[Recovery] Official TWRP for the OnePlus 3T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

FishyFing

Mar 30, 2014
Ashford
fishyfing.xyz
I'm looking for people to start testing UNIFIED (EXPERIMENTAL) OnePlus 3/OnePlus 3T TWRP builds from the Nougat sources. There will be no separate f2fs builds as I am now using a modified version of f2fs backport with full compatibility with Android stable f2fs.

Please send me a message on Telegram or IRC (freenode.net)
jcadduono as always.

do these builds fix the super long twrp boot times?

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

nadejo

Jun 28, 2010
I'm looking for people to start testing UNIFIED (EXPERIMENTAL) OnePlus 3/OnePlus 3T TWRP builds from the Nougat sources. There will be no separate f2fs builds as I am now using a modified version of f2fs backport with full compatibility with Android stable f2fs.

Please send me a message on Telegram or IRC (freenode.net)
jcadduono as always.

You mean something like http://www.arter97.com/browse/op3/AOSPA/twrp-3.0.2-1-oneplus3_3t-aospa.img
?

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com

nadejo

Jun 28, 2010
Im currently using backport f2fs twrp (data / cache f2fs) on official rr. Im scared to flash twrp-3.0.3-1-unified-test5-oneplus3.img since its experimental, anyone tried yet comming from backport f2fs twrp & ran into any issues? Thanks!

tfae

Feb 14, 2015
OnePlus 8 Pro
ready for public testing now: https://build.nethunter.com/test-builds/twrp/oneplus/twrp-3.0.3-1-unified-test5-oneplus3.img (updated to test5)

it should work fine on both f2fs variants! uses backport f2fs drivers with small modifications and optimizations to work correctly on 2014 f2fs
it also has the fix for backup/restore of system + capabilities
it should hopefully also mount ext4 encryption data without the need for the zip

please report with your findings!

I will be closing this thread when they are merged officially and redirecting users to the OnePlus 3 thread
What do you mean with "backup/restore of system + capabilities"?
What are those "capabilities"?

ready for public testing now: https://build.nethunter.com/test-builds/twrp/oneplus/twrp-3.0.3-1-unified-test5-oneplus3.img (updated to test5)

it should work fine on both f2fs variants! uses backport f2fs drivers with small modifications and optimizations to work correctly on 2014 f2fs
it also has the fix for backup/restore of system + capabilities
it should hopefully also mount ext4 encryption data without the need for the zip

please report with your findings!

I will be closing this thread when they are merged officially and redirecting users to the OnePlus 3 thread
Hi there, I flashed this one with the official twrp app but I still have black screen when I want to reboot in recovery. I'm on official RR Rom. I'll try to flash via fastboot later, starting from a clean install. Hope it solve

liver20

Dec 24, 2012
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi there, I flashed this one with the official twrp app but I still have black screen when I want to reboot in recovery. I'm on official RR Rom. I'll try to flash via fastboot later, starting from a clean install. Hope it solve

You should flash via fastboot, this solve your problem.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

t0pstar

Feb 18, 2013
deutschland
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hey
I'm on the last twrp 3.0.3-1 (and the backport one also tested and don't work )and facing a problem . every time I flash some thing in recovery , I must setup my ROM again . this happened on different ROMs (RR in-, and official , AicP, ) . I already read something about this problems but I can't find it any more.

Thanks

Gesendet von meinem unknown mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

uaiclout

May 21, 2015
Hey
I'm on the last twrp and facing a problem . every time I flash some thing in recovery , I must setup my ROM again . this happened on different ROMs (RR in-, and official , AicP, ) . I already read something about this problems but I can't find it any more.

Thanks

Which version of TWRP?

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
In a nutshell, here what I did:
- All steps from OP up to step 9
- Flash the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip
- Format data
- Switch from f2fs to ext4
- Flash Tugapower rom + Magisk + unSU + Phh's Superuser + Maps v1 zip
- Reboot
- Install microG framework + Gsf proxy as user apps
- Enable signature spoofing through Tingle tool
- Reboot
- Encrypt my data + set a PIN to be able to boot

Everything is working well except this:

TWRP has been flashed several times with 'fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.3-1-oneplus3t.img' but I can only boot into TWRP from the fastboot command 'sudo fastboot boot twrp-3.0.3-1-oneplus3t.img'.
While trying to reboot from Android my phone boots to the 'Start' screen (when we have to press a key to select more options otherwise the phone boots to Android).
I didn't find any solution in the thread. Any idea?

EDIT: my bad. No issue at all :) I removed my phone from the computer. I don't know if it makes sense, though...

Last edited:

Vihru

May 25, 2012
Finland
In a nutshell, here what I did:
- All steps from OP up to step 9
- Flash the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip
- Format data
- Switch from f2fs to ext4
- Flash Tugapower rom + Magisk + unSU + Phh's Superuser + Maps v1 zip
- Reboot
- Install microG framework + Gsf proxy as user apps
- Enable signature spoofing through Tingle tool
- Reboot
- Encrypt my data + set a PIN to be able to boot

Everything is working well except this:

TWRP has been flashed several times with 'fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.3-1-oneplus3t.img' but I can only boot into TWRP from the fastboot command 'sudo fastboot boot twrp-3.0.3-1-oneplus3t.img'.
While trying to reboot from Android my phone boots to the 'Start' screen (when we have to press a key to select more options otherwise the phone boots to Android).
I didn't find any solution in the thread. Any idea?

EDIT: my bad. No issue at all :) I removed my phone from the computer. I don't know if it makes sense, though...

Can i ask is that microG framework good? and what is that gsf proxy? and what maps v1 zip? and where you downloaded these?

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
Before I dive in, will the unified test5 twrp work with all roms or must I either convert to ext4 or use the modified backport twrp still?

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

zige

May 24, 2012
Helsinki
Nothing Phone 1

You should flash via fastboot, this solve your problem.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

I have same for 2 weeks already. Flashing via fastboot dont solve it. Only way boot to recovery is fastboot boot twrp.img command. BTW, i'm also using RR rom (unofficial one).

panooos

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester
Hey
I'm on the last twrp 3.0.3-1 (and the backport one also tested and don't work )and facing a problem . every time I flash some thing in recovery , I must setup my ROM again . this happened on different ROMs (RR in-, and official , AicP, ) . I already read something about this problems but I can't find it any more.

Thanks

Same problem here.

mad-murdock

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
@jcadduono can confirm capabilities are working on test build. Did restore data, boot and system, no logcat spam. Test 5 build.

I have same for 2 weeks already. Flashing via fastboot dont solve it. Only way boot to recovery is fastboot boot twrp.img command. BTW, i'm also using RR rom (unofficial one).

what happens if you "fastboot flash recovery twrp-yaddayadda.img" and then use volume buttons to chosse "recovery mode" and then confirm with power button?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Can i ask is that microG framework good? and what is that gsf proxy? and what maps v1 zip? and where you downloaded these?

I also want to know how microG works. (gsf prox, maps v1, all connected to microG. you can find out spending 10 minutes reading. i know, insane!)

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Before I dive in, will the unified test5 twrp work with all roms or must I either convert to ext4 or use the modified backport twrp still?

it SHOULD work for any roms. SHOULD because its still in testing. try it and report back if it doesnt work. (if you report back, include twrp version, rom and the two logs mentioned in OP). IMHO that test build is your best shot currently.

I personally enjoy reading about people having f2fs problems while chilling on my ext4. One day in the future I switch back to f2fs, but that day has yet to come.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts