[RECOVERY] [OFFICIAL] TWRP for Shield Tablet

Search This thread

D-m-x

Apr 28, 2011
Germany
@Steel01: Thank you for the updated TWRP, it seems actually faster :)
Altough my Adopted Storage isn't recognized, I am only seeing Internal, Micro SD and USB OTG (bith 0MB which is of course right). Not seeing anything in the Logs like failed Mount etc. like how it was in previous Versions. Am I missing something here?

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
@Steel01: Thank you for the updated TWRP, it seems actually faster :)
Altough my Adopted Storage isn't recognized, I am only seeing Internal, Micro SD and USB OTG (bith 0MB which is of course right). Not seeing anything in the Logs like failed Mount etc. like how it was in previous Versions. Am I missing something here?
No, you're probably not missing anything. I reapplied an old fix for adopted storage that had been lost, but apparently that wasn't enough. Guess that's back on my list of things to check.

Reactions: D-m-x

nathan-96

Apr 13, 2012
The Hague
@Steel01 When flashing a rom with the latest TWRP, I get the error: "this zip is for 'shieldtablet' your device is ' ' "(Empty string). Flashing with older TWRP works fine.

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
I have an K1, it happend when I tried to flash an optimized stock rom.
I dont have an cmdline folder inside my proc folder :/
https://photos.app.goo.gl/fUzHsuvqcNOPlhKh1
It's a file, not a folder. Will look similar to:
Code:
androidboot.hardware=tn8 buildvariant=userdebug androidboot.security=unlocked tegraid=40.1.1.0.0 [email protected] memtype=0 vpr_resize [email protected] otf_key=*snip* [email protected] section=256M commchip_id=0 usb_port_owner_info=0 lane_owner_info=0 emc_max_dvfs=0 androidboot.serialno=*snip* androidboot.commchip_id=0 androidboot.modem=none androidboot.touch_vendor_id=0 androidboot.touch_panel_id=9 androidboot.touch_feature=0 androidboot.orientation=0 androidboot.batterytype=1 fiq_debugger.script=reset [email protected] video=tegrafb no_console_suspend=1 console=ttyS0,115200n8 debug_uartport=lsport,3 sku_override=0 usbcore.old_scheme_first=1 [email protected] [email protected] core_edp_mv=1150 core_edp_ma=4000 board_info=0x06e1:0x00ea:0x04:0x00:0x00 tegraboot=sdmmc gpt gpt_sector=41983 modem_id=0 [email protected] android.kerneltype=normal androidboot.bootreason=pmc:power_on_reset,pmic:PwrOnLPK vmalloc=300m androidboot.bootloader=4.00.2016.04-8b2413b7
Might want to scrub the serial and otf_key like I did. But the main part I'm looking for is the second field in the board_info parameter. 0x00ea is the wifi only models.

Reactions: nathan-96

nathan-96

Apr 13, 2012
The Hague
It's a file, not a folder. Will look similar to:
Code:
androidboot.hardware=tn8 buildvariant=userdebug androidboot.security=unlocked tegraid=40.1.1.0.0 [email protected] memtype=0 vpr_resize [email protected] otf_key=*snip* [email protected] section=256M commchip_id=0 usb_port_owner_info=0 lane_owner_info=0 emc_max_dvfs=0 androidboot.serialno=*snip* androidboot.commchip_id=0 androidboot.modem=none androidboot.touch_vendor_id=0 androidboot.touch_panel_id=9 androidboot.touch_feature=0 androidboot.orientation=0 androidboot.batterytype=1 fiq_debugger.script=reset [email protected] video=tegrafb no_console_suspend=1 console=ttyS0,115200n8 debug_uartport=lsport,3 sku_override=0 usbcore.old_scheme_first=1 [email protected] [email protected] core_edp_mv=1150 core_edp_ma=4000 board_info=0x06e1:0x00ea:0x04:0x00:0x00 tegraboot=sdmmc gpt gpt_sector=41983 modem_id=0 [email protected] android.kerneltype=normal androidboot.bootreason=pmc:power_on_reset,pmic:PwrOnLPK vmalloc=300m androidboot.bootloader=4.00.2016.04-8b2413b7
Might want to scrub the serial and otf_key like I did. But the main part I'm looking for is the second field in the board_info parameter. 0x00ea is the wifi only models.

androidboot.hardware=tn8 buildvariant=eng androidboot.security=unlocked tegraid=40.1.1.0.0 [email protected] memtype=0 vpr_resize [email protected] otf_key=*scrubbed* [email protected] section=256M commchip_id=0 usb_port_owner_info=0 lane_owner_info=0 emc_max_dvfs=0 androidboot.serialno=*scrubbed* androidboot.commchip_id=0 androidboot.modem=none androidboot.touch_vendor_id=0 androidboot.touch_panel_id=9 androidboot.touch_feature=0 androidboot.orientation=0 androidboot.batterytype=1 fiq_debugger.script=reset [email protected] video=tegrafb no_console_suspend=1 console=ttyS0,115200n8 debug_uartport=lsport,3 sku_override=0 usbcore.old_scheme_first=1 [email protected] [email protected] core_edp_mv=1150 core_edp_ma=4000 board_info=0x06e1:0x00ea:0x04:0x00:0x00 tegraboot=sdmmc gpt gpt_sector=41983 modem_id=0 [email protected] android.kerneltype=recovery androidboot.bootreason=pmc:software_reset,pmic:NoReason vmalloc=300m androidboot.bootloader=4.00.2016.04-8b2413b7

Thanks, here it is :)

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
androidboot.hardware=tn8 buildvariant=eng androidboot.security=unlocked tegraid=40.1.1.0.0 [email protected] memtype=0 vpr_resize [email protected] otf_key=*scrubbed* [email protected] section=256M commchip_id=0 usb_port_owner_info=0 lane_owner_info=0 emc_max_dvfs=0 androidboot.serialno=*scrubbed* androidboot.commchip_id=0 androidboot.modem=none androidboot.touch_vendor_id=0 androidboot.touch_panel_id=9 androidboot.touch_feature=0 androidboot.orientation=0 androidboot.batterytype=1 fiq_debugger.script=reset [email protected] video=tegrafb no_console_suspend=1 console=ttyS0,115200n8 debug_uartport=lsport,3 sku_override=0 usbcore.old_scheme_first=1 [email protected] [email protected] core_edp_mv=1150 core_edp_ma=4000 board_info=0x06e1:0x00ea:0x04:0x00:0x00 tegraboot=sdmmc gpt gpt_sector=41983 modem_id=0 [email protected] android.kerneltype=recovery androidboot.bootreason=pmc:software_reset,pmic:NoReason vmalloc=300m androidboot.bootloader=4.00.2016.04-8b2413b7

Thanks, here it is :)
That looks fine. Weird... Was is the output of the following two commands:
getprop ro.hardware
getprop ro.product.name

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
tn8 & wx_na_wf

Is it possible that it happens because I formatted every partition in twrp?
Eh? If those are set, then why is it failing?? How about
getprop ro.product.device
getprop ro.product.name

Also, what are you trying to flash? And no, wiping won't break things like this.

nathan-96

Apr 13, 2012
The Hague
getprop ro.product.name

Also, what are you trying to flash? And no, wiping won't break things like this.

ro.product.name & shieldtablet
I tried flashing last official lineage ;)

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

getprop ro.product.name

shieldtablet & wx_na_wf

s2berto

Oct 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Yet Another Bootloader Unknown Issue (aka, YABUI)

I am stuck here, folks. Samsung devices are more my comfort zone, so figure I have hit something unique on the Shield Tablet. I am trying to install LOS 14.1 on my wife's ST K1 via TWRP 3.1.1-0 and I get the 'supports bootloader 4.00.x ... bootloader unknown ... error 7' issue. I have flashed boot.img from the LOS zip and a stock boot.img from nvidia, but still come up with differen bootloader versions.

