ON now we just cant see the switch anymore.
Is this the case anyone?
(I get fail when trying to flash TWRP however)
@ jesec - I am writing to try to get past an apparent RMM issue.
I previously had followed your guide and had everything working and was trying out a number of the ROM's On the last one, I had problems with Super SU, and reflashed it and also the original RMM zip. The ROM would not boot, and on trying to get to TWRP, it was gone - along with OEM unlock in dev. options. In download mode, both locks were on, and RMM was Prenormal.
I ended up ODINing stock ROM, and apparently started the 7 day clock, After 7 days, OEM unlock showed up, so unlocked, but that led to its insisting that a factory reset be done, which resulted in RMM back to Prenormal, BUT both the unlocks show off.
I wonder if you can point me to the next step - which right now getting RMM back to normal without messing the locks up again.
In 7 days, will the RMM go back to normal, and if so - should I Odin from there (if the locks are still off), or will I have to risk OEM unlocking in Dev. mode and having it try to force another reset.
Since you appear to be the S9+ RMM expert, I hope you will be able to guide me on this.
If successful, does your new no-verity-opt-encrypt-samsung-1.0 zip replace the RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa zip and the no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0-star zips i had used previously?
Damn, so I booted to download mode, flashed with Odin, but it wouldn't go into TWRP. It kept coming up with the screen to reset device from hitting the OEM unlock in developer settings. Stupidly I booted up and hastily setup, now flashing in Odin fails, as the OEM unlock is gone again. Im sure I know the answer, but there's nothing I can do now for another week until the OEM unlock appears again is there? No app to find hidden menus or anything to try and find that OEM unlock option is there?
I am similar situation.
1. Oem unlock switched on in developer.
2. Twrp Flash IN Odin success. First time.
3. Didn't manage to install the additional flash for dm verity etc, and rebooted back to stock.
4. Tried to flash Twrp again. Failed, says can only install official binaries.
5. Going back to dev options, Oem unlock not visible. However in stock recovery it says Oem lock and Frp both OFF.
does this mean I'm in jail, and have to wait 7 days?
I am still waiting for 7 days to see I can see "OEM Unlock" in development page. From my understanding, if the option appear and I pick to set it. It will force me confirm to do a factory reset. It will be tedious to do phone setup after that. Hopefully it will not be requirement. Let's see in a few days.
I will take the "reset" hit to be able to install custom rom. Will see.
I have samsung s9 plus SM G965F
I think my phone is demo phone.but i dont see any think like that.but main issue i dont see play store app.unable to install it from any source.2nd issue is i dont see screen and security option in my phone.
3rd when i go to master reset through volume up+power+bixby button.
Msg shows that MDM doesnot allow to factory reset.
In developers mode OEM option not shown.
And in downloading mode OEM is on frp on
I cant remove my google account .
Please read this thread and help what should i do now?
same model here, same story, after turning on OEM unlock the first reboot forced a reset, then after some system update a second reset, since then haven't had a reset yet, OEM unlock never went away.
still wondering how to root this phone, I'm really baffled here. also, all the files are named 965F, can I use those to root 965N (256G)? please help!