[Recovery] Official TWRP for the OnePlus 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
I have combined the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T TWRP threads into a single thread for the unified build.

Please visit:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3/development/recovery-official-twrp-oneplus-3-3t-t3543391

I apologize for the inconvenience.

XDA:DevDB Information
Team Win Recovery Project for the OnePlus 3, Tool/Utility for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
jcadduono, Team Win
Source Code: https://github.com/jcadduono/android_device_oneplus_oneplus3

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.0.3-0
Stable Release Date: 2017-01-16

Created 2017-01-16
Last Updated 2017-01-22

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
Reserved

ONEPLUS FULL OTA ZIPS

You can flash these zips in TWRP to update your device or save yourself from a broken or soft-bricked state.
They are official zips distributed by OnePlus.

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a full OTA that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full OTA zips in recovery.

Last edited:

liam_davenport

Apr 17, 2014
Wakefield
Can i use it with Stock OOS 4.0.1 ? Or i need modified 28 ?
No need for Modified anymore, Just flash this :good:

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Did you read changelog
Read the changelog??? Are we on the same site no one reads here :laugh:

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Did you read changelog
I just ask one doubt. If u know the answer means simply reply. Otherwise please ignore the question. No need to over smart here dude. :good:

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

No need for Modified anymore, Just flash this :good:

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Read the changelog??? Are we on the same site no one reads here :laugh:
Thanks my friend. ;)

abhibnl

Oct 13, 2011
Really excited to try the latest version once it gets uploaded. Was waiting for it to be able to decrypt my ext4 storage on Nougat. Hope it will work fine now.

abobobilly

Feb 14, 2011
Lahore
Oh wow. Finally something is here. Hopefully this will work well to root my Nougat, without causing the wrong password problem.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
Really excited to try the latest version once it gets uploaded. Was waiting for it to be able to decrypt my ext4 storage on Nougat. Hope it will work fine now.
RC2 is actually newer than the official one that gets uploaded, the only difference is RC2 has a bug fix for backup permissions.
In official TWRP you won't see your backups while booted into ROM because they are owned by root with no security contexts.
In 3.0.3-1-rc2 you will see them because it should be properly owned by media_rw and with the correct contexts.

Official releases happen under the tag of current release (3.0.3 at the moment), and doesn't have that fix.

any reason SuperSU stable is suggested instead of SR3? are there any known issues?
We know stable is working, and SR1 and SR2 had problems. 2.80 stable is coming out soon as well.
Best off keeping the link going to a stable version, don't you think?

abhibnl

Oct 13, 2011
RC2 is actually newer than the official one that gets uploaded, the only difference is RC2 has a bug fix for backup permissions.
In official TWRP you won't see your backups while booted into ROM because they are owned by root with no security contexts.
In 3.0.3-1-rc2 you will see them because it should be properly owned by media_rw and with the correct contexts.
Thanks! Will flash 3.0.3-1-rc2 then. :)

---------- Post added 17th January 2017 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 16th January 2017 at 11:50 PM ----------

Flashed it, and i am still unable to decrypt my storage while in recovery. I am on ext4 everything. Never formatted to any other file system. Any advices as to what's wrong and what can be done? The pattern i am using is 100% correct as it works when i boot my rom.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

BTW does it record any logs when decryption fails in recovery? I am really annoyed with this issue now.

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
Thanks! Will flash 3.0.3-1-rc2 then. :)

---------- Post added 17th January 2017 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 16th January 2017 at 11:50 PM ----------

Flashed it, and i am still unable to decrypt my storage while in recovery. I am on ext4 everything. Never formatted to any other file system. Any advices as to what's wrong and what can be done? The pattern i am using is 100% correct as it works when i boot my rom.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

BTW does it record any logs when decryption fails in recovery? I am really annoyed with this issue now.
change your boot up password while in your rom, then change it back to however you wanted it.

the encryption key has to be generated on your current rom for it to decrypt properly in TWRP.

Enable signatures on XDA if you want to know how to give logs, I guess.

cdonald

Jun 8, 2014
NJ
I attempted to flash the latest FreedomOS based on OOS 4.0.1 and get the following error with RC2:

"This package is for "OnePlus3" devices this a "oneplus3""

Reactions: dbjc
Status
Not open for further replies.