I have ADB, fastboot & TWRP at my disposal, but no bootable OS. Any suggestions on installing the real 4.00.x bootloader?

TIA, s2

Last edited:

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
@s2berto Bootloader is not what's in boot.img. You want the file linked in the opening post to my Lineage thread, the one labelled firmware. Flash that in twrp and reboot once. You'll have to let it try to boot android normally for the update to actually apply. At that point, you can go back to twrp and flash lineage as expected. The check is there to prevent issue with firmware/bootloader incompatibilities.

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
@s2berto Bootloader is not what's in boot.img. You want the file linked in the opening post to my Lineage thread, the one labelled firmware. Flash that in twrp and reboot once. You'll have to let it try to boot android normally for the update to actually apply. At that point, you can go back to twrp and flash lineage as expected. The check is there to prevent issue with firmware/bootloader incompatibilities.

Reactions: Sjamaan

s2berto

Oct 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
My fault

Thank you for your quick reply, Steel01. I think I had two problems: 1 ) I was thinking boot.img covered the bootloader, not the boot partition. 2 ) I did not fully read the MOP. My familiarity with Galaxy stuff, LINUX & UNIX probably made me go 'Yep, yep, got it'. Very bad procedure for an IT guy...

I will start afresh in the morning and heed your instructions.

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
Thank you for your quick reply, Steel01. I think I had two problems: 1 ) I was thinking boot.img covered the bootloader, not the boot partition. 2 ) I did not fully read the MOP. My familiarity with Galaxy stuff, LINUX & UNIX probably made me go 'Yep, yep, got it'. Very bad procedure for an IT guy...

I will start afresh in the morning and heed your instructions.
So, Nvidia does handle things differently. It's not hard to assume it'll work like all the Qcom stuff out there, but it's not true. QCom stuff (which covers the US Galaxy variants) has multiple firmware partitions you directly flash to update stuff. Nvidia instead using a staging partition. You flash a blob to the staging partition and during boot, the system checks to see if the blob is valid and if so, applies it to all relevant partitions and reboots. So, it is an extra step, but it does allow for better sanity checks and prevent simple bricks.

Reactions: Zel_M and drewski_1

skorpiodav

Jul 26, 2017
I tried the latest version twrp-3.2.3-0-shieldtablet.img but the adopted storage is not detected, is this right? I'm looking for a versione higher than 3.1.0.0 to use with TWRP backup tool to backup directly to PC. I found a modified 3.1.0.2 version that works but I would like to use an official and updated version.

Son-j

Jul 24, 2014
I tried using TWRP 3.2.3.0 bit it seems that it can't write to SD card so I cant put my back up there. Any suggestion?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD:
    Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed
    1) Download the latest version from our website on your device
    2) Reboot to TWRP
    3) Hit Install and tap the "Images..." button in the lower right
    4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
    5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website.
    Direct device link

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    The new version has been released with the adopted storage fix.
    Here is twrp 3.0.0-1 for the shield tablet running the L bootloader ...

I will update the OP later on today... :)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24411628330025347

Thx Josh
    Well, since @lj50036 now has a holey tablet, I finally bit the bullet and took maintainership. Got things sorted and we now have a new release. 3.0.2-1 has all the latest discoveries and changes merged in. It will boot on both bootloaders, all features should work, etc. We've requested the xda mods to transfer the thread to me. Once that happens, I'll get the OP updated with the new info. For now, just go to twrps website to pull the new release. And if there are any problems at all, please let me know.
    New builds are up as of a few hours ago. And some issues should be fixed finally. Like, adopted storage should actually work. If any issues are found, new or old, please report them. I'm more easily able to push in updates and fixes now.